PDA

View Full Version : Mirjana Lucic Comeback Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21

AaronJoyB
Jul 14th, 2010, 06:05 AM
At 4-4 in The third Miki saved a breakpoint with an ace ... Well her scream was heard in all Sicily!

ma re
Jul 14th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Is this not also her first win over an actual, current Top 100 Player since Vesnina in 08 or 07? And in a main draw, too!

That match against Vesnina was in '07, but after that she beat Rodionova in S'Hertogenbosch in '08. I also dug out a bit of stats and came to a conclusion that Miki's win percentage is on the constant rise since the comeback. Not counting '07 when she played just a few matches, in '08 her win percentage was about 55%. Last year it got to about 60%, and at the moment she's somewhere around 66% of matches won in 2010. That's, for instance, very close (in fact, a bit better) than her win percentage in 1998, but the difference being the fact that in '98 she played mostly larger events. In terms of level of events she's playing now, it's similar to what she was playing back in '97, and then she finished the year winning around 84% of her matches.

Still, the numbers look promising, and after a win like this, it seems like pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together. I won't expect anything against Errani, it would be too much to expect a win there. But it'll be an interesting match which will be another indicator for Mirjana just where she is at the moment.

All the best in R2:wavey:

ajmo!
Jul 14th, 2010, 08:53 AM
At 4-4 in The third Miki saved a breakpoint with an ace ... Well her scream was heard in all Sicily!
:inlove:

DokDi
Jul 14th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Well done Mirjana! What a fight. :)
I think she has a good chance tomorrow as well, hopefully not too tired.

mikireturns
Jul 14th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Love the bit about the screaming ace! Mirjana is so passionate out there and has an intelligent mind, as well. Moreover, she is a well-spoken young woman. The tour needs stars like that.

She has a day of rest before facing her next challenge and I have to believe she'll feel pretty good going into that match after such a stunning return from the abyss against PP. Eranni is indeed a scurrying little backboard, but Miki could step into the court and, playing her big game, overpower her. That's how Bib Babe players beat Little Babe players like Eranni. They open the court and hit winners; Miki's on-the-rise shotmaking is also a nice factor in the contest with Eranni.

No matter what, I think Miki will walk onto the court feeling pretty good about herself. How could she not after such a win yesterday? This match was a big mental prize she will be able to carry with her for a long long time.

She's working so hard, and putting herself into position to compete against the best, and that's what she wanted to accomplish. She wants opportunities to beat the elite. How far she has come since last year!

SERVivor
Jul 14th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I think Mikireturns has a good point. Since Errani is a retriever who plays well behind the baseline, it will be imperative that Lucic step into the court and use angles. When one player stands far back, they can retrieve well, but are still vulnerable to angled shots if the opponent steps into the court and hits hard, angles shots.

ma re
Jul 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
...and one thing Miki used to do very nicely every time I watched her (back in the days) was shooting cross court winners! Hope we see that again tomorrow.

ajmo!
Jul 14th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Mirjana is in San Diego qualies :D
Looks like she has no plan to come back to ITF tournaments ever again :p

ajmo!
Jul 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Since June last year(match against Cigui) Miki has won 10 TBs she played and lost only one(to Siegemund, won other two sets 6-1, 6-2). Also, two of those(which she won) were third set TBs, against Sprem and Parmantier. Big thing :worship:
Also when score was 7-5 she won 12 sets, lost 5. She is good in important moments, even stat. can confirm it. ;)
In her career she played 6 TBs in third set, and you guessed it good, she won all 6 of them.

networthy
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Since June last year(match against Cigui) Miki has won 10 TBs she played and lost only one(to Siegemund, won other two sets 6-1, 6-2). Also, two of those(which she won) were third set TBs, against Sprem and Parmantier. Big thing :worship:
Also when score was 7-5 she won 12 sets, lost 5. She is good in important moments, even stat. can confirm it. ;)
In her career she played 6 TBs in third set, and you guessed it good, she won all 6 of them.

Really impressive on Mirjana's part :eek: From following her results over the past year, I had gotten the impression that she had regained her mental strength but thanks to Lucic fan for confirming it with data.

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 15th, 2010, 01:58 AM
So happy for Miki's win - was traveling for work and couldn't post until now, but saw the result when it happened and was so pleased for her. Kick some Errani ass tomorrow please!

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 15th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Centre Court (Not Before 6:30pm)
Mirjana Lucic vs. Sara Errani

AJMO :hearts: Can't wait to watch on livestream :banana: How is the stream, has anyone checked it out? Decent quality? Commentators or no?

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Yes, not before 6:30 on centre court :yeah:

I will be able to watch the match as well :hearts:

GL today Miki :)

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Centre Court (Not Before 6:30pm)
Mirjana Lucic vs. Sara Errani

AJMO :hearts: Can't wait to watch on livestream :banana: How is the stream, has anyone checked it out? Decent quality? Commentators or no?

I haven't seen matches of Palermo yet, because her 1st round match was not on centre so there was no live stream ;) But normally I watch matches on bet365.

croat123
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:20 AM
the stream is good. hope i'll be able to catch a bit of it

ma re
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Just some background on Errani's 2010...among other notable results there are two SF's on International series (Hobart, Marbella), one QF on Premier series (Warsaw), two R3's of slams, a win over Kleybanova in Miami (the best ranked defeated opponent), but also a loss to Gallovits in Acapulco (the lowest ranked defeated opponent).

Oh and, she's defending the finals here from last year, and will also be defending the finals in Portoroz next week.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 15th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I'm really not expecting Mirjana to win this match to be completely honest. I think she'd have a better shot on a surface other than clay and preferably not in Errani's home country. :p Mirjana's gonna have to catch some fire and serve with some semblance of consistency. Errani's level is definitely a couple notches above PP, and she's a good backboard when she's feeling good.

I'm just excited to watch and hoping Miki can put up a good fight. I may not think she'll win, but I'm not counting her out either. All things considered, I believe she'll show herself well, regardless of the outcome. She's a fighter.

Ajmo :hearts:

networthy
Jul 15th, 2010, 09:16 AM
^ I don't expect Mirjana to beat Errani either. If she wins, fantastic! If she loses, it's no big deal, as she has already well exceeded expectations this week. Her ranking will go up about a dozen spots. Points-wise, this is her third best result of the past *eight* years (after Jackson and Wimbledon, both also this year).

Also, she has been playing a lot in the past month so is entitled to be tired, both physically and mentally. Besides, the rest of the year looks very promising, especially since she's defending relatively few points (~100, or ~25% of her total).

petar.st
Jul 15th, 2010, 09:34 AM
which TV station is covering tournament...i know last year was Rai Sport..but this year i cant find it in program ... and via net will be probably too slow cause i dont have so fast internet...
thx

AaronJoyB
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:20 PM
which TV station is covering tournament...i know last year was Rai Sport..but this year i cant find it in program ... and via net will be probably too slow cause i dont have so fast internet...
thx
Supertennis tv

http://www.supertennis.tv/

auntie janie
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:55 PM

:rocker:

petar.st
Jul 15th, 2010, 02:04 PM
it says its not possible to watch from croatia...ah!

mikireturns
Jul 15th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Errani is ranked 34, and without too much of a pusher game and no big game; perhaps the ideal player Miki wants to "get a shot at" for all the above reasons. Miki ought to be rested after almost two days off, seeing as this match begins late. She'll be pumped-up for this one and I'm thinking that, after her brilliant escape in Round One, she will be in a mindset to really rise to the occasion. She really and truly has nothing to lose, and if she wants to grab a big win, it's there for her on that court.

There's no doubt she's match tough, and Errani has played only one match this event. If Miki plays to her full power ... we shall see. I think the Parmentier match was a watershed moment. We can only wait. Like the rest, I'm not counting her out.

I forgot she still has 100 points left to defend this year. That is indeed a lot. Does anyone else agree? She'll have to throw in some challengers after the US Open in order to maintain her rankings progress, unless she goes to Asia late in the year (not a bad idea!) to really prep for the Oz Open. Still, there's Stanford, San Diego, and the US Open awaiting her right after this. She might as well throw-in New Haven, if she can persuade the tournament director to give her a wild card (and I think she deserves one wild card this year). Then she can go home to her wonderful mum, get a hug, have some soup, and a well-deserved rest after one hell of a summer.

ajmo!
Jul 15th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I think she wont play challengers any more. I mean she could have entered some 100k MDs already this summer and she decided to play WTA qualies. I think she missed WTA Tour and now wants to use every opportunity to play on the highest level. If she gets good points in summer, sure not. Probably after US Open she'll play Quebec and than go to Europe or Aisa for WTA eventa, but we'll see. And 100 points isn't a lot(you can earn it with one win on GS). I mean even if she would somehow lose every match till the end of the season, she would still finish it as a TOP 200 player.

ma re
Jul 15th, 2010, 03:46 PM
It would indeed be great to see her play European or Asian indoor tournaments later in the year. Especially because her game is so well suited to fast indoor surfaces, and she has played just two tournaments and one FC tie (against Germany in '97) indoors in her whole career.

In Tokyo '98 she lost in R1 in singles (1 & 2 to Likhovtseva), but won the title in doubles (she and Hingis beat Davenport/Zvereva), and in Moscow '97 she lost in R1 in singles (2 & 4 to Sukova) and lost QR1 of doubles.

Anyway, those were very large tournaments (I think Tokyo was about $1M in prize money and Moscow not much less), but with a bit of an easier draw than back then she might make some nice results indoors.

frenchie
Jul 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Asian events are outdoor though

ajmo!
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Some challengers she played over the last few years were on indors hard: Toronto,Midland. Also Memphis qualies in 2007, Quebec qualies last year

mala18
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:37 PM
is there a link? to watch her?

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:40 PM
is there a link? to watch her?

bet365 :)

mala18
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:42 PM
cant find it

SERVivor
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:43 PM
http://watchlivetennis.org/live/today.php

mala18
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:45 PM
am I supposed to pay fotr this?

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Nice point for Miki

0-30

tennisfan5
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:47 PM
is there a livestream for the match?

tennisfan5
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:48 PM
whhops, sorry--missed the post before

mala18
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:48 PM
do i need to pay for it???

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:49 PM
*0-2

SERVivor
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:50 PM
free

SERVivor
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Errani is just getting ball back and letting Lucic make errors.

Sasja
No point made on her serve yet..
0-3*

mala18
DARN IT,, i dont see it
am i blind???

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:59 PM
DARN IT,, i dont see it
am i blind???

If you go to http://www.bet365.com/extra/en

Then go to live streaming. On the top right you see, join now. Register and you can watch it here!

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:59 PM
0-5*

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:03 PM
1st set Errani 6-0

Errani just has to bring the ball back. Too many UE from Miki. Come on!

SERVivor
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:04 PM
yikes. 0-6. she can only play better in set two. She's got the power to play from inside the court, but she has to get into the point to take advantage of her power. She's going for too much on the first shot instead of being a little more patient and setting things up first.

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:08 PM
yikes. 0-6. she can only play better in set two. She's got the power to play from inside the court, but she has to get into the point to take advantage of her power. She's going for too much on the first shot instead of being a little more patient and setting things up first.

Yes, in the 1st service game there were like 2 longer rallys. Miki hit those shots with lots of power and there was not a lot Errani could do. So hopefully she will not try to rush it in the 2nd set.

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:09 PM
0-6 1-0*

mikireturns
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:13 PM
uoof! Just got in and saw this fiasco. Miki not playing smart at all, thus far. At least she's on the board. She needs to be patient and open up the court when the time is right on a short ball!

(And get some serves in).

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:15 PM
0-6 2-1*

She's starting to play a bit better now. A little more patient and less UE.
Keep it up Miki!

croat123
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:25 PM
ugh i watch one point and it's a df on bp :fiery:

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:25 PM
0-6 2-3*

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:31 PM
0-6 3-4*

croat123
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:32 PM
good hold!! fight!

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:32 PM
0-6 3-4*

She needs a damn break already, this girl's serve is brutal. Can't believe she's let her off the hook this entire match.

AaronJoyB
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:33 PM
ugh i watch one point and it's a df on bp :fiery:

She is not playng bad... But that F•••ing Errani is a pusher... Cant stand at her

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Miki breaks back :)

0-6 *4-4

Now please hold :angel:

SERVivor
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Break!! Lucic blasts a weak moonball for the winning shot.

mikireturns
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Miki fighting again!!!!!!

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Lucky shot :p :lol:

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Great shot again!

0-6 5-4*

SERVivor
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:40 PM
damn. she's hitting everything in now. overpowering the pusher from Italy.

mikireturns
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:41 PM
She is into it now. She knows she can compete and beat this girl if she creates and waits for her opps!

The Miki drama never seems to end ... thankfully

mikireturns
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Mentality, Miki!!!!!

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
A few errors again in that game

0-6 *5-5

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Great BH 40-30

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Dropshot :hearts:

0-6 6-5*

mikireturns
Hell, YES, Miki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SERVivor
that dropshot was awsome. I didn't see it coming and neither did Errani

SERVivor
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:53 PM
why does she have to try to hit winners on every service return? It's great when it goes in but when it doesn't...

ajmo!
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:02 PM
good set 2 :hug: best of luck on hard courts.

MLF
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:02 PM
:( Errani d. Lucic 6-0 7-6.

Still another positive week for Miki, steps in the right direction. Still think she's too aggressive against this type of player, Errani can't hurt her so a bit more patience is required but I don't think Miki's going to change anytime soon. Good effort this week.

SERVivor
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:03 PM
great second set. She fought until the end and hit some great winners, just a few too many errors. Errani is quite the pusher/moonballer and she tempts her opponent to go for too much.

mikireturns
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Well, she knows what she has to work on. That set could have been hers and, if so, she could have taken the match and beaten a Top 40 player. Her focus was understandably off today, obviously streaky, but she could have beaten this girl on a different day. All in all, another encouraging show of "fight" from Miki, and she can only improve upon this.

tennisfan5
Yikes. First match i've really seen of her this year--it's really difficult to know what to expect from her. Either she's hitting brilliant winners, or terrible errors. I'm amazed she's developed any sort of consistency with that game this year. Can't help but feel if she took a little bit off, she'd be incredible. But she is a great fighter. Good luck on hardcourts.

WhatTheDeuce
I agree, much better in the second set. She was a couple of key shots away from winning it.

Onwards and upwards, Mirjana. Keep your head high. :yeah:

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Mirjana :hug:

Too many UE. But she hit some beautiful winners as well :hearts:
She went for too much, but then again difficult playing against Errani who is great at just getting the ball back.
Still another good week from her :)

networthy
Jul 15th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I forgot she still has 100 points left to defend this year. That is indeed a lot. Does anyone else agree?

Defending 100 points should be pretty easy considering that: (i) it's spread out over the next 4-5 months; (ii) so far in 2010 Mirjana has already picked up three times that many points; and (iii) Mirjana's ranking is high enough now that she can get into bigger tournaments. Winning just one qualifying match at the US Open would give her 40 points.

Of course, that all assumes that Mirjana will remain healthy and keep playing the rest of this year.

By the way, excellent week for her. Losing to Errani is no disgrace, given that she's top 40 and that Mirjana kept it very close for the second set.

Mirjana's direction is entirely positive. Next week, her ranking will go up by at least ten spots.

Hele.
Jul 15th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Good week for Miki :hug:

croat123
Jul 16th, 2010, 12:10 AM
the second set was pretty decent...she just needed some time to settle in and get used to errani's game. she needed to make more returns though, especially on second serves. that volley at 5-4* 15-0* was so close...

ma re
Jul 16th, 2010, 07:28 AM
All in all, not such a disaster of a match, and it proved yet again that as soon as she starts to actually think during a match, she has a chance against almost anyone. That first set was the worst I've seen from her in quite some time, a complete and utter self-destruction. Errani didn't have to do anything to win that one by a bagel. But then Miki (seems like it) started to rationalize what was going on, analyzing her opponent and creating some solutions. IMO she should've won that set and take it to third, she really missed on some opportuinities, but still it was nice to see her battle such a tight set against someone ranked so high. Hopefully she'll be better the next time they meet.

P. S. Did she break the world record for the greatest number of UE's made in a single set?!:lol:

ajmo!
Jul 16th, 2010, 09:39 AM
She seemed tacticaly unprepared for Errani. Against such moonballers who stand 5 meters behing baseline you should go on a net and short points with volleys or play dropshots, something she did twice in a match.
Overall I had a feeling Errani was on the edge in set 2, she looked like she could cry even.
I'm quite sure Miki would win third set cause Errani wasn't doing anythign by the end, specially not serving.
Also she should be more defensive, at least on clay. If she would hit first few shots just to get in and wait for a chance to hit winner like she did few times in second set, Errani would be bageled, and not Miki.
But I think she should do even better on hardcourts 'cause many of those points she lost when Errani was returning everything Miki would won after two shots because of faster surface. Maybe it will be harder for her to return, but she could do better. Also, to many DFs.

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 16th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I'm encouraged by her overall results in Palermo and even though she lost this last match, it was probably a valuable experience for her. Good luck to Miki in her next event, which is, I assume, Stanford, right?

ajmo!
Jul 16th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Yes, Stanford. We have to be happy cause she was down 4-6 0-2 in last qualy round and 7-5 0-6 0-4 in R1 and still made it to R2.

mikireturns
Jul 16th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I'm heading up to see her in Stanford if she makes the 2nd day of qualifying. WHEN she makes it!

Will get lots of pics and hopefully video. She is on her way ... the 2nd set of the Errani match must have been very encouraging for her, after her initial strategic deficiency. She knows she could have beaten the No. 34 on Errani's best surface, if she had gotten on the ball sooner.

ajmo!
Jul 16th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Mirjana is on 75k Vancouver list as last in MD. Tournament starts August 2nd, but she also entered WTA San Diego that same week. Vancouver is one of the best challengers, they have ball kids and big crowd every year. Looks better than some WTA tournaments.

ma re
Jul 19th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Miki up 11 spots to #151!

tennisfan5
Jul 19th, 2010, 02:57 PM
up 174 spots since the end of last year

ajmo!
Jul 20th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Mirjana withdrew from Vancouver 75k :sad:
So she decided to play San Diego qualies. I wanted her to play Vancouver.

mikireturns
Jul 20th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Yes, she withdrew from Vancouver, but it's a great sign that she is believing in herself and she wants to put herself on the line in big events, for bigger wins and bigger pay-offs. She's confident.

ajmo!
Jul 20th, 2010, 07:02 PM
http://bettingnews.boylesports.com/tennis/lucic-targets-epic-comeback.php

It may not seem much but in the context of Lucic's life and career it is a remarkable achievement. And if Lucic has anything to do with it, it is only the start of a chapter in which she seems determined to make up for lost time.

couldn't agree more

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 21st, 2010, 05:58 AM
Here's the first part of Lucic vs Seles Wimbledon 1999 Set 2:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGY7VHUZ

Lucic vs. Seles Set 2 [Part 2]

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J7J3Z8X0

mikireturns
Jul 21st, 2010, 06:39 AM
Oh man ... I know it's not Miki-related, but perhaps in a way it is, because the two both emerged at similar times and hit hard times on a similar trajectory, but the comparisons end there.

I'm talking about Alexandra Stevenson, whom I consider to be one of the most detrimental, bitter, sour beasts in all the unatural history of tennis. This is only my opinion, but she doesn't even deserve the Challenger Circuit, and now, just because she happened to beat a girl ranked close to 400 today, she gets an entire sentimental article about how "strategically smart" and "wise" her mother's coaching has been for her, etc.

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/07/20/1357083/julius-ervings-kids-favorite-doctor.html

It ... it ... it defies description to read crap like this! Samantha Stevenson's plan all along has been to treat her daughter like a baseball pitcher? INSANE. Alexandra (and that Mother) have been routinely blaming the rest of the world for her problems since they appeared ages ago, and it won't stop. She is ludicrously out of shape, fatter than a birthing cow, and still walking around the Challenger circuit talking as if the other players don't deserve to step on the same court with her "Greatness". All the while, she retires constantly from matches when it becomes apparent that she can't win to save her life, and (what a coincidence!) finally tapped the rich father they formerly despised for some of his money when they ran out of cash.

To my mind, a player like Miki never complained publicly or made fun of the other girls on the Challenger circuit, or made fun of the Challenger circuit itself at ALL. She just kept her dignity. Alexandra Stevenson and that Mother of Hers are writing a book about Alexandra's "life" as a pro. They have already milked it beyond the expiration date. They plan to trash the tour, it would seem, as a smokescreen for her laziness and bad choices. She'd better hope there are enough people who would even buy such a book, because I would guess they will both be persona non grata even more than they already are on the tour.

How sad to be a professional "victim" at age 30, living with your mother, fat, unable to win matches, and dissing other people and the tour that's giving her what few tacos she can still afford to cram down her gullet.

Anyhow, it really does highlight how someone like Miki keeps a sense of dignity and actually tries, staying positive and not blaming others.

Unreal.

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 21st, 2010, 01:39 PM
Good luck in the CA events Miki!!! Go, go, go!!! Can't wait for the w-e to see how she does in qualies!!!!

croat123
Jul 21st, 2010, 01:52 PM
Here's the first part of Lucic vs Seles Wimbledon 1999 Set 2:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGY7VHUZ

Lucic vs. Seles Set 2 [Part 2]

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J7J3Z8X0
:woohoo: thanks so much!!

ajmo!
Jul 21st, 2010, 07:43 PM
it's great to watch this match again..thank you :worship:
fantastic tennis from mirjana, that drop shot at 5-4 in tb :inlove:

SERVivor
Jul 21st, 2010, 09:28 PM
As for Stevenson, she probably really was badly injured back in 2003 in the shoulder. But, you're right in that she is not taking responsiblity for her comeback i.e. not in great physical shape, and letting her mother call the shots. As for Dr. J (her father), I am pretty sure Stevenson's mom planned the whole thing out from day one to use his genes to make a great athlete. She should relinquish control now and get Alexandra a coach and good trainer. Rarely does it work out when the parent in heavily involved with the tennis player's career. And by age 30, usually the parent is out of the picture.

ajmo!
Jul 22nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Mirjana is 5th alt. for Cincinatti qualies, i guess she will make it.

croat123
Jul 22nd, 2010, 06:46 PM
she should make it :) that will be a very tough draw though.
standford has had a feed even for qualifying in the past, hopefully we get to see her play :)

mikireturns
Jul 22nd, 2010, 08:23 PM
I'm heading up to Stanford on Sunday ... hopefully Miki will win her first match on Saturday. I also hope to get video of her match if she plays Sunday.

mikireturns
Jul 24th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Miki against Heidi El Tabakh, round 1 Stanford quallies. Then she could face assorted WCs and ultimately (possibly) Krajicek for a place in the draw. She'll have to battle for it, but this is what she wants ... chances. Go Miki.

Sasja
Jul 24th, 2010, 06:14 AM
GL Miki :)

But Misa & Miki in the same section of the draw :sobbing: :tape:
I like both payers.

croat123
Jul 24th, 2010, 06:23 AM
the draw is tough...good luck miki!!

ma re
Jul 24th, 2010, 07:11 AM
It'll be tough, but that's expected since she wants to compete among the best. But it'll be increasingly hard to climb the rankings now too, cause Miki is in a tricky part of the list, where she needs almost 30 points to just overtake the girl in front of her. And not only that, her 16th result in the past 52 weeks at the moment is 6 points, so unless she reaches QR3 or higher in Stanford, she won't increase her ranking points at all.

networthy
Jul 24th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Let's hope for the best!

ajmo!
Jul 24th, 2010, 09:28 AM
GL Miki!

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 24th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Heidi is a good player when she is on and can give lots of players problems, but this is exactly the type of test that Miki needs. Hope she succeeds!!!!

mikireturns
Jul 24th, 2010, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=ma re;18200253]It'll be tough, but that's expected since she wants to compete among the best. But it'll be increasingly hard to climb the rankings now too, cause Miki is in a tricky part of the list, where she needs almost 30 points to just overtake the girl in front of her.QUOTE]

Yeah, and the whole point is that she's playing well enough to get past these girls now and can qualify for WTA Tour-level events. Now that she's in position to make a move that actually means something (instead of going in circles in those damned Challenger mud-pits), I expect a player like Miki to rise to the occasion and get the job done. She's confident enough to know she's finally back in the mix and will be fighting like never before out there.

The key for her now is to get a win over a Top 50 or Top 30 player this year. I expect her to make that happen.

In the meantime, she has got to feel ~SO~ good about getting out of Challenger hell. Each of these matches in WTA events (even qually rounds) is a big new opportunity she can sink her teeth into and use to put herself in position to finally get that Top 50/Top 30 win.

On form, she ought to send El Tabakh home, though Tabakh beat her in 3 sets last year on hard court in Carson (when Miki was not playing nearly as well). This is a much different Miki, and El Tabakh is only 9/9 this year in singles.

All in all, it's good to see her in this format. If she stays positive, only great things can happen in her tennis life from now on.

Pebbles
Jul 24th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Good luck Mirjana, I have a good feeling about this ;)

mikireturns
Jul 24th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Do they have a "Barf" emoticon?

I can't believe they wild-carded Alexandra Stevenson into the Stanford quallies. Oh, I guess I can believe it. She is the Queen of Tennis, after all. She must be treated as the Glorious Gift to Humanity that she is.

Go Savchuk.

SERVivor
Jul 24th, 2010, 04:38 PM
She is doing the correct thing by playing WTA qualifies instead of challengers. The US Open Series gets alot of media exposure and provides stiff competition. Lucic can use both. If she were to lose in qualifying for several tournaments in a row, then she could drop back down to challengers. That option will be there.

mikireturns
Jul 24th, 2010, 06:14 PM
She is doing the correct thing by playing WTA qualifies instead of challengers. The US Open Series gets alot of media exposure and provides stiff competition. Lucic can use both. If she were to lose in qualifying for several tournaments in a row, then she could drop back down to challengers. That option will be there.

True, but as long as her ranking allows her to enter preliminaries for WTA Tour-level events, she should keep playing them instead of challengers. Also, of course, as long as she can afford to travel to the big events.

In these qualifying rounds, she is going to be playing the same girls she'd be playing in the latter rounds of challengers, anyhow. She might as well spare herself the extra effort and go straight to fighting against the girls who are vying to qualify for the big WTA events along with her. I think Miki can leapfrog over them if she puts her mind to the task and keeps the focus she's displayed since England.

Also, I think it would be worth a plane ticket for her to travel to the Far East this autumn and rack up nice points playing in the growing (but weakly-fielded) WTA events there. She'd clean up. But then she'd need a big rest for the entire month of December to prepare for 2011.

She wants to have a big run at an event this year, and I have a feeling she will get one this year.

First, though, the "Mighty Heidi" :p

croat123
Jul 24th, 2010, 06:22 PM
live stream doesn't seem like it will work...same cause miki is last up on CC today

tennismaster8820
Jul 24th, 2010, 06:46 PM
^^
What is link for stream?

croat123
Jul 24th, 2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.gostanford.com/livestats/tennis/StanfordTennis.html
still not working :(

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 01:15 AM
here we go...miki to serve first

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Lucic 15-0 ace on second serve

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Lucic 15-15 df :o

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Lucic 15-30 no first serves and another second serve coming...
30-30 but again a second serve coming
30-40 df :o

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 01:22 AM
duece, with a second serve

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Lucic 0-1* only one first serve and she lost that point

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Lucic 1*-1 easy break back

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Lucic 3-2*

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Lucic 6-4

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Lucic 6-4 1*-1

MLF
Jul 25th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Serving less than stellar but so far so good overall.

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Lucic 6-4 3-2*

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 02:29 AM
6-4 6-3 :) easier than expected...only had the one terrible service game to open the match but recovered nicely

MLF
Jul 25th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Lucic d. El-Tabakh 6-4 6-3 :) Very strong finish from Miki.

Ballbasher
Jul 25th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Lucic[5] d. El Tabakh 6-4 6-3.
:worship: :inlove: Good win there! :yeah: I was rather surprised about how she consistently did well on her second serve and was only broken in the opening game of the match. :D She took her chances and broke El Tabakh in every game, she had a break point in. :D
Her next opponent is Tamaryn Hendler. All the best, Mirjana!

mikireturns
Jul 25th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Just got in and saw the result--good for Miki, showing her greater strength this year for sure. Tabakh beat her on hard court last year after all. NICE finish! Our precious little Miki.

Well, now that she's won I'll be headin gup to Stanford to see her play tomorrow. Cams being charged, so wish me luck, fellow Lucic-Watchers. Y'all will be the first to see whatever I manage to get from the event. I'll be cheering her on for all of us--you can bet on that, too.

ajmo!
Jul 25th, 2010, 04:06 AM
:eek: bravo miki :bounce:

croat123
Jul 25th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Just got in and saw the result--good for Miki, showing her greater strength this year for sure. Tabakh beat her on hard court last year after all. NICE finish! Our precious little Miki.

Well, now that she's won I'll be headin gup to Stanford to see her play tomorrow. Cams being charged, so wish me luck, fellow Lucic-Watchers. Y'all will be the first to see whatever I manage to get from the event. I'll be cheering her on for all of us--you can bet on that, too.
i can't wait :D:D have fun!

mikireturns
Jul 25th, 2010, 05:22 AM
MD--Qualifier vs. Qualifier, or Qualifier vs. Kirilenko, or Qualifier vs. Craybas.

Something going to look good for four hungry girls.

Sasja
Jul 25th, 2010, 06:19 AM

Have fun!!! :hug:

Sasja
Jul 25th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Nice 1st Q-round result for Miki :)

GL against Hendler :cheer: :cheer2:

mikireturns
Jul 25th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Miki is up last on Court 6, but I'm getting there early for the full day of tennis. Hendler can be a pest, but her wins have come almost exclusively against lesser players, i.e. ranks in the 400s-700s. Miki needs to bring her focus and firepower, that's all. Given Miki's current scrappy, big game, this girl can do only so much damage, one would think.

If she manages Hendler (and she ought to) then another gutsy win over Krajicek would put her in very good position for a MD b.r.e.a.k.t.h.r.o.u.g.h. Just sayin'.

Tabakh was her 30th match win this year, btw. Wow for Miki. She's not finished, either.

Thanks for the well-wishes ... it'll be a long day but I am ready to scope it all out.

ma re
Jul 25th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Nice win:worship:

Hele.
Jul 25th, 2010, 08:00 AM
:bounce:

networthy
Jul 25th, 2010, 10:11 AM
But it'll be increasingly hard to climb the rankings now too, cause Miki is in a tricky part of the list, where she needs almost 30 points to just overtake the girl in front of her.

Don't forget that the points spreads change every week. Yes, this week she's 28 points behind the player ranked immediately ahead of her but next week--at least according to TBE's ranks update thread--she'll be only 1 point behind (and only 6 points behind the next player, and only 10 points behind the player before that, etc.).

And not only that, her 16th result in the past 52 weeks at the moment is 6 points, so unless she reaches QR3 or higher in Stanford, she won't increase her ranking points at all.

Stanford is a premier tournament so QR2=8 points (QR3=12 and FQR=20). In other words, after today's win she's 2 points ahead of where she was.

I would love it if Mirjana were seeded at US Open qualies. That would give her an excellent shot at winning her QR1 match, which is worth a whopping 40 points. That's just under half the points she's defending through the rest of this year.

To be seeded, she'll need to move into the top 135 or so by the week before the US Open. In other words, she needs to pick up around 80 points in the next three weeks. That gives her only two chances: Stanford and San Diego. The only way it'll happen is if she gets into the MD at either tournament and wins a match. It's quite possible but it won't be easy.

networthy
Jul 25th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Tabakh was her 30th match win this year, btw. Wow for Miki. She's not finished, either.

By the way, so far this year Mirjana hasn't lost two matches in a row!!!

mikireturns
Jul 25th, 2010, 03:21 PM
:yawn: It's so so SO early for a Sunday morning, but worth it to drive an hour and a half to settle in and see Miki. I hope to get photos of Ajla, too, yes; it's going to be a long day since Mirjana's match is scheduled last. There may be other WTA MD players on site already, too ... practicing with their coaches and their ears stuffed with iPod plugs. That's always fun to watch at these events between/before matches.

I'm not so worried about Miki's points-accumulation right now; at least as far as rankings go. The spread does fluctuate, as noted, and she'll be focusing upon the US Open quallies no matter what; the fact that she's earned the right to participate in a second Grand Slam this year is absolutely wonderful. I expect her to go into the Open quallies with poison on her racquet for the other girls.

I more than suspect she is excited and positive about competing in these summer WTA premier events, too. I expect she'll crawl over broken glass to do well, knowing she has put herself in a position to mix it up with the big girls again. Let usnot forget that she may even qualify to qualify for Cincinatti and who knows what could happen regarding New Haven. Imagine how nice she feels to be in the locker rooms at these fine tournaments with main draw competitors again. She has been in three main draw WTA events thus far this year, and has--amazingly--graced Centre Court itself!!!

I'd like, however, to see this determined young woman get a MD wild card for at least one premier event this year. But she's earning her place at the table nicely no matter what. More than anything, I would like to see her finish this year with a win (or two) against a Top 50/40/or even Top 20 player, which would mean a big run at some event.

What a remarkable journey she has taken this year. Each win brings confidence and yesterday's, against Tabakh (who had beaten her last year) is another crucial confidence boost. An important link in the chain of her now very legitimate comeback.

Eh, I always write too much. Off I go to see the Big Babes pound those fuzzies. Viva Miki!

Pebbles
Jul 25th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Have fun! Hopefully she'll reward your trip with a win ;)

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Lucic to serve first...

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:04 AM
GL Miki

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Go Miki!!! Get this win!

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Lucic 2-1*

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:21 AM
27% of serve, but ok. i'm afraid stanford stream will start on firday. any news?

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Nice early break! 3-1 Miki, now hold!!!

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Totally sucks that there is no stream for this event available!!!

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:25 AM
4-1

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Lucic 4-1*
first serves would be nice, but that's probably too much to ask for :p

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Mirjana 5-2*

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Lucic 5-2*

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:35 AM
WD Miki! 6-2, keep going now, no let ups!!!

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Lucic 6-2 0-0*

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:36 AM
6-2 :) 73% winnnig on serve, won 13 points more. :yeah:
36% of serve, please raise it to 50

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:39 AM
bad service game at the start of second set

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Broken to start off the 2nd, bad girl Miki!

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:40 AM
lost 6 points in a row

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:48 AM
wake up miki

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Miki 62 2-3*

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:54 AM
mikica breaks back

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:57 AM
oh, 62 3-4*

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Oh Miki, broken again for 3-4... regroup please, no 3rd set!

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Lucic 6-2 5-4*
you know what to do miki...

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 01:10 AM
she did knew ;) 6-2 6-4 :cool: :yeah:
She won but % of serve is not that good. Also she had problems after 2nd serve in set 2. Plus few creative time outs in second set. Krajicek isn't goona be that easy, hope Mirjana can repeat Roehampton win. GL :D

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 26th, 2010, 01:11 AM
WD Miki!!! Now rematch against Michaella K for spot in the MD. Judging how much Michaella struggled to put away Grandin, it doesn't appear she's in great form, so hopefully Miki can repeat the Wimby qualifying result!

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 01:11 AM
and she does know what to do :)
6-2 6-4 good recovery in the second
get some first serves in one of these days...

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 01:13 AM
WD Miki!!! Now rematch against Michaella K for spot in the MD. Judging how much Michaella struggled to put away Grandin, it doesn't appear she's in great form, so hopefully Miki can repeat the Wimby qualifying result!

actually grandin's in good form but was injured recently so no suprise that krajicek had problems. stil i think miki is a favorite.

Ballbasher
Jul 26th, 2010, 01:16 AM
I don't know what to think of that next match. :unsure: I think it will be definetely be harder than in Wimbledon, but why do they have to meet again? :bigcry:

On a sidenote, I would really love to see Mirjana in a Doubles Draw soon again. :p

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 01:18 AM
I don't know what to think of that next match. :unsure: I think it will be definetely be harder than in Wimbledon, but why do they have to meet again? :bigcry:

On a sidenote, I would really love to see Mirjana in a Doubles Draw soon again. :p

guess we can expect that when she enters top 100 again, so i would say somewhere early in 2011. or maybe already this year. who knows. :D

can't wait to get pictures and reports form mikireturns :worship:

networthy
Jul 26th, 2010, 02:23 AM
While it's not 100% certain, the win over Hendler should be enough to move Mirjana into the 140s.

And that can only mean one thing: that it's time yet again to update Mirjana's rankings progress :bounce:

March 2008: 700s
April 2008: 600s
May 2008: 500s
July 2008: 400s
April 2009: 300s
November 2009: 260s
January 2010: 250s
February 2010: 240s
May 2010: 200s
June 2010: 160s
July 2010: 150s
August 2010: 140s :aparty:

Her progress is really impressive, and so steady. How high (or low, depending on how you look at the numbers) can she go? Can she get back into the top 100? What do you think?

kfh_9118
Jul 26th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Well done Miki, now win again against Misa ok.

Hopefully she can do well at US Open, and break Top 100 before the end of the year, that will give her much confidence going into 2011 season :angel:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 26th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Just got on now to see this result :hearts: AJMOOOOOO!!!! Excited for potential report/video(s) :lol: :yeah:

Krajicek in Q3, damn... she's gonna be hyped to get one back. Mirjana will need to be good. Believe, y'all. :hearts:

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 05:13 AM
yeah, i'd also like to see miki in doubles...it really suits her game well
it's tough though without a ranking, especially because she is now at the tour level with her singles ranking. she'd need a wc (*looks at hingis :p *)

Sasja
Jul 26th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Miki :yeah:

But Miki vs Misa :sobbing:

GL to them both :hug:

mikireturns
Jul 26th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Okay, kids: Back with the full scoop on a GREAT day and TONS of photos from the match (which I will be working to post on a blog with links by the end of the evening, I hope).

I left early for Stanford, kind of bummed about the weather forecast, because the high was supposed to be 56 degrees (F) and foggy/overcast (welcome to Northern California summers). To my immense pleasure, the sun had burned off the fog by the time I hit San Jose, and weather was brilliant: tons of California sun and warmth with just that touch of cool marine-layer breeze. Ideal!

For those who have never been there, the Stanford University campus is really one of the most pleasant, impressive, and sprawling in the USA, in my opinion. Acres and acres of oak and eucalyptus groves, with stately architecture appearing here and there amidst the trees as if it were part of the actual landscape. It was even better on a crystalline day. I had been there several times in the past, so it was easy to find the Taube Tennis Stadium. However, I had never been to the Bank of the West event at this locale. I had been to the Classic when it was held in Oakland, in a relatively large indoor coliseum, so the current staging at Stanford/Taube does indeed underscore how very much women's tennis has been "downsized" as a product/commodity in the last ten or fifteen years. Taube is a small, very intimate stadium (think the old spot where they used to hold the Family Circle Cup on Hilton Head).

On this day, there were a fair number of people on hand to watch the qualifying action, with two only courts devoted to the matches--Stadium and Court Six. Perhaps two hundred on stadium. I arrived just as Jamie Hampton was spanking the awfully tight white shorts off of Bethanie Mattek-Sands on the stadium court. As all of you surely recall, our dear Mikica spanked Miss Jamie Hampton early this Spring for her Jackson title, so it was a pleasure to watch Hampton completely dismantle Mattek-Sands, simply in order to see the kind of girl that Miki had beaten. In short: she's GOOD. A strong player with a future, it seems, and a moody competitor. I felt a little bad for Bethanie, but it was nothing that was going to keep me from lunch, so I grabbed my non-tennis friends and we went to hunt down some food and beer in the concessions after the match (it was HOT by 11:30!).

To my utter disdain, all of the concession tents were set-up for the event but none were serving until Monday. I had a choice. Be extremely grumpy for the rest of the day (I had not eaten breakfast) or go and grab a quick lunch at the Stanford Center. I chose happiness. Before heading to the center for a quick lunch, I peeked at the practice courts. Got some fairly decent photos of Dementieva and "Big Sammie" Stosur, who were obviously there a day early and hitting side-by-side on the courts adjacent to the Stadium. They had drawn a significant crowd of their own, naturally. The photos of those two will be included in the blog link I'll provide later this evening, so if y'all know any obsessed Stosur or Dementieva fans, feel free to share.

So lunch was good and I was back in time to hear Larcher de Brito scream like a monster from the depths of hell and then watch Ajla Tomljanovic do her thing, baby! And yes, I got some photos of beautiful Ajla, which will also appear in the blog, for anyone who likes to look at her and specifically for the nice person who asked me if I would take some pics. I did, and you are most welcome. I think there are some decent shots of her and she played a gritty match to put Doi under water. Not big hitting, but interesting strategies and good 'fight' from Ajla against the pug-like Doi.

Next up was Nicole Gibbs against Olga Savchuk, and I was in position and NOT going to move from my bird's-eye view right upon Court 6. Well, we made a few jokes about Savchuk looking like she had been an old Russian bedspread put through the wringer (her thigh was wrapped, she had escaped match point to beat Stevenson yesterday, and Nicole Gibbs was fresh as a buttercup). But talk about a fun match to watch! Gibbs looked to be squealing her way to a victory, but my friends and I watched in horror as she treated the ballboy like he was a total piece of sh%t. The poor kid (ballboy). She was throwing the towel back at him in disdain, making faces at him because he could not apparently read her MIND as to whether she wanted this ball, that ball, OR her frickin' towel. Miss Gibbs must have come from a very entitled family indeed--at least that is my personal pondering, a mere guess, if you will.

My pals and I agreed it was atrocious behavior, so we cheered lustily for Savchuk, who turned the match around and, in the process, turned Gibbs into a walking, talking Hissy-Fit. Nothing against Gibbs, who is a kid, but I know one little girl who ought to get NOTHING from Santa Claus this Christmas.

Of course, of course ... Mikica. She waltzed out looking like a million bucks ... her outfit part tennis-dress and part sultry black cocktail-gown with a hot little peekaboo bit in the back. (Yes, I have photos). There were perhaps forty people crammed into the far side-court seating above Court 6, and I was the only one who gave a cheer for Miki when she marched out with her coach, and Hendler not far behind (coachless). My friends really don't know much about tennis, or Miki, but they clapped for her too, and, when I very obviously shouted, "Hey, Miki!" with a big wave, she nodded her head and laughed a little. She remembered me from Ft. Walton Beach and knew I was going to be there (crazy fan); I had sent her a message that I was bringing reinforcements and representing the Comeback Thread on tennisforum.

Coach Angel Diaz took his seat right under us. He was very focused, of course, and apparently spitting tobacco into an old Pepsi bottle, which was kinda gross, but he's young, smart, and very good for Miki. THAT much is more than apparent. Tamaryn Hendler was a cute, fresh-faced little Belgian waffle. In good shape. She won the toss and elected to receive. The warm-up began. I was a little concerned--Hendler moved VERY well and hit solid, topspin-heavy shots. And she was hitting a little harder than necessary in warm-up, if you catch my drift. Trying to show Miki a li'l sumthin' sumthin'. But our Miki was not to be outdone. She, too, was cracking the ball in warm-up. Intense. I was struck by how more MORE fit she looks now than she did just over a year ago in Florida. She was in good shape then, but is even more toned now, and, above all, hitting the ball harder and with far more vast reserves of confidence.

This confidence--this "reason" that Miki has indeed leaped 200 spots in a year, was apparent from the very start of the match.

First of all, Miki does all of her cute "Miki Rituals"--ties and unties her shoes about four times, blows her nose, makes the sign of the cross when play is about to begin, and talks/mutters to herself constantly. She's adorable, but let me tell you, friends, she has got it together.

The first serve, as you all must have noted, was apparently on vacation today, but she didn't need it. Why? Her second deliveries are light years better than they were last year, and her ground-strokes are smoking hot. It was an almost shocking change from watching Savchuk and Gibbs. Even my tennis-dumb pals could not help but notice, i.e. "Wow, your Lucic-girl really clubs the ball harder than any of these others."

True. She started off with a strong service game. First and (mostly, of course) second serves produced mid-court responses from Hendler and each of these Miki put away with world-class viciousness. She was like a Black Widow reeling-in a helpless cricket. Lines. She connected with them all in that first set. The difference between her game last year and now is almost unbelievable. Of course, it is confidence, but also a lot of obvious hard work and victorious matches under her belt. I emphasize this because, again, it was apparent that, compared to Mattek-Sands and Hampton, Tomljanovic and Doi, Savchuk and Gibbs, Miki hits in a truly different league. As in, she is easily Top 20 material off-the-ground alone, but Top 50 material overall because the first serve needs some tuning. All she needs (aside from that tuning) is a few key draws and a smidge of wins against Top 50 players and she is back in the upper echelon. Yeah, no kidding.

Mik played beautifully despite her 1st serve woes. Hendler ran and scrapped, but the "firepower differential" was considerable. Miki had too much game. Any mid-court response and and Miki pounced upon it and put it away. Aside from the first serve, hardly any unforced errors by Miki in the first set. Her backhand down-the-line was demonic. High topsin defensive balls from Hendler were bludgeoned like headless chickens being plucked & served-up for supper, butchered by Miki for winners. Miki even made one of the most beautiful volleys I have seen in ages ... after a long exchange, Hendler hit a short, flat passing shot because Miki was coming to net; the ball hardly bounced and I thought Miki was done for, but she took it at her heels, fully extended, and scoop-volleyed it over the net at the most unbelievable angle ever into the deuce court service box for a devastating, game-winning WINNER. Biggest ovation of the day. Of course, I was quite vocal, and didn't care ... most people in the little stands did not remember her, or had written her off (we had heard a few of them talking before the match).

So, Miki was in superb form. Any little bit of progress that Hendler made was quickly dismissed--Mirjana was opening-up the court and playing big babe tenniS. So hard and flat and deep and angled that it was one-two, one-two. But she was also winning all the extended rallies (of which there were few).

All the while she babbled a bit to herself and pumped herself up between points, patted her pretty butt, smacked the thigh, the works. Miki feeds on her own energy and it was all positive energy today.

Luckily, this remained true as the second set commenced.

Her coach had little to say in set 1 because Miki was brilliant, but, as we know, our Miki goes on walkabout at times, and she very clearly lost her focus as the very start of Set 2. That's tennis. That is Miki, just for now, a little bit.

The cool part is how she regrouped, and it wasn't easy. Hendler went on a run, but the run was not really a run because Miki basically handed her three entire games absolutely free-of-charge. Miki suddenly could not keep a ball in court, but to some of us (and her coach, whom we could hear urging her gently just below us), the reason was simple: she had stopped bending her knees. Her feet stopped moving. That is Miki's trouble, when she has those spates of errors: she ceases to move (gee, we all know what THAT is like). Well, it happens to the pros, too. Even I told her to bend her knees and, after a particularly rickety service hold (I believe to make 2-3), she called coach Diaz over for a consultation. [NOTE: The coaches are given little reserved chairs at courtside just beneath the spectator stand if needed for the allotted on-court tete-a-tetes].

Miki and coach talked animatedly during the changeover, and he obviously told her several times to "move her feet". By now, Hendler seemed more confident in her options, sensing an opening, and she kept pressuring ... hitting out harder and with abandon. Of course she did! Why wouldn't she? Miki had just gift-wrapped a slew of points and put cherries on top. So, we had another two tense games of Miki trying to appropriate the coaching advice and get her timing back, but, the good news, friends, is that she did. Instead of just giving points away to Hendler, she hit a few hard drives down the middle to realign her compass and, by the time she got it to 4-all, there was no doubt who was going to win. Even her coach put on his sweater. It was over. Miki had gotten back 'on the boil' in mid-set, and THAT is something she did not do so easily before. Now, she keeps her cool, apparently. She stayed positive, except for a really funny little expletive she let-loose on herself that I shall not repeat here. Even that was not too negative. She knew she had reclaimed her big game after the little lapse. Still it was a lapse that could have cost her the set. It didn't, though.

She closed the match out with the most aggressive tennis of the day! Really, the crowd was oohing and ahhing due to the winners, and to the "forced errors" inflicted upon Hendler because of such big, accurate, and breathtaking strokes. Miki probing corners like you would not believe, MAKING open courts and then TAKING open courts!

It was wonderful, because Hendler was no slouch, by any means. Miki is simply back, kids. These hard courts are suiting her game very much like the grass did, which bodes pretty darned well. Her ball is penetrating fast and fierce. I'm sure that will change in different cities, but Stanford plays comparably to the US Open. I've got photos of the whole day--right down to match point with the scoreboard indicating that actual point (it was a GLORIOUS baseline exchange that ended with a Miki winner). I'm going to upload them all onto a blog (with captions) and post the link asap. If not tonight (because it is 10:40PM!), then tomorrow. Most likely tonight. I'm a little sunburned because I believed the weather-man and thought Stanford would, as usual, be foggy and chilly.

Of course, Miki was tickled pink with her win and made it a point to thanks us for our many "Go Mikica!" and "Beautiful, Miki!" shouts throughout the contest. She did it with a smile and a laugh--good to hear that girl laugh. I also had a very brief chance to chat with her five minutes later as she was leaving the arena--she was again all smiles and very, very happy with her win. Giddy and thankful for the support. Very polite and thrilled with life, it would seem. And I don't think any of us would want that to be any other way for this young woman.

I would look for her to fight very, very hard against not only Krajicek tomorrow, but against anyone she meets this summer, guys. Hope you liked the story, and hope you will like the pictures ... Some of them are fuzzed-up when Miki was at the far end of the court, but some are possibly very, very cool. I also took video, but it was at the beginning of that second set and I shut it off immediately! I may post that, too, but we'll see how it looks. The photos are a definite.

Thanks for your patience in reading and thanks to all of us for supporting Miki.

mikireturns
Jul 26th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Oh, and Ajla played Sema. Not Doi.

DUH.

I am a little bit fried. But the pics are just about uploaded ...

ma re
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Thnx Mikireturns for that report:)

Nice to see her win one more, of course it's not all picture-perfect in a sense that she had some trouble against a kid ranked barely inside 400, but still those are worthy points. Serve will have to be much better against Michaella, but let's hope she delivers. Would be pretty great if she'd qualify for another tour-level main draw.

Good luck today:wavey:

vedranTennis
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:49 AM
mikireturns, where did u put the pics ? could you send me the link ? thanx for the update on miki in stanford.

mikireturns
Jul 26th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks, all ... it is after 2 in the morning, here, and I am exhausted, but I put the best Miki pics from today (not all of them) on the following new blog I just basically pulled out of my a$$ in the last hour or so:

www.lucicreturns.blogspot.com

Lots of good ones there, and a few of Ajla thrown in. Please be sure to see both pages of the blog ("Older Posts" down at the bottom). I'll add more photos and reconfigure settings tomorrow, but this is a good start.

Miki looking AWESOME (Cuz she is)!

There's also a little introduction I wrote for the blog. It'll be a catch-all/ scrap-book for Miki's comeback, I guess.

Anyhow, enjoy. Yes, I own copyright on all the photos I took but please feel free to share them, use them, etc. with proper credit.

Thanks ... off to bed I stagger.

Let me know what you think. Cheers, good people.

Ballbasher
Jul 26th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Thank you very much for that detailed report. :D Good to hear Miki is in good form. :yeah:

PS: I think Yurika is very beautiful. :shrug: Not pug-like.

mala18
Jul 26th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks
MIKI RETURNS

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 03:03 PM
thanks man :inlove: great report and nice photos :yeah:

SERVivor
Jul 26th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Great report Mikireturns. Hopefully, I'll get to see Miki play at the U.S. Open. I probably won't go to qualifying, but the first monday or tuesday of the main draw. I'm getting more and more confident that she'll be able to qualify for the U.S. Open and that I'll get to see her play there. :)

SERVivor
Jul 26th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Mkireturns, maybe you could grant use of one of these photos to the ITF website. It still doesn't have a photo of Miki on her profile page.

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Mkireturns, maybe you could grant use of one of these photos to the ITF website. It still doesn't have a photo of Miki on her profile page.

i have also some great photos of miki but how to upload them?

mikireturns
Jul 26th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Glad you liked the photos, everyone. Hope Miki comes out firing with a service percentage closer to 50 today. She can win this, for sure. NO FREE POINTS for Krajicek!

BTW, I was walking back from the empty concessions when Michaella jogged right past me on the little road between Taube Center and the race track. Tall and pretty girl, but she is not as physically fit as Miki is right now.

Also, I had no idea that a person could add to an ITF site profile. Someone needs to update Mirjana's info (I mean, they still have Joe Giuliano listed as her coach ...ick).

I do hope some sports management team takes on Mirjana and tries to arrange some deals for her. Her success is becoming increasingly hard to ignore (even in the IMG-dominated atmosphere of the tour) and she sure is putting-in the hard work out there.

mikireturns
Jul 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Also, I was thinking of Doi when I mentioned Yurika, who is indeed very pretty. It was hot that day ... believe me. And Doi pug-like only in terms of her "dogged" determination.

SERVivor
Jul 26th, 2010, 04:51 PM
There used to be IMG, ProServ and Advantage as the big three in terms of Tennis sports agents. Now, there is IMG, Octagon, and LIveNation. LiveNation just bought SFX which bought ProServ. ProSErv was based in the Washington, D.C. area where I live. Donald Dell was the head guy, and he is in the Tennis Hall of Fame. I'm not sure that LiveNation, which is a huge entertainment promotions entity, is devoted much to tennis anymore. I think Octagon may be one of a few choices for Lucic, as I can't imagine she'll go back to IMG.

Sasja
Jul 26th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Great report. Txs :worship:

Also some nice photos of Miki :hearts:

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM
great update and pictures!! thanks a lot!

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 26th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Really entertaining report, mikireturns :p Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to hearing about all the days you go :)

Do you mind if I use some of your pictures for an avatar/signature set at some point? Don't wanna bother any copyrights without your consent :lol:

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Lucic to serve first...

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Ajmo miki!

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Krajicek breaks easily

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Mirjana breaks without dropping a point. so it's *1-1

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Miki *3-1

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 08:39 PM
*5-1 :eek:

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 08:41 PM
6-1 in 19 minutes. :eek: won 76% points on serve and 72% on return :eek:

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Lucic 6-1 1-1*

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Mirjana 6-1 *1-2, wasted 3 BPs in last game

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:06 PM
6-1 3-3*, hasn't lost a point on 2nd serve when ball was in play, only 2 DFs
On other hand she won 11/17 points on Krajicek's 2nd serve

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:13 PM
6-1 4-4*

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:18 PM
6-1 *4-5... after first game in match miki hasn't faced break point, duece or any denger on her serve. hope she can continue like that. to bad she hasn't used that 3 BPs at 1-1

SERVivor
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:38 PM
This Tiebreak Is Taking Forever

SERVivor
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Yesssssssssss

MLF
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Well done Miki, much better looking stats today :) Hoping for a good placement in the draw. Michaella seems to be finding a bit more form too, hopefully she makes her breakthrough soon, both these girls are good enough to be main draw regulars on the WTA tour.

croat123
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:42 PM
miki wins another tb :hearts:
tough second set, but she served so well today!!

Sasja
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Miki :) Well done!

But Misa :sad: :hug:

Hele.
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:44 PM

SERVivor
Jul 26th, 2010, 09:51 PM
The best draw for a qualifier is against Craybas. She's the most beatable of the four players facing qualifiers.

Pebbles
Jul 26th, 2010, 10:10 PM
So happy :cheer: Hopefully Mirjana can bring her best form into her R1 match :D

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 26th, 2010, 10:28 PM
So amazing Mirjana... so amazing :worship: :banana:

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 11:17 PM
bravo mirjana :bounce: interested to see draw now.

Ballbasher
Jul 26th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Miki :inlove: :D I think her win over Parmentier was really another boost for her confidence. :yeah: All the best in MD! Hopefully she can avoid facing Kirilenko or Chang.

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 26th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Great win for Miki yet again! So happy for her! Everything now is just a bonus, but it's one I hope she takes full advantage of! I don't really care who she plays in MD (unlike everyone else!), I think right now it's all about gaining experience in these types of events, so whatever happens is okay with me. Of course, I'd much prefer to see her win though!

auntie janie
Jul 26th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Wow, Miki. What a long way you have come in just the past couple of months. :worship: :bigcry: :hearts:

ajmo!
Jul 26th, 2010, 11:43 PM
She earned like 7000$ and 21 ranking points. Next match is for 60 points. OMG that's more than winning a 50k. On the other hand players she already defeated are that or higher level. GL

ajmo!
Jul 27th, 2010, 12:25 AM
BTW, I don't want her to draw McHale

networthy
Jul 27th, 2010, 12:49 AM
BTW, I don't want her to draw McHale

You'd prefer Kirilenko...? :lol:

ajmo!
Jul 27th, 2010, 12:51 AM
You'd prefer Kirilenko...? :lol:

i never said that but mchale bageled mirjana two times this year and she def. azarenka on some exi. few days ago i think. i would prefer chang or savchuk or craybas, not kirlenko :p
but i believe miki can beat them all

networthy
Jul 27th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Great win for Miki yet again! So happy for her! Everything now is just a bonus, but it's one I hope she takes full advantage of! I don't really care who she plays in MD (unlike everyone else!), I think right now it's all about gaining experience in these types of events, so whatever happens is okay with me. Of course, I'd much prefer to see her win though!

I'd much, much prefer a winnable R1 match. In that case she'd pick up 60 points, and *then* gain experience in R2!

ajmo!
Jul 27th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Kirilenko it is :sad:

ajmo!
Jul 27th, 2010, 01:19 AM
again extremly unlucy with draw when it's for big points. in wimbledon azarenka and now kirilenko. but who knows, miki can beat her. she definetly can hit harder

Ballbasher
Jul 27th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Damn draw. :help:
First she clashes with Misa and now with Maria. :o

croat123
Jul 27th, 2010, 01:39 AM
ugh, really??

ajmo!
Jul 27th, 2010, 01:41 AM
ugh, really??

http://www.bankofthewestclassic.com/Assets/Bank+of+the+West+Classic/pdf/Order+of+Play+7-27-10.pdf

ajmo!
Jul 27th, 2010, 02:10 AM
watching scoreboard a bit: kirilenko/azarenka - wickayer/hantuchova 6-1 *0-0

networthy
Jul 27th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Kirilenko it is :sad:

Aaaaaarrghhh!

It's not often that opportunities to pick up 60 points come along. That would move her into the 130s and allow her to be seeded at US Open qualies.

Oh well. Best of luck, Mirjana!

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 27th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Kirilenko is more beatable than Azarenka was, to put a positive spin on things.

Still, crappy draw. But it doesn't matter, a) she qualified and that in itself is a big achievement and b) we know she's gonna fight, so anything can happen.

Ajmo Mirjana! :hearts:

mikireturns
Jul 27th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Wow ... so exhausted. I told y'all Miki was playing like thunder. She started off shaky on serve as usual, then never looked back in the first set. It was very nerve wracking to watch the second set, because Krajicek was putting some real mustard on the ball, but Miki was matching her shot for shot and playing smart, bad ass tennis. Opening up that court. I think Kirilenko is in trouble, friends. Oh yes. She is not anywhere near as consistent as an Azarenka and can be picked-off like a ripe tomato.

Miki is on and her serve today was SO SO SO much more assured than against Hendler, but the fact is that she really is so dominating on her return games, and her second serve is so clever, that she's ... well, she's taking charge out there. Staying in the moment. But she took just a little teeny bit of power off her first serve and played it smart--still banging it in hard but with better placement. She really outclassed Krajicek in the first set and could have done so in the second, but she obviously started thinking about it maybe a bit too much. But man, is she ever gritting her teeth and BEATING these girls out there! She has qualified for another WTA Event. A premier event!

I am so exhausted. The match-up against Kirilenko is exactly what she wants, in my opinion--a high profile player who thinks she's God's Gift to Earth. Miki will rise to this occasion. I told Miki personally and stand by the belief: She has the game now to open up and just make a run at any regular WTA event.

The crappy part is that she has to qualify for these events in the first place, but gosh, when she's winning qualifying matches like this, they count in big big ways beyond points. And I don't want to ever, ever complain--I'm thrilled that she is even in position to contend for qualification. Still, it's more money and HUGE confidence, fighting into a big event's main draw. She's hungry ... VERY hungry. Kirilenko had better have plenty of grapes peeled for her before the match. Miki is going out there to hurt her.

She is.

(Note: Any of you, any time, can use any of the photos I took of Miki or any of the other players. Obviously do not sell them or publish them on a public, trafficked site without writing, photo by JI Ransom. But you can certainly use them for personal avatars or whatever you want. Thanks very much for asking. It's fun to be part of this great group of good people and fans. I'm proud to be in the trenches with the rest of you, cheering Miki as much as we can. But, wow, is she ever producing the goods!)

mikireturns
Jul 27th, 2010, 06:13 AM
And more photos will make it up when I get some sleep ... Cheers, everyone.

ma re
Jul 27th, 2010, 08:19 AM
First of all congrats to Miki on such a wonderful performance in QR3 and for qualifying!

Second of all, all the best to Misa in the events to come, she deserves her share of chances and I'm sure they'll come.

Third of all, just like Mikireturns, I also wanted to see Mirjana draw "the famous Russian blond bombshell Makiri":lol: Seriously, eventhough I know it'll be tough and there's a chance Miki doesen't make it here, missing out on 60 points, I think that at this stage even more so than points she needs matches against strong players and a high-profile win. Cause right now she has the game to get the points (sooner or later), but she needs more media coverage, more exposure to the general public, more interest of potential sponsors and (hopefully) tournament directors for some wild-cards. She needs to make the news. And sure, it's nice to see her winning against some #105 in the quarters of a challenger, but that's really not something that'll make people stop and watch her. She needs a big breakthrough and this might be it. Kirilenko is a top30 regular and is playing good tennis this year (although win/loss record of 18/12 doesen't sound impressive), losing just twice to players who are currently outside of top50 (but inside top100), but Miki might surprise her by playing much better than she'd expect from "some qualifier".

Anyway, there's an interesting, and possibly very important day ahead of us:) Fingers crossed!

SERVivor
Jul 27th, 2010, 12:31 PM
it sucks the Lucic-Kirilenko match will not be on center court, so no livestream. At least I think not.

ajmo!
Jul 27th, 2010, 12:34 PM
i don't think there's stream for cc either

ma re
Jul 27th, 2010, 01:15 PM
^^ Yup, it's nowhere to be found. I heard it'll start on friday or something like that...:rolleyes:

SERVivor
Jul 27th, 2010, 01:30 PM
you're right. no livestream or U.S. tv coverage until friday. And wer'e supposed to care about the "u.s. open series?" They hype it with tv commercials, then little coverage. ESPN is probably concentrating on the men's tournament in Los Angeles.

ma re
Jul 27th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Just checked Kirilenko's Stanford thread on this forum - fans seem worried...like they should...:devil:

SERVivor
Jul 27th, 2010, 02:15 PM
This will be an intriguing matchup. Kirilenko has a few weaknesses. One is a weak second serve. She tries to compensate by getting a high first serve percentage. Also, she is not as consistent off the ground as some of the other players who lack fire power. She can be prone to patches of inconsistency. In addition, Kirilenko has not played since Wimbledon, and according to her site on this forum, has been nursing a shoulder problem.

mikireturns
Jul 27th, 2010, 02:52 PM
All good points from everyone, but I just emerged from the shower and am steeling myself for the drive to Stanford. [Yes I have put clothes on after the shower and before the drive].

Kirilenko? Please. Best possible opponet for a hungry Lucic.

Kirilenko? Weak mind that thinks of forehands one moment and caviar blini in the next, with a bit of kielbasa, Clairol "Summer Snacking" Hair Color, and wild birds' nests thrown-in for good measure.

Can't outhit Miki. Under-matched this season.

Miss Princess Perfect had better bring lots of oiled slaves to peel grapes for her during changeovers.

Sure, if Miki comes out, after all these AWESOME efforts to reach the main draw (which she has reached), and plays like a complete birdbrain, then forget it.

But she is out to hurt girls. She's match-tough and HUNGRY. Think what y'all want, but I wouldn't want to face Lucic right now, no matter who I was. Word spreads fast about who is hot in these neurotic WTA circles. Kirilenko will be awake, but she won't be ready until at least the second set.

This is Miki's to snatch.

Off I go. It'll be interesting to see what sort of crowd pays to watch play on a foggy Tuesday after a poorly attended Monday, and concessions people standing around with their fngers up their asses when they could have made lots on Saturday & Sunday.

ok. No more coffee for me. Off I go.

auntie janie
Jul 27th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Wow ... so exhausted. I told y'all Miki was playing like thunder. She started off shaky on serve as usual, then never looked back in the first set. It was very nerve wracking to watch the second set, because Krajicek was putting some real mustard on the ball, but Miki was matching her shot for shot and playing smart, bad ass tennis. Opening up that court. I think Kirilenko is in trouble, friends. Oh yes. She is not anywhere near as consistent as an Azarenka and can be picked-off like a ripe tomato.

Miki is on and her serve today was SO SO SO much more assured than against Hendler, but the fact is that she really is so dominating on her return games, and her second serve is so clever, that she's ... well, she's taking charge out there. Staying in the moment. But she took just a little teeny bit of power off her first serve and played it smart--still banging it in hard but with better placement. She really outclassed Krajicek in the first set and could have done so in the second, but she obviously started thinking about it maybe a bit too much. But man, is she ever gritting her teeth and BEATING these girls out there!

This is so great to read about! Thank you so much for your reports. It's like we're watching Miki get better day by day. :hearts:

SERVivor
Jul 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Mikireturns, I visited the blog you just created for Lucic and your name sounded familiar. I googled it and saw a link to your main blog. I had read a story you wrote a few months ago on your main blog regarding Miki's comeback. Very good story. It turns out we were right, you are a professional writer. It was pretty apparent from the vivid posts that you are a writer.

networthy
Jul 27th, 2010, 10:54 PM
I'm as big a fan of Mirjana's as anyone (have been posting on this thread since I joined a few years ago) and as excited as anyone about her recent good results. Having said that, I'm not anywhere nearly as optimistic as other people about her match against Kirilenko. I hope I'm proven wrong!

ajmo!
Jul 27th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I was always optimistic. Even when she was losing in 25k qualies. And some posters came back now when she got good results again. But it's ok.

Hele.
Jul 27th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I don't expect Miki to win but I believe and hope she can make suprise in this match. I mean, I think Miki can beat here if she has a good day! :yeah:

ajmo!
Jul 28th, 2010, 12:12 AM
mirjana to serve first..gl

ajmo!
Jul 28th, 2010, 12:22 AM
missed 40-15..Lucic 0-1* :(

ajmo!
Jul 28th, 2010, 12:37 AM
uhh, *0-4, wasted 4 BPs in last game

ajmo!
Jul 28th, 2010, 12:41 AM
omg..was up 40-30 an lost another game.. miki 0-5*