PDA

View Full Version : Was Natalie right in saying those mean things about Mary???

ms_nut
Aug 6th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Sure, Mary did question a lot of calls in the match.. which really surprised me..
She also looked at the umpire and made a face when Dechy took more time with her towel..But she did applaud a lot of Dechy's shots...
Okay, she did take a little more time .. but she's always done that...
Also, it's not like the line calls really decided the match...
Mary convincingly beat Dechy... So is this just a case of sour grapes for Dechy??:tape::tape:
In the past, a lot of players have been pissed off about Mary's Diva antics.. Rennae Stubbs,Zvereva and Novotna were some of them.. But they patched up and even played doubles with Mary and even won titles.... Maybe they came to know the real Mary Pierce and liked her.:worship:. The only exception i think was Tauziet.. she's always been jealous of her and has said rude remarks abt her... but Mary was classy abt that and replied when asked saying " I've known Tauziet off the court and she's been a "friend" so i can't comment":worship::worship:
So was Dechy just pissed off .. or did she really have a reason to say " I thought Mary was my friend.. I guess i made a mistake:o:o:o
Your thoughts???

aimee20
Aug 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM
that's such a harsh thing to say. if it just about habit on the court then dechy's definitely such a sour grape. but who knows there might be other reasons :confused:

ashwu
Aug 6th, 2005, 04:23 PM
friends... come and go so easily for her...

ashwu
Aug 6th, 2005, 04:25 PM
maybe they've already work it out by now~ who knows~ hope so.

MPStylee
Aug 7th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Oh man, I hope they patch it up!!! They have to be friends for Fed Cup!

ms_nut
Aug 7th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Oh man, I hope they patch it up!!! They have to be friends for Fed Cup!

Or at least tolerate each other....:lol::lol:

Mark Spruce
Aug 7th, 2005, 03:43 AM
I hope they will be ok with each other

Mark

rsunderji
Aug 7th, 2005, 03:46 AM
why do peiple think mary has these alterior motives? It's the heat of competition you can't blame Mary for competing. That does sound like sour grapes if you ask me. Dechy can't beat her so she goes to using the friendship card? Please!

Lu_Weird
Aug 7th, 2005, 04:22 AM
I hope Dechy just come to her mind....She just not calm because lost the game..when times go She will find her thought are very immature even naive..a real good player never complain that what's more they are friends.... anyway hope they will all fine...

mamno_MARYFAN
Aug 7th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Well...I never thought Mary's on court habits were being done on purpose...its the way Mary is...other players should now that and respect her...moreover Dechy who's Mary's Fed Cup teamate and friend...she should understand Mary at least better than other players...:rolleyes:

Notice that Serena and Venus never complained when they were playing Mary...just shows that some players can be professional and others simply just can't...;)

dania
Aug 7th, 2005, 08:16 AM
I think she was just upset because she lost.It`s not like Mary insulted her or anything,she just wanted to make sure.I don`t think that`s a good reson to break-up a friendship.