PDA

View Full Version : Womens Volleyball World Grand Prix

forever_rafter
Jul 25th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I'm a huge fan of Polish womens national team (we're European Champions from 2003 by the way and have probably the best looking team in the world ;) ).My fave player is Gosia Glinka who is one of the best volleyballers in the world. She's a fantastic girl, extremely friendly and very powerful too :) I know her personnaly and I tell you that when I look at her she reminds me of Eleni and when I look at Eleni she reminds me of Gosia ;) I see a lot of similarities between them both. Ambition, fighting spirit, great skills and huge talent and most of all, personality. They both have warm eyes, cute smiles and they make funny faces. They even move their lips the similar way when they talk :-) And they both are tall girls although Gosia is 10 cm taller :)

If you want to see Gosia in action, watch Eurosport tomorrow live at 11.00 CET. Poland plays Russia in World Grand Prix'06 qualies :bounce:

RayRob
Jul 25th, 2005, 04:21 PM
lol, cool, that is about 10am UK time - I will look out for that as I do enjoy watching Vollyball, but I don't usually follow it, except during Olympics :D

I persume it's indoor vollyball and not beach vollyball - I prefer indoors ;)

Eleni is in the doubles draw for Bank of the West classic too - am about to post the draw in the other thread :D

-Rache

forever_rafter
Jul 25th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Yes, it's indoor :lick:

forever_rafter
Jul 26th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Dear God, I almost got a heart-attack. Poland just beat Russia 3-2 and it was a very dramatic and heroic win for our team. In the 1st set we're up 18-12 but somehow lost it :confused: We won 2nd set, lost the 3rd and in 4th we were down 17-20, then up 23-10, then down again 23-24 but won 26-24 and there was a tiebreak... in which we were down again 2-5 but managed to win 15-10! Gosia gave a real concert of play in the 5th set but the whole team deserves congrats! :bounce: :worship: :hearts:

RayRob
Jul 26th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I did watch it....the only reason poland lost the first set was because they stared to make a number of errors - particularly missing serves!

Didn't Poland even face a match point in the 4th set? I think the score was something like 24-23 to Russia, but a couple of great spikes and serves gave Poland that set.

It really was a great match :D Well done to your country - and your fave player who played so well! Poland have great team spirit, even after points they lost.

I prefer vollyball since they got rid of the service over rule (like they have in badminton), where you could only win points on your own serve.....I prefer it now that points count even when you win against serve. How did you find that rule change? (although I think it's been in force for about 5 or 6 years now!)

A great win, didn't get chance to watch the Germany/Turkey one because I had to go out :D

Thanks for letting me know that it was on, because I really enjoyed it!

-Rache

forever_rafter
Jul 26th, 2005, 03:42 PM
You're right. Russia had a match point in 4th set... Tomorrow Poland plays Romania at 17.30 CET and on Thursday we face Holland at 17.30 CET. I'm glad you enjoyed it ;)

alibaby
Jul 26th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I'm a huge fan of Polish womens national team (we're European Champions from 2003 by the way and have probably the best looking team in the world ;) ).My fave player is Gosia Glinka who is one of the best volleyballers in the world. She's a fantastic girl, extremely friendly and very powerful too :) I know her personnaly and I tell you that when I look at her she reminds me of Eleni and when I look at Eleni she reminds me of Gosia ;) I see a lot of similarities between them both. Ambition, fighting spirit, great skills and huge talent and most of all, personality. They both have warm eyes, cute smiles and they make funny faces. They even move their lips the similar way when they talk :-) And they both are tall girls although Gosia is 10 cm taller :)

If you want to see Gosia in action, watch Eurosport tomorrow live at 11.00 CET. Poland plays Russia in World Grand Prix'06 qualies :bounce:
thx for the info,rafter!just like you,i am a big womens volleyball-fan!but not on one special nation,more in general.but i watched the polish girls quite a few times over the last years,and they are a very good and strong team.and whats equally important,as i think,they seem to be very homogenic as a team as well!that counts a lot.maggie glinka is indeed great,as well as katarzyna skowronska(i hope,i spelled it correctly,if not,sorry..)agatha mroz and so on!i followed the world series over the last weeks,and it was a great event!but in tennis,we have also something in common:i like leni very much too!what do you think,how far will she go at stanford??

forever_rafter
Jul 26th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Your spelling's correct. Agata Mroz,who's our best blocker and one of the best middle players in Europe, is not playing in this tournament. She had leaukaemia in the past and now her blood tests were negative again :sad: I hope she'll get better, she's a very young, talented and very friendly girl.

Poland and Germany always create a good spectacle when they face each other. Today Germany beat Turkey 3-2 and it was a grewat come back from being two sets down.

And about Eleni's chances in Stanford? I always hope for the best so I believe she can cause an upset and beat Venus in 2nd round. But the 1st round will tell us a little bit about her form, right?

alibaby
Jul 26th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Your spelling's correct. Agata Mroz,who's our best blocker and one of the best middle players in Europe, is not playing in this tournament. She had leaukaemia in the past and now her blood tests were negative again :sad: I hope she'll get better, she's a very young, talented and very friendly girl.

Poland and Germany always create a good spectacle when they face each other. Today Germany beat Turkey 3-2 and it was a grewat come back from being two sets down.

And about Eleni's chances in Stanford? I always hope for the best so I believe she can cause an upset and beat Venus in 2nd round. But the 1st round will tell us a little bit about her form, right?
thats right,yes!but with agatha,i am really,really shocked!!they must have found it only in the last few days,right?because 2 weeks ago or so,i still saw her playing!!how terrible...i hope,she will get to full health again!!she is quite young,i s nt she??who do you like from the tennis girls,besides elenii??

forever_rafter
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:35 PM
I think Agata is exhausted and that's why her blood results got worse. I hope she'll get better when she rests. She's only 23 if I'm correct :sad: In womens tennis I like Daniela Hantuchova, Kim Clijsters, Amelie Mauresmo, Dinara Safina and many more but Eleni is my number 1 :-)

alibaby
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I think Agata is exhausted and that's why her blood results got worse. I hope she'll get better when she rests. She's only 23 if I'm correct :sad: In womens tennis I like Daniela Hantuchova, Kim Clijsters, Amelie Mauresmo, Dinara Safina and many more but Eleni is my number 1 :-)
yeah,i hope so too!what do you think about danis,kims and eleniis chances at stanford?

forever_rafter
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:00 PM
For Eleni and Kim it's a first tournament on usa hard courts while dani played well in Cincinnati so she should be fine :) I hope all of them will have a good tourney :bounce:

forever_rafter
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Poland beat Romania 3-0 (25:20,25:16,25:18) and both Kasia Skowronska and my Gosia Glinka rocked, their attack were unstoppable :bounce: :worship: Tomorrow at 5.30 pm CET we'll face Holland and this match will be decisive

RayRob
Jul 27th, 2005, 10:16 PM
I didn't get to watch it today because I have to work evenings until late.....so looks like I'll miss it tomorrow too :( I did see the end of Russia's match today though.

forever_rafter
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:02 AM
You could tape it and watch it later. It's going to be a tense match but I hope Poland will win

alibaby
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Poland beat Romania 3-0 (25:20,25:16,25:18) and both Kasia Skowronska and my Gosia Glinka rocked, their attack were unstoppable :bounce: :worship: Tomorrow at 5.30 pm CET we'll face Holland and this match will be decisive
yeah,i saw it too!very impressive!only sad,that the german match was only coveraged by eurosport 2,and this is not available yet in germany.

forever_rafter
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Germany advanced to semis, congrats!

alibaby
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Germany advanced to semis, congrats!
thank you very much!!do you have some news from agatha??the commentator yesterday only mentioned,that her doctor ordered her a break,because she was so exhausted.but he did not say anything about leukamia.i hope,she gets well soon!

forever_rafter
Jul 28th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Agata has problems with knees as well so she really needs to rest. I hope she'll be healthy for World Champs qualies in Warna next month. Sylwia Pycia replaces her really well though.

BTW, Poland lost to Holland 2-3 but we are in the semis! We played well in 1st set and in the 4th. In 5th our coach replaced Gosia, Kasia and Iza with substitute players so they could save their strenght for the semis.

RayRob
Jul 28th, 2005, 09:04 PM
BTW, Poland lost to Holland 2-3 but we are in the semis! We played well in 1st set and in the 4th. In 5th our coach replaced Gosia, Kasia and Iza with substitute players so they could save their strenght for the semis.

I missed it again, was in a rush to get to work and forgot to set the tape :rolleyes: Seems to have been a wise move by the Polish coach to do those substitutions as Poland were through to the semi's no matter what happened in this match.

So what is the Semi final line-up, I know Germany and Poland are through - who else? And what are the match-ups?

-Rache

forever_rafter
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:55 PM
1st semifinal : Poland vs Russia (15.00 CET)
2nd semifinal : Azerbejdzan - Germany

both will be played on Saturday

a pic from yestarday. Seems like she has fans everywhere :kiss:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5227/gosia9ab.jpg
from www.cev.lu

RayRob
Jul 28th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Great picture! :D

I can't beleive poland have to play Russia again! That'll be a tough one because Russia will be hoping to avenge the defeat. Obviously i have no national vested interest in any of the matches, but I hope that poland win for you forever_rafter and that Germany win for alibaby ;)

That should be a fun match between you two :D

-Rache

forever_rafter
Jul 29th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Yeah, it's going to be tough but I believe our girls will beat Russia again :)

forever_rafter
Jul 30th, 2005, 04:23 PM
F*cking sh*t,we're so close. Girls were up 2 sets to low but lost in 5.... :sad:

RayRob
Jul 31st, 2005, 12:00 AM
:eek: forever_rafter, I'm sorry they lost :sad: Sounds like it was a great match...i didn't get to see it again I'm affraid. i hired a DVD to watch friday night, but never ended up watching it so i had to watch it this afternoon so that it wasn't a waste of money. I thiink I would have been too tense watching that match.

Does this mean that poland have to beat the loser of the other semi as well before they can qualify for the world Gp next year?

-Rache

forever_rafter
Jul 31st, 2005, 11:24 AM
Does this mean that poland have to beat the loser of the other semi as well before they can qualify for the world Gp next year?

Exactly so...Today at 15.00 CET Poland will face Gremany for the place in next year's Grand Prix. This match will be shown LIVE on Eurosport and Eurosport 2

alibaby
Jul 31st, 2005, 12:46 PM
Exactly so...Today at 15.00 CET Poland will face Gremany for the place in next year's Grand Prix. This match will be shown LIVE on Eurosport and Eurosport 2
hi rafter!thanx very much for the info!i will watch it.next week starts exciting,elenii vs anna-lena!what do you think??

forever_rafter
Jul 31st, 2005, 12:53 PM
Seems like it's Eurosport 2 from 15.00 - 16.00 CET and Eurosport 1 from 16.00

forever_rafter
Jul 31st, 2005, 12:54 PM
I;m a bit scared of Lena, your compatriot played really well in Stanford :)

alibaby
Jul 31st, 2005, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=forever_rafter]Seems like it's Eurosport 2 from 15.00 - 16.00 CET and Eurosport 1 from 16.00[/QUOTE
i just looked on video-text,in germany it starts at 16:20!so,still a little bit time.anything new about agatha?

forever_rafter
Jul 31st, 2005, 05:31 PM
No news sorry. But I'll keep you informed ;) Poland played great today and Gosia was the best player of the match, her attacks were killer :worship: I just love this girl :hearts:

RayRob
Jul 31st, 2005, 08:00 PM
I take it poland won for third place then? ;)

Hopefully there'll be more good news next week in the form of Eleni :D :bounce:

-Rache

forever_rafter
Jul 31st, 2005, 09:22 PM
Yes, we won 3-1 (25:27,25:13,25:21,25:19).Here is a comment of German fan from www.volleypics.com forum, seems like Gosia is Germany's team Nemesis.

"I´ve remarked that Glinka ALWAYS plays very well against us. ECH 01 she killed us, ECH 03 semi 40 points, Olympic Qualification 04 she did not have a good tournament but still killed us almost alone, WCHQ 05 she was the only one we could not stop and now it was the same again. I wonder what we have done her."

I wished both Germany and Poland could qualify but there was only 1 place left...

I'll be at the airport tomorrow when the girls come back from this tournament so maybe I'll have some nice pics of Gosia for you ;)

RayRob
Jul 31st, 2005, 11:15 PM
That's a very nice comment from a german fan.....it's something i don't see very often on the WTAWorld message board, some fans speak badly of a player who beat their fave. It's good that their are fans like the one who's comment you posted....that is a true fan ;)

I look forward to seeing your photos....I guess the vollyball team are fairly big celebrities in Poland?

-Rache

Tenisci
Aug 1st, 2005, 07:57 AM
Poland is not very well as before :(

alibaby
Aug 1st, 2005, 08:00 AM
Yes, we won 3-1 (25:27,25:13,25:21,25:19).Here is a comment of German fan from www.volleypics.com forum, seems like Gosia is Germany's team Nemesis.

"I´ve remarked that Glinka ALWAYS plays very well against us. ECH 01 she killed us, ECH 03 semi 40 points, Olympic Qualification 04 she did not have a good tournament but still killed us almost alone, WCHQ 05 she was the only one we could not stop and now it was the same again. I wonder what we have done her."

I wished both Germany and Poland could qualify but there was only 1 place left...

I'll be at the airport tomorrow when the girls come back from this tournament so maybe I'll have some nice pics of Gosia for you ;)
yeah,that would be nice!and congrats for the girls,they played really great!!
as for the germans,i would say:under the rather difficult circumstances(which means,we had to do without a lot of our girls from the "old block",and therefore mostly young girls with not much experience..),they did really great over the last weeks,and they will get much better in time,thats for sure!!

alibaby
Aug 1st, 2005, 08:07 AM
That's a very nice comment from a german fan.....it's something i don't see very often on the WTAWorld message board, some fans speak badly of a player who beat their fave. It's good that their are fans like the one who's comment you posted....that is a true fan ;)

I look forward to seeing your photos....I guess the vollyball team are fairly big celebrities in Poland?

-Rache
hi ray!yes,with the fans of some players,thats sadly right!but i think,if someone is better than your fav,the defeat should be taken with grace...but as you will know,they will always be here!nothing,you can do...
but all the more important,that the true fans like you and me hold together and keep up the niveau of this forum,right?

forever_rafter
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:07 AM
I guess the vollyball team are fairly big celebrities in Poland?

Not all of them but Gosia Glinka for sure is somebody everybody in Poland heard of, even those who don't follow sport at all ;) She was so sweet today, you guys know the latest TV advertisement of Nestee Ice Tea? On her way to the exit Gosia said "Oh God, it's so hot in here..." and after a second she added with a smile "Antonio, facaldo" :lol: And later, on the way to her car she said that at hotel in Azerbaijan she walked once to the after dinner dessert accompanied by Russia's 2 tallest players (Gamova is 204 cm tall and the other one is 202cm) and she was like "Dad, would you believe that I felt like a child for the first time in my life, me..." (she's used to the fact she's the tallest one with her 191cm but in comparison to Russian players she's not that tall at all,hehe). So I told her it's exactly the same way I feel around her, hehe.

Here is my pic of Gosia interviewed by Polish TV
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9200/p10908678za.jpg :)

alibaby
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:52 AM
Not all of them but Gosia Glinka for sure is somebody everybody in Poland heard of, even those who don't follow sport at all ;) She was so sweet today, you guys know the latest TV advertisement of Nestee Ice Tea? On her way to the exit Gosia said "Oh God, it's so hot in here..." and after a second she added with a smile "Antonio, facaldo" :lol: And later, on the way to her car she said that at hotel in Azerbaijan she walked once to the after dinner dessert accompanied by Russia's 2 tallest players (Gamova is 204 cm tall and the other one is 202cm) and she was like "Dad, would you believe that I felt like a child for the first time in my life, me..." (she's used to the fact she's the tallest one with her 191cm but in comparison to Russian players she's not that tall at all,hehe). So I told her it's exactly the same way I feel around her, hehe.

Here is my pic of Gosia interviewed by Polish TV
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9200/p10908678za.jpg :)
nice report,thanks!yeah,i can imagine how she felt,as miss gamova really looks impressive,as well as the other one(sorry,forgot the name)!

alibaby
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:55 AM
nice report,thanks!yeah,i can imagine how she felt,as miss gamova really looks impressive,as well as the other one(sorry,forgot the name)!
but i read,that in germany we also have a big girl,shes just over 2 m something!!so,the future looks bright for our girls!! :)

forever_rafter
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:02 AM
Oh we have a 16-year-old girl who is already 198cm tall. It's scary ;)

alibaby
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:20 AM
Oh we have a 16-year-old girl who is already 198cm tall. It's scary ;)
wow!but on the other side,its always good to have some one,you can look up to! :lol: so they say,at least,right?...

forever_rafter
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:21 AM
Hehe, true but I'm 168 cm tall so even Gosia with her 191 cm is a giant to me :)

BTW, here is a nice photo my friend took the other time at the airport. I always say that Gosia has amazing eyes ;)
http://trzypion.oldfield.org.pl/Fotki/Reporterka/Siatkarki/Okecie%202005-06-17/OKECIE_050617-05.JPG

forever_rafter
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:30 PM
For these who're interested ;) It's World Championship 2006 qualies in Warna this weekend on Eurosport and Eurosport2 and it's the last chance for 1 of 3 European teams to qualify. Here is the schedule:

On Saturday at 14.45 CET on Eurosport : Poland - Ukraine
On Sunday at 19.30 CET on Eurosport2 : Bulgaria - Poland

Fingers crossed for Polish team!

RayRob
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:00 PM
:bigcry: I will unfortunately miss both of those matches....tomorrow is my sisters wedding (I'm a bridesmaid) so it's a big day for our family! Then, I'll be out sunday night....so busy busy this weekend.

:bounce: Hope Poland win for you :D

forever_rafter
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:34 PM
They have no choice, girls must win and I'll keep my fingers crossed :bounce: Have fun at the wedding!

forever_rafter
Aug 20th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Poland vs Ukraine 3-0 (25:17, 25:14, 25:15) :bounce: :worship: A real knock out

RayRob
Aug 21st, 2005, 02:53 PM
oh, well done to Poland for there first win!.....I'm sure there'll be a second one by the end of the day :yeah:

forever_rafter
Aug 21st, 2005, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I hope so too :)

forever_rafter
Aug 21st, 2005, 09:48 PM
BUL-POL 2-3 (25-17, 25-16, 15-25, 20-25, 12-15) So typical of Polish girls, they're masters of 5 sets thrillers with happy end :bounce: :hearts:

RayRob
Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:56 AM
Excellent! so they've won both their matches! Seems your country has a fantastic team :D

Well Done poland! :woohoo:

forever_rafter
Aug 22nd, 2005, 12:38 PM
Yeah, we're European Champions after all ;) They proved they can fight till the last ball and they don't give up easily. And my Maggie was our best player, she scored 20 pts :worship:

forever_rafter
Sep 17th, 2005, 07:37 PM
ECH kicked off today, Polish team is a defending champion and my girls started with an impresive 3-0 (26:24,25:20,25:23) win over Azerbaijan. Polish players played with a black ribbons, the tribute to a 24-year-old Poland's national team volleyball player, Arek Golas who died in a car accident yesterday :sad: Girls promised to win this match for him and so they did.
Some stats from Poland's match:

Malgorzata Glinka 17 pts
Dorota Świeniewicz 15 pts
Katarzyna Skowrońska 8 pts
Agata Mróz 8 pts
Izabela belcik 5 pts
Joanna Mirek 5 pts
Milena Rosner 4 pts
Sylwia Pycia 1 pt

RayRob
Sep 17th, 2005, 09:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that polish player :sad: that is so sad.....especially when i think that person was just 24 (a year older then me) it's no age to end a life.

I'm glad that poland got the win - especially after such a tragedy! hopefully, they can continue winning in memory of Arek Golas.

-Rache

forever_rafter
Sep 19th, 2005, 12:39 PM
OMG, another thriller! Almost every time we play vs Germany the match ends in 5 sets...And yesterday's match was no exception. After a great battle Poland won 3-2 (25:22,23:25,19:25,28:26,15:13). Polish players know what it means to fight til the end and the fans love them for this. As usual, best Polish players were Gosia Glinka (22pts) and Dorota Swieniewicz (22pts) but Asia Mirek deserves the recognition as well. Here is a happy pic :)
http://www.cev.lu/mmp/assets/981/21981.jpg

forever_rafter
Sep 20th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Third match and 3rd win :) Croatia vs Poland 1-3 (16-25,21-25,25-22,20-25) :bounce: Best scorer of Polish team was...well, who else...Gosia Glinka with 20 pts :hearts: while Barbara Ruzic scored 39 (!) pts for Croatia.

Here are some pics :)
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/4469/me2005polskaazerbejdzan23cw.jpg
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/6196/me20059ev.jpg
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/9229/me2005polskaazerbejdzan6rh.jpg

forever_rafter
Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:03 AM
Poland bear Romania 3-0 (-13,-19,-16) and advanced to the semis :bounce:
Here is the cutest pic I've seen in a while :) Gosia Glinka dancing after Poland - Romania match :bounce: ;) This girl is such a fun-loving person :hearts:
http://www.cev.lu/mmp/assets/328/22328.jpg
and one more adorable pic, Gosia with Milena Rosner :)
http://www.rzeczpospolita.pl/teksty/wydanie_050922/sport_a_1-2.F.jpg
and the whole Polish team celebrating yesterday's victory over Romania ;)
http://www.cev.lu/mmp/assets/330/22330.jpg

RayRob
Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:18 AM
Cool pictures....wow! seems like poland are on a bit of a steam rolling path to sucess at these championships.

-Rache

forever_rafter
Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:46 AM
We have a chance to defend the title. Italy & Russia are very strong though. But I believe we can beat them :)

forever_rafter
Sep 23rd, 2005, 01:44 PM
Poland beat SCG 3-1 and Gosia scored 31 pts!

Tomorrow at 16.30 CET Poland will face Russia in the 1st semi-final!

Calliope.
Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:22 PM
I hope to see Italy-Poland in the final! :)

forever_rafter
Sep 23rd, 2005, 08:08 PM
I hope to see Italy-Poland in the final! :)

me too ;) :hug:

Calliope.
Sep 24th, 2005, 06:44 PM
And we have Italy-Poland! :D
Good luck Poland but I have to support Italy ;) I'll be happy in any case :)

forever_rafter
Sep 24th, 2005, 07:09 PM
OH MY GOD...We were leading 2 sets to low with mighty Russia, in the 3rd set we're up 24-21 and had 3 match points but lost it :sad: In 4th set Polish team looked so tired that I thought the girls would die there. In the tiebreak both teams fought like lions, at 14-13 the ball touched the line after Gosia Glinka's attack, the lineman (who was closer than 1 meter from the place where the ball landed) showed that the ball was good, Polish team started to jump with joy but the chair umpire said it was out. Fortunately Poland won 22-20 and I can't even start to describe how happy I am. My heart is staill racing :worship: :worship: :bounce: :bounce:

BTW, check out some pics from yestarday's training :lol:

Gosia laughting hard during the practice
http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/6/2932/z2932136G.jpghttp://bi.gazeta.pl/im/4/2932/z2932144G.jpg
Gosia with Iza :lol:
http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/3/2932/z2932133G.jpg http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/4/2932/z2932134G.jpg
Dorota showing off :drool:
http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/2/2932/z2932132G.jpg
Gosia with Milena
http://img.interia.pl/sport/nimg/siatkarek_Polki_polfinale_784248.jpg

RayRob
Sep 24th, 2005, 10:57 PM
:lol: great photos!

*phew* sounded like a heart racing, adreniline pumping match you were watching there! Not sure my asthmatic lungs could have coped with that ;)

Well, I hope Poland retain the title :yeah:

-Rache

forever_rafter
Sep 24th, 2005, 11:37 PM
I hope we will but Italy is a very tough opponent. But hey, chances are 50/50 :)

Calliope.
Sep 25th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I hope to see a close match :)

forever_rafter
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I won't even try to describe how happy I was when Poland beat Italy 3-1 (25-23, 27-25, 21-25, 25-18) in the final of Womens Volleyball European Championships. It was a great match, very close but what else could you expect from World champion vs Europe champion battle. Polish team defended the title and we're the only team apart from Russia that ever did so :bounce: What's more important, we did it in a great style, won all 7 matches beating Olympic and World champs on the way :) Best scorer of the match was Elisa Togut ffrom Italy (21 pts) while on the Polish side best scorers were Gosia Glinka (20 pts) and Dorota Swieniewicz (19 pts). Polish players were over the moon, they're freaking out with happiness, so funny to watch :) MVP award went to Dorota Swieniewicz (last time it was Glinka). On the day the final was played the Parliamentary Elections took place but the nation prefered to watch the final on TV ;)
Here are some pics from the final:
http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/5/2934/z2934985G.jpghttp://bi.gazeta.pl/im/2/2935/z2935152G.jpghttp://bi.gazeta.pl/im/9/2935/z2935139G.jpg
http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/8/2935/z2935138G.jpghttp://bi.gazeta.pl/im/7/2935/z2935247G.jpghttp://bi.gazeta.pl/im/6/2935/z2935276G.jpghttp://bi.gazeta.pl/im/4/2935/z2935364G.jpg
http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/website/main_menu/volleyball/european_championships/137/145/6753/6771/image_51425/award10web.jpg
http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/website/main_menu/volleyball/european_championships/137/145/6753/6771/image_51447/award16web.jpg
http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/website/main_menu/volleyball/european_championships/137/145/6753/6771/image_51415/award02web.jpg

On the next they the team came back to Poland and 2,000 fans welcomed them at the Warsaw airport. Fans were singing, chanting the player's names etc. In return the girls sung a special song for the fans (Gosia Glinka and Agata Mroz were the loudest) :) When fans started to chanting "Malgorzata Glinka", Gosia was so moved that she started crying. The only sad moment came when Gosia stood with the yersey of Arek Golas (a very talented 24-year-old mens national team player who died in a car accident just before the start of the tournament) and on behalf of the team dedicated the gold medal to him...here are some pics:
http://foto.pap.com.pl/midi_galerie/7417/gal_7417_0007.jpg http://foto.pap.com.pl/midi_galerie/7417/gal_7417_0009.jpghttp://foto.pap.com.pl/midi_galerie/7417/gal_7417_0010.jpg
My friends and I managed to catch the girls in front of the hotel and we took a funny pic with Gosia, check out the medal ;)
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9595/p11108316tn.jpg
Yestarday the team got invited to the President's Palace (like 2 years ago)

RayRob
Sep 29th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Wow, what a story - great pictures! A lovely touch from glinka for holding the Jersey of Golas and dedication the win to him.

So, what's next for poland in vollyball? Are there some world championships they can win or do they already have that too? ;)

-Rache

Calliope.
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Congrats Poland! :D
Italy :sad:

forever_rafter
Sep 29th, 2005, 02:55 PM
By winning the gold medal of European Champs we qualified for the World Grand Champions Cup which will take place in Japan in November later this year. I have no idea which Polish players will go there as many of them play in Italy or France and they may not be allowed to leave their clubs. We'll wait and see. And World Champs will be played next year in Japan :)

MartinaHingisFan :hug:

forever_rafter
Nov 15th, 2005, 08:53 PM
World Grand Champions Cup kicked off on Tuesday. This tournament is played every 4 years and it's very prestigious. Participants : China (Asian Continental Champion), Brasil (South America Continental Champion), USA (Norceca Continental Champion), Japan (organiser), Poland (European Continental Champion) and Korea (Wild-card).

Today Poland beat Japan 3-2 (25-19,18-25,16-25,26-24,15-12) :worship: and Poland's best player was Maggie Glinka who scored 21 pts :bounce:

On Wednesday Poland plays Brasil and this match will be shown LIVE on Eurosport2 at 7.00am CET (re-live at 19.30 CET).

forever_rafter
Nov 16th, 2005, 07:23 AM
We lost 0-3 to Brasil but again Gosia was our best player with 12 pts

http://www.fivb.org/Photos/VB/Gallery/wgcc2005/Match005/Screen/WGCC2005.005.POLvsBRA.07.jpg

on Friday at 7.00 CET live on Eurosport2 USA - Poland :bounce:

forever_rafter
Nov 30th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Indesit Champions League match between Hotel Las Palmas and RC Cannes (Maggie Glinka's team) will be shown on Nov.30th LIVE on TVE CANARIA & Sport+ (at 19.00 CET) and re-live on Polsat Sport Extra (22.30 CET) and Polsat Sport (Dec.1st at 13.40 CET). Allez!

forever_rafter
Mar 19th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Italian champion Sirio Perugia and French champion RC Cannes will meet in the final of European Champions league today at 17.00 CET (16.00 GMT). The match will be coverage by the following TV chanells:
http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/website/main_menu/volleyball/european_cups/indesit/39/4971/4974/index_EN.html

It will be a clash of the former and actual Best European Players, RC Cannes Maggie Glinka (Best European Player of 2003) and Perugia's Dorota Swieniewicz (Best European Player of 2005). Both are Polish ;)

Yesterday, in the 1st semifinal RC Cannes beat defendin champion Foppapedretti Bergamo 3-1 (25:16, 25:20, 13:25, 25:23) Glinka was the best scorer of the match while in the 2nd semifinal Sirio Perugia beat Günes Istanbul 3-2 (25:20,22:25,17:25,25:17,15:9).

the pic of Gosia from yesterday :)
http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/website/news/news_online/755/1711/image_63903/canvsber10web.jpg

forever_rafter
Jun 21st, 2006, 09:23 PM
Super Volley Gala on 13th June 2006
copyright http://siatkowka.azspw.pl/
http://siatkowka.azspw.pl/galeria/albums/gala/P6131111.JPG
http://siatkowka.azspw.pl/galeria/albums/gala/P6131116.JPG
http://siatkowka.azspw.pl/galeria/albums/gala/P6131196.JPG
http://siatkowka.azspw.pl/galeria/albums/gala/P6131200.JPG
:drool: :hearts:

and Maggie with Murcia jersey
http://www.voleibolmurcia.net/glinkaeve.jpg
copyright www.voleibolmurcia.net

forever_rafter
Aug 15th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Womens Volleyball World Grand Prix tournament kicks off on August 16th and the matches will be live on Eurosport2 and re-live on Eurosport.
Here is the schedule:

1st tournament, Bydgoszcz (Poland)
USA - Dom.Rep. at 17:00 CET Eurosport live
Poland - Italy at 20:00 CET (Polsat Sport, Polsat Sport Extra, Raisport live)

Italy - Dom.Rep. at 17:00 CET (live Raisport)
Poland - USA at godz. 20:00 CET EUROSPORT2 live

Italy - USA at 17:00 (Raisport live)
Poland - Dom.Rep. at 20:00 CET Eurosport2 live

All matches of Polish national team from next 2 GP tournaments as follow (CET time)
25 AUG at 12:00 Poland - Japan Eurosport 2 (re-live Eurosport 16:30)
26 AUG at 09:00 Poland - Russia Eurosport 2 (re-live Eurosport 16:00)
27 AUG at 07:00 Poland – S.Korea Eurosport 2 (re-live Eurosport 11:00)

01 SEP at 09:00 Poland – Cuba Eurosport 2 (re-live Eurosport 14:00)
02 SEP at 13:30 Poland – China Eurosport 2 (re-live Eurosport 15:45)
03 SEP at 09:00 Poland - Azerb. Eurosport 2 (re-live Eurosport 10:30)

supreme*
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:54 AM
yesterday i saw the match poland vs usa...

"your girl" was not in vGood day, forever_rafter
was a pretty Good match tho...
the match btw poland and italy was v-bad for Poland...
the audience was great - but - a bad performance by the girls !
anyway Good Luck next !

i dont have a fav team... i like brazil, poland and usa !
my fav player tho, is jaqueline carvalho (BRA) ! :worship:

BUBI
Aug 18th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Cuba is my favourite team :hearts:

forever_rafter
Aug 19th, 2006, 08:43 AM
yesterday i saw the match poland vs usa...

"your girl" was not in vGood day, forever_rafter
was a pretty Good match tho...
the match btw poland and italy was v-bad for Poland...
the audience was great - but - a bad performance by the girls !
anyway Good Luck next !

i dont have a fav team... i like brazil, poland and usa !
my fav player tho, is jaqueline carvalho (BRA) ! :worship:

I came back from GP in Bydgoszcz today at 4am. We lost but it I had a great time anyway. Girls are not in form but that's because they had a very tough 2 months long training camp and they are very tired. Should be ready for WCH in japan tough. Maggie trained for only a month so she needs a little more time to shine. Yesterday she couldn't play due to some injury so I expected the loss. I have many great photos. I'll upload them later today and I tell you a few stories :) Just a teaser :drool:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3334/p1130458tw7.jpg

forever_rafter
Aug 20th, 2006, 07:18 PM
All pics are now uploaded here :

http://photos.yahoo.com/russmaxfan

supreme*
Aug 20th, 2006, 09:01 PM
nice pics... thanks !
btw... i think skowronska looks a bit like flavia pennetta, her smile... sometimes ! anyway :P

forever_rafter
Aug 20th, 2006, 09:54 PM
:) nice pics... thanks !
btw... i think skowronska looks a bit like flavia pennetta, her smile... sometimes ! anyway :P

Maybe so, I don't know. She has different lips shape and eyes though :) We have a pretty team 'cause the coach himself admitted that when he has to choose between players who are equally skilled, he goes for more beautiful one :lol:

supreme*
Aug 20th, 2006, 10:05 PM
lol indeed, you have a really pretty team...
glinka, skowronska, mirek, liktoras etc !

forever_rafter
Aug 21st, 2006, 08:38 AM
lol indeed, you have a really pretty team...
glinka, skowronska, mirek, liktoras etc !

Thanks ;)

forever_rafter
Sep 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
I invite you to watch today at 20.00 CET European Championships in womens volleyball, defending champion for 2nd time in a row Poland vs Spain :)

forever_rafter
Sep 25th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Polish national team won 4th match in a row and we remain unbeaten :) Tomorrow at 20.00 CET we'll play host Belgium and on Thursday at 17.30 CET last match in the group, against Holland. Below photos from today's victory over Serbia :

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6681/5c849afb569f8de5f92cdf0qo4.jpg
http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/website/main_menu/volleyball/european_championships/137/145/13287/13294/12217/image_136589/dsc_0250.jpg
http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/website/main_menu/volleyball/european_championships/137/145/13287/13294/12217/image_136573/dsc_0148.jpg

forever_rafter
Sep 27th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Poland won 6th match in a row and advanced to semis :) On Saturday at 19.30 CET we'll play vs Serbia :)
http://www.volleyball-2007.eu/images/Fotos/WPF06_Polen_Belgie/images/WPF06_Polen_Belgie%20(19).jpg
Gosia :drool: She scored 105 pts in 5 matches

forever_rafter
Oct 1st, 2007, 07:09 AM
Unfortunately we didn't win 3rd gold medal in a row, this time Poland was 4th in Europe. At least Glinka received individual award, a nice gift for her 29th birthday and totally deserved.

Individual Awards of European Championships in volleyball :

http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/website/main_menu/volleyball/european_championships/137/145/13287/12192/image_137183/qy9u0624.jpg
from Left to Right :

MVP: Taismary Aguero (ITA)
Best Scorer: Ekaterina Gamova (RUS)
Best Receiver: Liubov Shashkova (RUS)
Best Setter: Maja Ognjenovic (SRB)
Best Libero: Paola Cardullo (ITA)
Best Server: Jovana Brakocevic (SRB)
Best Blocker: Jenny Barazza (ITA)
Best Spiker : Malgorzata Glinka (POL) :drool: :worship:

forever_rafter
Oct 2nd, 2007, 09:28 AM
more pics from Awards Ceremony :P

http://www.reprezentacja.net/gallery/136/enlarge/4e02f2ab81376ac21557ba0e66ffa283.jpg
http://www.reprezentacja.net/gallery/136/enlarge/5f1e7d27a7e8a9f15efacd2a31602223.jpg
http://www.reprezentacja.net/gallery/136/enlarge/e0ccf7f1f692b06b6a53f962e2ae63b4.jpg
http://www.reprezentacja.net/gallery/136/enlarge/3125c4cab92d91c1d4ea5ceccb87af12.jpg

Poland received a wild card for World Cup in Japan (2-16 NOV 2007) so we'll have a chance to fight for Summer Olimpics qualification after all :bounce: :bounce:

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Let's have some more volleyball discussion in here;)
Greek men and women are both in the European Leagues now:)
The men are doing good:D
The women are:help:

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Men Standings Pool B:
1.Greece 3-1 :woohoo:
2.Germany 2-2
2.Belgium 2-2
4.Romania 1-3

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Greek men Results in 2009 European League:
June 5th-Belgium d. Greece @Greece 25-22, 35-33, 20-25, 25-23 :bigcry:
June 6th-Greece d. Belgium @Greece 25-15, 19-25, 21-25, 25-23, 15-11 :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
June 13th-Greece d. Romania @Greece 25-15, 25-23, 28-26 :banana::woohoo::yeah:
June 14th-Greece d. Romania @Greece 23-25, 25-19, 25-22, 22-25, 15-11 :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Upcoming Schedule:
June 20th-Greece vs. Germany @Germany
June 21st-Greece vs. Germany @Germany
June 26th-Greece vs. Germany @Greece
June 27th-Greece vs. Germany @Greece
July 4th-Greece vs. Romania @Romania
July 5th-Greece vs. Romania @Romania
July 10th-Greece vs. Belgium @Belgium
July 12th-Greece vs. Belgium @Belgium

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Standings of other Groups:
Pool A:
1.Spain 4-0
2.Turkey 2-2
2.Great Britain 2-2
4.Croatia 0-4

Pool C:
1.Slovakia 3-1
2.Belarus 2-1
3.Austria 1-2
4.Portugal 1-3

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Greek Women's Results in the 2009 European League:tape::
May 23rd- Serbia d. Greece @Serbia 3-0:o
May 24th- Serbia d. Greece @Serbia 3-1:sad:
May 29th- Spain d. Greece @Spain 3-0:help:
May 30th- Spain d. Greece @Spain 3-0:sobbing:
June 5th- Bulgaria d. Greece @Greece 3-2:bigcry:
June 6th- Bulgaria d. Greece @Greece 3-1:(
June 13th- Bulgaria d. Greece @Bulgaria 3-0:mad:
June 14th- Bulgaria d. Greece @Bulgaria 3-0:tears:

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Upcoming Schedule:
June 19th- Greece vs. Spain @Greece
June 20th- Greece vs. Spain @Greece
June 26th- Greece vs. Serbia @Greece
June 27th- Greece vs. Serbia @Greece

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Women Standings Pool A:
1.Serbia 6-2
1.Bulgaria 6-2
3.Spain 4-4
4.Greece 0-8 :sobbing:

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Standings of other group:
Pool B:
1.Turkey 6-2
1.Romania 6-2
3.France 4-4
4.Great Britain 0-8

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Last Spring, the Greek men's national volleyball team qualified for the European Championships which will be held this Fall in Turkey. Here are the groups:
Pool A in Izmir:
-Turkey
-Poland
-France
-Germany
Pool B in Istanbul:
-Estonia
-Russia
-Netherlands
-Finland
Pool C in Izmir:
-Greece
-Spain
-Slovakia
-Slovenia
Pool D in Istanbul:
-Bulgaria
-Serbia
-Italy
-Czech Republic

*I think that we can make QF. Italy/Bulgaria/Serbia will be really tough to beat in QF:scared:

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 11:45 PM
The Greek women reached the final qualifying round and had a leg against Azerbaijan;)
Azerbaijan won though, 3-0 and 3-1:tears:

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Here is the field for the Women's European Championships this Fall. They will be held in Poland;)(Ula, will you go?)
Pool A in Lodz:
-Poland
-Croatia
-Spain
-Netherlands
Pool B in Wroclaw:
-Turkey
-France
-Italy
-Germany
Pool C in Bydgoszcz:
-Russia
-Belgium
-Belarus
-Bulgaria
Pool D in Katowice:
-Azerbaijan
-Serbia
-Czech Republic
-Slovakia

*I think either Russia, Italy, or Poland will win;)

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 11:54 PM
The Greek men have qualified last month for the World Junior Championships, beating the Netherlands, Croatia, and Serbia May 15th-17th in Zagreb, Croatia;)

They will compete in the Junior World Championships this Summer in Pune, India from July 31st to August 9th :D

hellas719
Jun 14th, 2009, 11:54 PM
The Greek junior girls on the other hand didn't do so well:o
They lost all of their matches in Moscow last month, to the Netherlands, Russia, and Croatia:o
They didn't even win a set:tape:

forever_rafter
Jun 15th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Here is the field for the Women's European Championships this Fall. They will be held in Poland;)(Ula, will you go?)
Pool A in Lodz:
-Poland
-Croatia
-Spain
-Netherlands
Pool B in Wroclaw:
-Turkey
-France
-Italy
-Germany
Pool C in Bydgoszcz:
-Russia
-Belgium
-Belarus
-Bulgaria
Pool D in Katowice:
-Azerbaijan
-Serbia
-Czech Republic
-Slovakia

*I think either Russia, Italy, or Poland will win;)

Yeah, I plan to go there :) I think Russia and Italy are always among faves, Holland and Turkey are also dangerous. I hope we'll do well in front of our audience but we'll play without our best player so it can be tough. Fingers crossed anyway :)

hellas719
Jun 20th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Greek women beat Spain today 3-2 (25-23, 36-34, 15-25, 21-25, 15-10) :eek::woohoo:

hellas719
Jun 20th, 2009, 09:35 PM
2009 Men's Junior World Championships - Pune, India

Pool A
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Flag_of_Tunisia.svg/20px-Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.png Tunisia
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Flag_of_the_United_States.svg/20px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png USA
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Flag_of_Belarus.svg/20px-Flag_of_Belarus.svg.png Belarus
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Flag_of_India.svg/20px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India

Pool B
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Flag_of_Iran.svg/20px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png Iran
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg/20px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png China
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Flag_of_Egypt.svg/20px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png Egypt
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Flag_of_Belgium.svg/20px-Flag_of_Belgium.svg.png Belgium

Pool C
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Flag_of_Greece.svg/20px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png Greece
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Flag_of_Cuba.svg/20px-Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png Cuba
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9f/Flag_of_Argentina.svg/20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png Argentina
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Flag_of_France.svg/20px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France

Pool D
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Flag_of_Russia.svg/20px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Flag_of_Poland.svg/20px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png Poland
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Flag_of_Canada.svg/20px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Flag_of_Brazil.svg/20px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil

Starting July 31

Go Greece!

hellas719
Jun 20th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Ula, the Polish women won the Piemonte Cup:yeah:

hellas719
Jun 21st, 2009, 04:14 AM
Our men got spanked by Germany today, 3-0:o

merda2004
Jun 21st, 2009, 07:26 AM
is that for real?greece beat spain???wow!can i have the website/link?

forever_rafter
Jun 21st, 2009, 08:41 AM
Polish womens national team won Piemonte Cup, they beat Italy in the semifinal and Japan in the final :)

hellas719
Jun 22nd, 2009, 03:17 AM
is that for real?greece beat spain???wow!can i have the website/link?

http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/website/main_menu/volleyball/european_league/2557/17141/17164/index_EN.html

But today they beat us 3-0 (25-22, 25-23, 25-22) :sad:

hellas719
Jun 22nd, 2009, 03:21 AM
And our men lost to Germany today 3-0:o

hellas719
Jun 22nd, 2009, 03:25 AM
Women's Standings for Pool A:
1.Serbia 8-2
2.Bulgaria 6-4
3.Spain 5-5
4.Greece 1-9 :o:o:o

We only have two matches left, so we are guarenteed to finish last:tape:
And we play Serbia in both:help:

hellas719
Jun 22nd, 2009, 03:33 AM
Men's Standings for Pool B:
1.Germany 4-2
2.Belgium 3-3
3.Greece 3-3 :sad:
4.Romania 2-4

Pretty pathetic that we were in first place before this weekend's matches:o

hellas719
Jun 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Women's European League 2009

Pool A - Week 6 - Match 1

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Flag_of_Greece.svg/30px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png Greece 0 - 3 Serbia http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Flag_of_Serbia.svg/30px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png
(11-25, 14-25, 9-25)

:o

hellas719
Jun 29th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Women lost 3-0 to Serbia again:tape:

hellas719
Jun 29th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Men lost to Germany and beat them, so we still have a chance to make the final four:rocker:

hellas719
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Our women finished last in Pool A:o

Pzczszeleny (sp:o) is a poster here who knows everything about volleyball told me that our women's team is horrible, which is surprising considering Greece is a country with volleyball traditions (never knew that;)), but our men are good:)

hellas719
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Our men are currently in third in Pool B (men started later so they will end later);)
Although we are only one match behind 1st:cool:
Standings for Pool B:
1.Belgium 5-3
1.Germany 5-3
3.Greece 4-4
4.Romania 2-6

hellas719
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:16 AM
The scores of our matches against Germany were both 3-1, but one was in our favor and one was in their favor;)

hellas719
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:16 AM
The scores of our matches against Germany were both 3-1, but one was in our favor and one was in their favor;)

Forgot to mention that they were held in Lamia, and they were our last home matches:sad:

hellas719
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:18 AM
So our men play two matches in Romania next weekend and two in Belgium the following weekend;)
I think we can split the ones in Belgium and win both in Romania:bounce:
Then we would probably be in the final four:aparty:

hellas719
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Our women's "B" team lost on Sunday to Turkey 3-0 (25-17, 25-21, 25-23) :sad:
Good try girls:hug:

hellas719
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Today, our women beat Bosnia-Herzegovina 3-1;):banana:
And our men beat Morocco 3-1:rocker:

hellas719
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Tomorrow, our women play Albania and our men play Slovenia;)
If our women lose...:tape:
Then again, it's our "B" team against Albania's "A" team:shrug:
But still:p

Go Greece!!

hellas719
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Wow, I'm such a post-whore:o:lol:

merda2004
Jun 30th, 2009, 09:19 AM
u are! hahaha.u like the sound of ur own voice!!!!so keep us posted about the results and give us the link to check too.

hellas719
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Link for Men's European League:
http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/website/main_menu/volleyball/european_league/2557/17140/17148/13346_EN.html

Link for Mediterranean Games:
http://www.pescara2009.it/

merda2004
Jul 1st, 2009, 08:52 AM
i am getting confused here!!!!the thread has the title "world grand prix" why are we talking about mediterranean games?

hellas719
Jul 1st, 2009, 02:12 PM
It's an error I think;)
Ula made this thread during the Grand Prix, so I should tell her to change it to "Volleyball" or something:p

hellas719
Jul 1st, 2009, 02:13 PM
On Tuesday, our women beat Albania 3-0;)
Our men lost 3-1 to Slovenia:tape:

hellas719
Jul 1st, 2009, 09:19 PM
Today, our men beat France 3-0 and our women didn't play;)

Tomorrow, our men play Italy in the preliminaries and our women play Italy in the semifinals;)
Pame!

merda2004
Jul 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
italy? yea ok we now know the result ...lol...they will lose!

hellas719
Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Women lost to Italy 3-1 and men lost to them 3-2:sad:
At least we didn't get destroyed:shrug:

Both of our teams are off tomorrow;)

hellas719
Jul 6th, 2009, 02:47 AM
In the men's european league, our men lost 3-2 to Romania this weekend twice:tape:
And to think that we were contenders a few weeks ago:rolleyes::o

hellas719
Jul 6th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Our women finished in 4th and our men finished in 6th in Pescara:tape:

hellas719
Jul 7th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Our men need a miracle now to reach the final four in the European League:sad:

hellas719
Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:42 PM
We lost 3-2 and 3-0 to Belgium:o:rolleyes:

hellas719
Aug 12th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Men's Junior World Championship 2009
Pune, India

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/thumb/6/60/Logo_CMJ_2009.JPG/400px-Logo_CMJ_2009.JPG

First Round

Pool A
31.07 10:00 USA vs. Belarus 3:1 (32-30, 21-25, 25-18, 30-28)
31.07 16:00 Tunisia vs. India 0:3 (11-25, 15-25, 13-25)
01.08 14:00 Tunisia vs. USA 1:3 (25-21, 19-25, 15-25, 21-25)
01.08 18:00 India vs. Belarus 2:3 (21-25, 25-22, 23-25, 25-20, 11-15)
02.08 14:00 Belarus vs. Tunisia 3:1 (24-26, 26-24, 25-17, 25-17)
02.08 18:00 India vs. USA 3:0 (25-23, 25-21, 25-18)

1. India ............... 3 ... 5 ... 8 - 3 ... 255 - 208 .. 1.226
2. USA ................. 3 ... 5 ... 6 - 5 ... 266 - 256 .. 1.039
3. Belarus ............. 3 ... 5 ... 7 - 6 ... 308 - 297 .. 1.037
4. Tunisia ............. 3 ... 3 ... 2 - 9 ... 203 - 271 .. 0.749

Pool B
31.07 10:00 Iran vs. Belgium 3:0 (25-20, 27-25, 25-17)
31.07 14:00 China vs. Egypt 3:0 (25-16, 25-20, 25-17)
01.08 12:00 Belgium vs. Egypt 3:0 (25-12, 32-30, 25-21)
01.08 18:00 Iran vs. China 3:1 (25-15, 22-25, 25-15, 25-13)
02.08 12:00 China vs. Belgium 0:3 (17-25, 22-25, 22-25)
02.08 14:00 Egypt vs. Iran 1:3 (9-25, 25-19, 21-25, 20-25)

1. Iran ................ 3 ... 6 ... 9 - 2 ... 268 - 205 .. 1.307
2. Belgium ............. 3 ... 5 ... 6 - 3 ... 219 - 201 .. 1.090
3. China ............... 3 ... 4 ... 4 - 6 ... 204 - 225 .. 0.907
4. Egypt ............... 3 ... 3 ... 1 - 9 ... 191 - 251 .. 0.761

Pool C
31.07 12:00 Cuba vs. Argentina 0:3 (20-25, 29-31, 16-25)
31.07 14:00 Greece vs. France 0:3 (18-25, 20-25, 24-26)
01.08 12:00 France vs.Argentina 3:2 (19-25, 25-23, 20-25, 25-23, 15-11)
01.08 16:00 Greece vs. Cuba 0:3 (17-25, 20-25, 16-25)
02.08 12:00 Cuba vs. France 3:2 (23-25, 25-22, 25-16, 22-25, 15-13)
02.08 16:00 Argentina vs. Greece 3:1 (20-25, 25-22, 25-16, 25-17)

1. Argentina ........... 3 ... 5 ... 8 - 4 ... 283 - 249 .. 1.137
2. Cuba ................ 3 ... 5 ... 6 - 5 ... 250 - 235 .. 1.064
3. France .............. 3 ... 5 ... 8 - 5 ... 281 - 279 .. 1.007
4. Greece .............. 3 ... 3 ... 1 - 9 ... 195 - 246 .. 0.793

Pool D
31.07 12:00 Poland vs. Canada 2:3 (25-19, 21-25, 25-15, 20-25, 11-15)
31.07 16:00 Russia vs. Brazil 1:3 (28-30, 16-25, 25-23, 19-25)
01.08 14:00 Brazil vs. Canada 3:0 (25-21, 25-22, 25-13)
01.08 16:00 Russia vs. Poland 3:2 (32-30, 21-25, 16-25, 25-22, 15-10)
02.08 16:00 Canada vs. Russia 1:3 (30-32, 16-25, 25-17, 22-25)
02.08 18:00 Poland vs. Brazil 0:3 (18-25, 23-25, 18-25)

1. Brazil .............. 3 ... 6 ... 9 - 1 ... 253 - 203 .. 1.246
2. Russia .............. 3 ... 5 ... 7 - 6 ... 296 - 308 .. 0.961
3. Canada .............. 3 ... 4 ... 4 - 8 ... 248 - 276 .. 0.899
4. Poland .............. 3 ... 3 ... 4 - 9 ... 273 - 283 .. 0.965

Second Round

Pool G
04.08 12:00 Egypt vs. France 1:3 (23-25, 19-25, 25-18, 19-25)
04.08 14:00 Belarus vs. Poland 0:3 (19-25, 23-25, 20-25)
05.08 12:00 Belarus vs. France 0:3 (20-25, 18-25, 23-25)
05.08 16:00 Egypt vs. Poland 1:3 (22-25, 21-25, 25-23, 21-25)
06.08 16:00 France vs. Poland 2:3 (24-26, 25-20, 25-16, 20-25, 12-15)
06.08 12:00 Belarus vs. Egypt 3:1 (15-25, 25-19, 26-24, 25-17)

1. Poland .............. 3 ... 6 ... 9 - 3 ... 275 - 257 .. 1.070
2. France .............. 3 ... 5 ... 8 - 4 ... 274 - 249 .. 1.100
3. Belarus ............. 3 ... 4 ... 3 - 7 ... 214 - 235 .. 0.911
4. Egypt ............... 3 ... 3 ... 3 - 9 ... 260 - 282 .. 0.922

Pool H
04.08 16:00 Tunisia vs. Canada 1:3 (25-20, 20-25, 18-25, 23-25)
04.08 18:00 Greece vs. China 3:2 (25-23, 23-25, 24-26, 25-12, 15-13)
05.08 18:00 China vs. Canada 3:2 (25-18, 20-25, 23-25, 25-17, 15-12)
05.08 14:00 Tunisia vs. Greece 2:3 (25-15, 23-25, 21-25, 25-22, 13-15)
06.08 14:00 Canada vs. Greece 3:1 (26-24, 18-25, 25-22, 25-18)
06.08 18:00 China vs. Tunisia 3:0 (25-15, 25-18, 25-22)

1. China ............... 3 ... 6 ... 9 - 4 ... 295 - 251 .. 1.175
2. Canada .............. 3 ... 5 ... 8 - 5 ... 286 - 283 .. 1.011
3. Greece .............. 3 ... 4 ... 6 - 8 ... 290 - 313 .. 0.927
4. Tunisia ............. 3 ... 3 ... 3 - 9 ... 248 - 272 .. 0.912

Pool E
04.08 12:00 Belgium vs. Argentina 3:2 (22-25, 25-21, 28-26, 21-25, 15-9)
04.08 18:00 India vs. Russia 3:2 (25-22, 26-28, 33-31, 22-25, 15-11)
05.08 14:00 Belgium vs. Russia 0:3 (21-25, 13-25, 17-25)
05.08 18:00 India vs. Argentina 0:3 (14-25, 21-25, 17-25)
06.08 18:00 India vs. Belgium 3:2 (18-25, 25-19, 25-16, 22-25, 15-11)
06.08 14:00 Argentina vs. Russia 3:0 (25-19, 25-23, 25-18)

1. Argentina ........... 3 ... 5 ... 8 - 3 ... 256 - 223 .. 1.148
2. India ............... 3 ... 5 ... 6 - 7 ... 278 - 288 .. 0.965
3. Russia .............. 3 ... 4 ... 5 - 6 ... 252 - 247 .. 1.020
4. Belgium ............. 3 ... 4 ... 5 - 8 ... 258 - 286 .. 0.902

Pool F
04.08 14:00 USA vs. Brazil 1:3 (21-25, 23-25, 25-22, 17-25)
04.08 16:00 Iran vs. Cuba 0:3 (18-25, 23-25, 22-25)
05.08 12:00 USA vs. Cuba 0:3 (23-25, 23-25, 23-25)
05.08 16:00 Iran vs. Brazil 0:3 (20-25, 22-25, 18-25)
06.08 12:00 Iran vs. USA 3:2 (23-25, 25-21, 25-18, 20-25, 15-10)
06.08 16:00 Brazil vs. Cuba 3:0 (25-22, 25-14, 25-22)

1. Brazil .............. 3 ... 6 ... 9 - 1 ... 247 - 204 .. 1.211
2. Cuba ................ 3 ... 5 ... 6 - 3 ... 208 - 207 .. 1.005
3. Iran ................ 3 ... 4 ... 3 - 8 ... 231 - 249 .. 0.928
4. USA ................. 3 ... 3 ... 3 - 9 ... 254 - 280 .. 0.907

Semifinal Round

Classification 13-16
08.08 12:00 Greece vs. Egypt 2:3 (23-25, 25-21, 22-25, 25-23, 11-15)
08.08 14:00 Belarus vs. Tunisia 1:3 (25-17, 19-25, 24-26, 22-25)

Classification 9-12
08.08 16:00 China vs. France 0:3 (16-25, 21-25, 22-25)
08.08 18:00 Poland vs. Canada 3:0 (25-18, 25-18, 25-21)

Classification 5-8
08.08 12:00 Iran vs. Belgium 0:3 (19-25, 24-26, 18-25)
08.08 14:00 Russia vs. USA 3:0 (25-19, 25-18, 25-18)

Semifinals
08.08 18:00 Brazil vs. India 3:2 (25-19, 17-25, 25-19, 23-25, 15-9)
08.08 16:00 Argentina vs. Cuba 1:3 (19-25, 18-25, 26-24, 20-25)

Final Round

15th Place Match
09.08 10:00 Greece vs. Belarus 0:3 (23-25, 16-25, 22-25)

13th Place Match
09.08 12:00 Egypt vs. Tunisia 3:2 (25-16, 20-25, 23-25, 25-20, 15-13)

11th Place Match
09.08 14:00 China vs. Canada 3:2 (21-25, 18-25, 26-24, 25-22, 15-8)

9th Place Match
09.08 16:00 France vs. Poland 0:3 (14-25, 23-25, 17-25)

7th Place Match
09.08 12:00 Iran vs. USA 3:1 (22-25, 25-17, 25-12, 25-18)

5th Place Match
09.08 14:00 Belgium vs. Russia 1:3 (25-23, 18-25, 18-25, 15-25)

Bronze Medal Match
09.08 16:00 India vs. Argentina 0:3 (19-25, 16-25, 22-25)

Final
09.08 18:00 Brazil vs. Cuba 3:2 (30-28, 21-25, 25-22, 23-25, 15-8)

Final Ranking

1. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_Brazil.svg/18px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil
2. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_Cuba.svg/18px-Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png Cuba
3. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_Argentina.svg/18px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png Argentina
4. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_India.svg/18px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India
5. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_Russia.svg/18px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia
6. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_Belgium.svg/18px-Flag_of_Belgium.svg.png Belgium
7. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_Iran.svg/18px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png Iran
8. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_the_United_States.svg/18px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png USA
9. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_Poland.svg/18px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png Poland
10 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_France.svg/18px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France
11 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg/18px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png China
12 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_Canada.svg/18px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada
13 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/14/Flag_of_Egypt.svg/18px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png Egypt
14 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Flag_of_Tunisia.svg/18px-Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.png Tunisia
15 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_Belarus.svg/18px-Flag_of_Belarus.svg.png Belarus
16 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Flag_of_Greece.svg/18px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png Greece
Greece:help:

merda2004
Aug 13th, 2009, 10:10 AM
its ok our girls in beach volleyball did better.they won the silver medal the othe weekend!and now they are in the top 10 in the world!

hellas719
Aug 13th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks for telling me:D
That's great to hear:)

merda2004
Aug 16th, 2009, 05:19 PM
ur welcome...
http://www.fivb.org/EN/BeachVolleyball/Competitions/WorldTour/2009x/Event/Results.asp?TournCode=WMRS2009&Phase=2

Final
26-Jul 16:07 Arvaniti-Tsiartsiani GRE [20] Ross-Kessy USA [3] 0-2 (16-21, 17-21) 0:42

hellas719
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Great job koritsia:yeah:

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:13 AM
At the the Beach Volleyball World Youth Championships in Turkey this week, Greece has a team of Pasiali and Karavi in the women's tournament. They are 12th on the entry list and are in Pool A:cool:

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:14 AM
Pasiali and Karavi won their first match today 21-19 21-18 over a Swiss team:D

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:15 AM
Tomorrow, they have two matches, the last two of the group stage against a Polish duo and a Turkish duo. The Polish duo is 1-0 and the Turkish duo is 0-1;)
Pame!

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:16 AM
Unfortuantely, we have nobody on the mens side:sad:

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:19 AM
This week on the Beach Volleyball Main Tour, there is an event in Finland;)
Greece is represented by 15th seeds Vassiliki Arvaniti and Maria Tsiartsiani;)

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:20 AM
Maria Tsiartsiani:

http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690378&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:20 AM
Maria Tsiartsiani:

http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690379&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:22 AM
Vassiliki Arvaniti:

http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690376&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:23 AM
Maria Tsiartsiani and Vassiliki Arvaniti:

http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690375&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:24 AM
Maria Tsiartsiani:

http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690374&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:24 AM
Maria Tsiartsiani:

http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690373&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:27 AM
I never knew Scandinavia was that cold in the winter, but a lot of girls in this tournament are wearing long sleeve shirts and sweatpants:eek:

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:28 AM
FIVB's technical supervisor is actually Greek:cool:
His name is Nikos Sofianos;)

Here are some pics of him:

http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690168&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:29 AM
http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690166&maxsize=500

He's in the middle;)

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:30 AM
http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690165&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:30 AM
http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690164&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:31 AM
http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690163&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:32 AM
http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690162&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:33 AM
One of the referees, Fani Kastavouni is Greek;)

http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690641&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:35 AM
Back to Arvaniti/Tsiartsiani, they beat a Dutch team 23-21 21-18 in the first round :D

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:37 AM
In the second round, they lost to an American team, seeded 2nd 21-17 21-15 :(

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:38 AM
They then moved on to the loser's bracket, where they beat a Georgian duo 18-21 21-14 15-13 :woohoo:

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:44 AM
But then they lost to an Austrian duo seeded 7th, 21-17 21-14 :sad:

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:45 AM
In the mens event, Xenakis and Zoupanis were in the qualifying draw;)

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:46 AM
They won QR1 over a Norwegian duo seeded 11 spots higher than them, 21-17, 16-21, 15-11 :aparty:

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:48 AM
In QR2, they lost to a Norwegian duo seeded 32 spots higher than them, 21-17, 21-18 :(

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:49 AM
I looked for pics of them, but unfortunately I couldn't find any:sad:

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 11:19 PM
They lost to a Polish duo 21-9 21-12 and beat a Turkish duo 21-13 21-15 ;)

hellas719
Aug 21st, 2009, 11:21 PM
They play an Austrian duo seeded 7th in the first round now :bounce:

hellas719
Aug 23rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
They upset the Austrians 22-24 21-15 15-11 :eek::aparty:

hellas719
Aug 23rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
They lost in the next round to that same Polish team they lost to in the group stage in straight sets :(
Good tournament though :)

hellas719
Aug 23rd, 2009, 06:03 PM
Christina Pasiali and Tereza Karavi:

http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Images/GetImage.asmx?No=200690914&maxsize=500

hellas719
Aug 28th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Arvaniti and Tsiartsiani are playing a tournament in the Netherlands;)

hellas719
2-1 over a Swiss team in R1 :woohoo:

hellas719
2-0 over a Dutch team in R2 :D

hellas719
Aug 28th, 2009, 05:22 AM
2-0 over a Brazilian team in R3 :banana:

hellas719
Aug 28th, 2009, 05:22 AM
R4 vs. a second-seeded Brazilian team:scared:
Pame!

hellas719
Aug 28th, 2009, 11:31 PM
18-21 17-21 :sad:

hellas719
Aug 28th, 2009, 11:32 PM
They also lost to a Czech team 13-21 21-13 13-15 :bigcry:

hellas719
Sep 4th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Greek men play their opener tomorrow in Turkey at the European Championships against Spain :scared:
Pame! :bounce:

hellas719
Sep 4th, 2009, 11:44 PM
3-0 over Spain :eek::woohoo:

hellas719
Sep 4th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Now vs. Slovakia!

hellas719
Sep 5th, 2009, 04:42 PM
2 sets all :scared:

hellas719
Sep 6th, 2009, 02:34 PM
We won 3-2 :woohoo:

hellas719
Sep 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
We play Slovenia later;)

hellas719
Sep 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Anyone here?:scared:

hellas719
Sep 7th, 2009, 04:38 PM
We beat Slovenia 3-1 :woohoo:

hellas719
Sep 7th, 2009, 04:38 PM
R2 tomorrow vs. Germany ;)

merda2004
Sep 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
dont they have a good team????lets see!

hellas719
Sep 8th, 2009, 03:04 PM
We lost 3-1:(
Tomorrow vs. France;)

hellas719
Sep 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/tvelita2
^Livestream for today's match.

hellas719
Sep 9th, 2009, 06:00 PM
We lost the 1st set 25-18, but won 32-30 in, the 2nd :banana:

hellas719
Sep 9th, 2009, 06:21 PM
17-21 :scared:

hellas719
Sep 9th, 2009, 07:24 PM
1-3 :sobbing:

hellas719
Sep 9th, 2009, 07:25 PM
We play Poland tomorrow. We have no chance!:(

forever_rafter
Sep 10th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I'm afraid you don't but I'll cheer for you :)

merda2004
Sep 10th, 2009, 10:30 AM
are we still talking about it???they are out!!!at least we are doing much better in beach volleyball....

hellas719
Sep 10th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I'm afraid you don't but I'll cheer for you :)

Thanks;)
You guys are already through anyways:p

hellas719
Sep 10th, 2009, 03:01 PM
are we still talking about it???they are out!!!at least we are doing much better in beach volleyball....

If we beat Poland (which won't happen), and France and Germany lose, then we move on to the semifinals:p

hellas719
Sep 10th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Well now Germany won so we need France to lose to Spain and we need to beat Poland 3-0 :tape:
It won't happen :sobbing:

hellas719
Sep 10th, 2009, 07:01 PM
France won :(

hellas719
Sep 10th, 2009, 08:27 PM
We lost 3-0 anyways, congrats Poland :yeah:
But all the sets were close, as Poland won 25-22, 28-26, 25-20 ;)

hellas719
Sep 15th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Poland won it all so kudos to you, Ula :hug:

forever_rafter
Sep 15th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Poland won it all so kudos to you, Ula :hug:

thanks but I'm a fan of womens national team only :)

hellas719
Sep 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Oh:lol:

hellas719
Jun 6th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Ula, your Glinka is back! :eek:

hellas719
Jun 6th, 2010, 04:15 PM
The Greek men continue to struggle, lost 3-2 to Austria in the European League :o

EDIT-But now we best them 3-0 :cool: