PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel when Mary plays?

vanillalatte
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:17 PM
well, when i watch one of mary's games i'm just sooooo excited and can't even keep still for one second :)
i like venus, so of course i enjoy watching her games but i don't have that weird, exciting feeling when i'm watching her game.. it's just different, you know..
well, i just can't really explain it! ^^
what do you think/feel whatever if you see Mary play?

Mark Spruce
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
I do not get see Mary play often. When I do I am fixed on her. Looking how she is moving and gettnig very excited.

But I get so nervous with every point, I loose weight with worrying and sweating so much. Mary puts us thought allot, but they is why we like her.

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!

mark

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:32 PM
I do not get see Mary play often. When I do I am fixed on her. Looking how she is moving and gettnig very excited.

But I get so nervous with every point, I loose weight with worrying and sweating so much. Mary puts us thought allot, but they is why we like her.

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!

mark

Exactly the same !

I fear she might miss a point, i'm really panicked ...
But it's exciting, and when i know she will play or, better, that i will see her on tv, i'm really happy and ... more than happy, i don't know how to say lol !

But i feel things that only mary can make me feel ... I just love her :eek:

sebbe
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:39 PM
Well, I'm usually more nervous when Mary play then I am when I have my own matches. For me that is kind of sick because, I mean, I've never met her or I don't know her but still I get so excited. But when I see her, I never miss Mary's matches if I can see them on tv I use to be so into it that nothing around me exists. I don't ever let anyone watch the match with me. And I guess sometimes that my stomach just want to jump out of me because I feel so much for Mary in my stomach. When I watch Mary I get very exited when she is playing good and I give her so much credit for everything haha. If she on the other hand play bad I yell at her, play better, oohh come on move and stuff like that.

I'm a bit crazy but it is the same when I watch just the scores on the computor. Sometimes if Mary loose I want to go and practise my tennis just because I want to show Mary that I could do just what she couldn't.

Oh well, I know you will look at me as a psycho now but I get a little bit to crazy and to into it. I can't help it. :lol: :rolleyes:

vanillalatte
Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:01 PM
Well, I'm usually more nervous when Mary play then I am when I have my own matches. For me that is kind of sick because, I mean, I've never met her or I don't know her but still I get so excited. But when I see her, I never miss Mary's matches if I can see them on tv I use to be so into it that nothing around me exists. I don't ever let anyone watch the match with me. And I guess sometimes that my stomach just want to jump out of me because I feel so much for Mary in my stomach. When I watch Mary I get very exited when she is playing good and I give her so much credit for everything haha. If she on the other hand play bad I yell at her, play better, oohh come on move and stuff like that.

I'm a bit crazy but it is the same when I watch just the scores on the computor. Sometimes if Mary loose I want to go and practise my tennis just because I want to show Mary that I could do just what she couldn't.

Oh well, I know you will look at me as a psycho now but I get a little bit to crazy and to into it. I can't help it. :lol: :rolleyes:

:eek: we must be the same person.. :lol:

Maryamator
Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:43 PM
well im not a fan of mary but i enjoy watching her play lol

Declan
Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:58 PM
I am MUCH better seeing Mary play live in the flesh than on TV -I can cope better somehow, probably because I know I can't turn off or switch over if things get close. Also, I feel so privileged to see her in person that I don't want to miss a minute of her supreme play! On the TV, I much prefer taping her matches, then watching them after when I know the result: the incredible nerves are obviously not there then, and I can marvel at her play in a much calmer frame of mind knowing the ultimate outcome.

Wa-hay: I'm off to Toronto in 11 days to see Mary play again!!!!

saby
Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:21 PM
Little bit of everything you guys said, nervous, anxious, just waiting for unbeliveble point (like the shot between the legs...) :eek:

if I taped a match and I know Mary lost I can't watch... no way... :sad:

RG 2000 final I never screamed so load than that day, jumped around. :bounce:

Too many memories with Mary, she is full of emotions and I can feel them when she plays.

I think she deserves her "Diva" 's nickname, b/c she has power, not only the "strength" but kind like an:angel:"Aura":angel: which is attracting everythings around.

That is what I feel when I watch her, I saw her at the fed cup semi-final and I felt like when she walks on a court, she is there and you can't ignore her, it's impossible. :sport:

An unbeliveble player with smiles, tears, happyness, Sadness, It's Mary Pierce, The Diva...just our Mary :worship:

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:37 PM
Mary is a Madam :cool:

Tu as raison Saby qd tu parles d'une "aura". Elle a un truc, elle dégage qqc de fort, elle a une présence particulière, une posture, des manières qui sont siennes et qui participent totalement au personnage, car elle est vraiment un personnage.
Du geste de service au bout de course, elle a toujours le dos relativement droit, comme si rien ne pouvait lui faire courber l'échine ou se vouter, elle a cette classe et ce maintien qu'aucune n'a.
C'est ça qui fait d'elle une *diva*. Et les doigts de sa main gauche souvent écartés lorsqu'elle exécute un coup, il n'y a qu'elle pour faire ça !

Elle est différente !

Malheureusement, ceux qui ne connaissent rien Mary prennent ces attitudes pour de la prétention, car elle a toujours la tête haute ... Mais c'est n'importe quoi, et ceux qui ne la comprennent pas n'ont finalement pas accès à cet aura qu'elle dégage. Ils s'y heurtent et la méprennent, et c'est tant pis pour eux car ils y perdent plus à ne pas l'aimer que Mary à ne pas être appréciée par eux :drool:

mamno_MARYFAN
Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:58 AM
Cool reactions guys...!!:worship:

As for me...pretty much the same...excited, nervous...when Mary finally won Roland Garros in 2000 I was so happy it feels like a dream...:worship: and also the matches against Jelena and Maria at the US open 2003 and 2004...NAILBITING!!!....I was screaming on the tv screen the whole time...!!!;)

For me Mary is the ultimate player with STYLE...I could watch Mary for hours just walking, preparing to serve, fixing her hair...its just that she did everything with so much class!!!...that's just our Mary!!!:worship:

Guedero
Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:15 AM
It's absolutely amazing, what you're all describing is what I've been feeling for many years!!!
One thing is because Mary is more sensitive to emotions than other players, she looks more "human" and then you want her to win even more!!! I couldn't even count how many times I've got up in the middle on the night to watch a game of Mary, but even though there was more disappointments than satisfactions I know I'll keep doing that. I mean during RG and Wimbledon this year I basically wasn't doing anything at work when she was playing, what would I do without the internet???
But that's also true that many people absolutely hate Mary, this stupid english ex-player whom I forgot the name + a commentator on Eurosport France called Herve Duthu, I haven't heard him commenting a Mary's match for a while but believe me it was pretty bad. What's even better is to know that Mary does not give a shit about all this, and besides these people haven't accomplished a tenth of what she has!!!

Lu_Weird
Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:23 AM
nervouse when saw Mary's match. I remember the first match I saw Marys' was on May. 96' it was a game agaist C.Martinze. I don't know what that match is because it was my first time to spend hours watch tennis..and then I like Mary.but not very much ..then I become interesting in tennis in that there is Mary in it. I guess I love Mary when the begin of the year 1997...I watched Mary step by step into the Austrila Final... even my legs are trembling when I watching the finally..but what a disappointed Mary didn't not win. So I still nervouse when watching but also exciting like you guys too.

ashwu
Aug 3rd, 2005, 04:22 AM
very nervous, can't help trembling all through the match :)

atoutix
Aug 4th, 2005, 05:21 PM

+1 :D

Mary is only the one who make me feel like this when i watch something on tv or the scoreboard on the pc... i can't explain why but it's like that and i like that !! :hearts:

cakiteror
Aug 4th, 2005, 06:16 PM
always nervous,always!
but i love seeing her play,i love the way she beats opponents and still is feminine!
so much power and grace,i never wonna miss!

Mark Spruce
Aug 4th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Grace that is a great word Cakiteror

Mark