PDA

View Full Version : All things US Open.

lindsayno1
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Too early for Andrew to start the 'Lindsay at the US Open' thread yet.

Possible 4th rounders at present:

13 Alicia Molik
14 Mary Pierce (grrr)
15 Natalie Dechy
16 Vera Zvonareva

If Alicia withdraws, we get Elena Likhovtseva as 16th seed.
Myskina is 12th atm, not sure if and when all her points come off for Montreal, Olympics, Sopot and Montreal, but shes only 45 points behind Alicia. So we could draw her. I cant really see any changes to 13-16 ranks other than that. But dunno what Marys shedule is - but shes not defending too much, so she could surprise! As long as we dont get Kim thou in our half, i will be happy!

Elldee
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:51 AM
If there's no Kim Clijsters and Lindsay's healthy, I have every confidence in her.

lindsayno1
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Its time that we had a top heavy draw seeing as the RG was bottom heavy. And seeing as Lindsay will be no2 seed, thats all good!!!

Ideal draw
Top half:
Masha
Justine
Kim
Vee
etc...

Bottom half:
Lindsay
Serena
Mary
Nastya
Sveta
etc...

4th round: defs Myskina
quarters: defs Mary
Semis: payback time against Sveta please!
finals: defs Vee or Kim 6-0 6-0 :hearts:

Andrew..
Aug 11th, 2005, 04:19 AM
It's QUEEN VEE. Show respect, hater.

lindsayno1
Aug 11th, 2005, 09:57 AM
i dont hate queen vee!!!

RayRob
Aug 11th, 2005, 10:13 AM
i dont hate queen vee!!!

:lol:

i think he was being sarcastic ;)

Well, it would be nice to have a bottom half of the draw like that for Lindsay....especially since Sveta isn't at her best :lol: So i really don't think Lindsay would have too much trouble against her. But somehow, with Sveta's ranking plumeting I would think she might be a more likely candidate for being knocked out before the QF's - but we'll see, she might bring it :haha:

At the moment, there is a close battle between Queen Vee and Princess Serena for the 7th seed spot, not that it will make too much difference except mayboe for the fact that it would deside which half of the draw they go in.....it's safe to say that V&S are likely to be in opposite ends of the draw if they should enter the USO seeded 7 & 8 respectively.

Should be interesting to see how it turns out!

-Rache

PS. Anyone else noticed that you get like v$0.20 for ever post you make? I think you get like v$2 for starting a thread as well, but I haven't tried that ;)

lindsayno1
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:46 AM
oh so THATS what it is?! Maybe too many people lost all their vcash!! ha ha.

Thats stupid, your gonna have even more pointless threads being started in GM, like 'waste a post' or 'hi wanna chat' threads!

Loughyunijen
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Hears hoping that linds gets a nice draw.....how gutted would maria be if she just became World No.1 and then got a top heavy draw.....gotta be gutted and she would be wishing she was world no. 2 again!

One can only wish this happens!

All the luck ever for the draw dav! lets go!

Kelly
Aug 11th, 2005, 01:08 PM
the draw will be rigged.....

lindsayno1
Aug 11th, 2005, 01:17 PM
the draw will be rigged.....

rigged for who? The americans i hope ;)

Maria deserves a shit draw as the no1 seed - lindsays had enough in the last few months!!

Elldee
Aug 11th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I personally think that either Venus or Kim would be the worst possible finalist for Lindsay to face. I realise I'm totally jumping the fun but still. Lindsay has the most problems mentally against these two even if Kim is a bit crazy in slams. Justine's an unknown quantity too.

Andrew..
Aug 11th, 2005, 06:38 PM
4r:

Molik
Myskina
Dechy
Bovina.

Molik is dead, or something.

Myskina sucks.

Dechy sucks.

BeeBee is dead.

Good 4r's.

lindsayno1
Aug 11th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Molik is dead, or something.

lol that made me chuckle

Jan
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Trying to be positive I have started a US Open thread today in the Upcoming Tournaments section. I thought it was time now;)

Elldee
Aug 24th, 2005, 02:29 PM
The draw comes out TODAY!!

lindsayno1
Aug 24th, 2005, 03:58 PM
yeah i no - what time?

foreva lindsay
Aug 24th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Draws out...

r1 Na Li from China

Elldee
Aug 24th, 2005, 06:43 PM
That's actually a tough first round. I've never seen Na Li played but there's a buzz around her. She won't beat Lindsay but she seems to be a pretty talented player.

lindsayno1
Aug 24th, 2005, 09:51 PM
shes injured.

Jan
Aug 25th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Its not as bad as Maria's first round, Danilidou! Linds should be ok:D

Lindsayfan32
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I personally think that either Venus or Kim would be the worst possible finalist for Lindsay to face. I realise I'm totally jumping the fun but still. Lindsay has the most problems mentally against these two even if Kim is a bit crazy in slams. Justine's an unknown quantity too.

Kim crazy in slam finals and I don't believe Venus can beat Lindsay twice in a row so what the problem? :bounce:

Elldee
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Kim crazy in slam finals and I don't believe Venus can beat Lindsay twice in a row so what the problem? :bounce:

What? Like she couldn't beat her twice in a row in 2000? Or during her massive streak against Lindsay?

Anyone who thinks Danilidou can threaten Sharapova has been smoking something.

lindsayno1
Aug 25th, 2005, 10:07 AM
lol its wishful thinking

'oh bravo h'eleni :haha: *remembers eleni match and mr clappy at wimbledon*

RayRob
Aug 25th, 2005, 10:56 PM
lol its wishful thinking

'oh bravo h'eleni :haha: *remembers eleni match and mr clappy at wimbledon*

:lol: yeah - he was an annoying Eleni fan......even when Jennifer Russel (Eleni's doubles partner) won the point he still shouted "Bravo H'eleni!" :haha: ....and Mr Clappy was at B'ham, not Wimbledon ;)

RayRob
Aug 25th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Anyone who thinks Danilidou can threaten Sharapova has been smoking something.

perhaps as lindsayno1 said, it is a bit of wishful thinking but in Eleni's defence she has been known to take out a few seeds in her time. Not only when she was in the top 16 but also lately.....Henin-Hardenne at Wimbledon (although people say, "oh she was injured"....:lol: so was Eleni, she took a medical time out for the problem she has with her shins) then there was Kuzzie the other week.....although I suppose Jelena Dokic could beat her in the form Sveta's in right now.

Also, Eleni almost beat Masha in Birmingham too. She was only one of two players who took Maria to 3 sets there....the other was Jankovic (little Miss up and Down). Eleni always seems to bring her best tennis against the top players but has been forced to since almost every Grand Slam this year, the poor girl has been drawn against a seed! (Aus=Venus, Wimby=JHH and now USO=Masha) but often loses to Lucky Losers or Qualifiers!

Eleni's main weakness is her serve but has been getting a little better of late, but Masha could also have a serving problem if the pect-somthing-or-other is still not 100% which could prove to be a factor.

Already in either this thread or another in the TOP forum is that Maria has trouble against players like Molik due to single-handed backhand slice which stays low and so is difficult for tall players to generate power from those balls. Eleni is a similar player, albeit not as complete (yet).

Having said all that, not quite sure why we're all worried about what Maria is doing...... lol

I guess we'll see in the first couple of days.......I still think that match [Masha vs Daniilidou] and the Schnyder vs Martinez matches are the pick of the first round and am looking forward to watching them! :bounce:

-Rache

GrandSlam05
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:33 AM
I would rather see Lindsay vs. Masha in the final than Linds vs. Kim or Linds vs. Venus.
We might see the 1st 6-0,6-0 grand slam final! :lol:

jacs
Aug 26th, 2005, 08:31 AM
I would rather see Lindsay vs. Masha in the final than Linds vs. Kim or Linds vs. Venus.
We might see the 1st 6-0,6-0 grand slam final! :lol:

I know you're kidding but Steffi beat Natasha Zvereva 6-0 6-0 in an RG final in, like, 16 minutes or something like that.

jacs
Aug 26th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Okay, I checked it out and it's the 88 RG final and it was 34 minutes :eek:

lindsayno1
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:29 AM
OK guys Lindays the first of the evening matches on Arthur Ashe at 7pm USA time. WHich means its unsociable for us brits! Is that midnight our time?

foreva lindsay
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Good Luck tonight Lindsay!!! :bounce:

Andrew..
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Serves you Brits right for making me get up at 4 am to watch Wimbly. I hate that damn place.

Kelly
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:42 PM
instead of us brits and yanks arguing....lets blame the ozzys. that always messes with me more than the us open.

good luck lindsay tonight....i want total domination of this match and no cock ups

Andrew..
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Yes, I agree. Damn Aussies.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:35 PM
12 is nothing, please.

Thats sociable :) yay.

foreva lindsay
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Serves you Brits right for making me get up at 4 am to watch Wimbly. I hate that damn place.

:lol: :bigwave:

*timtams*
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:37 PM
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: BYe bye crap tim, bye bye Crap Greg. Out so soon???? could this just be that you are both CRAP? :bounce: :bounce: :wavey: BYe now. piss off back to england....

on a more happy note... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Lindsay :bounce: :bounce:
xx beckl

lindsayno1
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:39 PM
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: BYe bye crap tim, bye bye Crap Greg. Out so soon???? could this just be that you are both CRAP? :bounce: :bounce: :wavey: BYe now. piss off back to england....

on a more happy note... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Lindsay :bounce: :bounce:
xx beckl

:haha:

lol the aussie open really messed with me. i was ill too... stupid time difference :fiery:

GrandSlam05
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Jacs, maybe they could play a 3rd set just for fun and Linds could beat her
6-0,6-0,6-0 and keep it under 34mins!
At that point I think Yuri and BabyShark would drive off a cliff ala Thelma and Louise. :wavey:

jacs
Aug 31st, 2005, 07:59 AM
Jacs, maybe they could play a 3rd set just for fun and Linds could beat her
6-0,6-0,6-0 and keep it under 34mins!
At that point I think Yuri and BabyShark would drive off a cliff ala Thelma and Louise. :wavey:

yuri - "let's keep going masha."
maria - "COME ON!"

lindsayno1
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:26 AM
Lindsay def Peng 6-4 6-4. Some ugly stuff from Dav. hopefully its still just a bit of rust. Roll on Pauline whatever her name is....

Andrew..
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:41 PM
I didn't think this was that bad, actually.

But, I think that after this match, it is clear that Lindsay is a HATE FILLED RACIST~ when it comes to Asians.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:47 PM
Yes, I agree. Lindsay hates Asians. Li even made a snide "I hope Lindsay wins" remark after the match....we all know she wants her to lose in the next round now. Bitch.

Andrew..
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:51 PM
Lindsay was making fun of NA!. She was making little smug smiles during the match. I hope the WTA fines her. It's almost as bad as giving NA! the HAND~~!!!11

!<blocparty>!
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:13 PM
I don't think I'm going to far in saying she should have with disqualified. CHEAT. RACIST.

GrandSlam05
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:34 PM
I know. Lindsay's an awful hater.
She made a 'meow' sound at the beginning of the match to insinuate that Li Na eats cats!
Then after Li hit a winner Lindsay pulled the corner of her eyes out to make 'slant eyes'.
She is clearly a racist. This reminds me of when Nancy Kerrigan was on the podium with Oksana Baiul and said, "you may have the gold medal, but at least I have parents!"
Lindsay should be banned from the WTA and sentenced to work in a chinese buffet for the rest of her life!

!<blocparty>!
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:35 PM
Don't be silly. Lindsay hater. Get out.

lindsayno1
Aug 31st, 2005, 05:22 PM
huuuuuuuuh? am i missing sommats?!

lindsayno1
Aug 31st, 2005, 05:22 PM
u mad jokers!

foreva lindsay
Aug 31st, 2005, 06:31 PM
Lindsay should be banned from the WTA and sentenced to work in a chinese buffet for the rest of her life!

:haha: :haha:

foreva lindsay
Aug 31st, 2005, 06:32 PM
Well Done Lindsay :banana: ya gotta improve though

Kelly
Aug 31st, 2005, 07:25 PM
well done lindsay....1 down..6 to go!

Lindsayfan32
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:55 PM
If anyone wants to read Lindsay first round interview transcript it is on usopen.org under day 3 interviews. I have no idea why but its there. :bounce:

lindsayno1
Sep 1st, 2005, 09:04 AM
2nd on AA today... wohoo for us brits! we dont have to stay up til 2am tonight!

Loughyunijen
Sep 1st, 2005, 09:28 AM
what time abouts will lindsay be playing??? about 6.30pm ish (Uk time) ?????

Nikki
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:23 AM
I think it will be about 6.30pm

lindsayno1
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:24 AM
unless justines hammering is fast...

RayRob
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:53 PM
:bigcry: Alright for all of you, but I'll be at work. :sad:

I'll get updates though ;) And I have next week off too! so I will see all the matches :bounce:

-Rache

lindsayno1
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:01 PM
:bigcry: Alright for all of you, but I'll be at work. :sad:

I'll get updates though ;) And I have next week off too! so I will see all the matches :bounce:

-Rache

ha ha, we got this thing going now with the texting if we're workin eh! ;)

Nikki
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:03 PM
I would imagine that she will be on court about 5.30 as Justine seems to be crusing through.

I'm fortunate to be off work tonight & I am off all of next week so hopefully Lindsay will still be in the draw:)

joaco
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:17 PM
Lindsay won 6-1, 6-1!!! :banana: Way to go! Anyone saw how she played?

Joaco

LethalLindsay
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:38 PM
Let's be REAL careful what we say about Aussies you sad yanks and whiny pommies! LOL!

LethalLindsay
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:40 PM
Lindsay won 6-1, 6-1!!! :banana: Way to go! Anyone saw how she played?

Joaco
She was striking the ball VERY cleanly. All things ahead full steam for now!

Loughyunijen
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:39 PM
well done linds..........round 3 here we come!

LindsayRulz
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:13 PM
Good job Lindsay!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Robbie.
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:56 PM
Medina is a bit of a challenge next up...Lindsay should be up to it :bounce:

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:09 AM
:cat:

Andrew..
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:22 AM
Yay for bonus points. The draw is probably the best she could get, plus gives quite good bonus points if Alyona doesn't screw up.

foreva lindsay
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:51 AM
Great win Lindsay...:D

RayRob
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:59 PM
Well, good win for Lindsay - except i didn't see it....thanks to lindsayno1 for updates ;)

I set the tape to record Lindsay's match from about 6.15pm and there was a mens match on :eek: "who are these, where;s Lindsay!?" so I fast forwarded the tape and eneded up with Agassi, which was the match after Lindsay so I guess Sky Sports chose not to show Lindsay on their main feed :shrug: Oh well, I missed that one then!

WELL DONE LINDSAY :banana:

-Rache

Loughyunijen
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
If you havent already read these.....well worth a read! Lindsay is so funny!

L. DAVENPORT/N. Li

6‑4, 6‑4

An interview with:

LINDSAY DAVENPORT

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Lindsay.

Q. Looked kind of tough out there.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, it was a good match. I was expecting a tough match from her. I'd heard some good things about her. I didn't feel like I was at my sharpest in tennis, but really happy to go out there, win the match and get to move on.

Q. After a few match points come and go, she seemed to play her best at those points. Did you start getting a little antsy about it, time to close it up?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: For sure. You always want to get the match over with as fast as you possibly can. When some opportunities go by, that probably makes it more frustrating. But I got to say, she did play some great shots. At the end, you know, the last couple games, were really close. I had I felt like a lot of opportunities to go up in the second set two breaks and just wasn't quite able to put another good return game together. Because of that, it ended up to be a really close set.

Q. Are you at all surprised that you're even here, considering the summer you went through?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: You know, it never crossed my mind that I wouldn't be able to play here. It didn't cross my mind that I would miss all the tournaments in California either. It was kind of a wake‑up call in Stanford when I was, you know ‑‑ everyone had to sit me down and say, "You can't play, you can't move, you can't rotate." That was a setback for a few weeks. Really set my goal on trying to be ready for here no matter what that meant in tournaments before here. Luckily I was able to play last week. But I still feel like I'm still kind of trying to get back into my groove of playing well and being consistent and being on my toes. I'm happy I'm here. I'm grateful I'm here. Hopefully I can make the best of it.

Q. What had you heard about her game before the match tonight?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I heard that she had good groundstrokes. She actually hit with some more spin than some of the other Chinese girls. She had a really good backhand. I didn't realize her backhand, she got it off the court quite well. I wasn't really expecting that. And that she moved well and was pretty strong player, like to hit the ball pretty hard.

Q. You said you've been enjoying tennis more lately. Can you elaborate on what you meant?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I'm enjoying the challenge of everything that's come my way in the last 18 months or so. It's been really fun and really rewarding to get back to the top and be back into contending, being just right up there with the best again. Because for about a year or two, I felt like I had moved away from that. So that makes it more fun obviously when you're doing well. I think that I've learned just to kind of embrace everything again and not think that everything is so important, I guess, have some really great people that I work with now and really enjoy that again. I know that it's not forever.

Q. Which came first, moving back into that form that you felt you lost or enjoyment?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It probably came together. You know, all of a sudden last summer I started to do well. I think when you start to do well and get your confidence back, everything becomes more fun. When you're playing with not your full capacity of confidence, I think things get a little tough. I knew I could be doing better than what I was doing. Even though I was ranked 5 or 4 or whatever it was, I wanted to get back to the level I thought I could play at.

Q. Aside from your back, is this as good as you felt going into a tournament in a while? Sort of assess that.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I feel as good as I possibly could feel. I think it was a tough summer in the fact that I didn't get to train the way I would prefer to train. I didn't get to hit as many balls or compete as much as I would like to. But to come in here and be able to play and not have anything majorly wrong with me is a huge bonus. I know that my tennis can come back to me the more I play, the more I'm out here, the more I'm competing. I've done a lot of hard work over two years, so I'm hopeful that that will sustain me even though I maybe haven't done as much as I would like. Just the excitement of being back here. I mean, each year I've left the last two years, it's always been in the back of my mind, "Oh, gosh, I wonder if that was it." It's fun to come back here and try to make some more good memories.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

Loughyunijen
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:54 PM
Gotta love the sarcasm and witt......pure genuis!

L. DAVENPORT/P. Parmentier

6‑1, 6‑1

An interview with:

LINDSAY DAVENPORT

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Lindsay, please.

Q. Guess you're pretty happy with the way you're striking the ball out there?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I felt like today I played a lot better. It's been really tricky with the wind. I read something Maria said that you actually can't tell when you watch on TV. It's really true. You get down there and it's much stronger wind than you thought it was going to be. But the other night I just felt like I was just a second or two off in my reactions and striking the ball perfectly, but thought I played a good player. Today I felt like I stepped it up a little bit better, was a little bit more consistent and was in control of the points more.

Q. How much scouting do you do with a player like that that you don't know much about?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Didn't know her, and we played at the same time the other night. So by the time we got out there, I think it was just one game. So wasn't a lot we could do. I mean, you know, obviously I'm not here during qualifying to watch that either. But, you know, if I don't know anything about someone and we're not able to see them play, obviously I just got to take into account my own game and know that I have hopefully a set to try and figure out their game.

Q. We're seeing a series of events or matches on the women's side in which the leading seeds are winning with consummate ease. It almost makes you think that 128 players is too many for this tournament; that it would be more watchable and compelling if it was at that bar. What do you think?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I don't know, I guess you could argue that. That changed drastically when they started seeding 32 a few years ago. You used to have a lot more unknown or really tough battles in the first few rounds because obviously you had a chance to play someone ranked 17 through 32. I think that took away a lot of it, especially on the women's side. While we are getting more depth, if you go outside the Top 40 or 50, there's not tons and tons of girls that are really challenging the top players. There might be a few, but that's the way it goes. But on the men's side, obviously, you have some upsets still here once in a while. And, you know, hopefully women's tennis will get there to where there's a lot of depth through 1 through 100.

Q. I think your point is well made. I've always felt that seeding 32 players is a sellout to television; they want to protect the ranking star so they'll be around for the final couple of days. What do you feel about that?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I remember when they were voting on it and I said, "Are you sure that the lower ranked players want this, because obviously it's great for us. And I, you know, will vote," and I was on the Board at that time, "what my constituents want, but are we sure everyone is on board?" Obviously, players 17 through 32 wanted that as well. Top players wanted it. The lower players didn't say anything. So I always thought that that was to the top players' advantage and was surprised that it got passed with such ease all those years ago.

Q. Of course with a 64 draw, you play one fewer match, though.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No, I mean, from what I know, they keep trying to lengthen the Grand Slams, adding days and adding stuff. I doubt they're going to take away a match. Then we'd have three and four days off sometimes. But, you know, it gives an opportunity to a lot of other girls that get a chance to play in the main draw that wouldn't otherwise get a chance to play on the main tour sometimes. Maybe it gives them the chance for more wildcards. And, you know, it's always been like that. Obviously, tennis is slow to change that.

Q. Can you give us a back update.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, it's been really good. I haven't had any problem since I came back the second time this summer, and, you know, it hasn't really been an issue too much. I mean, I obviously get therapy every day, but nothing's gone wrong with it to make me think that it won't stay good. But you obviously never know. I mean, every other day helps quite a bit as well, knowing that I now have almost probably 48 hours before I play again. You know, it's obviously much tougher when you've got back‑to‑back‑to‑back matches.

Q. When it seizes up on you, generally you don't get a warning?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: That's what has been happening. It only happened about three, four times maybe, starting at Wimbledon. So I haven't had a warning, but I don't want to think like that (laughing).

Q. Being the worldly person you are, you're probably aware that the ATP is planning to reduce doubles, a radical scoring change. You played a fair amount of doubles in your career, obviously not as much anymore. If the WTA ‑ they're not ‑ but if they were considering that kind of a scoring change, no ad, tiebreaks at 5‑5, they're now saying 5‑5, how would you feel about that?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It's tough. I mean, in pretty much every rule change we make on our tour, it's pretty much following what the men do. So we always get to see how their experiments work out It's tough. It definitely doesn't favor the better team. I think the longer you can play and the more deuces and the longer games you have to play, the better team a lot of times will find a way to win. We'll see how the fans react and how the players like it. But it will be a change, especially when singles is played so differently.

Q. Speaking of men, it seems every couple of years going back to Pat Cash and Vitas Geralitis, there's controversy back and forth, comments men are making against the women's tour. Why do you think there's a brouhaha?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I think we're one sport that's so closely intertwined. I mean, we're one of the few sports that men and women compete at the same venues, we get equal prize money at some venues, we share courts, we share weights and weight rooms, all of that. Obviously when you have people that are working that closely, you're going to get compared either way. You know, they, obviously, seem to focus on us and make comments more than we make about them. But, I don't know, maybe it's flattery deep down. I'm just kidding (laughing) I don't know. I mean, you'd have to ask them why they feel the need to bring it up.

Q. Do you think there's a kind of jealousy, in a way?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No, I was totally being sarcastic (smiling).

Q. Justin did follow up and he said he didn't understand the position that you took that men are preoccupied with the appearance of women. Any comments about that?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I mean, the funny thing is he's one of my closest friends. We've been on vacation like four times in the last two years together, we practice together. He knows the different stances that we all take. We obviously have conversations about it. His quote to me was that all men are like him; he just expresses it. I said I have higher hope for men than that (laughing). I don't believe that they're all that bad. So, you know, it's just a philosophical difference, but it wasn't really, you know ‑‑ we believe different things, that's all.

Q. His position was that all men are naturally drawn to beautiful women.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: All men are like what he said in the article. And I said, "You can't really represent all men." He said "I do." So then I just said okay, walked away (smiling).

Q. We're asking you for all kinds of wisdom. You're talking about your sore back. How much do you actually feel like you're old, or do you have a better word for that?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Feel like I'm what?

Q. Feel like you're old, getting older.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I think that's always been the case. People like to ask me questions that maybe don't really relate specifically to certain matches or certain things. I don't think that's changed in a few years. But, I mean, definitely when they said I played ‑‑ this is my 15th US Open, it makes you think I can't believe, I don't think I can count all 15. No, there's no question I'm one of the veterans on tour. I like to think I'm still in my 20s, which I am. I'm not quite over the hill yet. No, I mean, obviously I've been around for a long time and seen a lot of things.

Q. Some of the women you're playing against were two, three, four years old when you first started playing here. The younger generation, is there something distinctive that you can say that marks their generation?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I think they're all so good. I said this earlier in the year, I played Vaidisova ‑ I think I say it wrong ‑ in Australia, and I played Karatantcheva in Indian Wells, I feel like I've played all the young ones. I played another Russian, Kutuzova. I think that they're all so good. I think Vaidisova is a great player. I think for her age, compared to the others, she's going to be an excellent player. She's got a lot of skill. They all hit the ball extremely well for that age.

Q. Do you ever hear Karatantcheva, Sesil in the locker room? Apparently she's one of the louder talkers.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I get along with her well. We practiced together a few times. I think she's great. I don't know her extremely well off court, but I have practiced with her and talked to her. I think she's fun, I think she's young, and I think she's honest.

Q. We're all gathered here for this wonderful event to see who can hit a tennis ball, but obviously our country is suffering a serious disaster now. Any thoughts about that?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It's funny, you feel so removed. It's the same country, yet it seems like everyone here is obviously concentrating on the tennis. All you have to do is turn on CNN to see exactly the horrors that are there. It's funny, you think like once the storm was over and maybe they were out of danger's way, and it gets worse and worse every day that you watch it on TV. It's truly amazing that, you know, the worst natural disaster that's probably ever hit our country has hit right now, and yet you do feel so removed from it. So, obviously, what those people are going through, you can't compare. You just hope that sooner or later that they're able to, you know, get the city running a little bit better and get some water and get some ‑‑ rescue some more people.

Q. Any plans to donate? Serena is doing her aces or double‑faults.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I donate lots to charity. I don't necessarily tell everybody the number or what I do.

Q. You talk about wanting to be a mother. Can you imagine being a mother on tour?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Never. I'd get ‑‑ my husband would divorce me (laughing). If I'm like, "Oh, let's have a baby. Oh, I'm going to take the baby and travel, see ya," that wouldn't go over so well. I couldn't imagine trying to balance that. It's impossible. I feel like personally for me that when I make that decision, you know, with my husband, to have a child, that that will be the devotion of my life.

Q. Do you see yourself doing anything, you know, five, ten years down the line other than being a mother? Will you go back to tennis?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Probably eventually. I had to agree that I won't be going anywhere for a couple years when I'm done playing. And then, you know, we'll see what kind of road my life takes and where exactly I've ‑‑ what I feel interested in doing and, you know, how the home life is going and what I feel like doing. It's interesting. I've got hopefully a few years to figure that out and see what happens.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...

lindsayno1
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:41 PM
lol yeah i saw that. was wetting myself! *not literally ;)*

Kelly
Sep 2nd, 2005, 06:31 PM
don't lie :kiss:

great match by lindsay...didnt have to do too much and the serve was hot!

lindsayno1
Sep 2nd, 2005, 06:41 PM
don't lie :kiss:

great match by lindsay...didnt have to do too much and the serve was hot!

the second serve,,,,the second serve!!! lol.

foreva lindsay
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Good Luck tonight Lindsay!!

RayRob
Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:11 PM
:bigcry: I don't get to see the match - why!? you ask - I don't get Sky Sports Xtra! :sad: If i want that, it's an extra 7 on top of 14.50 I pay for SS2 and SS3! Why have they changed it? US Open used to air only on SS2 and/or 3 now both weekends it's on SS Xtra which I don't get! So, unless BBC broadcast the US open final live (which I doubt) then I won't be watching anything other than during the week.....I've sent a complaining email to Sky Sports complaining about their channel hopping schedule - not that they'll care less!

They've lost a subscriber now because after USO there's no point in having Sky Sports since Fed Cup is also on Xtra.

So, as you can tell I've had a fairly miserable weekend!!!! This annoying factor on top of other things.....

....oh well :shrug: c'est la vie - but Lindsay better win ;)

-Rache

Loughyunijen
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:11 AM
:bigcry: I don't get to see the match - why!? you ask - I don't get Sky Sports Xtra! :sad: If i want that, it's an extra 7 on top of 14.50 I pay for SS2 and SS3! Why have they changed it? US Open used to air only on SS2 and/or 3 now both weekends it's on SS Xtra which I don't get! So, unless BBC broadcast the US open final live (which I doubt) then I won't be watching anything other than during the week.....I've sent a complaining email to Sky Sports complaining about their channel hopping schedule - not that they'll care less!

They've lost a subscriber now because after USO there's no point in having Sky Sports since Fed Cup is also on Xtra.

So, as you can tell I've had a fairly miserable weekend!!!! This annoying factor on top of other things.....

....oh well :shrug: c'est la vie - but Lindsay better win ;)

-Rache

Hey mate...not all may be lost.....I didnt have sky sports extra last year either, so couldnt watch the USO tennis on the first weekend...however I definately watched the finals of both men and woman on sky sports 2. So hopefully it will be the same this year. I have a feeling the USO was moved to sky sports extra today/tomorrow due to the football (world cup quali's) and the big golf tourny on...but they both finish tomorrow so hopefully it will all switch back!

Fingers crossed for you matey! :)

:wavey:

bis2806
Sep 4th, 2005, 02:52 AM
I don't get why Bloc_Party's signature says that Lindsay is the #1 Asian hater???

lindsayno1
Sep 4th, 2005, 09:33 AM
that match last night was ugly. way to many UE's!!!

Loughyunijen
Sep 4th, 2005, 01:46 PM
This doesnt sound promising guys! :S

Quote Lindsay:

Asked about the condition of her back, she said, "I was really concerned yesterday but it felt really great playing today." She went on to say, "I did all the tests you can do, MRIs, CAT scans, and there's nothing structurally wrong, but something just happens to make my muscles spasm."

God i hope the back holds up, especially in the last week......though this is Lindsay's 3rd week in a row!

Please back.........BE GOOD!!!!!!!!!

lindsayno1
Sep 4th, 2005, 01:58 PM
where was that from?!

RayRob
Sep 4th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Hey mate...not all may be lost.....I didnt have sky sports extra last year either, so couldnt watch the USO tennis on the first weekend...however I definately watched the finals of both men and woman on sky sports 2. So hopefully it will be the same this year. I have a feeling the USO was moved to sky sports extra today/tomorrow due to the football (world cup quali's) and the big golf tourny on...but they both finish tomorrow so hopefully it will all switch back!

Fingers crossed for you matey! :)

Hi, I checked the Sky Sports schedule for the weekend after too and both finals are on SS Xtra including AND the ladies semi's. In fact, I'm impressed that Sky Sports responded to my complaint so quickly but their response was pathetic to say the least! I asked why they chose to show some tennis during the week on SS2 then changed over to SSX for the two weekends and they never even answered that question. instead I got, "Sky Sports prides them selves on showing a diverse range of live sports...blah blah blah, yack yack yack....." never really answered the question as to why they did that. Then had the ordasity to say, "I sincerly hope you remain a customer" and I'm thinking why the heck should I!? I pay to watch the tennis and don't get it - do they think I'm loopy!?

What's worse is, mums scrapping NTL digital and having this "free sat" where you have a sky dish & set top box to get all the free channels but Eurosport isn't one of them. So not only have I got to do without USO, but also all things tennis outside of wimbledon! :bigcry:

LOL, might not be any point to me sticking around after that since I won't know what the heck everyone is talking about......plus we'll probably be without internet for a long while too! :mad:

I really am having a bad weekend - the amount of bad stuff I've heard about is unreal! The only great news of the weekend is Lindsay won her match :woohoo: though from the sounds of it, she didn't play too good in the match - either way, a wins a win and I really hope her back will be fine.

Go Lindsay! :bounce:

-Rache

foreva lindsay
Sep 4th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Good win last night Lindsay!!!

Loughyunijen
Sep 4th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Hi, I checked the Sky Sports schedule for the weekend after too and both finals are on SS Xtra including AND the ladies semi's. In fact, I'm impressed that Sky Sports responded to my complaint so quickly but their response was pathetic to say the least! I asked why they chose to show some tennis during the week on SS2 then changed over to SSX for the two weekends and they never even answered that question. instead I got, "Sky Sports prides them selves on showing a diverse range of live sports...blah blah blah, yack yack yack....." never really answered the question as to why they did that. Then had the ordasity to say, "I sincerly hope you remain a customer" and I'm thinking why the heck should I!? I pay to watch the tennis and don't get it - do they think I'm loopy!?

What's worse is, mums scrapping NTL digital and having this "free sat" where you have a sky dish & set top box to get all the free channels but Eurosport isn't one of them. So not only have I got to do without USO, but also all things tennis outside of wimbledon! :bigcry:

LOL, might not be any point to me sticking around after that since I won't know what the heck everyone is talking about......plus we'll probably be without internet for a long while too! :mad:

I really am having a bad weekend - the amount of bad stuff I've heard about is unreal! The only great news of the weekend is Lindsay won her match :woohoo: though from the sounds of it, she didn't play too good in the match - either way, a wins a win and I really hope her back will be fine.

Go Lindsay! :bounce:

-Rache

Awwwwww Im sorry you are having such a bad weekend - that sucks. I too am surprized that Sky got back to you so quick - although they did not answer your question! If I were you I may even email them again asking if they could answer your original question.

It really is very disheartening if you have paid extra money to watch a sports event and then they change channels. That is extremely annoying and a little unethical......there was a time ( imean im going back 10 years now) wen the USO was just on sky sports 1....cause thats all the channels hey had....and now they have 2, 3, and extra! Its just another way to rip people off and get them to pay for more channels! :mad: bad sky!

Well dont worry dear....they'll be many updates on the USO website/interviews/audio's and im sure we can tape the matches for you and send them over :) And it I think as you said that the USo is on SS2 Mon-Thurs, so should see Lindsay's R16, quaters and semi's.......we'll figure out the final when and if she makes it!

I hope you feel a little better soon, and I hope you have some better news/luck soon...i'm sure you will! IfI have a blue day....a cheeky pint inmy village pub with a few buddies always go's down well! :)

Jen :wavey:

Andrew..
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:16 PM
I kind of want to bypass the US Open, and just whore up those Asian tourneys.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:20 PM
It's going to be a Vee Linds final now, with Vee winning.

Andrew..
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:22 PM
I doubt that Lindsay will beat Christine, but that's looking too far ahead.

And I also doubt that Venus beats Kim.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:31 PM
I think Venus will beat Kim here. Both have played like shite for short periods so far.

Lindsay will probably get injured against somone though.

Andrew..
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:38 PM
I think Venus will beat Kim here. Both have played like shite for short periods so far.

Lindsay will probably get injured against somone though.
Maybe. You can never tell with either one of them.

Lindsay just doesn't look in it to me... Kind of like she looked in Australia. Though there, she wasn't playing someone like Henin-Hardenne. I think there are alot of mental issues there, still. And Chrissy has the kind of game to drive Lindsay nuts anyway.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Lindsay doesn't look as impressive as she did @ Wimbledon. However, she has come in having beaten Amelie and Dani, both of whom she owns but still. Theres still time to play herself in. She's got another couple of rounds to get into top gear.

Kelly
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:45 PM
well im hoping mary takes out christine lol

Andrew..
Sep 5th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Mary will hold it close for a set, and then probably die in the second set. 7-6 6-1 looks good.

thelittlestelf
Sep 5th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Lmao, Christine?

Andrew..
Sep 5th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Yes, Christine Henin-Hardenne. 2003 US Open Champion.

thelittlestelf
Sep 5th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Oh, my mistake ;)

Ty-Ty
Sep 5th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Justine hasn't been playing too well, either.

And Justine's serving is just dead. It's completley croaked.

lindsayno1
Sep 5th, 2005, 10:02 AM
justine made me laugh the way she hit the ball before it even came over her side of the net. mary looks good, if she can beat it up she can take out christine. im putting v cash on her

but yes i do agree with the statement that shes playing like she did in aussie. she needs to step it up. hopefully natalie will do some good for her

Elldee
Sep 5th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I'm baaaack! I haven't seen any of Lindsay's previous matches but I don't like all this negativity!

lindsayno1
Sep 5th, 2005, 12:40 PM
did u see the dav?

Andrew..
Sep 5th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Okay, apparently none of you understand Henin-Hardenne's game. She blows at the beginning of almost all events. Once she gets into the later rounds, she finds a way to win. That's why she's so dangerous.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 5th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Like, in Canada?

Loughyunijen
Sep 5th, 2005, 04:31 PM
5-0 dav............c'mon!

Andrew..
Sep 5th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Toronto wasn't showing anybody's level. The conditions there were God awful. All Toronto showed was how players coped with wind. It didn't say anything about their games. The wind made that final almost unplayable.

Loughyunijen
Sep 5th, 2005, 04:37 PM
1st set bagel to Dav......c'mon!

Dechy getting blown away!

!<blocparty>!
Sep 5th, 2005, 04:42 PM
OK, blame the wind. Justine had won like 4 titles on clay and had plenty of match practice.(before the French) She's made one final of a HC event against weak opposition and lost first round of Wimbledon. She's not really close to her 2003 HC form, imo.

Anyway, Linds is playing number 1 tennis right now. Like 5/6 aces, NO doubles and 15 + winners and less than 5 errors. Loves it.

Andrew..
Sep 5th, 2005, 05:06 PM
And she's broken serving for the match. I don't care if she's up 6-0 5-0. Getting broken when serving for the match is an issue. It might not mean much against Dechy, but it means alot when it happens against Venus, Christine, etc.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 5th, 2005, 05:18 PM
It's not that big of an issue, really. Nathalie was playing great tennis at the end for a couple of games. It wasn't like Linds totally went off.

Unlike Justine and Venus who almost collapsed. Vee serving at like 5-4 and Justine 6-0 3-0 up :tape:

RayRob
Sep 5th, 2005, 05:28 PM
And she's broken serving for the match. I don't care if she's up 6-0 5-0. Getting broken when serving for the match is an issue. It might not mean much against Dechy, but it means a lot when it happens against Venus, Christine, etc.

Oh my goodness, I'm not sure anything Lindsay does makes you happy in the least!

So she lost her service game serving for the match - oh what a huge catastrophe! Dechy picked up her game a little and hit a few great returns, it wasn't like it was errors from Lindsay that gave Dechy that match.

I watched it all and thought that 99.9% of the time Lindsay was showing pure genius! I think she won 100% (or close to) of her points at the net - and that first half volley pick-up/drop shot early in the match was a stroke of pure genius!

A couple of you have been complaining about how poorly Lindsay has been playing some of her early round matches in comparison to how she usually handles them, then when she comes out and plays near-perfect tennis against a good player she usually has trouble with, again you still complain.

Lindsay showed today why she is a contender for the title and why ultimately she is number 1. I haven't seen her play such a great match like today in quite a while, so I'm here to give her her due!

A great match well won!

Go Lindsay :bounce:

-Rache

lindsayno1
Sep 5th, 2005, 05:35 PM
WOW! Awesome match!!! Lindsay has finally arrived at Flushing Meadows.

lol she probs lost her serve going through the motions... dechy stepped it up all of a sudden. Im a lot more confident today!!! AND we got a fist pump from Dav! We dont usually get them til at least the semis!!!

Well im happy.... Andrew you are too negative.

lindsayno1
Sep 5th, 2005, 06:09 PM
THE pic of the tourney so far

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050905/capt.xnyf10809051650.us_open_xnyf108.jpg

king416
Sep 5th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Lindsay was stone cold awesome today, the serve was working really well, and i even found her movement quite impressive at times and the groundies were just punishing, mainly very deep and powerful. Take the title Lindsay! :)

Ty-Ty
Sep 5th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I think if Lindsay plays like she did today, she'll beat Justine. Serve extremley well and followup on some big groundies at the net. But if Justine serves the way she has, Lindsay won't even need to have her A return game on.

How Justine plays tonight against Mary will hopefully set the mark of how she'll play against Lindsay.

And the only tournament I saw her win getting better as the tournament progessed was the French. Although, I've only been watching her since March. So, I don't know ...

lindsayno1
Sep 5th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Who the HELL was the woman commentating?! I thought it was Tracey Austin, but it wasnt.... she was annoying the hell out of me! I was like 'SHUT UP ALREADY!' she was retelling lindsays whole life story and talking about vee and ree and blah blah blah every available moment!!! i was like WHO CARES!!!

Lindsayfan32
Sep 5th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Who the HELL was the woman commentating?! I thought it was Tracey Austin, but it wasnt.... she was annoying the hell out of me! I was like 'SHUT UP ALREADY!' she was retelling lindsays whole life story and talking about vee and ree and blah blah blah every available moment!!! i was like WHO CARES!!!

At least you have commintators to bitch about. All I've been able to do is follow it on the net. At least if Lindsay makes the semi which she should. I will be able to watch it then. :bounce:

chewy
Sep 5th, 2005, 07:13 PM
THE pic of the tourney so far

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050905/capt.xnyf10809051650.us_open_xnyf108.jpg

:hatoff: to lindsay! play a beautiful game. hope i can see this match if i get d chance.

btw, thz for d pic. n does a thread specially made for Dav's fist pump pics sounds like gd idea? :p

chewy
Sep 5th, 2005, 07:17 PM
At least you have commintators to bitch about. All I've been able to do is follow it on the net. At least if Lindsay makes the semi which she should. I will be able to watch it then. :bounce:

same here.
im looking forward to semi's. fingers crossed.

lindsayno1
Sep 5th, 2005, 08:01 PM
:hatoff: to lindsay! play a beautiful game. hope i can see this match if i get d chance.

btw, thz for d pic. n does a thread specially made for Dav's fist pump pics sounds like gd idea? :p

No! cos she fistpumps like once in a blue moon!

Elldee
Sep 5th, 2005, 10:27 PM
The woman was Elise Bergin... I quite like her but purely because she commentated on my fave Lindsay match vs Venus last year at the Open in the round of 16.

Andrew..
Sep 5th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Sorry about my comments earlier. I was quite cranky at the time.

After rewatching the match, it was indeed a solid performance. So, that's a good thing. I also enjoed the interview quite a bit. It really sounded like she wanted it again.

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Mary took out Justine (well, Christine to some). Hooray!

LindsayRocks89
Sep 6th, 2005, 02:41 AM
mary taking out christine is a very good thing. unless mary is playing on fire like in san diego, would she be able to beat Lindsay?? i have no idea how mary is playing.

Irish
Sep 6th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Congratulations Lindsay on your win over Nathalie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Win the title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Andrew..
Sep 6th, 2005, 02:52 AM
mary taking out christine is a very good thing. unless mary is playing on fire like in san diego, would she be able to beat Lindsay?? i have no idea how mary is playing.
Play like she did at RG, and absolutely.

I'm really suprised by this. Chrissy always finds some way to raise her level. Oh well. In the long run, this is way better for Lindsay.

Ty-Ty
Sep 6th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Ugh. I hope Ameile beats Mary.

Ty-Ty
Sep 6th, 2005, 03:35 AM
``I play her so many times,'' Dementieva said of Davenport. ``I remember my first time playing in New York in Madison Square Garden, first round. When I saw the draw, I was almost like crying. I said, `Ma, I want to go home.'''

Poor Dementieva. She has to take another beat down at the hands of Lindsay. ;)

jacs
Sep 6th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Really surprised by Mary's win. But I'm really happy about Lindsay's performance.

:)

chewy
Sep 6th, 2005, 07:23 AM
No! cos she fistpumps like once in a blue moon!

haha, they r rare indeed, almost like collectable items.
anyway i'll just post em in d pic thread instead.

lindsayno1
Sep 6th, 2005, 07:53 AM
i knew mary wud win!!! woooo

RayRob
Sep 6th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Sorry about my comments earlier. I was quite cranky at the time.

After rewatching the match, it was indeed a solid performance. So, that's a good thing. I also enjoed the interview quite a bit. It really sounded like she wanted it again.

Hey, no problem Andy - we all have our cranky moments.....I had a bit of one with a MAria fan the other day, but we sorted it out ;)

-Rache

Robbie.
Sep 6th, 2005, 12:32 PM
All matches from here on in are pretty scary :scared:

Lindsay seemed to find her range against Dechy, usually when this happens she doesn't go off the boil again for the tournament. In Australia and at Roland Garros she never got into her groove, she was in her groove from Day 1 at Wimbledon and hopefully she is in her groove now.

Lindsay' play against Dechy was championship winning form, but something always goes wrong :sad: I hope her body holds together *crosses fingers*

Loughyunijen
Sep 6th, 2005, 01:36 PM
lindsay should reach the final.......ohhhh its soooooo exciting! go dav!

Loughyunijen
Sep 6th, 2005, 01:57 PM
ok ok ok ok....

When is Lindsay playing next?? Is it wednesday or today?

And if she is playing wendnesday....i think SS2 is putting footy on at 7pm so does that mean we miss dav's quater final?

And are the semis on thursday or Friday???

Im soooooooooooooooooooo Excited I really think Dav has a great chance here, especially with justine out! how funny!

Kelly
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:22 PM
lindsay should play tomorrow (wednesday).....is SS2 is showing footy check SS Xtra for the tennis coverage.

i wanna know when the semis are so i can figure out if i am working or not lol.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Semi's are Thursday, I think.

foreva lindsay
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:42 PM
great win over the bore lindsay :woohoo:

Loughyunijen
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:45 PM
This is sooooo much fun!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaav's goooooooona wiiiiiiiiiin.....daaaaaaaaaaaaaav's gooooooooona wiiiiiiiiiin!

Im Hoping that Lindsay is scheduled for a night match so that she gets the atmosphere and crowd behind her!

Plus dav has to win as I have 100 on her to win at odds of 20-1......arh betting right after she lost at RG.....too good to be true!

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:51 PM
mary taking out christine is a very good thing. unless mary is playing on fire like in san diego, would she be able to beat Lindsay?? i have no idea how mary is playing.Mary can beat anyone on any given day, which is pretty scary.

jacs
Sep 6th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Stop jinxing Lindsay guys! :p

:lol: J/k

lindsayno1
Sep 6th, 2005, 05:46 PM
i dont believe in jinxing

Elldee
Sep 6th, 2005, 06:49 PM
The semis play on Friday... at least they did last year.

The one thing that excites me about Lindsay playing Mary, although Elena is dangerous [and first] is that she does seem to choke a bit in that she won't return serves or she'll make errors after a couple of strokes.

This once again is a nice road to the final but Venus, in my opinion, will be lurking on the other side of the net come Saturday.

Lindsay really does want this, Andrew, in response to your comments about her playing like she did in Australia and against Dechy she really rescued her campaign in raising her level higher and it looks promising as she's yet to lose a set [this tournement or in new haven] and is cutting down on her practice time which I think is the right decision too.

bigshow21
Sep 7th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Hi!! :wavey:

Well, I got back from the USO on Monday and I have some really good Lindsay pics for everyone on here. I saw Lindsay everyday that I was there. She was very nice and practiced extremely hard. She signed quite a few autographs too. The one thing I noticed about Lindsay is that she hits the guts out of the ball. I've never seen anyone hit it as hard as here. Another thing I noticed is that she just goes out and starts hitting. All the other players stretch, jog, jump rope, etc....but Lindsay doesn't need to. With the way she hits the ball, it's a good thing the other players condition there bodies to be ready to run. Well, here are my Lindsay pics. Good luck to Lindsay!! :) :bounce:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/bigshow21/USO%2005/cutecouplelindsay.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/bigshow21/USO%2005/davenport.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/bigshow21/USO%2005/lindscoach-husband.jpg

bigshow21
Sep 7th, 2005, 03:05 AM
some more:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/bigshow21/USO%2005/lindsay.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/bigshow21/USO%2005/lindsaycellphone.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/bigshow21/USO%2005/lindsaysigning.jpg

bigshow21
Sep 7th, 2005, 03:08 AM
and some more ;) :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/bigshow21/USO%2005/lindspractice.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/bigshow21/USO%2005/closeuplindsay.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/bigshow21/USO%2005/lindsayclose.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/bigshow21/USO%2005/lindsaydavenport.jpg

Those are the last pics. Hope you enjoy!! :p :wavey:

thelittlestelf
Sep 7th, 2005, 03:30 AM
Thanks for those Bigshow! :)

Andrew..
Sep 7th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Lindsay with her cell phone. What a global girl. Like NIKI.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 7th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Great pics I like to see pics other than match pics which make Lindsay look like she isn't ugly in some cases.
:wavey: :bounce:

bigshow21
Sep 7th, 2005, 03:50 AM
I have a question:

Is that guy in those first pics Lindsay's husband, coach, both, or neither? I thought it was her husband but I didn't know he coached her too? :shrug: Either way, he is cute and I certainly didn't mind seeing him.

thelittlestelf
Sep 7th, 2005, 04:17 AM
Coach

chewy
Sep 7th, 2005, 05:14 AM
thz for all d great pix!
i wish i was there too...

Robbie.
Sep 7th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the pics, bigshow! It's nice to see a member of the den in here supporting Lindsay. I've missed the comaraderie between us this year with Jenny being out :(

In another news Kim just ousted Venus, but she looked very brittle for the first set and a half to say the least. The door is open for Lindsay.

lindsayno1
Sep 7th, 2005, 07:46 AM
i know!!! lindsay can win this!! Kim will take out sharapova in the semis imo. sharapooheads been playing poorly and kim will pee her off by running down everything.

the dude is adam peterson - lindsays hot coach :) Lindsays hubby (Jon) is the other dude who sits next to adam during matches chomping on a huge wad of gum!

500 on lindsay to beat elena :)

sweet_angel23
Sep 7th, 2005, 09:11 AM
thanks for the photos.. :yeah:
im so excited, surely LD's gonna win!!!:bounce: xx cross fingers xx
channel 9 sucks :tape: they're so obsessed with Hewitt, they're only gonna show the men's qf and i have to wake up 3.30am just to watch the semis... :tape: it'll be worth it though because of Lindsay.. ;)

lindsayno1
Sep 7th, 2005, 09:18 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/bigshow21/USO%2005/cutecouplelindsay.jpg

Lindsay actually looks really hot in that pic! (in a non-lesbian way) ;)

Nikki
Sep 7th, 2005, 09:30 AM
She does look hot but I think Adam is hotter;)

Elldee
Sep 7th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Kim is certainly the lesser of two evils and even if Lindsay doesn't win, I'm extremely happy that Venus definately won't!

Lindsayfan32
Sep 7th, 2005, 01:10 PM
lindsay should reach the final.......ohhhh its soooooo exciting! go dav!

I would like to say one thing to you. The matches still have to be played but on paper the draw looks very good. Kim taking Venus helps too. You have to have a bit of luck to win a slam.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Sep 7th, 2005, 01:14 PM
thanks for the photos.. :yeah:
im so excited, surely LD's gonna win!!!:bounce: xx cross fingers xx
channel 9 sucks :tape: they're so obsessed with Hewitt, they're only gonna show the men's qf and i have to wake up 3.30am just to watch the semis... :tape: it'll be worth it though because of Lindsay.. ;)

I have to say I agree with you. I will get up and watch if Lindsay win tommorow. But channel nine has shown the full US Open for years why have they stopped all of a sudden? It's a total joke. Lindsay is anafter thought until now anyway. Or should that be a no thought at all. :(

:tape:

Lindsayfan32
Sep 7th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I was bored this afternoon and listened to the Kim V Venus match on Radio usopen. It not the same as watching it but it give you some idea what's going on. You go to usopen.org and load the score board and click on the on / off switch on the right hand side but if you load the socore board you can't miss it. The commintators were pretty good too when you could hear them over Venus's noise.

huh?
Sep 7th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I LOVE the Us open web site as opposed to the Wimbledon one...you had to pay for everything on the Wimby one, and the us open is like" here! have some free highlights!! how about some free interviews?? oh here are some more free point tracking coverage!! :):):) (some of us don't have cable)

Kelly
Sep 7th, 2005, 05:55 PM
OMG ADAAAAAAAAM!!! thank you soo much for the pics.

good luck tonight lindsay im gonna do an andrew.....
I WANT TOTAL DOMINATION FROM YOU!!

*abby*
Sep 7th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the pics, bigshow! It's nice to see a member of the den in here supporting Lindsay. I've missed the comaraderie between us this year with Jenny being out :(

yeah i miss it too :sad:
we always seem to get along great!
lindsay is great ive thought so for ever but even more after i saw her at wimbly last year!i no what you mean bout her sluggin the hell outta the balls...i caught one on the stomach!!! *ouch*
is this lindsays last year?hope not shes a great gal :D

foreva lindsay
Sep 7th, 2005, 07:02 PM
She does look hot but I think Adam is hotter;)

:drool: me too ;)

foreva lindsay
Sep 7th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the pics :D

They're really good :)

Nikki
Sep 7th, 2005, 08:20 PM
C'mon Lindsay you can win this:bounce:

RayRob
Sep 7th, 2005, 09:00 PM
That's for the pics :D Especially the one of lovely Adam ;)

-Rache

Loughyunijen
Sep 7th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Lets go Dav.....im sure you can do this.....infact im positive and bet all 2,200 of my v.cash on you....thats how positive i am! Lets go dav....then kick mary's ass and show her who's boss on home soil!

lindsayno1
Sep 7th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Well pierce awaits in the semis.... did anyone see how she played?

Kelly
Sep 7th, 2005, 10:47 PM
yeah...mary was HOTT!!! so hot she was on fire.....if lindsay gets to the semi's she is gonna have to play very well to ensure a final spot

joaco
Sep 7th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Kim is certainly the lesser of two evils and even if Lindsay doesn't win, I'm extremely happy that Venus definately won't!

I AM SOOOOO with you!! I just simply don't know why, but I love it when Venus loses, to whomever (specially Lindsay)

Joaco

Ty-Ty
Sep 8th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Down two more break points, a break, and a bad attitude = not good.
:(

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:00 AM
1-4. Great start.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:33 AM
Hey. Just got up. Whats happened?

angelG3r
Sep 8th, 2005, 02:58 AM
god, jesus, lindsay lost..i cant believe it!

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Dementieva def. Davenport 6-1 3-6 7-6 (6)

More clutch play from Lindsay on match point.

thelittlestelf
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Wow. Elena has some serious guts.

Lindsay played... heinously bad until the end of the tiebreak. Nothing worked.

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Well, I guess I'll talk to myself, since nobody else is posting.

Firstly, that was just horrific. I don't remember the last time I saw Lindsay play so poorly. I don't understand why either...the back was clearly not an issue, and she didn't seem to be suffering from any other kind of injury. I think this was just an awful day for her.

For me though, the worst part was in the later part of the third set. Lindsay just couldn't buy a serve - broken at 15 at 3-3 and 5-5. Then the tiebreak...this is a real issue. On match point, she just wasn't going for it. She left a perfect shot open for Lena to hit the winner. Why? Is it nerves? She had about two openings on that point to go for the winner, and played it safe. Then, oh, we drop our next serve point. Good job. And then match point down, play it safe, wait for an error. Oh, Dementieva hits a winner. Whatever....

Oh well. Overall, just a horrible performance. I had a really bad feelnig about this match for a few days, but I always figured she'd find some way to bullshit out a win. When we make 60 unforced errors, that can't happen.

Please play Bali and get another tier 8 win. If we got another "injury" because of this, and can't play, K.

joaco
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Sorry I'm being pessimistic, but I so knew Lindsay would lose that third set tie-break .She just DOES NOT GO FOR HER SHOTS at big times . I thought she'd figured out that after the Wimbledon final. Actually, when she did go for her shots being down 2-5 in the tie-break she won four points in a row. Then... played safe. Lindsay is just not mentally strong to win this type of matches... yes to challenge them, but nothing else. Nothing will change unless she changes her mentality on the BIG POINTS. Does anyoone agree????!!!

Joaco :sad:

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Sorry I'm being pessimistic, but I so knew Lindsay would lose that third set tie-break .She just DOES NOT GO FOR HER SHOTS at big times . I thought she'd figured out that after the Wimbledon final. Actually, when she did go for her shots being down 2-5 in the tie-break she won four points in a row. Then... played safe. Lindsay is just not mentally strong to win this type of matches... yes to challenge them, but nothing else. Nothing will change unless she changes her mentality on the BIG POINTS. Does anyoone agree????!!!

Joaco :sad:
That's exactly what I'm saying. She had three winners from 2-5 to 6-5. She was going for her shots and not holding back. Then at 6-5, she just waits for the error.

I hate to say this because of all the "Adam Lovers" out there, but there's a coaching issue. Between the injuries, and the mental midget at crucial times. A coach needs to recognize this, and change it, and that's not happening.

angelG3r
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:21 AM
yea..i do..i think she needs to have more confidence in herself at times to close the set/match. well, at least she didnt lose in str8 sets..i thought she'll

GrandSlam05
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:23 AM
I can't believe what I just saw. I haven't been a tennis fan for that long so I've only been a Lindsay fan for about a year now. That's the worst hardcourt performance I've seen in that amount of time. It was just horrendous! She missed so many routine shots that I don't believe it.
Something was really bugging her tonight. I don't know what it was, but when Tracy Austin said she thought Lindsay looked nervous before the match I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. If it had been against Mauresmo it wouldn't have mattered because she would've choked it away anyways, but Dementieva is a terminator out there.
I don't know whether I'm glad she lost or not. If she had pulled this one out, would she have upped the ante in the SF or possibly finals? Or would it have been another slaughter.
The only positive thing I can take from this is as horrible as she was playing, she still lost 7-6 in the third.
I hate Elena, last year Jen and now Linds. Also, it was almost exactly like last year's match against Jen. Jen was totally out of it in the 1st set losing it 6-love. Then got back on track and won the second 6-2. Then lost in the 3rd set breaker. Unbelievable!
I am shell-shocked. Though I have to say I don't really feel sorry for Linds. If she had played her best I would, but when you play like that, chances are you'll get beat, but it still hurts.
Does anyone have any speculation about something bugging Lindsay tonight?

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:26 AM
God 60 errors, that's fucking horrible.

Ugh. Please play Bali.

joaco
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:31 AM
NO. I don't get ANYTHING positive from this match. It means what Andrew just said, nor Lindsay or Adam have LEARNED anything from that heart-breaking Wimbledon final. At least the most important thing of all. I don't think today could have been any clearer. I don't think they'll learn it from today either. I'm so fucking tired of this close loses :(

joaco
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:33 AM
God 60 errors, that fucking horrible.

Ugh. Please play Bali. are u being sarcastic or do you mean that?

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:34 AM
are u being sarcastic or do you mean that?
What do you think.

Last I checked, when a player made 60 errors, 95% of the time they lost.

angelG3r
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:36 AM
are u being sarcastic or do you mean that?

56 unforced errors, to top that 6 double faults

joaco
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:38 AM
What do you think.

Last I checked, when a player made 60 errors, 95% of the time they lost.

I meant the Bali thing

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:39 AM
I meant the Bali thing
Yes. Why wouldn't I want her to play Bali...

huh?
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:41 AM
I am so frustrated right now...she gets the best draw anyone could ask for and can't pull the trigger when it comes time...I thought she had made progress...and I guess she had (she was fighting more in matches, and working harder), but she just needs (as ridiculous as this sounds for a 15 year vetern) to up it one more notch to fighting for the close points and WINNING them...hopefully she'll put it all back together and find her inner asskicker......as far as what could have been bothering her tonight...just a worst case scenario....what if she's PREGNANT!!! oh holy shit...goodbye...see you later!

joaco
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:42 AM
Yes. Why wouldn't I want her to play Bali...

I don't know. I don't think it really matters. All she really wanted was to win that extra Grand Slam, so Bali seems a little mehh

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Well, clearly she's lost all belief that she can do that.

So Bali is the next best thing. Slam of Asia.

GrandSlam05
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:50 AM
All I have to say is Kim had better win this. I said at the beginning of the tournament that the only way I could stand Lindsay losing was if Kim finally got her slam. So now that Lindsay has lost, Kim you had better fucking win! There is no Justine "I make my opponents self-destruct" Henin-Hardenne to stop you this time, just a screaching over-hyped shark, and then an old duck or a bitch with the most annoying grunt in tennis and CAN'T SERVE!

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Please, no KFC love in here. Thanks.

Dementieva love is fine. At least she's hot.

huh?
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:51 AM
oooooooo very criptic at the end of her interview!!:

Q. What did it mean to have putting today aside, what did it mean to have your dad at a Slam?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Oh, it was good. Yeah. First time he's been. It was nice. I mean, obviously we've had an up and down relationship, and it definitely meant a lot to me that he was here. He's obviously extremely proud of me. You know, it was great. My whole family was here, both my sisters, both my parents, and that was a first (smiling).

Q. You asked him to come. Is there a reason why everybody was here?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I don't know (smiling).

that's it!!! she's pregnant!!!!!

GrandSlam05
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:55 AM
I used to not like Kim either, but since Lindsay's been beating her lately and Kim's been beating the Shark and now the Screaming Dumb Lion with Zits (Venus), I like her LOL.

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:55 AM
I'm glad they all came to watch that performance, dear.

GrandSlam05
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:59 AM
It's bad luck. Just like when her hubby flew in after she beat KFC at RG and then she lost badly to the Duck.

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:09 AM
At least Mary played a good match there.

jacs
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:19 AM
Ugh, I cringed when Lindsay hit that serve at 6-5 in the tiebreak. That was so not going for her shots.

Oh well... If her fans feel bad, she certainly would feel worse because she was the one who actually lost it.

I hope Kim will win now.

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Ugh, I cringed when Lindsay hit that serve at 6-5 in the tiebreak. That was so not going for her shots.

Oh well... If her fans feel bad, she certainly would feel worse because she was the one who actually lost it.

I hope Kim will win now.
I think not. Watching her video interview, she finds this very amusing, apparently.

jacs
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Oh well

GrandSlam05
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Oh well is right Jacs. If you come out and play that badly, I suppose all you can do is laugh or cry, and personally I'd rather see her laugh.
She certainly didn't find it amusing DURING the match though. She was one pissed off mama.

LethalLindsay
Sep 8th, 2005, 05:43 AM
You know what. i'm at work so have not watched the match yet but kept in touch with the live online scoring and my colleagues now think i am insane for all the yelling and "c'mons" during the match. i love her still, she is still my hero and idol but you know what.................she has really bugged me today!
the post match press conf. was all "you know she fought hard but it was more my really bad play today" and i don't get it. Sheabsolutely DESTROYS Dechy, playing the cleanest match since killing Sharapova at IW and then follows it up with this! i'm out for a while! LOL!!!!!

sweet_angel23
Sep 8th, 2005, 08:16 AM
omg :sad: :bigcry:
i was so not in the mood when i saw the scoreboard!!! :fiery:
60 errors?? it's unbelievable...

Robbie.
Sep 8th, 2005, 08:22 AM
I am PISSED :fiery:

I just knew this was going to happen. Everyone was so god damn cocky about her beating Dementieva. I never thought it was a fait accompli.

The thing with Lindsay is that she tends to do exceptionally well when everyone expects less of her and fizzle when she's expected to do well. That's the story of her career.

Unfortunately there has been a lot more of the latter, combined with a liberal dose of bad luck. That's why even with her glorious Hall of Fame career she is still an underachiever, atleast as far as Grand Slams go.

lindsayno1
Sep 8th, 2005, 09:33 AM
that has to be the worst ive ever seen Lindsay play...ever! How many ticks on the 'fuck'-o-meter do you think she got last night?! Seriously thou, she didnt deserve to win that match. It was a pile of trash. Elena didnt win that match, Lindsay self destructed right from the start. She needed a stick of dynamite up her backside... why wasnt she going for her shots!!!

Although I would say... myself amd mum commented as soon as she walked out that she didnt look right. Maybe the excessive coughing/wearing her top on change of ends and lack of breath sometimes contributed to it? Alhtough lindsay wouldnt admit to that.

I dread what GM is saying now 'Lindsay will never win another major/should retire now'.
If shes gonna play like that she aint gonna win. The thing thats most annoying is that she was as far away from Queen Vee, Serena, Maria and Kim as possible. Christine is out and she still found a way to mess it up...against Elena of all people!!

After going to bed at 3am and just getting up, I actually feel worse than when I go out clubbing and come in hammered at 3am!!! Ugh Kim v Mary final please.

Loughyunijen
Sep 8th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Truely gtted by last nights performance! Absolutely gutted. The thing is if you dont play well, you dont win!

Gift of a draw compared to top half. Another opportunity lost/thrown away. I can assure you Lindsay will now never win another gran skam again. Infact I rarely think she will pick up a raquet again. WHOLE family reunion = something to share/celebrate....and it wasnt a GS title....so you do the math!

Really dont think there is much more to say on this sunbject that hasnt already been said. So I wont.

lindsayno1
Sep 8th, 2005, 10:10 AM
i dont get why the whole family was there.... but im not buying the 'shes pregnant' rumour either. I just dont get why shes secretive about her dad/family being there.

i dont want her to retire this year now purely on the fact that i dont want her to be remembered as almost winning 2 slams and losing to the death of servers.

foreva lindsay
Sep 8th, 2005, 10:13 AM
i dont bloody believe it...im still in shock...why the fuck does she have to blow it EVERY single time :mad: whens she ever gonna learn :rolleyes: you think...being in 2 GS Finals this year and LOSING would have taught her something....:bigcry:

why do we get our hopes up?? :shrug:

foreva lindsay
Sep 8th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Ugh Kim v Mary final please.

and a kim victory!!!

!<blocparty>!
Sep 8th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Fuck. I just don't get it, why play one of her best matches of the year against Dechy and come out and smoke Ashe out with error after error :retard: She was just inviting Elena to hit winners in the end. WTF was that second shot she played on MP?

OK, 2004 was the semi choking year, 2005 was the final choking/tanking year, lets make 2006, er, the non choking/tanking year? I doubt she's ever going to win a slam again. She has Aus, Wimb and USO next year, and thats it, really.

Now, indoor domination, 2001 style please Linds. :) YEC would be nice, and Number 1.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 8th, 2005, 11:54 AM
I think not. Watching her video interview, she finds this very amusing, apparently.

Isn't Lindsay allowed to look on the bright side of a loss anymore. Yes Lindsay should have won and all the experts where saying so but every tennis player Lindsay included is going to have a bad day at the office. I have followed Lindsay for years and I can't remeber the last time she had 56 uf in a match. You lot are bunch of banwagon sitters. When she is winning and playing well you all love her. One bad loss and it wasn't all that bad you're all over her like god knows what. If you are all totally loyal Lindsay fans you wouldn't do this as she said about her play this sucks and what you guys do sucks too.

jacs
Sep 8th, 2005, 12:16 PM
I can't speak for the others but as for me, I think it's normal to feel bad when your fave loses. And it's normal to express that disappointment. That's why you feel bad in the first place - because you look up to that person and want her to win so bad. As I said and as Lindsay herself has verbalized, her game play sucked. But I don't think SHE herself sucked. I still love her as a player.

Elldee
Sep 8th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Predicition: Elena beats Mary 7=6 in the third too! I knew after last year even when Lindsay was down it was heading for a tiebreak loss. Lindsay seemed to be quite happy to surrender her serve in the third although she admirably tried and did break serve afterwards but the game before Lindsay was broken for the first time in the third she put no effort in and looked as if she was expecting to be broken; Dementieva's shots just went out. If her breaks hadn't just been break backs she would have won. I think Dementieva actually played pretty well and far better than she has for the rest of the year but it's just not good enough.

Lindsay's movement at the start of the match? Calling her a snail would be insulting to snails.

I'm not that gutted because if she can't cope with Elena's retrieving she wouldn't have coped with Kim's either... I think Wimbledon's Lindsay's slam for next year. Aussies too slow, French is too clay and here she has problems with retrievers too.

chewy
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:06 PM
whn i left d house this mornin the match havnt started yet n all day i had bad feelin, i was worry abt this match. lindsay play so good in her last match that its hard to play that high quality match after match...even tho lindsay owns elena i knew it wasnt going to be easy if lindsay didnt hav her a game. n shock whn i got home n watched news highlights.... :bigcry: not only she didnt hav her a game, it was like her worst game according to d previous posters...im going to read d match stats now n see wat else went wrong.

But plz stop d lindsay bashin just becoz she let us down(i think she is 100x more annoyed with herself), she is human, u win u lose and d scoreline say she try to hang in there even tho she didnt hav her a game with her. i do agree that she has to be MORE confident and go for her shots in BIG points n dont succumb to nerves(easier said than done if she's been that way for so long, its hard to change). Lind's coach plz help her in this area!! i rather see her go down fighting than losing d match by playin safe!

i also won kim to win it just so nxt time lind vs kim match ppl wont be feelin sorry for her!

lindsayno1
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:23 PM
we're not bashing...we're being observant and realistic.

We aint gonna just say 'aww never mind, next time' when she lost that through playing like crap! She even agrees!

chewy
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Isn't Lindsay allowed to look on the bright side of a loss anymore. Yes Lindsay should have won and all the experts where saying so but every tennis player Lindsay included is going to have a bad day at the office. I have followed Lindsay for years and I can't remeber the last time she had 56 uf in a match. You lot are bunch of banwagon sitters. When she is winning and playing well you all love her. One bad loss and it wasn't all that bad you're all over her like god knows what. If you are all totally loyal Lindsay fans you wouldn't do this as she said about her play this sucks and what you guys do sucks too.

thank you, i totally agree.
i understand evry1 is piss including myself, n while u r being observant and realistic r u sure there not a hint of anger in that? im not saying u arnt allow to be angry, just direct d anger away from lindsay, try hittin a ball. :tennis:

i think that lindsay prob see the opportunity aswell with d draw open, venus gone n facing ppl she usually owns outside of d slams for a place in d final plus she's injury free. i think nerves and frustration was d big problems, nervous that she might actually let this match slip away so she play it safe. n frustration becoz she coudnt play like she did against dechy whn she needed to. but im proud of one thing n thats lindsays attitude has change, she didnt give up. she was scare n didnt go for her shots but she hang in there(like she said in her postmatch interview) and fight. thats something she hav change from whn i can remeber she used to give up whn things arn't going her way, her fightin spirits there, n i like that.

alfonsojose
Sep 8th, 2005, 02:29 PM
I'm crushed right now :sad: I still want her to win a slam but i won't see anymore matches of hers. It has been too painful :tears: :mad:

alfonsojose
Sep 8th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Good luck in asia, Lindsay :yeah:

Kelly
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:48 PM
well i have waited a while till i posted my comments.......mainly because ihad to be up at 5am for work so not only am i pissed at lindsay for fucking up the 'dream draw'...i pissed that i only got 2 fucking hours sleep. as i said in an angry text sent to becky last night...fuck off and have your babys....i havent been this annoyed with her since 'that' loss at wimby last year. i dont get why her dad was...wish he hadnt have bothered, he is obviously a bad luck charm. the fuck-o-meter was on overdrive last nght...plus the shit-o-metre and the mumble-metre. but to lose to that serve is jjust wrong....wrong wrong wrong.....god dammit lindsay this was urs for the taking..well i hope at the ozzy..if she turns up.....she gets vee, ree, kim and sharascreamer in her half....see if likes doing it the hard way.
i could go on...but i wont cos i dnt want to offend anymore than i have.

ps-sorry for the swear words

Lindsayfan32
Sep 8th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I can't speak for the others but as for me, I think it's normal to feel bad when your fave loses. And it's normal to express that disappointment. That's why you feel bad in the first place - because you look up to that person and want her to win so bad. As I said and as Lindsay herself has verbalized, her game play sucked. But I don't think SHE herself sucked. I still love her as a player.

Yes Jacs you're right you do feel bad when Lindsay loses and that quiet normal but some what was said on this board yesterday was over the top. Maybe its the way I have approached sports all life and supporting Lindsay. Cheer loud at the time and once the result has happened that's it. There's no point bitching about it because you can't change it. Maybe it also that we're all used to Lindsay winning these matches these days and one of the rare times she doesn't it dispoints more than it should. As the now retired coach Lindsay Gaze of my faverite basketball team the Melboune Tigers says you only have to win in surgery and war. In other words tennis results aren't life and death. By all means feel bad about a bad result but there no need to go over the top about it.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 8th, 2005, 09:40 PM
we're not bashing...we're being observant and realistic.

We aint gonna just say 'aww never mind, next time' when she lost that through playing like crap! She even agrees!

You're allowed to agree she played like crap but some what some of you said was just bashing Lindsay and I think it was great while gave elena all the credit as she always does but was honest enough to say she played like crap. Maybe I just cheer at the time and let result go after it has happened. It also might have simething to do with I have followed Lindsay when these results where more common and I'm used to it sort of. You can't win them all and play great all the time.

:bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Sep 8th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Chewy My anger not with the loss as such. My anger is with the way people have been treating Lindsay. I think a true fan is allowed to be disapointed with a loss. That's a given but some of the posts on this board are just over the top. Sure Lindsay hasn't lost a match like this in a while but the respect factor needs to be looked at. As for the hitting a tennis ball to get rid of anger, it would be great but I have two shot knees so that went out the window years ago.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 8th, 2005, 10:00 PM
whn i left d house this mornin the match havnt started yet n all day i had bad feelin, i was worry abt this match. lindsay play so good in her last match that its hard to play that high quality match after match...even tho lindsay owns elena i knew it wasnt going to be easy if lindsay didnt hav her a game. n shock whn i got home n watched news highlights.... :bigcry: not only she didnt hav her a game, it was like her worst game according to d previous posters...im going to read d match stats now n see wat else went wrong.

But plz stop d lindsay bashin just becoz she let us down(i think she is 100x more annoyed with herself), she is human, u win u lose and d scoreline say she try to hang in there even tho she didnt hav her a game with her. i do agree that she has to be MORE confident and go for her shots in BIG points n dont succumb to nerves(easier said than done if she's been that way for so long, its hard to change). Lind's coach plz help her in this area!! i rather see her go down fighting than losing d match by playin safe!

i also won kim to win it just so nxt time lind vs kim match ppl wont be feelin sorry for her!

I'm starting to think you're right about the neves bit. I only listen to the match on radio usopen so I don't what she looked like. Can someone please fill me. Thanks Chewy for the anti Lindsay bashing support.

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 10:03 PM

Oh, okay.

Andrew..
Sep 8th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Nobody was "bashing" Lindsay. She played like crap. She lost. And in the interview after the match, her attitude was less than helpful. End of story.

LindsayRulz
Sep 9th, 2005, 02:45 AM
it was just a bad match for lindsay and nothing worked as well as the match against Dechy :sad: but it's not the end of the world :) she can always wins a other grand slam!! :bounce:

Robbie.
Sep 9th, 2005, 03:14 AM
You excluded.

Just as well.

GrandSlam05
Sep 9th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Lindsay's movement at the start of the match? Calling her a snail would be insulting to snails.

:fiery: Oh that just annoyed the fuck out of me too! If her shots are off, that happens I guess, but she just stood there and wouldn't put up any fight meanwhile using every 4-letter word in the book. Why spend all these countless hours in the gym Mary Joe Fernandez is always talking about if you're just going to stand there and watch the ball go by.

jacs
Sep 9th, 2005, 03:18 AM
And this marks the end of this thread.