PDA

View Full Version : The San Diego draw is out!

Guedero
Jul 30th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Hey guys,

the draw is out at
http://www.acuraclassic.com/Sched-Results/Draw/PDFs/San_Diego_SMD.pdf,
she'll have a tough game against either Danilidou or Groenefeld who just beat Dechy. She actually could play Nathalie in the next round. We'll see but she has a good chance, I see her among the potential winners with davenport (if she plays) and Clijsters.

Scotso
Jul 30th, 2005, 03:00 AM
I don't think those players can contend with Mary's power. Being in Davenport's section is good I think.

Guedero
Jul 30th, 2005, 03:05 AM
maybe the word tough was an overstatement, I meant that this first round was not gonna be very easy. But anyway I hope that Mary is gonna start her hard court season as well as possible, since when hasn't she won a big title, RG 2000, isnt'it????

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 30th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Dechy - Pierce :eek:

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 30th, 2005, 08:07 AM
What a first match for Mary !
Daniilidou is back on shape and Groenefeld is in the semis in Stanford ...
Mary has to be at her best to win this match, what a test !

The result of this first match will give us a good idea of Mary's shape for sure !
I hope she's ok and ready to show her power :drool:

Go Mary, a hard draw for an awesome performance ! :bounce:

MaryPierceFan
Jul 30th, 2005, 09:20 AM
It's a good draw. I'm not worried about the 1st match. The test will be in the SF. I like the draw.

Lu_Weird
Jul 30th, 2005, 10:16 AM
It's a good draw..but chanllengful as well...first round..even seond round Dulko is a danger who defeat Mary just this tournment last year!!!! But Mary has coming back..She can win anyone!!!!!!!!!!

Andy.
Jul 30th, 2005, 11:07 AM
It is a challenging draw but Mary should not face any real problems untill dementieva then if Mary can step her game up she will be a definate contender late into this tournament. Good luck Mary do your best.

sebbe
Jul 30th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I'm a bit worried about Mary's first match, probably against Grönefeldt. She seams to be in good shape and is playing great tennis. And this is Mary's first tournament on hardcourt this summer so it could be hard.

I wonder what will happen if Davenport withdraws, will she be replaced by a lucky looser or will they change the seedes?

Andy.
Jul 30th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Mary is ussually good though against young players who try to play the game that she has been playing for over 10 years ie power against her.

DomenicDemaria
Jul 30th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Hopefully ALG is tired from this week. She is schelded to play both singles and doubles in the night seesion. I agree with MightyMashaFan that Mary does well against youngsters and hopefully she can do well this week. I am a bit wooried that Davenport will withdraw and if she withdraw's before the first round is played Dememtieva will be moved out of Mary's section and Schynder will replace her. I know that we should take it one round at a time but Dementieva is better than Schynder. Hopefully Davenport does not withdraw and if she does she withdraws late so that other players are not moved.

saby
Jul 30th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I think it's a good draw Mary has chances to do well here !!

Elldee
Jul 30th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Hopefully ALG is tired from this week. She is schelded to play both singles and doubles in the night seesion. I agree with MightyMashaFan that Mary does well against youngsters and hopefully she can do well this week. I am a bit wooried that Davenport will withdraw and if she withdraw's before the first round is played Dememtieva will be moved out of Mary's section and Schynder will replace her. I know that we should take it one round at a time but Dementieva is better than Schynder. Hopefully Davenport does not withdraw and if she does she withdraws late so that other players are not moved.

They can't change the draw, a lucky loser would/will take Lindsay's place.

Scotso
Jul 30th, 2005, 03:41 PM
They would promote whoever would be the next seed to Davenport's place, and a LL would take that person's place.

Oermi
Jul 30th, 2005, 04:27 PM
i hope mary will do well at san diego.. :)
c'mon girl !!

mamno_MARYFAN
Jul 30th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Mary is ussually good though against young players who try to play the game that she has been playing for over 10 years ie power against her.

Good point!!!:worship:

mamno_MARYFAN
Jul 30th, 2005, 05:31 PM
The draw's not bad...Mary has a reasonably great chance and hopefully will be on top of her game when she starts her match....

As always...I hope Mary will be relaxed and fully concentrated...take the tourney match by match....Kim and Lindsay will be tough...but if Mary rises to the occasion she can do it!!!:worship:

GO MARY!!!!!!!!!!:angel:

Andy.
Jul 31st, 2005, 12:46 AM
Mary should have full confidence back now like she had back in her hey days. She is a top player again and should feel really confident after her last 2 grandslam performences.

Mark Spruce
Jul 31st, 2005, 12:59 AM
Best of luck Mary

As I always say now, Have fun and one match at a time

Mark

sebbe
Jul 31st, 2005, 01:07 AM
Lindsay has decided to play so we can forget the discussion about a different draw for Mary, it will be Dementieva in the quaters.

But I really think that the second round will be a tough test for Mary. It will be interesting.

ms_nut
Jul 31st, 2005, 04:04 AM
Mary actually has a compariatively tough draw..
Look at the lower half so weak...
The russians down there... Mary could just cakewalk that draw...

Sunny_Boy
Jul 31st, 2005, 05:18 AM
Mary has a tough draw
Both ALG and Eleni have been in great form lately but i won't look further then that in the draw because it won't get any easier

saby
Jul 31st, 2005, 11:30 AM
Mary has a tough draw
Both ALG and Eleni have been in great form lately but i won't look further then that in the draw because it won't get any easier

one match at the time....

atoutix
Jul 31st, 2005, 12:05 PM
What a first match for Mary !
Daniilidou is back on shape and Groenefeld is in the semis in Stanford ...
Mary has to be at her best to win this match, what a test !

The result of this first match will give us a good idea of Mary's shape for sure !
I hope she's ok and ready to show her power :drool:

Go Mary, a hard draw for an awesome performance ! :bounce:

yes, hard ...come on Maryyyyyyyyyyyyyy :bounce:

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 31st, 2005, 08:41 PM
Just to say that Franch Eurosport'commentator said during the Venus vs Kim final that Lindsay MAY return for LOS ANGELES, as Serena ... !

It seems like Lindsay has already pulled out of San Diego, but perhaps tournament and wta don't want to say it for the moment, to keep a tough draw until the last moment ... Stupid, for sure, but it's commercial u know, and they only want to sell a lot of tickets :rolleyes:

Go Mary :bounce:

sebbe
Jul 31st, 2005, 08:55 PM
I think it doesn't matter if Davenport play or not. I don't think that Davenport would get through against Clijsters, especially not now if she has an injury in her back. I just hope Mary can get through a few rounds and build up her confindence on hardcourt. In fact if Mary reach the quaters I think Elena is one of the better player for Mary to face, because she has such a weak serve and Mary can really attack it. But I guess we have to wait and see. I just hope Mary can be free from injuries and stay healthy, that is the most important thing during this time of year.

flea
Jul 31st, 2005, 09:28 PM
New draws.....!!!

http://www.wtatour.com/global/includes/TrackIt.asp?file=/global/Pdfs/events/2005/sandiego_draws.pdf

saby
Jul 31st, 2005, 09:39 PM
Mary and Marion, well why not!!

sebbe
Jul 31st, 2005, 09:44 PM
Well, I guess it is better for Mary if she faces Schnyder.

And yeah, why not, Mary and Marion. Could be interesting.

raquel
Jul 31st, 2005, 10:19 PM
Good luck Mary :hug:

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 31st, 2005, 10:58 PM
Hey hey, good surprise Mary and Marion :drool:

It's perhaps a test for the fed cup final, because it's clear that Marion and Mary are the best double players in France ! (Loit is playing too bad to be in the team !)

Then, Marion is a really good partner, she always plays good doubles match and i'm not sure but i think she reached the semi in the Us Open a few years ago with Casanova !
So i clearly expect this new team to win their first round against THE "charismatic" duo ( :rolleyes: ) with SALERNI ( :eek: ) and VENTO KABCHI ( :bolt: ) !
Then, hard second round ... i notice that Mary ALWAYS has tough draw in double, with seed in second round ! Even in Wimbledon when she won the mixed double, she and Mahesh were to face Blacks in the second round (they were defending (and defeated :lick: ) champions !)

Well, shut up Wizzy ! Good Luck to Mary in singles, in doubles, have fun, have sun, and kick asses :angel: :angel: :angel:

Guedero
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:33 AM
Mary number 5 seed at San Diego!!! Who'd have thought so a couple of months back??? The draw is a bit depleted with all these players ruling out, Clijsters is the obvious favorite especially after her victory at stanford against venus, but mary has as good chances as people like kuznetsova or schnyder. C'mon Mary!

Mark Spruce
Aug 1st, 2005, 04:04 AM
Hey I think that it is good news that Mary will play with Marion. I guess they must of spoke with the Fed Captain about this ??

Mary is 5th seed. Good luck Mary.

Hey Wizzy. DO NOT SHUT UP You talk good sense.

regards

Mark

DomenicDemaria
Aug 1st, 2005, 06:21 AM
They can't change the draw, a lucky loser would/will take Lindsay's place.

Yer they can and they have. Davenport has withdrawn and the seeds have been changed as I have stated above.

Mary playing with Marion is good news!!!!

Declan
Aug 1st, 2005, 06:47 AM
I hope Mary plays (and wins, obviously!) a doubles match before her first singles match, after her long break. Given her first round bye, I think that's likely, fortunately.

MaryPierceFan
Aug 1st, 2005, 07:10 AM
To be honest it was better before. I prefer Dementieva than Schnyder. Schnyder is always a tough opponent and she is in a good form now. She is playing great. Mary has to be on top to beat her. But I hope she is! Mary is great!
But doubles with Bartoli! :rolleyes: :confused: ;)

Declan
Aug 1st, 2005, 08:38 AM
To be honest it was better before. I prefer Dementieva than Schnyder. Schnyder is always a tough opponent and she is in a good form now. She is playing great. Mary has to be on top to beat her. But I hope she is! Mary is great!
But doubles with Bartoli! :rolleyes: :confused: ;)

Me too -I'm itching for Mary to play and beat Dementieva!

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 1st, 2005, 09:32 AM
Bartoli is a really good player, stop to pessimistic !

Mary has played with Mikaelian, that's not better :tape: :rolleyes:

So i saw the rankings and Dechy is just behind Mary in Porshe Race (Dechy is 11) and in the Entry system (14 : Mary -- 15 : Dechy) !

A victory of Mary over Dechy would be really interesting for her rankings :angel: (and for her confidence, and to show who's the best :cool: ).

Hope Mary will have a good week, i miss her :hearts: :hearts:

Edman
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:41 AM
can't wait to see mary's on court!!!!

I really want to see her to beat Lena. E in the quarterfinals!!!!

Mark Spruce
Aug 1st, 2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah I am sure that Mary could take advantage of Dementieva's weak serve.

Mark

p.s ONE MATCH AT A TIME

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 1st, 2005, 08:03 PM
BUT MARY WILL PLAY SCHNYDER and not Dementieva :rolleyes:

Vote for Mary in PYW (pick your winner) !
She is struggling with Groenefeld ! Hurry up :eek:

there : just write "Mary Pierce" : http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=5879576&posted=1#post5879576

ms_nut
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:43 AM
Mary now plays Patty...if they meet in the quarters i.e..
Good in a way for Mary b/c she has to beat her to take a lead over Patty in the rankings...
As for Dechy, Pierce has never lost to her .. so:):)

danilidou or AnnaLena the big serving German.. now that will be tough b/c Mary typically struggles against big servers..(Vakulenko)
Still she's the favourite..:hearts::hearts::bounce::bounce:

saby
Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:04 AM
Mary now plays Patty...if they meet in the quarters i.e..
Good in a way for Mary b/c she has to beat her to take a lead over Patty in the rankings...
As for Dechy, Pierce has never lost to her .. so:):)

danilidou or AnnaLena the big serving German.. now that will be tough b/c Mary typically struggles against big servers..(Vakulenko)
Still she's the favourite..:hearts::hearts::bounce::bounce:

Mary VS Patty - 4/2 - (G 1/1 - GC 0/1 - RC 3/0) no Hard Court matches
3 matches were in 3 sets, Mary won 2 of 3,

Mary VS Nat - 3/0 - (GC 1/0 - HC 1/0 - G 1/0)

Mary VS Eleni - 2/0 - (GC 1/0 - G 1/0)

Mary VS A-Lena - 0/0

DomenicDemaria
Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:16 AM

Mark

p.s ONE MATCH AT A TIME

I don't agree, I think Mary prefers pace and that is why she does so well against youngsters becuase they give pace. I saw her play Cohen Aloro (cough! hack! cough!) at the AO and she did not like the slow pace she was given. She had no pace to work with and she made a stack of errors.

I agree we should take it one match at a time. We don't know that both Patty and Mary will make the quarters.

Oermi
Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:17 AM
i hope Mary plays Anna Lena because i like both of them :)
of course i hope Mary wins! she is still my FAVOURITE :hearts:
;)

Piotrek
Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:47 PM
Good luck in San Diego Mary :)

Andy.
Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
I don't agree, I think Mary prefers pace and that is why she does so well against youngsters becuase they give pace. I saw her play Cohen Aloro (cough! hack! cough!) at the AO and she did not like the slow pace she was given. She had no pace to work with and she made a stack of errors.

I agree we should take it one match at a time. We don't know that both Patty and Mary will make the quarters.

Thats 100% right Mary thrives on these young power players because although their power is pretty good they are up against one of the pioneers of power tennis and Mary has the experience. Good luck Mary

sebbe
Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:30 PM
Mary will play her first singlematch on wednesday. She is playing double tonight, I hope they can get through to next round.

Oermi
Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:38 PM
i pray to god :angel: :lol:

Mark Spruce
Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:49 PM
Best of luc to you Mary. The doubles match will loosen Mary up a bit and get her ready for tommorow.

I hope they can make the next round

mark

rsunderji
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:37 PM
Yes yes one match at a time, I say let's just enjoy that she is ranked higher and that she is in the thick of things...Lets go Mary!

ashwu
Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:29 PM
there will be a new article called "Pierce eager to achieve goals" soon on yahoo.

Mark Spruce
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:15 PM
how do you know that Ash ??

Mark

sebbe
Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:55 AM
Mary in some kind of health panel this afternoon in San Diego!

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photos_rx/pierce_7704_rx.jpg

ashwu
Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:17 AM
how do you know that Ash ??

Mark

they said so on the frontpage. but i still don't see it :(

Oermi
Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:49 PM
they said so on the frontpage. but i still don't see it :(

it's posted on Mark's page!!

Mark Spruce
Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:03 PM
oh yes i found it later jejej

Mark

atoutix
Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:24 PM

Mark

p.s ONE MATCH AT A TIME

yes , but Dementieva has lost her first match against Peng :eek: what a surprise ...

the next match :Mary/Groenefeld

Alllezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Maryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :bounce:

atoutix
Aug 4th, 2005, 12:58 PM
C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N mARYYYYYYYY :bounce: ..a very good match againt Gronefeld..There /s nothing to say about that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

Allezzzzzzzzzzzzzz Maryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :hearts:

Andy.
Aug 4th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Mary is in awesome form its great to see her so incharge. Good luck against Dechy