PDA

View Full Version : What will be the score if you play against her?

Chunchun
Jul 31st, 2005, 11:49 AM
let's find sth to chat lol :p

i think i will lose 6-2 6-0 , those two games are LenaD losing her serve to love :tape:

Dementinator
Jul 31st, 2005, 04:25 PM
well i cant play tennis so like ED says I will get poss one game due to lena letting me have one! then again ,shes serving less dfs so maybe not! 6-0 6-0 then.

Honestly i couldnt see any non pro player getting any games off her unless she gifts them,shes more powerful than any non pros I have ever seen ,men or women,and even her serve,whilst not good in the upper levels of the pro game is gonna be 1000s times better than most club players and those forehands? well forget it ,shes gonna kick ya ass!

Mathijs
Jul 31st, 2005, 04:50 PM
Guess i'll get a double bagel against Lena, losing twice 0-6 0-6, maybe i can win one game but her groundstrokes are too damn fast for me ;)

Paco
Jul 31st, 2005, 09:04 PM
For sure it will be 0-6 0-6.
MAybe if Lena will be nice I win 1 game :)

No Name Face
Jul 31st, 2005, 11:37 PM
6-0, 0-6, 6-0

oh yeah, upset of the year :devil:

nah...i'd lose love and love

seahawker
Aug 1st, 2005, 05:45 AM
I've never lost to anyone 6-0, 6-0 so I'd like to believe I could get a game just on the fact that Elena might double fault on the very unlikely chance that I might get the score to be 30-40 on Elena's serve. I'll wake up from my dream now.

Chunchun
Aug 1st, 2005, 05:47 AM
you'll not lose 0-6 0-6 anyway :scratch: Lena will serve 4 DF in a row :lol:

well jk :p we all know that LenaD has improved her serve a lot :angel: :banana: *but not in big matches* :tape:

Vamos Feńa
Aug 1st, 2005, 08:04 AM
*but not in big matches* :tape:
Unfortunately you're true E.D :sad:
IMO I would lose 0/6 0/6 depends on Lena's day :P if she could play like she did against Dulko in Canada I could win a game ;)

miffedmax
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:48 PM
0-6, 0-6, and hopelessly in :hearts: love.

Seriously, the guys around here wouldn't even be able to keep an eye on the ball long enough to make any calls (assuming it's a friendly game with no officials) let alone try and return it.

Veritas
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:49 PM
Elena will probably win 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, since I'm just as bad on my service game, so there won't be one single hold of serve...just breaks :)

selyoink
Aug 1st, 2005, 03:10 PM
Since I don't play tennis I would lose 6-0, 6-0.

miffedmax
Aug 1st, 2005, 03:21 PM
RE: Elena's serv

Guys, there is a rumor that some guy who thought he was a pretty good player managed to get a bet that if he could return an Anna K. serve, she'd have to got out with him. She aced him 4 straight times.

Like I said in GM, I once played on a court adjacent to two women ranked in the 80s-90s. Even if you've watched a pro match up close, you really have no idea how hard and accurate the pros hit unless you've hit against one (I haven't) or hit next to one and seen what their shots are doing versus what your shots are doing. Trust me, you aren't even going to SEE 90% of what is coming at you from a Top 10 player.

I know we're just joking around, but your chances of taking a point, let alone game off Lena are but about as good as my chances of becoming the main Max in her entourage.

Dementinator
Aug 1st, 2005, 03:39 PM
I am with Max on this one ,I saw some gals practicing at eastbourne ,Sprem ,and a few other top 100 players ,neither of them anywhere near Elenas build or strength and the balls were flying! absolutely rocketing ,compared to players I have seen at local courts ,its a whole different thing.

It would be possible to get a point of Elena purely by shes bound to hit a DF at some point ,but you certainly aint gonna out hit her ,she may be a "girl" and some guys out there fancy their chances ,but htis aint no ordinary "girl" this ones 6 feet tall and very strong and fast ,so ,no chance unless you are a pro player ya self!

But my god!! Wouldnt it be fun to have a go anyways!!!

seahawker
Aug 1st, 2005, 05:05 PM
I saw Andy Roddick on a practice court at the US Open last year just absolutely killing the ball. Yeah, he's Andy Roddick, and yeah, he was trying to hit it as hard as he could just goofing around, but you really have NO idea what it's really like until you are either watching right there in person or at the receiving end of one of those pro hits. I'm sure most could get a racket on the ball sometimes, maybe score a point ... bottom line -- get practicing!

Fearful Jesuit
Aug 1st, 2005, 06:57 PM
maybe I could hit an ace :lol:
but in a squash match, um, I serve & volley really well! :rolls:

sandra_c
Aug 1st, 2005, 07:25 PM
0 6 1 6 coz she is nice and will let me take one game :)

miffedmax
Aug 1st, 2005, 07:29 PM
Here's how an imaginary match between Lena D. and me might pan out.

Lena: "Why are you behind me? I 'm about to serve.

Me: "Oh, who, me? Say, is that the same outfit you wore at Roland Garros?" (max's mental image attached)

Lena: "No, you perv. Get on your side of net.

Me: "All right, all right. Hey, want to make this more interesting?

Lena: "God, yes."

Max: "Okay, let's make a bet. If I return one of your serves, I get to bite your nose."

Lena: "What?"

Max: "Not hard. More of a nip . . .

Lena: "NO!"

Max: "Okay, okay, forget I asked. Go ahead and serve."

Lena: "I did."

Max: "No you didn't."

Lena: "Yes, I did. Ball is right there. (she points to ball)

Max: "Oh. I must have distracted.

Lena: "By what?"

Max (thinks: Man, if I admit I was trying to see down her top she's going to stuff that racket down my throat down my throat head first. I better lie).

"I thought I saw Myskina over there."

Lena: "She's in Moscow."

Max: "Okay, now I'm ready."

Lena: "I served already."

Max: "Where?"

Lena: "Right there."

Max (accidently knocks water jug over, soaking ball).

Max: "It's all wet. How do I know Patrick didn't just drop it over here?"

Lena: "Patrick is in Moscow, too!"

Max: Okay, so it's 30-love. speaking of love . . .

Lena: "Don't. You'll only hurt yourself. And it's 40 love. I served again."

Max: "It hit a crack. Can we play a let?

Lena: :mad:

Max: "Wow. You're really cute when your mad."

Lena: :fiery:

Lena: "Game."

Max: "Wow. At least 11 more of these to go. You know, I'm lucky that you're such a sweet, lovely person. A lot of people would have beaten the crap out of me for being so obnoxious."

Lena: "You are right, Max. I am very sweet and patient and kind. Bad news for you: other Max is not.

Max: "uh-oh. . ."

@m@nd@
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:15 AM
hahaha nice imaginary match :lol:

id probably lose 0-6 0-6...
if elena serves first then maybe 1-6 0-6..since she usually loses her opening service game :tape:

Vamos Feńa
Aug 2nd, 2005, 06:39 AM
I am with Max on this one ,I saw some gals practicing at eastbourne ,Sprem ,and a few other top 100 players ,neither of them anywhere near Elenas build or strength and the balls were flying! absolutely rocketing ,compared to players I have seen at local courts ,its a whole different thing.
Now imagine how hard my Fernando hits the ball :eek: :D Would love to have his forehand and that power in his arm :D

Alenyaa
Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:18 AM
:worship: Max :worship:
6-0 6-0 no doubt. Maybe if she'd be playing with a badmintonracket I would stand a chance! :lol:

strato
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:36 PM
Max, great report of your match vs Elena !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think I could take a couple games against her :cool: (if I manage to remove my eyes from her!!) ... remember Max, Captain and Seahawker that watching a player and playing against him/her is completely different : I often watch my opponents training while thinking "OMG, that guy seems invincible, he hits so hard, etc..." but when I face them I realize they're not that impressing... ;)
Anyway, like all of you, I would be crushed by Lena :lol: :o !!

Justie
Aug 8th, 2005, 06:54 AM
haha,it's interesting
I'd lose 0-6 0-6 for sure
anyhow,I'd be extremely happy :hearts:

Mightymirza
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:01 AM
0 6 2 6 i think..coz at 0 6 0 5 15 40 ill take injury timeout for nothing and am sure she will lose her concentration for a bit and then hand over the game and then losing her serve to 0 in the next but then shell break right back at 0 and take the match..

Fearful Jesuit
Aug 8th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I was thinking about this and I must change the score i predicted...
I'd lose 0-1, maybe 0-2 ret...
I have pride :lol:

Dementinator
Aug 8th, 2005, 04:05 PM
well to take a cue from Max..my match as follows

Lena...right here we go..

Me...WAIT !!! WAIT!! what ever is that!

Lena..what???

Me...Dont move!! I think i see the greater spotted mojave beetle!!! on your behind!!

Lena...Oh is it dangerous!!!

me...Yes for god sake dont move ,I am comming to remove it now..

Lena...does it really require you to grope my bottom?

me...yes it may have bitten you so i need to "massage" the area ,to stop the poison spreading....

Lena...hmmm not sure about this (whips round and grabs my hand)

me ...ooooow my my thats some grip you have!!

Lena...yes indeed , now get back over to your side of the net and play!!

me....just one more little....WHUMPPP!!! lights out!! bye bye time!!!

Dementirilenko
Aug 12th, 2005, 08:23 PM
let's find sth to chat lol :p

i think i will lose 6-2 6-0 , those two games are LenaD losing her serve to love :tape:

I think I would loose to her in the same way, maybe I would get one more game

Alenyaa
Aug 13th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Nice try Captain, but she's not stupid :lol: