PDA

View Full Version : Who's Coming?

416_Man
Jul 31st, 2005, 04:59 PM
I'm going for the entire week from the Saturday to Championship Sunday. Who else is coming :D

Anik
Jul 31st, 2005, 05:44 PM
maybe saturday
for sure sunday, monday, tuesday ^^

vw.
Jul 31st, 2005, 06:24 PM
Im there for Quarterfinal Friday... Hope i see VEE!

Paldias
Jul 31st, 2005, 08:41 PM
I'm going for the Monday, Tuesday night sessions and then the Semi-Finals and Finals! :D

guycan
Jul 31st, 2005, 09:35 PM
I'll be there for Qualifying Saturday, Monday, and perhaps two other rounds. Trying to see if I can watch Mary play.

Darop.
Jul 31st, 2005, 10:59 PM
I'm getting to Canada on Monday, going in Tuesday, I think evening session :D

Wiggly
Jul 31st, 2005, 11:19 PM
I think I goes Monday and maybe Tuesday if Iveta comes :)

~CANUCK~
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:04 PM
Im hopeing to get there for qualies.

Farina Elia Fan
Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
I'm getting to Canada on Monday, going in Tuesday, I think evening session :D

thats quite scary because I arrive in canada on the monday, and am going on tuesday and wednesday

Darop.
Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:38 PM
thats quite scary because I arrive in canada on the monday, and am going on tuesday and wednesday

cool lol, maybe we'll crash in the air :scared:

Where are you landing?

Paldias
Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:25 AM

Where are you landing?

:rolleyes: It has nothing to do with Toronto or Pearson Airport. It was all about the aircraft malfunctioning and Air France aircraft and besides they tried to land during a lighting/thunder storm :o

Don't worry :) that much... ;)

Darop.
Aug 3rd, 2005, 10:44 AM
:rolleyes: It has nothing to do with Toronto or Pearson Airport. It was all about the aircraft malfunctioning and Air France aircraft and besides they tried to land during a lighting/thunder storm :o

Don't worry :) that much... ;)

lol, I know, just kidding :p

At least now I have less chances of crashing tho, I mean, 2 crashes in 1 week? come on :D ;)

Randy H
Aug 3rd, 2005, 04:43 PM
I'll be there Saturday-Tuesday :)

polishprodigy
Aug 4th, 2005, 12:32 AM
I'll be there Saturday-Tuesday :)

Really? Me too! Wow, what a coincidence! ;) :p

416_Man
Aug 4th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Do you guys come just to watch tennis, or get autographs and pictures, or a mix of both?

Randy H
Aug 4th, 2005, 03:13 AM
Do you guys come just to watch tennis, or get autographs and pictures, or a mix of both?

I tend to do a bit of everything personally - I like seeing players I haven't seen before, and I also like to sometimes get autographs or photographs too, they are better souvenirs than an article of clothing or items with a tournament logo on them for me anyway. :)

Barrie_Dude
Aug 4th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Health reasons rule me out

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 4th, 2005, 04:09 AM
UIm so sad I can't go :sad:

Paldias
Aug 5th, 2005, 02:11 AM
I've decided to go on Wednesday as well from 10-5 :D

416_Man
Aug 5th, 2005, 02:55 AM
I've been the past two years for the entire week and I find that Saturday, Wednesday, and Thursday are hands down the best days. Saturday is good for seeing future players, and stars that come out early to practise. Plus there are fewer people there than during the week, so autographs and pictures are good to get. Wednesday has some good second round matches and the majority of doubles is usually played then, and singles players often do very well here in Toronto's doubles (I remember Ruano and Suarez losing to Kim and Dokic on a PACKED Court 3/4). Thursday, I find the best day for tennis with the third round matches played, and the schedulers tend to put the big names on Centre Court even if their opponents SUCKs. That way Court 1 has some great ones (ie. front row for one of the first meetings between Myskina v. Dementieva). Monday absolutely is the worst day. Last year at Tennis Masters Toronto, there were like no matches, and especially this year since the top 8 get byes, so Canadian for sure going to lose WCs are put on Centre Court.

If you're not sure when to go, that might help :).

Paldias
Aug 5th, 2005, 04:24 AM
I love to see Marie-Eve play Centre Court live. I'm so looking forward to that. Because everytime I watch TV she comes so close and now I'm looking forward to seeing her finally break through and win a match in Toronto. :)

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 5th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Well it might seem like I might come finally :eek: Sat to tuesday, and 416_man, i want to come on the monday only to see those canadians WCs ;)

416_Man
Aug 5th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Well it might seem like I might come finally :eek: Sat to tuesday, and 416_man, i want to come on the monday only to see those canadians WCs ;)

Really? I think Marie-Eve is playing awful tennis lately, so I'm not sure if she will be as much of a threat- especially to think she could play Kim Clijsters first round :help:. Dubois had a 1st round loss in the 75k against Poutchek but made the Lexington final. The ones I'm excited to see are Wozniak and Fichman because I find the juniors/or recent juniors play the most relaxed, going for their shots, and confident with their games. It's only a week and a day away- I'm so exited :D:D:D.

Farina Elia Fan
Aug 5th, 2005, 10:55 PM

Where are you landing?

toronto

Maryamator
Aug 6th, 2005, 12:00 PM
sesil Is Playing!

matthieu_tennis
Aug 7th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Really? I think Marie-Eve is playing awful tennis lately, so I'm not sure if she will be as much of a threat- especially to think she could play Kim Clijsters first round :help:. Dubois had a 1st round loss in the 75k against Poutchek but made the Lexington final. The ones I'm excited to see are Wozniak and Fichman because I find the juniors/or recent juniors play the most relaxed, going for their shots, and confident with their games. It's only a week and a day away- I'm so exited :D:D:D.
thats seems fichman like to go with slice and moonball so going for her shot is not very true lol
lets go dubois :bounce: :hearts:

maxomax
Aug 7th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Fichman got a wild card? Where do you read it? Hope it is true :)

416_Man
Aug 7th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Fichman got a wild card? Where do you read it? Hope it is true :)

For sure won't be getting a MD WC, but they mentioned something either last year or earlier this year (following her Grade A Jr. win) that she was going to be in the draw. Worst comes to worst, she'll be like Polansky from last year and go to the event as an alternate in qualifying and hit with anyone that wants to.

beauty_is_pink
Aug 8th, 2005, 02:11 AM
I'll be there for the Sunday for sure :D .. not sure about the weekdays

vw.
Aug 8th, 2005, 02:22 AM
I'll be there for Qualifying Saturday, Monday, and perhaps two other rounds. Trying to see if I can watch Mary play.
Have fun !!
Qualifying is one of the best times to go! You get real up and close to the players AND the stars practising! Hope you meet some big stars!

I had the opportinity to do that in Montreal at the Mens event!

ZAK
Aug 8th, 2005, 02:45 AM
I'll be there for the Sunday for sure :D .. not sure about the weekdays

You must see Tati!

beauty_is_pink
Aug 8th, 2005, 03:35 AM
You must see Tati!
oh for sure!
I won't disappoint ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 9th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Fichman won't be in the main draw, that's for sure. 416_man, steph didn't lose to poutchek but potuchkova who reached the finals there. And steph was terrbily sick with a horrible headache. With her final in Lexington, i think we can clearly say she is the one Wc to watch in the main draw, motre than mara and aleks :wavey:

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 9th, 2005, 08:39 PM
And I still love my Mara to death, I'll be yelling for her like crazy for sure!

416_Man
Aug 9th, 2005, 08:43 PM
For sure Fichman won't be in the MD, but I think she will be getting a QD WC because late last year everyone (in the OTA) was hyping her up. I'm far more excited to see Aleks because she's had some very good results and has done well in qualifying in some tour events. Dubois has not played very much tour level this year, right? And Marie-Eve needs something. She has been down and out since Marseille with very few to none wins :sad:. But are you coming? :wavey:

crazillo
Aug 10th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Not going. :sad: But CD will give a letter to Maggie for me. :)

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 11th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Yes 416_man im coming finally :D Saturday to Tuesday :D Steph indeed didn't play much in tour level, but her challenger results are far superiror to Aleks, and Aleks' qualifying in bogota wasn't against much adversity ;) I hope all of those three will have a good draw!

416_Man
Aug 11th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Yes 416_man im coming finally :D Saturday to Tuesday :D Steph indeed didn't play much in tour level, but her challenger results are far superiror to Aleks, and Aleks' qualifying in bogota wasn't against much adversity ;) I hope all of those three will have a good draw!

I think that as much as Dubois' playing has been superior to other Canadians, that her only playing challengers has to hurt her. She hasn't played a tour level event and psychologically it must do something to her. Aleks has played a lot of big matches from semis of big junior events to even qualies of tour events. So in that level she has to be in shape, I just don't understand why Dubois does not play more smaller level WTA events.

polishprodigy
Aug 11th, 2005, 02:40 AM
I think that as much as Dubois' playing has been superior to other Canadians, that her only playing challengers has to hurt her. She hasn't played a tour level event and psychologically it must do something to her. Aleks has played a lot of big matches from semis of big junior events to even qualies of tour events. So in that level she has to be in shape, I just don't understand why Dubois does not play more smaller level WTA events.

Let us not forget that the then 15 or 16 year old Dubois played two years ago in Toronto, winning her first round of qualifying match over qualy seed Evie Dominikovic (who was just beginning her slump). Dubois then lost in 3 sets to Dally Randriantefy in the Qualifying round on centre court. I was really impressed with Stephanie's game, I just thought she was too tempermental at times ;) If she gets a good draw, I think she has the potential to upset a top 100 player (lets hope she draws a Qualifier!)

TM
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:24 AM
I'll see you all week :D