PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone...?

theheninfan
Apr 15th, 2002, 09:30 PM
I was just curious...has anyone had the good fortune to meet or run into Justine? If so, please share. If you have a pic, I would love to see it! :wavey: ...thanks!

Cassius
Apr 16th, 2002, 12:03 AM
Unfornately no. I went to Wimbledon 2001 and I got some autographs, but I just missed Justine.:sad:
BUT.....I did get Elena Dementieva, Lina Krasnoroutskaya, Anke Huber, Goran Ivanesevic and John McEnroe:D

theheninfan
Apr 18th, 2002, 11:56 AM
What was Goran and John like? Sorry 'bout missing Justine.

Cassius
Apr 19th, 2002, 11:31 PM
It was about an 1 hour before Goran's final, and when I got his autograph, I told him good luck and he smiled and said thanks.

John McEnroe just asked my name, and signed my program:
'To Matthew, have a great time. John McEnroe'.

Elena D was down-hearted because when I got hers, she had just lost in the 3rd round to.......Anke Huber. Huber, needless to say, was delighted because of her win. Both of them though smiled and said 'thank you for your support'. (Which was COOL).
Elena even recognised me! ME!!!!! Only because I'd been sat behind her mother for the entire match!!!!!!! But still, SHE REMEMBERED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (How cool is that, for your fave player to recognise you?!?!?!).:D

Lina K, though was my fave to look at up close, because she seemed to have a certain.......spark in her eyes that you don't see on TV. She also has a charming smile.:hearts:

I'm planning on going to Wimbledon again this year, to get some more autographs, and maybe get my pic taken with some stars!!!!!!! Wouldn't THAT be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katrientje
May 10th, 2002, 06:54 PM
When I went to the Diamondgames in Antwerp to see the match between bedanova and Mauresmo we got in really early and justine was practicing. After her training she took all the time in the world to meet the fans who were watching and sign autographs. I just couldn't believe how sweet and friendly she is. she had a smile and a word for everyone.

She's been my favourit since two years now, but since then I like her even more
:) :D

Lleyki
May 10th, 2002, 07:09 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:
I haven't seen Justine yet

per4ever
May 10th, 2002, 07:20 PM
she was just next to me in Brussels after her fed cup match against Pratt :D:D

Come-on-kim
May 10th, 2002, 08:03 PM
I saw Justine twice.

At the diamond games before Mauresmo vs Gubacsi, she was practising with Schnyder, Maleeva and Farina Elia. I saw her there. And at her final against Venus she was just next to me at the end!!

Brαm
May 11th, 2002, 08:52 AM
I saw Justine live at the Diamond Games.

* When Linda & I came in she was practising w/ her coach.
* Then we saw her match against Els Callens. She won pretty easily. After the match all her fans (including Linda & I) were waiting for her to come to us to sign autographs! But she ignored us! :mad: I was really dissappointed with her! She went to the other side to sign autographs & then left w/ some bodyguards! I guess they wanted her to leave soon (security rules :rolleyes: )

At least Els shouted "sorry maar 'k moe direct weg" (sorry but I've got to leave) to us LOL :D Els is so sweet :)

Come-on-kim
May 11th, 2002, 09:22 AM
In fact when I was next to her, it was when she was signing autographs after the final. We were only 3 peoples left and she didn't give us an autograph!!!!!:fiery: because the doubles final had to become. But what is 3 autographs???? it took less than 1 miunute but no, she left without giving us our autograph, I find this unfair for us!!!! We were only three!!!!

Brαm
May 11th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Hmm I guess Justine doesn't like signing autographs then, Axel. I feel sorry for you.

I'm sure Kim would've signed your paper! ;)

free
May 11th, 2002, 11:05 AM
hi all i am new to this board

many experiences with players some pics

http://www.geocities.com/belgiantennis/chladkova.jpg
very friendly person

http://www.geocities.com/belgiantennis/schnyder.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/belgiantennis/serna.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/belgiantennis/tulyaganova.jpg

ver nice person, we have talked about her win in vienna

http://www.geocities.com/belgiantennis/marrero.jpg

hopefully everybody can see these pics

angele87
May 11th, 2002, 12:13 PM
hey free :wavey: Welcome to the board... Nice pictures! where did you meet all those players?? Oh and you can't post pictures from Geocities but I right clicked and copied the address to view them :)

Come-on-kim
May 11th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by bram_born84
Hmm I guess Justine doesn't like signing autographs then, Axel. I feel sorry for you.

I'm sure Kim would've signed your paper! ;)
I know Bram!!! I think Kim is nicer than Justine!!!

Brαm
May 11th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Come-on-kim

I know Bram!!! I think Kim is nicer than Justine!!!

Yeah so do I. Kim likes signing autographs (as you could see after the Clijsters-Henin match in Melbourne) and she takes enough time for that. Justine seems to do because she's "obliged" to do it.

per4ever
May 11th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Welcom on board Free :)

katrientje
May 11th, 2002, 09:39 PM
I really don't agree that "signing more autographs" means that kim's a better person. You just don't know what's going on, or why they don't have the time to sign some papers.
When I saw juju practicing in antwerp she took all the time in the world afterwards to give autographs and she was friendly to everyone.
BTW Kim doesn't give autographs very often after a match she just lost closely, so I think it's normal that justine didn't give anyafter the QF in melbourne....
I thought we're all supporting both the girls. It's not not nice to see belgian posters say bad things about justine

Justinator
May 11th, 2002, 10:34 PM
I've seen Justine quite a few times

At Knokke in 2000
RG 2001
twice in Ciney 2001
Brilliant Game 2001
three times in Antwerp 2002 (two matches + practise session)

She always made time for autographs, of course she can't give autographs to every single people who wants one, you just have to be lucky to be on the right side.

I don't think there are a lot of players who sign autographs after they've lost, but Justine did sign autographs after her final in Antwerp, not?

And at most tournaments there are special autograph sessions, I don't think Justine ever said she didn't want to do that. In fact she likes the interaction with her fans.

Come-on-kim
May 12th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Yes, but we were only 3 people left!!!! She could have done it for us!!!!!

Yes, I think she signed autograph because we were in Belgium and because if the crowd hadn't cheer for her she would have lost in two sets!!!

Brαm
May 12th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by katrientje
I really don't agree that "signing more autographs" means that kim's a better person. You just don't know what's going on, or why they don't have the time to sign some papers.
When I saw juju practicing in antwerp she took all the time in the world afterwards to give autographs and she was friendly to everyone.
BTW Kim doesn't give autographs very often after a match she just lost closely, so I think it's normal that justine didn't give anyafter the QF in melbourne....
I thought we're all supporting both the girls. It's not not nice to see belgian posters say bad things about justine

Well, Katrien, I never said that Kim's a better person! I just said that she likes signing autographs more than Justine.
About that QF in Melbourne.. I used that example to show that Kim likes signing autographs, not to show that Justine doesn't like doing that. Of course Juju didn't sign lots of autographs after that match, I wouldn't have done it either!

Oh and when did we say bad things about Justine? :confused:

EVAspeed
May 13th, 2002, 05:57 PM
no justine for me? =\

i really hope she comes down to play in the LA open.

theheninfan
May 13th, 2002, 11:19 PM
Hey EVAspeed! What thread was it when we were talking about how you make your avatars and signatures?...I am trying to find it. Thanks! :wavey:

katrientje
May 14th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Sorry Bram_born84, I just thought this thread was quite negative about justine, and that kind of pissed me off. Everyone is allowed to have his own opinion of course ;-) Sometimes I forget that when they're talking about my favourite :-)

Anyway, let's hope our girls will continu to do well on the clay courts!

Brαm
May 14th, 2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by katrientje
Sorry Bram_born84, I just thought this thread was quite negative about justine, and that kind of pissed me off. Everyone is allowed to have his own opinion of course ;-) Sometimes I forget that when they're talking about my favourite :-)

Anyway, let's hope our girls will continu to do well on the clay courts!

No problem, Katrien ;)

Go Belgian Babes :bounce: