PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!! please

CDGS22
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:04 AM
Can someone please tell me where I can find the speech that Lindsay gave during the 2005 Aussie Open at the Doubles Final...

Thanks

lindsayno1
Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:57 AM
ooh err, its on a video somewhere on the net. i cant remember where thou....anyone?!

*timtams*
Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:13 PM
aarrrggghhh i think i have amnesia or brain power loss or sumat.
Who the hell won wimbledon...no seriously, who did?

Golinds
Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:24 PM
Venus Williams won... 4/6, 7/5, 7/5 i think... poor Lindsay *sighs* so close yet so far...oh well bring on the US OPEN!!!

RayRob
Aug 2nd, 2005, 03:23 PM
Can someone please tell me where I can find the speech that Lindsay gave during the 2005 Aussie Open at the Doubles Final...

Thanks

I have it on my computer.....I will upload it on a tempary host server for you....so you'll have to be quick ie. before 7 days is up or for a limited number of downloads (whichever comes first), not sure what the limit is, it doesn't say....so be quick :bolt:

I was about to watch it again (checking it was the right one (because I have Alicia's part of the speach too) but I had to stop it because it makes me cry :sad:

Here's the link - might take a while for it to download depending on your connection speed.

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.php?id=1UAKCNFEO0DCKA1PAPLFKOG84 (http://s61.yousendit.com/d.php?id=1UAKCNFEO0DCKA1PAPLFKOG84)

hope you like it - and try not to shed a tear ;)

-Rache

foreva lindsay
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:20 PM
Venus Williams won... 4/6, 7/5, 7/5 i think... poor Lindsay *sighs* so close yet so far...oh well bring on the US OPEN!!!

4/6 7/6 9/7 ;) :sad:

Kelly
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:21 PM
the 3rd set was 9-7 wasnt it?

huh?
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:34 PM
um...friend...I dled your file...and it just ocme us as strange text...there seems to be an issue :)

Nikki
Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
I have downloaded it no problem, Thanks Rachel i haven't seen it before.

*timtams*
Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:16 PM
nooooo i cannot get the download to work either.
i have not heard it so am v much wanting to....

oh it was venus in the final, sorry for being stoopid

Kelly
Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:24 PM
it worked fine for me as well.....and it still makes me cry lol.
rache could you please send me alicias speach as i havent seen that one..cheers!

RayRob
Aug 3rd, 2005, 04:21 PM
hi Kelly, I have to go work now, but I will also uplaod Alicia's speach for you and post the link here.....she says some really nice things about Corina and Lindsay! :D I think she got caught up in the moment too ;) bless her!

don't know why you guys are having trouble with the downloads if everyone else has been ok with it....maybe I'll try and upload it again later and give you a different link to try :D

-Rache

CDGS22
Aug 4th, 2005, 01:24 AM
does someone has the transcript.I can't download on my computer

RayRob
Aug 4th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Here's a 'transcript':

Lindsay:

Alicia, Svetlana, you were too good, definitely tip your hats off to them. Congratulations (applause)

Also to KIA for sponsoring this great tournament so far and a few more days left but I just want to say one quick little story.

Four years ago, my partner Corina and I stood here a little disappointed after losing a tough 3 set match in the final and about four months later I got a phone call from her parents saying that she was in the hospital with an advanced stage of leukemia. So for us to stand here today is pretty remarkable (choking back the tears - and the waterworks begin - crowd applauses - while Alicia hugs Corina, who's also fighting the tears)

So I'd like to say we're extremely proud to be the runner's up (applause - Lindsay hugs Corina)

Corina:

Wow, I was going to try and not get emotional but I guess that's close to impossible.

First I 'd like to congratulate Svetlana and Alicia, they were just way too good and Alicia you really have just done Australia proud, not just as a player but as a person, so I think she deserves another round of applause (applause).

This is going to be a celebratory speech for me, like Lindsay said 3 and a half years ago, I wasn't sure if I would see another day let alone another Grand Slam final. So I feel really blessed to be here and I have her to thank for it, she's been an incredible friend and I know she's had a really long couple of days and has stuck it out for me and that's just a testament to what a great person she is.

I just want to say a quick thanks to my coach Raj, he's actually made tennis really fun for me in the past couple of years and he's made me not only a better player but a better person. Also a special thanks to him and to my family and everyone's who's supported me over the last three years, it's been a really long road and they've just been with me every step of the way and I love you all at home and thank you again.

Alicia (just Lindsay-related parts):

It'd be good if Kleenex could jump on board next year, we've been a bit emotional. ( :haha: she'sjust too funny! :D )

I get to celebrate tonight, Lindsay's got one more day to go, what a real trouper, she's played every single day, she's had to back up and play doubles today and again tomorrow. I'll have a few drinks for you tonight (laughter) and good luck for your singles tomorrow.

Golinds
Aug 4th, 2005, 08:02 PM
4/6 7/6 9/7 ;) :sad:

oops lol sorry bout that!

sweet_angel23
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:12 AM
it worked for me...

thank you Rache.. :hug:

RayRob
Aug 5th, 2005, 01:03 PM
no probelm....I don't know why some people are having trouble....maybe those people have pop-up blockers, but then I do and it's ok for me when I use the yousendit site....mmmmm..

-Rache