PDA

View Full Version : Porsche race?

dania
Jul 28th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Mary is curently no.10 right now,do you think she`ll be able to qualify for this year`s tournament?

marion
Jul 28th, 2005, 09:54 AM
i think the next year but not this year

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:03 AM
we never known

Elldee
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:07 AM
If she does well at the US Open she can, she has her win over Sharapova to defend but with her much higher seeding that's very possible and then she doesn't have much to defend elsewhere. I think it's possible if she plays a number of tournements in the fall, but obviously it's better to be uninjured than qualify.

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:36 AM
For the race porshe, there are no points to defend u know !

I don't see why Mary can't qualify this year ! She has clearly the potential to finish the year "on fire" !
I hope she'll do well in San Diego, it's a big tournament ... and of course in the Us Open !

But, before thinking to the championship, we have to take tournament by tournament, and then match by match :drool:

So wait and see, but nobody can say that Mary won't qualify this year ! :tape:

Lu_Weird
Jul 28th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Why Mary can't become top 8 for the race... She is just on fire now...she's aim not just top 8!

MaryPierceFan
Jul 28th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I guess she'll fight for the last place with Schnyder. But Schnyder has a very smart and very shrewd schedule. For sure she has very smart advisors. lol She won Cincy(about 150 points), now for sure will be at least in SF in Stanford(again about 120 points), she is always seeded and has byes in 1st rounds, then easier rivals and is already in the QFs in almost every tournament. Mary has to win many matches if she wants to be in the QF in the events she plays. So it's tougher. And Mary palys only the events with a tough and strong field. But we'll see. I believe in Mary. UO will be very important. Go girl! You can do it!

sebbe
Jul 28th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I think Mary will have some problems to reach the championship because all players in front of her is always playing good and the will probably continue to play good throughout the rest of the year. Mary can reach Serena if she continues to be injuried but I don't think she will get past Schnyder, mabye Petrova. The problem is that even though these two players don't win any titles they get very far in almost every tournament, Schnyder is very consistent. I really hope Mary can be one of the eight to qualify for the yearending-championship but Mary has to dig very deep to be one of them.

Lu_Weird
Jul 28th, 2005, 03:38 PM
US open is so important....Mary will have big win on it!!!

rsunderji
Jul 28th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Just to clarify, do Mary's results last year count when trying to make it to the year-ending tournament or does every player start at a clean slate at the beginning of the year and accumulate points throughout the year? Meaning supposing she won san diego last year and only makes sf this year, does she infact lose points for the year ending championships?

saby
Jul 28th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Just to clarify, do Mary's results last year count when trying to make it to the year-ending tournament or does every player start at a clean slate at the beginning of the year and accumulate points throughout the year? Meaning supposing she won san diego last year and only makes sf this year, does she infact lose points for the year ending championships?

The race is different, it's 2005 points only
Next year Mary will have to defend all points she got from RG final 2005 :angel: .... and points from USO champion 2005 ;) LOL

rsunderji
Jul 28th, 2005, 05:31 PM
The race is different, it's 2005 points only
Next year Mary will have to defend all points she got from RG final 2005 :angel: .... and points from USO champion 2005 ;) LOL

thanks for that

dania
Aug 8th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Hey she`s no.8 now,that`s great.

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 8th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Mary will play in quebec city?

cakiteror
Aug 8th, 2005, 10:01 AM
excellent!loooooooooool