PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going?

Paule22
Aug 1st, 2005, 05:30 PM
I think, I'm going to visit this when there is an entry list which is a bit promising ;)

Are there cheap hotels you can recommend? Something interesting about the side? Any other interesting information?

so far

crazillo
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I will go there. I will meet up with a friend of mine who'S on WTAWORLD, too. Will be great for sure. :)

CooCooCachoo
Aug 12th, 2005, 07:24 AM
I think, I'm going to visit this when there is an entry list which is a bit promising ;)

Are there cheap hotels you can recommend? Something interesting about the side? Any other interesting information?

so far

I went last year.

The venue is by far the poorest I have ever seen. The stadium is so incredibly small and they only have one other court. Practice courts are not open for visitors, though you can peak through the curtain but you need good eyes. Can't approach the players there anyway.

Tickets were always cheap. Don't know about this year. The people of the tournament are very unfriendly and the people of Luxembourg know zilch about tennis (Calling Carly Gullickson Charlie doesn't help to improve my view on them).

The hotel I stayed in was the Ibis hotel, which is overpriced. The breakfast especially is incredibly expensive and poor. It's the hotel nearest to the venue though, with no supermarkets or so in the area. You might try a youth hostel in Luxembourg city. That won't be too expensive and you'd have to travel a bit, but that isn't that expensive either. Plus you'll be able to buy some decent breakfast and food there.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 12th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Oh. The two Challenger tournaments I have been two have a centre court at least 1˝-2 times as big as the centre court in Luxembourg.

crazillo
Aug 16th, 2005, 02:03 PM
I know now that I will go on the quali weekend. :)

Melusine
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I will be going from Thursday until Sunday, hopefully to support Kim all the time :p as I'm going with some other KC-fans :bounce:

controlfreak
Aug 20th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I am going :D

I would offer to let you stay in my house but you are probably all strange and dirty people with disgusting habits so that might not be a good idea.

It's true, the venue isn't very good for a tournament. It's fine for an indoor tennis centre but not designed for spectators, so they have to build temporary stands inside. Also it smells quite strange and it's easy to hit the ball off the ceiling. It would be better if they had the tournament in the summer so it could be played at a nice outdoor venue.

Vamos
Aug 21st, 2005, 08:02 AM
If Maria will play (qualies) I will go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She will let me know if she is going :)

Vamos Maria.

Drimal
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:28 PM
I will go. :bigclap:

pla
Aug 22nd, 2005, 02:27 PM
No more week-tickets. They are crazy, I can order tickets for every day I want but not a "week-ticket" :fiery: :fiery:

:sad: :sad:

controlfreak
Aug 23rd, 2005, 06:11 PM
You should have bought it three months ago :cool:

Melusine
Aug 24th, 2005, 08:03 AM
No more week-tickets. They are crazy, I can order tickets for every day I want but not a "week-ticket" :fiery: :fiery:

:sad: :sad:
yeah I had the same problem :o

frenchie
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:16 PM
I'm going too (10 min from my home in France)

Now it's a tier2, is it still at the CK sportcenter?

Tati & Dani
Sep 11th, 2005, 08:13 PM
I went last year.

The venue is by far the poorest I have ever seen. The stadium is so incredibly small and they only have one other court. Practice courts are not open for visitors, though you can peak through the curtain but you need good eyes. Can't approach the players there anyway.

Tickets were always cheap. Don't know about this year. The people of the tournament are very unfriendly and the people of Luxembourg know zilch about tennis (Calling Carly Gullickson Charlie doesn't help to improve my view on them).

The hotel I stayed in was the Ibis hotel, which is overpriced. The breakfast especially is incredibly expensive and poor. It's the hotel nearest to the venue though, with no supermarkets or so in the area. You might try a youth hostel in Luxembourg city. That won't be too expensive and you'd have to travel a bit, but that isn't that expensive either. Plus you'll be able to buy some decent breakfast and food there.

pfffff :fiery:

I think im staying home then , Filderstadt again then this year...

Carsten
Sep 20th, 2005, 08:51 PM
I'll go to the Qualifying on Saturday, together with crazillo ;) But I've got some questions how to get there from the city of Luxembourg. We'll arrive by train from Trier, so I want to know how is the "central station" in Luxemburg called and how can we get from there to the Tournament by bus. I hope somebody can help :wavey:

pla
Sep 20th, 2005, 10:16 PM
I'll go to the Qualifying on Saturday, together with crazillo ;) But I've got some questions how to get there from the city of Luxembourg. We'll arrive by train from Trier, so I want to know how is the "central station" in Luxemburg called and how can we get from there to the Tournament by bus. I hope somebody can help :wavey:

If I am OK, I can pass take you from the Train Station. There's no other way I can help, I don't know the buses here :angel: :silly:

But as the last year I am ill and I am not sure if I'll be able to go there as it's very cold. I'll do everything I can :)

Otherwise, I'll try to find the bus going there.

DutchieGirl
Sep 21st, 2005, 02:48 AM
There is a nice YHA hostel in Luxembourg City, but I dunno how close it is to the venue. It only take about 10 mins from the station, and there is a bus stop right near it. it was very cheap, and they have nice breakfast and they also do dinners there... ;) But then it's probably too late if people are already going! ;)

controlfreak
Sep 21st, 2005, 07:22 PM
From the train station ("gare centrale") you need to take bus number 5 (five) to Kockelscheuer. Note: this is very important! If you take a number 5 which is labelled Kirchberg or Weimerskirch, you will be going in the wrong direction and it will take about 40 minutes longer to get to Kockelscheuer!

To catch this bus, you need to exit the station and cross the road directly in front of you. In other words, if you stand with your back to the station and look towards the main road, you need to get a bus which is going from right to left and not the other way. This is why you need to cross the road. Once you have crossed the road, you need to walk to the right until you get to the bus stop where the 5 stops (it's not too far along I don't think).

You can find all this information (and the bus timetable) here: http://www.vdl.lu/page_1445622.html

controlfreak
Sep 21st, 2005, 07:23 PM
oh yes and the bus costs 1,20 Euros per person per trip :cool:

Carsten
Sep 21st, 2005, 07:58 PM
oh yes and the bus costs 1,20 Euros per person per trip :cool:

okay, that's not too expensive :D

thank you!!

okay i've got another question: when I look at this bus timetable, I see that bus number 5 only stops at Gare Centrale ALFA... does that just mean that it's the other side of the station?

pla
Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:56 AM
Hehe I just called my father-in-law to ask about the bus :D and I see controlfreak explained everything perfectly. Thanks :wavey:

Carsten, just do what controlfreak said and you'll find it. It's very easy ;)

frenchie
Sep 22nd, 2005, 09:50 AM
Are there still tickets to buy?
Because I'm waiting friday to get my school timetable, and I intend to buy my tickets this saturday or sunday!

Brαm
Sep 22nd, 2005, 07:09 PM
If anyone is going to the 1st day of qualifying, please take a picture of Caroline Maes of Belgium please! :wavey:

Steffy6094
Sep 22nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
I'm going there from Saturday to Tuesday.

Frenchie : semi and final are sold out but it's ok for the rest of the week... ;)

frenchie
Sep 22nd, 2005, 09:27 PM
I'm going there from Saturday to Tuesday.

Frenchie : semi and final are sold out but it's ok for the rest of the week... ;)

OK thanks ;)
I'd like to buy tickets for wednesday or thursday :cool: but it's too late for saturday :fiery:

DutchieGirl
Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:20 AM
Anyone who's going...can someone take some pics of Misa Krajicek for me please? :D

frenchie
Sep 23rd, 2005, 08:51 AM
Anyone who's going...can someone take some pics of Misa Krajicek for me please? :D

I saw her last year!
She's very sweet on and off court! :D Too bad she lost in the first round but not without a fight: she was loosing 6-0/4-0 to Asagoe but managed to win the second set before loosing :eek:

DutchieGirl
Sep 23rd, 2005, 08:54 AM
I saw her last year!
She's very sweet on and off court! :D Too bad she lost in the first round but not without a fight: she was loosing 6-0/4-0 to Asagoe but managed to win the second set before loosing :eek:

But she had qualified, so she did good at that tourney anyway! ;)

Vamos
Sep 23rd, 2005, 09:24 AM

I have some (not so good) pics of her from Rosmalen this year.......
Can I mail them to you?

DutchieGirl
Sep 23rd, 2005, 09:40 AM
I have some (not so good) pics of her from Rosmalen this year.......
Can I mail them to you?

Sure, that'd be great! :D

harnett1@hotmail.com

btw, I was at Rosmalen this year! :o

jack daniels
Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:42 AM

i'm going, so if i see her play i'll take some pics for you

only if you are nice to me :p

DutchieGirl
Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:50 AM
i'm going, so if i see her play i'll take some pics for you

only if you are nice to me :p

hey - I just told you when Nastya's match is on! :angel: :p

pla
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:16 PM
Wow, this turnament will be full with WTAworld members :lol:

It may be we're gonna be the majory? :haha:

DutchieGirl
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:18 PM
Wow, this turnament will be full with WTAworld members :lol:

It may be we're gonna be the majory? :haha:

:sad: I wanna goooooooooooooooooooooo :sobbing:

pla
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:26 PM

I wanna go to Aus Open too ;) :) I feel for you but can't help.

Don't worry, I'll take pictures and make a report. :angel:

DutchieGirl
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:28 PM
I wanna go to Aus Open too ;) :) I feel for you but can't help.

Don't worry, I'll take pictures and make a report. :angel:

Thanks! :hug:

It just sucks, coz I was there when Misa got injured, and I wanna see her "come back"! ;)

Louis Cyphre
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:29 PM
We can make "wonna go but I cant :sad: " Club

DutchieGirl
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:33 PM
We can make "wonna go but I cant :sad: " Club

:yeah: OK! ;)

jack daniels
Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:35 PM
:lol:

controlfreak
Sep 23rd, 2005, 07:40 PM
I'll take a picture of Misa but only if you use your connections to get her to drop me a few compliments :p

crazillo
Sep 23rd, 2005, 08:23 PM
Thanx for your help guys (esp. pla whom I respect and who knows that. :kiss: ).

We will have fun I think. :)
We didn't manage to meet three times now and now it will happen and it was the least planned meeting. :p

Many pics to come I hope. ;)

pla
Sep 23rd, 2005, 09:01 PM
Thanx for your help guys (esp. pla whom I respect and who knows that. :kiss: ).

We will have fun I think. :)
We didn't manage to meet three times now and now it will happen and it was the least planned meeting. :p

Many pics to come I hope. ;)

Crazillo, do you have any idea where Maggie is? I am starting to worry I don't see her anywhere on the lists. I hope she got a MD WC.

Gosh, I can't sleep now, I don't know tomorrow how I'll go at 10a.m. there :lol:

frenchie
Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:03 PM
I'm going saturday to buy my tickets!!!!
Hope to see a bit of the qualies!

Does anybody know if qualis are free?

controlfreak
Sep 24th, 2005, 12:06 AM
i believe they are free.

i hope it isn't too busy tomorrow, then again i hope i'm not the only spectator!

Steffy6094
Sep 24th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Free under 15 years old
6 € for others ;)

DutchieGirl
Sep 24th, 2005, 06:01 AM
I'll take a picture of Misa but only if you use your connections to get her to drop me a few compliments :p

err how about no! :p

Drimal
Sep 24th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I'm going on Monday and Tuesday! :D

I hope Claudine will make final quali round so that I can see her live. :angel:

DutchieGirl
Sep 25th, 2005, 12:56 AM
aww pity that she lost already then! :hug: