PDA

View Full Version : Mirjana Lucic Comeback Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21

ajmo!
Aug 8th, 2010, 10:12 AM
OMG! Travel?! :mad: i guess she didn't thougt she would get in qualies :confused: big chance wasted

auntie janie
Aug 8th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Good thing it's not an injury. Sure hope she gets in Montreal qualies, though!

petar.st
Aug 8th, 2010, 11:12 AM
?! travel issue?! OMG...well...isnt that a bit too unprofessional ?! she is not just now starting on tour...but ok...
hope she will prepare beter for montreal

mikireturns
Aug 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM
If this odd situation was the result of travel issues, then it does underscore how very much it costs (and how difficult it is to travel) for players like Miki--players who have no abundance of sponsors to help defray costs. She may have been so uncertain of her placement in the qualifying draw that she dared not leave until the last possible minute, and thus didn't make it in time.

Remember, she took a big chance flying to England without knowing if she would find entry to the qually events. That's a lot of money out of her pocket. Even one or two nights in a hotel beforehand are expensive for mid-ranked players these days, not to mention the disgusting cost of airline travel. Miki may simply not have had time to make it to Cincinatti, and if that is the case, then I feel for her.

On the other hand, maybe the powers that run the event suddenly decided to be kind and give her a wc into the main draw and we'll see her there. (Doubt it ... highly)

ajmo!
Aug 8th, 2010, 04:52 PM
MD is already out :confused:

mikireturns
Aug 8th, 2010, 05:08 PM
No, no, I meant that more as a wishful joke. It would be really nice to see Miki given a chance, for example, if she were unable to make it to the event and given a wc. Of course, the draw is out and it was Coco V and Jamie H who got nice little wild-cards.

I do wish Mirjana would catch a break this summer, because she is playing so well. I guess she is just going to have to make her own breaks and Montreal and the US Open are huge targets for her. They have to be. But this event would have been a real chance for her to get that valuable competition against Top 100 players even in qualifying rounds, and she needs that.

ajmo!
Aug 8th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Her chances to get in in Montreal are not big as they were in Cinccinati.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 8th, 2010, 05:52 PM
She better get in Montreal, I'll be so pissed if she misses the cut :sobbing:

mikireturns
Aug 8th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I know ... her Montreal chances are not as great, but at least if she heads up that way she'll save herself extra travel expenses (for herself and her coach) because NYC is much closer to Montreal than Cincinnati. Plus, if Alexandra Stevenson was last direct acceptance for the Western & Southern qually draw with a ranking in the 300s, I gotta believe Miki will somehow, someway squeak into the Montreal quallies.

Crossing fingers, anyhow.

Srodgers
Aug 8th, 2010, 05:56 PM
No, no, I meant that more as a wishful joke. It would be really nice to see Miki given a chance, for example, if she were unable to make it to the event and given a wc. Of course, the draw is out and it was Coco V and Jamie H who got nice little wild-cards.

I do wish Mirjana would catch a break this summer, because she is playing so well. I guess she is just going to have to make her own breaks and Montreal and the US Open are huge targets for her. They have to be. But this event would have been a real chance for her to get that valuable competition against Top 100 players even in qualifying rounds, and she needs that.

I think Miki should do it herself, instead of relying on WC's
And btw before Cincy only 10 of 32 WCs in American events have gone to Americans. I think it was time for them to actually get some this time.

mikireturns
Aug 8th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Eh, one wild card would be nice. That's not asking too much. She hasn't gotten any thus far.

SERVivor
Aug 8th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I really don't think that Stevensen's ranking warrented entry to the last two events in San Diego and Cincinnati. I think they made a special place for her, but didn't call it a wild card. Because everyone else was ranked in the top 200.

Srodgers
Aug 8th, 2010, 10:16 PM
In the last 2 events, basically anyone who showed up and signed in got into the Q draw. That's it. Don't be hating on Alex :sobbing:

Idk why you guys are so upset at other players? She withdrew from Cincy, its not other players faults.

mikireturns
Aug 9th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Stevenson's whole career has been trumped-up, and that's only my opinion, but ...

Anyhow, I really hope Mirjana is working her tail off to get ready for Montreal and the US Open. I expect what we saw in Cincinnati is the very hard-core fact that she has been forced to save her money very carefully and use it very judiciously on this comeback. She has to look ahead to what she will be spending in the Northeast for Montreal and/or Flushing Meadows.

It must be understood that the costs to actually get from Point A to Point B just to play these events is staggering for a pro with no racquet, shoe, or clothing sponsor, much less any bigger endorsements. A great many players who can't make it out of the 200s & 300s after playing full schedules for 2 years frankly have to move on and find work in other fields, unless they manage to find sympathetic patrons. Miki has done quite wonderfully this summer, compared to last year, but I'm sure she has been hoping for a bigger run sooner, rather than later. That's why every big-money tournament counts, if she can get there and play it. Too bad about Cincy.

My hunch is that she is focusing all of her mental, physical, and financial resources on the US Open quallies, though I do think she will surely show-up for Montreal if she makes the cut. Her ranking still stands at No. 150 as of today.

SERVivor
Aug 9th, 2010, 03:56 PM
she's played alot of matches lately, so I actually think a week off from competition won't hurt her. If she makes the montreal q. draw, and plays, then it's no big deal because Montreal is a similar tournament. If she can't play Montreal either, she will be at a disadvantage at the U.S. Open qualiies, because her competiton will have likely played one or two of these lead up tournaments.

kfh_9118
Aug 9th, 2010, 10:46 PM
hopefully this one week off will do wonder to her results next week or in US Open.

ajmo!
Aug 10th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Looks like Miki's out form Montreal :crying2:
She was 8 out of qualies and 5 players are out and now she's not among top 3 alt. Riske is 3rd and she's ranked lower so Miki withdrew :scared: :confused: :mad: :sad:

Ballbasher
Aug 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I'm so scared she is injured. :help: I don't believe what Simone posted is false at all!

ajmo!
Aug 10th, 2010, 03:53 PM
it's false, no worries. maybe he posted it about someone else. :wavey:

Ballbasher
Aug 10th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Phew!!! :D How do you know? :)

networthy
Aug 10th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I'm so scared she is injured. :help: I don't believe what Simone posted is false at all!

What did he post...? :confused:

MLF
Aug 10th, 2010, 10:05 PM
What did he post...? :confused:

He posted something about himself on his own personal Twitter which Lucic Fan misinterpreted as being about Mirjana.

mikireturns
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:01 PM
The message on Simone's Twitter was indeed related to something else and has nothing to do with Mirjana:

The facts:

1. Mirjana is NOT injured.

2. She is this minute "training VERY hard" for the US Open.

This comes from the most reliable Miki-source imaginable (and it's NOT me).

Cheer up, good fans.:D

Ballbasher
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Ok I'm officially relieved for now. :p

Pebbles
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I thought it seemed strange when I saw the thread in GM, I had to double take :lol: I'm glad all is OK, an injury now would've been pretty much the worst timing ever.

ajmo!
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:47 PM
He posted something about himself on his own personal Twitter which Lucic Fan misinterpreted as being about Mirjana.

well hr writes about miki all the time and he wrote something like f**king injury when miki didn't show up in cincci and than next post was: no montreal and no tournaments in 2010 :(((
sorry, but was it that hard to misinterpret?

sorry simone, this montreal made me almost sure that's about miki. didn't know he was playing in montreal or anything.
anyway, miki is out from montreal

f**king injury Aug 8
No Montreal..And..No tournaments for 2010.. 10 hours ago

Knowing Simone is always posting news about miki on his twitter i got it wrong..
sorry again, and sorry simone :wavey:

ajmo!
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:49 PM
The message on Simone's Twitter was indeed related to something else and has nothing to do with Mirjana:

The facts:

1. Mirjana is NOT injured.

2. She is this minute "training VERY hard" for the US Open.

This comes from the most reliable Miki-source imaginable (and it's NOT me).

Cheer up, good fans.:D

i got the same info. thanks to our source :worship:

Pebbles
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:53 PM
well hr writes about miki all the time and he wrote something like f**king injury when miki didn't show up in cincci and than next post was: no montreal and no tournaments in 2010 :(((

sorry simone, this montreal made me almost sure that's about miki. didn't know he was playing in montreal or anything.
Everyone makes mistakes :hug: I thought the same too when I saw the Twitter.

AaronJoyB
Aug 11th, 2010, 05:45 AM
For the record: Its Simone Mori Twitter! If i speak about Mirjana i write her name! Stop this insane madness

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 11th, 2010, 05:49 AM
LMFAO :haha:

ajmo!
Aug 11th, 2010, 07:36 AM
For the record: Its Simone Mori Twitter! If i speak about Mirjana i write her name! Stop this insane madness

insane madness? i wrote sorry and apologized for 1000 times. and this is like 10th time i did(posted wrong info) it that you have to react like this?! and you weren't always writing name and look at post yourself, it's really hard to get confused. plus i just saw few minutes earlier that she was out from montreal and then that post. you would have to be an idiot not to think the way i did. and since we got no info about last two withdrawals i assumed something. many times you were just writing her score etc. without name. so give me a break :rolleyes:plus i never claimed anything, i posted question mark in a thread in GM.

now all off you are smart and laughing at my mistake :p

thanks Pebbles

networthy
Aug 11th, 2010, 09:20 AM

Memoirs, your attitude is out of line.

AaronJoyB
Aug 11th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Memoirs, your attitude is out of line.

Well, I always provided REAL MIRJANA FACTS! Lucic fan created a big case when all I wrote was about MY life!

AaronJoyB
Aug 11th, 2010, 11:38 AM

Aug 8
10 hours ago

Knowing Simone is always posting news about miki on his twitter i got it wrong..
sorry again, and sorry simone :wavey:
I work for a tennis magazine... so i were meant to be around the globe...that's the reason!
Anyway...its all ok!:cool:

MLF
Aug 11th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Lucic Fan, no one is annoyed with you, you're a good Miki fan but you do panic and worry a little too quickly - at one point you were speculating that she had been injured in a car crash and would be missing the rest of the year. Keep up the good support :)

ajmo!
Aug 11th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Lucic Fan, no one is annoyed with you, you're a good Miki fan but you do panic and worry a little too quickly - at one point you were speculating that she had been injured in a car crash and would be missing the rest of the year. Keep up the good support :)

don't i when i paniced last time and this was really weird, i guess many of you would react the same(if you have seen that she's out from montreal and than simone's post), that's the problem when you're favorite player's not Serena Williams or Maria Sharapova. You never know what's going on.

I WOULD JUST LIKE THIS STORY TO END! WRITE ABOUT MIKI AND NOT ABOUT MISTAKES SOMEBODY ELSE MADE :wavey:

Anyway I see this is already 4036th post, we're nearing 5000 when thread will be closed I think. I already send PM to everyone but some didn't pay attention to it. Guys vote for Miki to get subforum, it would all be easier than. thanks :worship:

mikireturns
Aug 12th, 2010, 02:28 AM
VERY nice to see Sport's Illustrated's Jon Wertheim acknowledge Mirjana's return-to-form in his widely read SI column the other day:

http://lucicreturns.blogspot.com/

ajmo!
Aug 12th, 2010, 11:52 PM
It's not about Miki but guess who is Last direct acceptance in Montreal Q...Yehh..Stevenson again:rolleyes: i'm gonna hate her just because of ''luck'' she has

networthy
Aug 13th, 2010, 12:12 AM
^ There's something fishy going on. It's not possible that she's always the last direct acceptance, especially when the next higher ranked player is ranked much higher.

Pebbles
Aug 13th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Miki :crying2: I think Alex is a WC, although I don't see why her current form would warrant one over Mirjana.

ajmo!
Aug 13th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Well Mirjana was in qualies and than she withdrew.

ma re
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:35 AM
Another nice mention: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2010-08-20/201008201282339533885.html

ajmo!
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
draw will be out today?

ma re
Aug 23rd, 2010, 10:34 AM
^^I'm not sure, I think today will draw for the men's qualies be out, and the one for womem's qualies tomorrow - that's usually how it's done on slams:shrug:

ajmo!
Aug 23rd, 2010, 10:38 AM
I think I saw somewhere that qualies will start tomorrow but we'll see

AaronJoyB
Aug 23rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Draw today

mikireturns
Aug 23rd, 2010, 01:48 PM
Bwahahahahaha!:devil:

One thing is certain: Mirjana has never practiced harder or been in better fitness than for this event. Even if I were a top seed in the quallies, I would not want to see her name next to mine in the draw.

Let's hope for nice weather. We already know the draw will be stormy.

But MikiLoo is ready for it.

www.lucicreturns.blogspot.com

ajmo!
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:05 PM
Shuai Zhang CHN (4)-Ioana Raluca Olaru ROU
Ekaterina Dzehalevich BLR -Mirjana Lucic CRO
Julia Cohen USA- Naomi Cavaday GBR
Kathrin Woerle GER -Sesil Karatantcheva KAZ (29)
GL

ajmo!
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:12 PM
Dzehalevich had good two tournaments. In one 50k lost in finals(lost in 3 sets to Rodina, defeated Panova) and on other lost to girl who defeated Pervak, Panova on same tournament and lost in finals. In Wimbledon qualies she lost to Ajla, Roland Garros to Kanepi. Good luck Miki

tennismaster8820
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:20 PM
Not the best draw! :o
But she can beat them all with good play!
Good luck Mirjana!

Sasja
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:21 PM
GL Miki :cheer:

MLF
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:24 PM
Dzehalevich is a good player, but not as good as Miki if Miki is on. Round 2 looks potentially even tougher but one match at a time ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 23rd, 2010, 11:43 PM
Olaru and Thunderous SESIL looming :lol:

Not the best of draws, but I believe in her. Feels like she hasn't played in ages!

mikireturns
Aug 24th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Saw the draw just now ... all absolutely winnable if Miki is firing on all cylinders, and she has been firing pretty steady for months.

Also, she has been in major workout/drills "mode" for the Open ... she's never been fitter or more well-prepared. Fact. I think it's awesome that, at this point, after all that has happened to her, she has committed herself so unwaveringly to her comeback.

We all believe in her, and I must say it's great to share this young woman's journey with like-minded fans and admirers like the people who post here in the Mirjana forum. Let's sit back and see what she can do!

~It's US Open Time~

ma re
Aug 24th, 2010, 06:34 AM
The draw looks tough, and like so many times before, it'll primarily depend on Mirjana's own level of play and mental focus.

Good luck:wavey:

Hele.
Aug 24th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Good luck! :yeah:

kfh_9118
Aug 24th, 2010, 09:25 AM
good luck Miki :bounce:

Pebbles
Aug 24th, 2010, 12:08 PM
She will do it, no doubts about that :) Best of luck Mirjana!

SERVivor
Aug 24th, 2010, 01:34 PM
good luck

AaronJoyB
Aug 24th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Good luck

rucolo
Aug 24th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Good luck at the US Open, Mirjana!:);)

Fight and qualify!

ajmo!
Aug 24th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Another good news: Miki is 2 ouf of WTA Quebec City MD :)

xcrtbckhnd
Aug 24th, 2010, 10:23 PM
GL Miki! Show some good tennis and give a good fight - that's all I want to see at this point - oh, and also for her to stay healthy!

Sasja
Aug 25th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Wednesday OOP

Court 16 11:00 Start Time
1. Corinna Dentoni (ITA) v. Masa Zec Peskiric (SLO)[27]
2. Monica Niculescu (ROU)[3] v. Nikola Hofmanova (AUT)
3. Jerzy Janowicz (POL) v. Frederik Nielsen (DEN)
4. Ekaterina Dzehalevich (BLR) v. Mirjana Lucic (CRO)
5. Alexandre Sidorenko (FRA) v. Reda El Amrani (MAR)
6. Evgeniya Rodina (RUS)[6] v. Marta Domachowska (POL)

GL Miki :cheer:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 25th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Weather is supposed to suck :sad:

Sasja
Aug 25th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Weather is supposed to suck :sad:

:rain: :sobbing:

ajmo!
Aug 25th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Mirjana wont play today :(

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 25th, 2010, 07:25 PM
So long as she's not playing at the same time as DOKIC, I'm gonna be watching Miki live tomorrow :banana:

SERVivor
Aug 25th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I have decided to attend the qualifying on Thursday. The weather is supposed to be good tomorrow, and because of all the cancelled matches the last two days, the schedule will be stacked. I do not have a digital camera (don't laugh) but will provide match analysis when I get back.

SERVivor
Aug 25th, 2010, 07:26 PM
What the deuce, I'll be there too!

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 25th, 2010, 07:33 PM
What the deuce, I'll be there too!
I'll likely be in a light blue tank top and a blue/white North Carolina hat :p

Sasja
Aug 25th, 2010, 07:44 PM
So long as she's not playing at the same time as DOKIC, I'm gonna be watching Miki live tomorrow :banana:

I have decided to attend the qualifying on Thursday. The weather is supposed to be good tomorrow, and because of all the cancelled matches the last two days, the schedule will be stacked. I do not have a digital camera (don't laugh) but will provide match analysis when I get back.

I'm so jealous :p

Have fun! :cheer: :yeah:

networthy
Aug 25th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I'm so jealous :p

Have fun! :cheer: :yeah:

Me too! And to think I was in NYC this past weekend but had to come home on Monday, the day before qualies started :fiery:

ajmo!
Aug 25th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Enjoy and take photos ;)

SERVivor
Aug 25th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I'll likely be in a light blue tank top and a blue/white North Carolina hat :p

I'll be wearing blue shorts, a tee shirt, a white hat and sunglasses (trying to look like a tennis player like most other fans).

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Wow -- have a blast at Flushing Meadows, guys. I'll be there later, in the next two weeks. It would be great to meet Miki-supporters, no matter how she does (and I'm expecting her to do WELL).

Either way, have a great time and keep us informed when you haved opportunity.:cool:

tennismaster8820
Aug 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM
:lol:
I am jelaous at you all who have opportunities to visit any of 4 grand slams live! :lol:

Have fun there and chear for Miki as much as it is allowed! :p :lol:

croat123
Aug 26th, 2010, 02:32 PM
good luck miki :D wish i could be there this year (although last time i was there for qualies all my favorites lost)

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Oh, man ... just noticed that Dokic got absolutely creamed. She had been on such a roll, too. What's up with some of these girls?

Keeping the Good Miki Vibes flowing to NYC. Can't wait to get to the event, but won't be there till after quallies. Dare I hope?

Yes, I dare!

Fly, Miki!

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:36 PM
My trip got cancelled unfortunately, so I'll be following on live scores with all of you :sobbing: One more match to go before she gets on.

Cheer louder for my absence, SERV :cheer: ;)

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Looks like about another 45 minutes and MJ will be on court.

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Well, now it looks like the match before will split. Hurry up and finish. Never even heard of these two before.

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:07 PM
With our luck, this match will go to 7-6 in the third. Get these girls OFF the court NOW!

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:08 PM
With our luck, this match will go to 7-6 in the third. Get these girls OFF the court NOW!

they are boys :p

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Mirjana is in the best shape of her entire career, specificaly for this event. She has never trained harder. She is looking to take it to the next level. She has worked SO hard for this.

She will be dangerous from here on out, no matter what happends, but it's always so nerve-wracking, isn't it? This is the Open. Now is the time.

On pins & needles with the rest of you ...

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Man, my spelling sucked. Sorry, gang. That's what happens when typing w/ one hand.

specifically

and

happens.

Good grief. Go Miki!!!

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I have to say that I'm really calm, not nervous at all. It was harder to follow those challengers and waiting for scores, but now I believe Miki is ready to beat anybody and I believe she's finally ready to win matches in a row on WTA Tour level. I expect a lot here in New York. GL today

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Next!!!!!!

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:13 PM
they are boys :p

Ooops! :o

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I'm not nervous, just anxious to see what Mirjana shows up today.

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I'm not nervous, just anxious to see what Mirjana shows up today.

I never said you are, I just said I'm not nervous like I used to be before ;)

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Is anyone offering a live visual feed online?

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:16 PM
No

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Good for you, Lucic Fan. At least one of us will perhaps stay calm today!

Really, Miki is in unbelievable shape for this. Serving buckets & buckets. Running like mad.

I also think her time has arrived (again) and I'm equally excited to see what she will do after the Open, too.

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Let's just hope her US Open run lasts longer than Dokic's did today.

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Lucic *2-2, just wasted 0-40

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:46 PM
3-2, lost only 3 points on serve in 3 games

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:50 PM
*3-3

Miki missed another BP

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Give her time. Her numbers are good. She's settling in.

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:52 PM
30-40 :unsure:

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:53 PM
3-4*

Come on Miki!

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:54 PM
strange and a bit unlucky i guess

vedranTennis
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:54 PM
can't believe mirjana let down a serve. I was expecting more..she has to be consistent on her services, coz she is a good server

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:56 PM
15-40 :)

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:56 PM
She breaks right back :)

*4-4

vedranTennis
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:57 PM
btw love u all guys who write on this forum I always check it but rarely write. I write just for slams :P

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:57 PM
4-4

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Oh, Miki ... why do you do this to us?

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:00 PM
5-4

Sasja
5-4* :cool:

Sasja
btw love u all guys who write on this forum I always check it but rarely write. I write just for slams :P

:wavey:

vedranTennis
and she kept her serve :P but she has to do this with less effort aaaa !

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Miki, if "fan love" means points, you would win a whole lot more of them.

Now get your returns going and break this 'vich.

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Those match statistics for Grand Slams :unsure:
Just 1 winner and 2 UE for Miki so far.

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:03 PM
btw, Zhang - Olaru 2-6 6-2 1-0
Sesil won 60 63

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:04 PM
SP :bounce:

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Those match statistics for Grand Slams :unsure:
Just 1 winner and 2 UE for Miki so far.

:lol: they are just following aces and dfs

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:06 PM
shit

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Good fight from this girl(Dze...whatever), saved 5 bps and used one she got :eek:

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:07 PM
:lol: they are just following aces and dfs

:spit: :lol:
Why didn't I think of that :o

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM
This is bogus. Good fight or not from the Belarus chick, Miki needs to break free and play these big points like a champ.

vedranTennis
this game I like better...40:0

Sasja
Service game to love for Miki :)

6-5*

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Nice Miki!

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Mirjana is actually serving really well what's better than returning really well. i guess she needs few matches to get herself in right form, thinks do go like that when you miss few weeks. She'll be kicking as in MD ;)

Hele.
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Come on Miki!

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:10 PM
0-30 :angel:

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:11 PM
OMG, I was just making lunch in the kitchen. I didn't realize I've already missed almost the entire first set. LOL.

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:11 PM
30-40

Another SP!

Hele.
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:12 PM
First set 7-5 for Miki! :bounce:

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Miki wins the 1st set 7-5 :bounce:

mikireturns
GOD, please TAKE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLC
How many set points did that take? I was in the kitchen.

ajmo!
7-5 but not close at all, should/could have been 6-2. Finish it in 2!

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Miki needs to rock & roll now. She has the mental edge. This is hers.

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Oh Yeah.

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:16 PM
7-5 1-0*

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Another easy hold

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM
7-5 2-1* :)

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:28 PM
7-5 *2-2

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Mirjana, Break This Girl Open, Already.

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:33 PM
7-5 3-2* :p

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:35 PM
7-5 *3-3

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I am going into a self-induced coma until this wraps up.

Please excuse me.

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Zhang will be next, after dropping first set 2-6 she demolished Olaru 6-2 6-0 in next two. Of course, Mirjana first has to win her match today.

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:39 PM
From 40-15 to 40-Ad :scared:

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Miki lost her serve

7-5 3-4*

Please break right back again as you did in the 1st set :devil:

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:40 PM
BREAK HERE to serve for it.

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Match dissapeared from scoreboard :help:

Edit: It's back again :lol:

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:42 PM
:( again lost serve in 7th game

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Long game, but Dzehalevich eventually holds

7-5 *3-5

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:49 PM
3-5, bp wasted

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM
7-5 3-6

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:53 PM
:sad:

Come on Miki. Win the 3rd!

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Ick.

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:57 PM
This is nuts. Miki can take this if she just goes out and goes for her shots. I expect a strong third set from her.

BIG time. She has the match-toughness to pull this out.

ajmo!
Time To Show Who Is She

croat123
this isn't looking good... :sad:

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 08:59 PM
long break..hope it's not injury time out

croat123
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:00 PM
they just started up again...come on miki
(btw, mp pandzic and dodig just went through)

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Well, this is the time of truth. Is she ready?

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:05 PM
7-5 3-6 0-1

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Not looking good 0-40.

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:06 PM
0-40 :scared:

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Miki lost 6 games in a row now :tape:

croat123
:sad::sad:
and pandzic has wasted 5*-2 and mp

Sasja
7-5 3-6 0-2*

croat123
0-15 come on miki

croat123
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM
15-30 you can do this

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM
time for another big comeback

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:10 PM
7-5 3-6 *0-3

croat123
40-30 :sad:

JLC
This would be a great comeback...if it happens.

Hele.
Fight Miki!

croat123
7 games in a row, on a fast surface :o :sad:

vedranTennis
is this for real ?

mikireturns
Oh, man. This is unreal.

croat123
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:11 PM
come on miki...it all starts with a hold here

QueenBee
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Good luck in third set, Mirjana!

Fight to death! :yeah:

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:13 PM
yes, key game for miki

Sasja
7-5 3-6 1-3*

croat123
40-15

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:16 PM
7-5 3-6 *1-4

croat123
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:16 PM
she can't win return points :sad:

mikireturns
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:17 PM
This is just not cool.

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:17 PM
This girl is holding pretty easy. I have a feeling Lucic is dumping all her returns in the net.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:18 PM
It's funny cause she and Dokic are both gonna be bounced cause of stupid scheduling. I don't know the details behing why Miki hasn't played recently, but clearly it was a mistake coming into the USO cold.

croat123
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:20 PM
40-15 come on miki

ajmo!
It's funny cause she and Dokic are both gonna be bounced cause of stupid scheduling. I don't know the details behing why Miki hasn't played recently, but clearly it was a mistake coming into the USO cold.

I would agree but I think this could help her to get good results in the rest of the season. And still this match isn't over
fight miki!

JLC
2-4 Gotta break here.

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:21 PM
7-5 3-6 2-4*

Come on Miki. It's just 1 break :angel:

croat123
now she must break!

croat123
I would agree but I think this could help her to get good results in the rest of the season. And still this match isn't over
fight miki!
she really needs these points..she has so much to defend these last few months

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I hope the people who said they were going to Flushing today will give the full report on what happened today. She can't even win a point on this girl's serve.

croat123
can't win a damn point

JLC
Maybe this girl will choke serving at 5-3.

croat123
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:23 PM
looking like another love hold :sad:

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:23 PM
7-5 3-6 *2-5

croat123
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:24 PM
2-5 :sad::sad:

ajmo!
hoping for a choke and another comeback

you can do it!

JLC
This is what fairytales are made of. Lucic fights back from 2-5, match point down in the first round of qualies and makes it to the semis of main draw.

croat123
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:27 PM
30-30 think this is it :sad:

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I'm having diarrhea pains.

JLC
Mp

croat123
mp :scared:

JLC
1 saved....

ajmo!
deuce

croat123
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Ad. Lucic

WhatTheDeuce
3-5*

It's do or die now.

JLC
Did she save 1 or 2 so far?

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Miki holds, saving 1 MP ;)

7-5 3-6 3-5*

JLC
Choke

ajmo!
This is what fairytales are made of. Lucic fights back from 2-5, match point down in the first round of qualies and makes it to the semis of main draw.

i hope

WhatTheDeuce
00-15

JLC
0-15

croat123
please choke...

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Choke! Choke! Choke! Choke! Choke!

Sasja
15-30 :angel:

JLC
15-30. First game of set she's won 2 points on opponents serve.

ajmo!
Play smart now Miki! Let her choke

JLC
double break point

Sasja
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM
15-40 :cheer:

mikireturns
Please.

croat123
please choke

ajmo!
2 BPs! ajmo!!!!!!!

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:33 PM
last train

JLC
....and we're on serve!

Sasja
Miki breaks back :bounce:

Now pleasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee hold :p

JLC
This should be interesting.

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:34 PM
hold now!!

croat123
great job miki...that was clutch
now please keep fighting!

mikireturns
Oh man. It is so tough and wonderful being her fan.

MLF
Can someone just fast forward this until it shows a Lucic win? ;) Hate this scoreboard watching.

ajmo!
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:36 PM
0-15 :scared:

JLC
15-30

WhatTheDeuce
15-30

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:37 PM
30-30

WhatTheDeuce
30-30

JLC
40-30

Pebbles
40-30

croat123
fight!!

JLC
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Good Lord she must be fist pumping galore!

Sasja
5-5 final set :)

Hele.
5-5!

tennismaster8820
This is so close!
Come on Mirjana fight now untill you win! :shout:
5/5 :)

JLC
Seems like she plays without much purpose until her back is against the wall.

ajmo!
5-5 :bounce:

mikireturns
Agony!!!!!!!

frenchie
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Come on Miki!!!

The first round is worth 40 precious points

croat123
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:40 PM