PDA

View Full Version : Who do you like better, Jankovic or Ivanovic?

Tennis_Passion
Aug 1st, 2005, 12:21 AM
The are only 2 year differences, but I in fact like Jankovic better....
Ana does not seem to be as much a fitness player as Jelena, she resembles Dokic more..

Cp6uja
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:17 AM
The are only 2 year differences, but I in fact like Jankovic better....
Ana does not seem to be as much a fitness player as Jelena, she resembles Dokic more..

Sorry man, but we already have Fight for Serbian #1 thread...

We dont need this again.

Shaun
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:18 AM
I LOVE JELENA JANKOVIC!!! :hearts:

Tennis_Passion
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:26 AM
Sorry man, but we already have Fight for Serbian #1 thread...

We dont need this again.
We all know Dokic will always be #1, until Ana or Jelana wins their first Tier I title...that is if they ever do. But the point is, who do you prefer personally:).

JorgeHoff
Aug 1st, 2005, 03:57 AM
Jelena Jankovic! There is something very interesting about her game and look.

Ems__
Aug 1st, 2005, 07:09 AM
Ana without doubt, but i like jela too!

alibaby
Aug 1st, 2005, 09:24 AM
i dont know,because you really cant compare these two...jeca is exactly the opposite of ana,so in their own special way,i like them both a lot!!but,as i already follow jelena for alonger period,my vote goes to her!! :kiss:

Ana&Jelena Fan
Aug 1st, 2005, 05:41 PM
i dont know,because you really cant compare these two...jeca is exactly the opposite of ana,so in their own special way,i like them both a lot!!but,as i already follow jelena for alonger period,my vote goes to her!! :kiss:

I agree 100%. They are so opposit like left and right hand. Ana has strong serve, Jeca doesn`t, Ana`s forehand is so good and Jeca likes backhand winners. Jeca runs a lot, Ana doesn`t. Ana has got perfect face and Jeca has perfect body (in my opinion). Ana is so profesional, she listen her coach and manager, she sells her sportsgear and Jeca doesn`t listen anybody and she doesn`t have coach or sponsor. Ana works a lot and play a little tournaments, Jeca is opposit side. Ana respect every rival, Jeca allways says she that she`ll be No1 and has no respect for anybody. Ana has her career plans and she doesn`t play for SCG national team and Jeca makes quick decisions and plays with other girls for our team...

I love them both and I support them whenever they play, but when they will play one against other (I can`t wait that match) my support will be on Jeca`s side.

I think Ana is more popular in Serbia because she has is younger (maybe prettier), she reached top20 faster than Jeca and she has more chances to be No1.

mandy7
Aug 1st, 2005, 05:42 PM
ANA IVANOVIC!

alibaby
Aug 1st, 2005, 06:18 PM
I agree 100%. They are so opposit like left and right hand. Ana has strong serve, Jeca doesn`t, Ana`s forehand is so good and Jeca likes backhand winners. Jeca runs a lot, Ana doesn`t. Ana has got perfect face and Jeca has perfect body (in my opinion). Ana is so profesional, she listen her coach and manager, she sells her sportsgear and Jeca doesn`t listen anybody and she doesn`t have coach or sponsor. Ana works a lot and play a little tournaments, Jeca is opposit side. Ana respect every rival, Jeca allways says she that she`ll be No1 and has no respect for anybody. Ana has her career plans and she doesn`t play for SCG national team and Jeca makes quick decisions and plays with other girls for our team...

I love them both and I support them whenever they play, but when they will play one against other (I can`t wait that match) my support will be on Jeca`s side.

I think Ana is more popular in Serbia because she has is younger (maybe prettier), she reached top20 faster than Jeca and she has more chances to be No1.
all in all,i can agree with you,but i dont believe,she said,she has no respect for anybody!!this is surely "press-wanted"thing!or did you stand beside her,hearing her saying that?..surely not.as far,as i have info about her,she is rather introverted and kind of shy,so that would nt exactly fit together,right?

camcam82
Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:44 AM
Jelena is such a cool player to watch. Some people are right about her. She has an intersting look and game too. She is not an every day girl like Ana is, that;s why my vote is for my sweet JELENA!

ivanovic
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:02 AM
I like them equaly but I think Jelena annoys me so much with her inconsistancy.
Like if ANA enters a tournament u just know she will do well....she will just give it all and crush her oponents....put Jelena needs to be tough and have hunger to win and be World No. 1. Jelena just plays tournamnet after tournament thinking that this will help her - IT WONT-, also she always looks kind off tired and bored and pissed off on court, lacks that spark and intensity, and I think ana had all that.

I think if ana played as many tournaments as JJ she would be top 5 by NOW if not No.1. This AER rule is just stupid restricting talented youngsters from playing.

I dont think Jelena will ever reach to ten ( I know its depressing but I think she' just to stubborn like a typical Serb...not having a couch....playing constantly, i dont think thats the way to go.
Anyway I think Jelena is starting to look hotter, I like her hair and that fit body.

I like 'em equaly but I think ANA would prove to be better tennis player

alibaby
Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:28 AM
I like them equaly but I think Jelena annoys me so much with her inconsistancy.
Like if ANA enters a tournament u just know she will do well....she will just give it all and crush her oponents....put Jelena needs to be tough and have hunger to win and be World No. 1. Jelena just plays tournamnet after tournament thinking that this will help her - IT WONT-, also she always looks kind off tired and bored and pissed off on court, lacks that spark and intensity, and I think ana had all that.

I think if ana played as many tournaments as JJ she would be top 5 by NOW if not No.1. This AER rule is just stupid restricting talented youngsters from playing.

I dont think Jelena will ever reach to ten ( I know its depressing but I think she' just to stubborn like a typical Serb...not having a couch....playing constantly, i dont think thats the way to go.
Anyway I think Jelena is starting to look hotter, I like her hair and that fit body.

I like 'em equaly but I think ANA would prove to be better tennis player
no,i think this rule is very good and very important!because prevention of the youngsters is an important task.im sure,if we had n this rule,there would be a lot of "over-eager"daddys and "moneysucking"managers,who would put their girls in as much tourneys as possible!and i think you know by yourself,HOW that can end(see the last years,there were enough sad examples!)so,for that reason,it makes definitely sense to build them up slowly,most of all to their own safety!remember:they are not only there for entertaining us...

Dan the Assassin
Aug 2nd, 2005, 03:29 PM
Easy. Ivanovic!!!

DuLeafs
Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:25 PM
Easy. Ivanovic!!!

Same :angel:

leni
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:44 PM
no doubt,Ivanovic!

Bероника
Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:06 PM
I like both girls a lot despite their differences that Ana & Jelena Fan described so well.But I have this "faible" for Jelena since the first time I saw her play (it was against Dementieva if I'm reminding well),I just thought she had that extra special thing.It's not only about her game,I like charismatic players and certainly Jeca is so!Well about her inconsistency,I've learned to take her as she is.I thought she would become more stable with getting older,but this hasn't happened yet.It's like a rollercoaster being her fan nowadays,maybe some day this will change.

I like Ana as well a lot and want her to win most of the time,but I'm not as passionate about her as I'm with Jeca,I don't know why.

Marjan
Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:00 PM
JELENA JANKOVIC all the way!

Martian Jeza
Aug 3rd, 2005, 04:12 AM
Ana Ivanovic :worship:

Joana
Aug 5th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I don't know... I've been a fan of both for such a long time, since they were juniors.
It's funny - I expected Jelena to have a big breakthrough very early, and I thought Ana would need more time to develope. It turned out completely opposite. :lol:
I think I like them equally. When they play each other for the first time, I'll probably discover who I like more.

Joana
Aug 5th, 2005, 06:40 PM
all in all,i can agree with you,but i dont believe,she said,she has no respect for anybody!!this is surely "press-wanted"thing!or did you stand beside her,hearing her saying that?..surely not.as far,as i have info about her,she is rather introverted and kind of shy,so that would nt exactly fit together,right?

Not that she doesn't have respect for anybody, but Jelena very often comes across as very confident or even cocky in her interviews. She often says that if she plays her best she can beat everybody, and quite a lot of times she came up with some excuses for her losses.
Ana tends to be more diplomatic.

so.krist!na
Aug 6th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Ana Ivanovic.

Shonami Slam
Aug 6th, 2005, 02:18 AM
janko :)
she's unique.

Shaun
Aug 6th, 2005, 04:47 PM
It's not true about JELENA, that she is so cocky and says these things. By the way it's true if she plays what she is capable of playing, she can beat anybody... Also Jelena is such a smart girl. Somebody told me that she is in her first year of university in Belgrade. Jelena is a full package for me!

Shonami Slam
Aug 7th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Amanda Coetzer turned counter-punching into a whole philosophy and game-plan.
It troubled Graf, Seles and Hingis, and even though she would lose - those were times when troubling these meant you were good. It brought her all the way to #4 as well.
Myskina, Clijsters, kuznetsova, Karatencheva and others followed the path she started, winning slams, reaching the very top, rocking the world with Aggresive defence, great speed and super shots.

One day, little girls will be practicing down-the-line shots as default hoping to Master what Jankovic does.
Maybe Ana will win slams and achieve #1 - maybe. But Jankovic turned a shot usually for passing, hitting winners under pressure and changing direction into a full-time plan, and maybe she herself won't completely master it, but one little girl will, and she'll be great.
For me, just like Amanda has a part of Svetlana's and myskina's slams, Kim's #1 and Karatencheva's shocks towards the top, Jankovic will have a part of something huge.

andrewbroad
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Jankovic has very nice legs, but Ivanovic plays the more attractive tennis: she plays good spreading rallies, while Jankovic looks like more of a counterpuncher - solid but unspectacular.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/)

gillibean
Aug 13th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Ivanovic!

Dexter
Aug 13th, 2005, 08:31 AM
No doubt that Ana is better!! :bounce:

farini
Aug 13th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I like them both, but Ana more :)