PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay in San Diego

Robbie.
Jul 30th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Well we don't even know if she is going to play but the draw gods have given her a nice little present to look forward to if she does - a quarterfinal with KFC.

This is getting beyond a joke now :lol:

416_Man
Jul 30th, 2005, 02:34 AM
And Peng second round. This draw bites, I hope she withdraws and waits for a good draw she deserves.

Lindsayfan32
Jul 30th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Robbie I don't think we'll have to worry as Lindsay has said she is less than 50 percent to play and now she going to put everything into being healthy fir the US Open and why I am not suprised she has drawn Kim. She has played Venus 27 times she will be up that against Kim by the end of the year at the rate they are going.

azmad_88
Jul 30th, 2005, 07:28 AM
if lindsay withdraws that will confrim maria's number 1 right?
well all the best lindsay..i think she will have one week of rest before her 2nd round match next week..take care and make a wise desicion lindsay

RayRob
Jul 30th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I'm still not convinced that she'll play - I mean, to not get a game at all out of those 5 against Groenefeld....that tells a story in itself!

She said she'll know by Sunday, so we still have at least another 24 hours to wait before she makes her final desicion. I'd rather her not play to be honest, especially if she's going to have to face Kim - again!?!?!?!?! - in the Quarterfinals. I'd rather Lindsay be 100% fit and 100% there :D

-Rache

Elldee
Jul 30th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Lindsay'll need to be 100% to play Kim so I don't think she should play either and concentrate on getting back for LA. Lindsay and Kim are by far the best players in the draw, followed by Mary Pierce, and they're all the top half.

alibaby
Jul 30th, 2005, 12:55 PM
yes,i would say so too!but,as she said her chances playing are less than 50-50,i dont think,she will risk it!!better prepare for the UO!how great would that be,if she could lift the title there!!kind of fairytale after that season,right??so,linny i wish you all the best health,and hope i see you soon again!!i need you!! :kiss: :hearts:

jacs
Jul 30th, 2005, 04:07 PM
She said she will decide by Sunday.

Andrew..
Jul 30th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Damn....that's one ugly draw.

I really think she'll pull out. I don't see how she can be ready to play by Wednesday, at the latest. Too bad, she'll probably lose #1 now. I want her to pull from all of these California tourneys and show up healthy with a WC at either Toronto or the US Open.

I'll be at the tournament on Wednesday and Thursday, so if she does end up playing, I'll be there for her first match against Peng.

Lindsayfan32
Jul 31st, 2005, 01:58 AM
if lindsay withdraws that will confrim maria's number 1 right?
well all the best lindsay..i think she will have one week of rest before her 2nd round match next week..take care and make a wise desicion lindsay

Ah no it won't as Maria has withdrawn for San diego aswell due to of all things a back injury (it must be catchy). Lindsay stays number one for another week. If I remeber correctly it will week 80 at number one altogether and week 42 in this stint if I've done the maths correctly.

Let's hope she can get healthy soon so Maria will earn the ranking not just take off Lindsay.

gsm
Jul 31st, 2005, 05:08 AM
I'll be there for her first match against Peng.
cheer loudly for me please! :bounce:

lindsayno1
Jul 31st, 2005, 08:11 AM
i cant believe shes playing! Shes got no chance against Kim if she gets that far

Lindsayfan
Jul 31st, 2005, 08:20 AM
i cant believe shes playing! Shes got no chance against Kim if she gets that far

wow thanks for the confidence in our Lindsay :rolleyes:

It's a great news that she's playing. Let's go Lindsay!!!! :bounce:

sweet_angel23
Jul 31st, 2005, 08:29 AM
has she fully recovered???
oh well, all the best for her...(",)

mwaaahhhuugggzzzz :kiss: :hug:

MaryPierceFan
Jul 31st, 2005, 08:35 AM
Cool! I'm very happy!

Ty-Ty
Jul 31st, 2005, 01:34 PM
Oh, what a horrible draw. Peng in the second round and then Kim. Wooooow.

I'm convinced that if she's going to retire, it'll most likely be against Peng, before she has to play Clijsters.

If she is fit, I hope she can take care of Peng better than she did at the FO. That match nearly killed me.
x________o

LindsayRocks89
Jul 31st, 2005, 05:55 PM
she should pull out because i don't think she will be ready by then. but if she does play i wish her the best of luck.

foreva lindsay
Jul 31st, 2005, 06:44 PM
oh god not KIM again...argggg :rolleyes:

GOOOO LINDSAY :D :kiss:

Loughyunijen
Jul 31st, 2005, 09:13 PM
Unfortunately Lindsay has withdrawn from Acura - Lets hope she gets better soon....and plays awesome at USO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!<blocparty>!
Jul 31st, 2005, 09:24 PM
Davenport added, “I look forward to returning to La Costa in 2006 and trying to win the title again."

:woohoo:

foreva lindsay
Jul 31st, 2005, 09:24 PM
:sobbing: When will her back heal :scared: rest up gal :hug:

Elldee
Jul 31st, 2005, 10:04 PM
Now Lindsay's withdrawn I'm pretty happy she drew Clijsters. It makes it less 'what if?' If she'd had a cakewalk draw to a final against Clijsters it would have been harder to take.

RayRob
Jul 31st, 2005, 10:58 PM
Yep, pretty glad she withdrew....I kinda knew she would. She had a tough draw so there was no point risking anything for it!

Hope it will heal 100% pretty soon though....it is quite worrying...

-Rache

jacs
Aug 1st, 2005, 02:05 AM
Rest up that back now Lindsay :)

rue
Aug 1st, 2005, 04:16 AM
she should rest and get herself ready for the next tournament. I hope that she is 100% for the US Open.

alibaby
Aug 1st, 2005, 08:56 AM
Yep, pretty glad she withdrew....I kinda knew she would. She had a tough draw so there was no point risking anything for it!

Hope it will heal 100% pretty soon though....it is quite worrying...

-Rache
absolutely!but the day will come,when she will be rewarded for all the trouble she had over the last years! :) hoping for your exciting comeback,linny-baby! :kiss: :hearts: but health comes always first,thats correct!

Ingokoer
Aug 1st, 2005, 09:24 AM
Of course it is better for Lindsay to withdraw an be 100% maybe in L.A. But after Sharapova and both Williams sisters also have withdrawn from San Diego, it would have been a good trip to the title for Lindsay, because only Kim is a real challenge.

If she also withdraws from L.A. next week, I hope she will enter at New Haven, because enter the US Open without any match practising on hard court is not so good in my eyes.

alibaby
Aug 1st, 2005, 09:40 AM
Of course it is better for Lindsay to withdraw an be 100% maybe in L.A. But after Sharapova and both Williams sisters also have withdrawn from San Diego, it would have been a good trip to the title for Lindsay, because only Kim is a real challenge.

If she also withdraws from L.A. next week, I hope she will enter at New Haven, because enter the US Open without any match practising on hard court is not so good in my eyes.
could be true...

lindsayno1
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:50 AM
she came to wimbledon without playing on grass and got to the final.

she came to RG and got to the quarters without playing any red clay events before hand....

416_Man
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:45 PM
she came to wimbledon without playing on grass and got to the final.

she came to RG and got to the quarters without playing any red clay events before hand....

With Wimbledon, not many players warm up at any of the tournaments before it and she simply has to practise that serve and she'll win a few rounds on that.

At Roland Garros, she didn't care much how she did and really could have easily lost in the second round. But, the practise from the green clay offers her atleast something.

On hard court, with so many other players having a full schedule with these events it requires her to be so much more fit mentally and physically. She wants to be a threat to win the Open, so skipping all the events can only do her harm to her chances and ranking. She should play, in my very biased opinion, Toronto because L.A. is incredibly weak and she has to play against the good players. Last year her run over Venus, Serena, Myskina, and so many more provided her with confidence. Toronto is going to have all those players and more, and if she has a really crappy 2nd Round loss she always go to New Haven as an absolute back up. Relying on New Haven, which will force to be playing atleast 10+ matches in the mattter of 2 and a half weeks is not good for that injury.

Elldee
Aug 1st, 2005, 02:10 PM
With Wimbledon, not many players warm up at any of the tournaments before it and she simply has to practise that serve and she'll win a few rounds on that.

At Roland Garros, she didn't care much how she did and really could have easily lost in the second round. But, the practise from the green clay offers her atleast something.

On hard court, with so many other players having a full schedule with these events it requires her to be so much more fit mentally and physically. She wants to be a threat to win the Open, so skipping all the events can only do her harm to her chances and ranking. She should play, in my very biased opinion, Toronto because L.A. is incredibly weak and she has to play against the good players. Last year her run over Venus, Serena, Myskina, and so many more provided her with confidence. Toronto is going to have all those players and more, and if she has a really crappy 2nd Round loss she always go to New Haven as an absolute back up. Relying on New Haven, which will force to be playing atleast 10+ matches in the mattter of 2 and a half weeks is not good for that injury.

I really don't think confidence is an issue for Lindsay anymore. 2002/3 Lindsay was beating those she should and then struggling against all the top girls in all events. Now, that's not a problem; she is bubbling with self belief. Playing Toronto before she's ready is not a good idea or if she thinks the conditions are conducive to injury. If she's healed in time she should go to LA and then if not there Toronto or New Haven. If she wants to give her back rest til the US Open it's risky in terms of gauging her back and going in cold but she is not going to be upset by anyone outside the top 10 after being on the tour for so many years and with the confidence wimbledon has given her. I don't think the arguement of testing herself against the top players holds any weight... she knows how she needs to play and what level she needs to be at.

I hope Lindsay comes back for a tournement and then the US Open and has a really good Fall season because she's chosen some great tournies to play and has a real chance to rack up the titles.

Kelly
Aug 1st, 2005, 03:38 PM
i'd just play new haven and the open...get a tourney in b4 the slam for match play and anoth 3 weeks to rest up the back.

Elldee
Aug 1st, 2005, 05:10 PM
i'd just play new haven and the open...get a tourney in b4 the slam for match play and anoth 3 weeks to rest up the back.

New Haven makes the most sense because it's both winnable and gives Lindsay a long recovery period from now. Whether she should play straight before a slam is another matter.