PDA

View Full Version : Mary at JPMorgan Chase Open 2005 + draw

sebbe
Aug 7th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Mary is going to LA next week and hpefully she can be as good as she is this week.
I must say that she has a pretty good draw. And I mean, Dementieva in a possible quater, she is very beatable.
She might have a semi against Maria if she gets that far, could be very interesting. But as usual :D , take one match at a time.

Unfortunately I won't be able to fallow Mary this week cuz I'm going to be at the Nordic Light Open all week, next week. Me and a friend is going to see every match that is played so it will be nice.

But
Good Luck Mary!!

-------------------------------

(1) SHARAPOVA Maria vs. Bye
KIRILENKO Maria vs. IRVIN Marissa
MIRZA Sania vs. BENESOVA Iveta
(16) CHAKVETADZE Anna vs LI Na
(11) ASAGOE Shinobu vs. ZHENG Jie
LINETSKAYA Evgenia vs.Q
DOMACHOWSKA Marta vs. Q
(7) ZVONAREVA Vera vs. Bye

(3) DEMENTIEVA Elena vs. Bye
JIDKOVA Alina vs. STOSUR Samantha
SUGIYAMA Ai vs, RUBIN Chanda
(13) SCHIAVONE Francesca vs. CAMERIN Maria Elena
(10) PENNETTA Flavia vs. Q
OSTERLOH Lilia vs. RAYMOND Lisa
Q vs. Q
(6) PIERCE Mary vs. Bye

(5) CLIJSTERS Kim vs. Bye
SPREM Karolina vs. Q
SERRA ZANETTI Antonella vs. Q
(12) SAFINA Dinara vs. BRANDI Kristina
(15) KOUKALOVA Klara vs. MATEVZIC Maja
FRAZIER Amy vs. SPEARS Abigail
RUANO PASCUAL Virginia vs. CRAYBAS Jill
(4) PETROVA Nadia vs. Bye

(8) LIKHOVTSEVA Elena vs. Bye
BARTOLI Marion vs. Q
VENTO-KABCHI Maria vs. PENG Shuai
(9) HANTUCHOVA Daniela vs. RANDRIANTEFY Dally
(14) DULKO Gisela vs. ZULUAGA Fabiola
WASHINGTON Mashona vs. MARTINEZ Conchita
DANIILIDOU Eleni vs. MORIGAMI Akiko
(2) KUZNETSOVA Svetlana vs. Bye

Andy.
Aug 7th, 2005, 12:50 AM
I very similar draw to this week. Mary will have to keep up her level of play but there are no unbeatable people in this tournament.

aimee20
Aug 7th, 2005, 01:06 AM
i love the draw :devil:

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 7th, 2005, 07:01 AM
A very good draw and a good first round !
Very important because Mary will probably be a little tired, so an easy first round (Garbin is qualy number one) can help her a lot to go deeper in the tournament !

Then Mary is now a far better player than Pennetta, Raymond ... and Dementieva i think ! But i would be a really beautiful match, a Pierce/Dementieva !

Hmm, don't forget Sugiyama in this part of the draw ! We'll know tonight if Mary is better than her :drool:

Hope Mary won't play in doubles to have rest ! ;)

atoutix
Aug 7th, 2005, 09:07 AM
I HOPE THE BEST for Maryy ,she will certainly be tired after San Diego ..

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 7th, 2005, 12:10 PM
:eek: another final?

cakiteror
Aug 7th, 2005, 12:33 PM
mary ha s a bye,so she should have time to rest!
if she wins today,oh that would make so,so so ,so happy!!!!!!!!
MARY,please have fun,cause that is the only way you can win and you should win!

Ingokoer
Aug 8th, 2005, 10:55 AM
After this great week in San Diego I have a lot of high expactations and hopes for Los Angeles. Final could be (and I am pretty sure it would) Clijsters vs. Pierce. With that self confidence and aggressive play from last week, Mary could and will turn around the negative statistics of her matches vs. Sharapova and Clijsters.

Declan
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:11 AM
I just want her to take out Dementieva in the Quarters! It bugs me that she's never played her either fully fit or on form.

Piotrek
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Good luck in LA Mary.

GO GIRL !!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

saby
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I just want her to take out Dementieva in the Quarters! It bugs me that she's never played her either fully fit or on form.

Yep I still remember the first confrontation :fiery: Mary had to retire she twisted her ankle :sad: :sad: and she never had a chance to play E_D injury free, but Fed cup is comming...

Lu_Weird
Aug 8th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Yep I still remember the first confrontation :fiery: Mary had to retire she twisted her ankle :sad: :sad: and she never had a chance to play E_D injury free, but Fed cup is comming...

Hey but I remember they met before..and Mary defeat her at 2000...it's hard court in March or April I forgot...but I remember Mary did...

Declan
Aug 8th, 2005, 01:42 PM
No, unfortunately Mary's never beaten Dementieva.

vanillalatte
Aug 8th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Bonne Chance, Mahreeee!

saby
Aug 8th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I can't forgot this defeat :fiery: It was 98 or 99 indian wells I think, one of Dementieva first apparence in tier one, Mary couldn't even get out of the court alone, they had to come and take her with little golf car :sad: :sad: :sad:

vanillalatte
Aug 8th, 2005, 04:07 PM
they had to come and take her with little golf car :sad: :sad: :sad:

why ? :confused:

Declan
Aug 8th, 2005, 05:08 PM
I remember several posters on the 'old' board accused Mary of faking an injury to avoid a shock defeat, even though this is something she has NEVER done in her whole career.

mamno_MARYFAN
Aug 8th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Reasonably good draw...1st round bye and a qualifier next...and then Elena D....should be very interesting...I feel Mary can do a better job this time...she would love to attack Elena's serves and put pressure straight away...:eek:

I just hope Mary won't be too tired after her wonderful run last week...

Correct me if I'm wrong, guys...but I think the last time Mary reached back to back finals was back in 1997...Mary won the Italian and then reached the finals of the German Open following that where she lost to Mary-Joe...am I right???:confused:

Anyway...as always...I hope Mary will try to relax and focus at the same time...you can do it Mary...YEAH!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

cakiteror
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:04 PM
i believe it was un 1998,when she won in luxemburg and moscow,i believe that were her last back to back!
but i may be wrong!
p.s.on wtatour.com they say mary won SAN DIEGO IN 2004!!!!!

ashwu
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:48 PM
i believe it was un 1998,when she won in luxemburg and moscow,i believe that were her last back to back!
but i may be wrong!

you are right. back to back wins:bounce: + a doubles title :worship:

saby
Aug 8th, 2005, 09:15 PM
why ? :confused:

She twisted her ankle and she couldn't walk

I remember several posters on the 'old' board accused Mary of faking an injury to avoid a shock defeat, even though this is something she has NEVER done in her whole career.

What !!! weird b/c I remember Mary hitting the ball (I think it was a forehand) and her ankle just twisted, why should she fake that, Mary lost to unknown players (worst ranked that E_D at that moment) and she didn't fake an injury :rolleyes:

Well the people who's working on the WTA are smoking too much LOL :lol:

Lu_Weird
Aug 9th, 2005, 01:45 AM
:eek: another final?

Why not? I think another champion!! :p

MaryPierceFan
Aug 9th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Mary and Dementieva played in '99 in Miami's 2nd round and Mary retired because of a food poisoning.

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 9th, 2005, 07:39 AM
They played in '99 in Miami's 2nd round and Mary retired because of a food poisoning.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

ashwu
Aug 9th, 2005, 08:44 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/losangeles1/f_27.jpg

Los Angeles, California: Mary Pierce drives a Range Rover around a course at the Home Depot Center in Carson California.:angel:

MissTennisFan
Aug 9th, 2005, 10:12 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/losangeles1/f_27.jpg

Los Angeles, California: Mary Pierce drives a Range Rover around a course at the Home Depot Center in Carson California.:angel:

Cool! Thanks :wavey:

I wonder if it's stick or automatic:drive: I can't drive stick... well I guess I kind of can but I have an automatic license so that pretty much settles it! LOL :lol:

MissTennisFan
Aug 9th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Here is another one:

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/losangeles1/f_30.jpg

MaryPierceFan
Aug 9th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Cool pics! Where did You find them?

ashwu
Aug 9th, 2005, 11:43 AM
from wtatour.com

i have a license for stick shift car. but never really drove one after i got the license :)

Andy.
Aug 9th, 2005, 02:18 PM
She looks so Happy relaxed and radient.

franny
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:12 AM
It's so wonderful just to see Mary so happy again. It really is fantastic. I'm so happy for her.

ashwu
Aug 10th, 2005, 08:10 AM
download the 2nd set!!!!
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=183685

many thanks to Knizzle!!!

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 10th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Mary won the car (seen on tv) :wavey: ?

MissTennisFan
Aug 10th, 2005, 09:24 AM
download the 2nd set!!!!
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=183685

many thanks to Knizzle!!!

Hi, is it just the second set or does it also include Mary's acceptance speech?

ashwu
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:40 AM
only the second set...