PDA

View Full Version : Mirjana Lucic Comeback Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Gaz.
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:50 PM
rebreak [:

Hele.
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:52 PM
3-3!

Hele.
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:04 PM
3-5 :sad:

Hele.
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:06 PM
She lost 7-5 4-6 6-3 :sad:

croat123
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:07 PM
i have no words :sad:

Gaz.
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:07 PM
:banghead:

croat123
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:08 PM
i mean, jovanovic??? she's pretty useless on court--hasn't hit a winner since 2003. terrible, terrible loss

Sasja
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:32 PM
:sobbing:

ajmo!
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:25 PM
:crying2:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 4th, 2010, 07:46 PM
:sad:

mikireturns
Jul 4th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Sloppy work from Mirjana.

It is tough changing gears on surfaces, but if she wants to hit the Top 50 (as she stated when she contracted to work with her current Bolletieri coach, Angel Diaz), then she needs to win against tomato cans like Jovanovic.

Crappy loss.:mad:

She must refocus and move onward in Palermo next week.

For God's sake Mirjana ... take a bit off the serve if you need to win actual matches by percentages.

Forget this loss and turn it around in Palermo! (She CAN do it).

mikireturns
Jul 4th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I'm not questioning Miki's effort; she is working hard out there ... but this transition to clay is not so smooth and she needs to recalibrate. That being said, she DID get a win on red clay, and performs best when she's been playing lots of matches.

I expect her to buck up big time in Palermo.

ma re
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
but if she wants to hit the Top 50 (as she stated when she contracted to work with her current Bolletieri coach, Angel Diaz)

How do you know all this?! I didn't even know the name of her new coach. Thanks for the info!

networthy
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Too bad about Mirjana's loss today. On a positive note, her ranking went up this week from 182 to 164 :yeah:

networthy
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Too bad about Mirjana's loss today. On a positive note, her ranking went up this week from 182 to 164 :yeah:

mikireturns
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Maybe Miki's recent loss wasn't quite as unfortunate as we thought (though it was unfortunate); Jovanovic was a few points from beating top-seeded Woerle in the final round of qualifying, and then Woerle played currently in-form No. 3 seed Safarova in the first round and got waxed, 2 and 0.

I still wish Miki had qualified, but it would have been a miserable draw. She needs a combination of her strong, forceful play and just the right draw to go deep at one of these WTA events and push her ranking toward (or into) the top 100 before year's end.

Let's hope she revs-it-up at Palermo.

Also, Mirjana actually contracted to work and travel with Angel Diaz earlier this year. They signed not long before the Jackson, Mississipi event, but he had been hitting with her at Bolletieri's in Sarasota for a little period of time before. This was announced via the USTA some months ago. Diaz is a USTA coach.

I don't know the specifics of the "contract" obviously, but it's clear that Miki has found some sort of sponsor to help her travel reasonably and get her game in order full-time. Diaz earlier stated that the goal was for Mirjana to reach the Top 50 in six months. This might be doable by year's end, but she'll need to win a WTA level tournament and make consistent good runs at others. If she can get in to the Top 100 by the end of this year, rather, she can put herself into position for Top 50 for 2011 much more easily, in terms of more direct entries to WTA events.

ma re
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Diaz earlier stated that the goal was for Mirjana to reach the Top 50 in six months.

I don't want to sound negative, but...is he on drugs?!

:lol:

mikireturns
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:18 PM
It was/is a big goal, but not outside possibility. For example, if she could have gotten past nerves and Azarenka at Wimbledon, there's a good chance that she could have made a run there, perhaps even to the quarters. I mean, Pironkova, and Kvitova? Possible. That would have brought her into the Top 100.

Then, a few good runs over the Summer and at the US Open would have brought her close to the Top 50.

As it is now, she has made good progress, but needs to sharpen-up and perform solidly the rest of this summer and qualify for the US Open to reach the Top 100. I expect her to reach the Top 100 and by the end of the year, and thhen she can fight toward the Top 50 next year.

But she has to play very solid the rest of this year and maximize her opportunities just to reach the Top 100. Won't be easy.

Just a couple of big runs (semifinals and/ or a couple of quarters) at a WTA-Tour level event will do wonders.

ajmo!
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:25 PM
She's still miles away form semis on WTA Tour. She was good on grass but who knows whats next. Don't get me wrong, I biggest fan and I always had the believe she would do it(i still have it), but i have been waiting for that big run 3 years already and it didn't really happen so just try to follow her and support without predictions or expectations. Best thing for your nerves. She will make it one day, we just have to wait and hope.

ajmo!
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Sorry guys we have to vote all over again if we want Miki to get player forum.
Please. :worship:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=18117161

DokDi
Jul 7th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Hi guys!

I met Mirjana in Båstad today. She was with her coach and discussed about her practice session she just had. I wished her good luck for the rest of the season and told her she has many fans here.
She was very friendly, smiled, and said thank you. :)

ajmo!
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:16 PM
:inlove: thank you..any photos maybe? :worship:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Hi guys!

I met Mirjana in Båstad today. She was with her coach and discussed about her practice session she just had. I wished her good luck for the rest of the season and told her she has many fans here.
She was very friendly, smiled, and said thank you. :)
Lucky :hearts:

ajmo!
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Sorry guys we have to vote all over again if we want Miki to get player forum.
Please. :worship:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=18117161

DokDi
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Sorry, no photos. :awww: She had a white outfit, the same as in Wimbledon I think.
Actually wasn't prepared to see her, I thought she had left Sweden some days ago...:sobbing:

ajmo!
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:39 PM
las q..was she happy? and coach? :D

DokDi
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Yes. She was very happy, smiling and laughing...the friendliest player I saw all day!:)
She was with a guy with bald head. (Her coach I suppose.) They spoke english which surprised me as I expected croatian.;)

ajmo!
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:49 PM
well, it's a long story, not important now...she lives on florida and coach is not croat..
so glad to hear she's happy, everything else doesn't matter.
:banana: :D

DokDi
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Oh ok. That explains her good english!:)

croat123
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:57 PM
yeah, her coach is from tampa i think :) good to see she is still out there practicing. don't think she'll get a seeding in palermo qualies, but let's hope for a good draw and some better serving

networthy
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:56 AM
With the 6 points she got this week, Mirjana should move up 2-3 spots in the rankings. Not terribly exciting but every little bit helps.

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Sad to see Miki's loss in Bastad, but hope for better things in Palermo!

ajmo!
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Mirjana is on Stanford Q-list. :p
I'm glad she can play those WTA tournaments but maybe it would have been better if she played 100k but still as long as she's playing. Ajmo!

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Does anyone have the Palermo qualie draw yet?

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM
And that's great to hear about Stanford. I'd love to see her make the USO main draw and then I could go see her!

ajmo!
Jul 9th, 2010, 06:07 PM
WTA Palermo Q-draw:

(4) Mirjana Lucic vs. Vierin Nathalie

GL, she's in section with 5th seed Irigoyen

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 9th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Palermo qualie draw is out and Miki is 4th seed!

Lucic
Vierin

Torro-Flor
Albano

Cravero
Alves

Giovine
Irigoyen

Miki better not mess up this cake walk!!!

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
She should breeze past the other players in this group (hopefully)! I'm so excited for this draw!!!!

croat123
Jul 9th, 2010, 06:24 PM
yes, it's a cake walk, but she better focus and serve better than last week

croat123
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:20 PM
second match after 3pm on center court tomorrow :) good luck miki!!
btw, i looked at what's posted of the stanford Q list, it actually looks pretty week. miki might even be seeded

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:55 PM
As usual, she's got just take it one match, one point at a time, and good things will happen. Hope that she does really well here, qualifies and gets a decent MD slot. That's good news about Stanford seeding as well, a nice little run here certainly wouldn't hurt in that regard either!

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Is Miki taking a break the week of 7/19?

networthy
Jul 9th, 2010, 10:03 PM
second match after 3pm on center court tomorrow :) good luck miki!!
btw, i looked at what's posted of the stanford Q list, it actually looks pretty week. miki might even be seeded

Hi croat123: Where did you find this information?

networthy
Jul 9th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Lucic
Vierin
Torro-Flor
Albano
Cravero
Alves
Giovine
Irigoyen

Miki better not mess up this cake walk!!!

She should breeze past the other players in this group (hopefully)! I'm so excited for this draw!!!!

yes, it's a cake walk, but she better focus and serve better than last week

Let's not get over-confident. Yes, Vierin has been in horrible form this year but last year she reached three $25K finals, has a CH ranking of 103 and will be playing in her home country.

As for round 2, Torro Flor last month crushed Brazilian Maria-Fernanda Alves *in Brazil*, 61 63 (and Albano seems like a promising junior). As for round 3, Irigoyen is just a few spots below Mirjana in the rankings and is currently at her CH ranking. Cravero has a CH ranking of 106 and her H2H with Mirjana is 2-2, including a crushing 61 60 win in 2008 in, yes, Palermo.

Best of luck, Mirjana!

croat123
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Hi croat123: Where did you find this information?
stanford thread :)

networthy
Jul 10th, 2010, 12:15 AM
stanford thread :)

Ah, thanks :wavey:

ajmo!
Jul 10th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Miki should start her match in few minutes. Earlier today Torro-Flor won her match 61 60 so Miki will play her if she wins her match. Also, I don't think draw is cake walk but Miki should handle it.
And it seems the most dangerous player in section is Giovine who defeated Vogele and Knapp last week in straight sets before losing to Parmantier(but she took one set 6-2).
Today she had a bad start and lost first set but than destroyed Irigoyen in next two sets, 62 and 60.

All in all, it's never easy! GL Miki! ;)

mikireturns
Jul 10th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Only three games in and Miki serving at 38%. Not gonna cut it. Let's see if she can tame her serve.

mikireturns
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Poor Mirjana. Serving like a dead horse against another tomato-can player. I really wonder if the Top 100 is even realistic for her, frankly.

ajmo!
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Few days ago you said you have no doubts :rolleyes:

mikireturns
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I know ... but it's tough following Miki's adventures, as you know. In any event, it appears she has pulled the serve together a bit and it up 4-2. Hope springs eternal.

ma re
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Poor Mirjana. Serving like a dead horse against another tomato-can player. I really wonder if the Top 100 is even realistic for her, frankly.

I know I shouldn't mock but...:happy:

This time I'm actually happy I can't watch the match. Her famous inconsistency is back in action...:sad:

mikireturns
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Now, broken again. Yawn.

mikireturns
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Just get some first serves in the actual box, Miki. Serve it out.

ajmo!
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:18 PM
6-3

mikireturns
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:18 PM
THAT is more like it. I wonder how tough it is to play against and Italian player and Italian crowds. I wonder if there are any crowds on hand at all. Someone there is hopefully cheering for Miki.

ajmo!
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:47 PM
6-3 6-2 :yeah:
Work on your serve Miki!
GL tomorrow!

Hele.
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:48 PM
:bounce:

croat123
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:54 PM
top160 :woohoo: climbing up the ranks is going to be tough now...even if miki qualified and won palermo, she would barely be top120

ajmo!
Jul 10th, 2010, 06:05 PM
top160 :woohoo: climbing up the ranks is going to be tough now...even if miki qualified and won palermo, she would barely be top120

really? she just defended 6 points from last year

croat123
Jul 10th, 2010, 06:18 PM
ugh, i forgot she played this last year :p
still, i think she'll make it with this win because other players will lose points

mikireturns
Jul 10th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Shaky start but she came through admirably. If she can just serve in the 55-60 range throughout a match she can hold her own and play top 75 tennis. But she'll have to regularly serve 65 or higher to make that crucial breakthrough into the Top 50.

Yes, it will be tough to rise into the Top 100 this year, but if she can qualify for the US Open and win a round or two there, and have at least two "breakthrough" performances (quarters, maybe semis) even at Tier III WTA tour-level events this year, she could at least put herself in a position for direct acceptance into the Aussie Open MD and build strategically from there into regular WTA Tour-level QDs and MDs in 2011, leaving most Challenger events behind.

That should be her goal, I think. To earn enough ranking points for direct acceptance into the Oz Open, win some rounds there, and then build her way back in the big points/prize money-rich events in Spring 2011 (Indian Wells, Miami).

But she needs to play every remaining match this year with steely determination to put herself in this position to begin with.

It is a rough road back, but if someone like Alicia Molik can vault back into the Top 100 (with barely any WTA Tour-level wins), and Jill Craybas at her age can still eke out wins on the main tour, Miki can do better than they can.

Each remaining match this year should be treated as if she were trying to get into Wimbledon.

One can only wish her the best ... surely she and her coach know what she has to lose and what she has to gain. There's no doubt she is trying hard. She is a fighter and believes in this comeback. It's tough to watch her lose crucial matches to lesser players, though, knowing her window of opportunity gets narrower with each passing month.

But if she can just plow deep into even one of these main draws ... think of the confidence it would give her. Ajmo indeed, Miki.

ajmo!
Jul 10th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Molik won bunch of extremly weak challengers in Australia before coming back to Tour, some like Date. If Miki had chance to play those tournaments 2 years ago or last year she would be in top 100 now, surely.

croat123
Jul 10th, 2010, 06:48 PM
those asian itfs are annoying. there's players in the 500s making the MD directly of 100ks :o

mikireturns
Jul 10th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I totally agree about the Asian ITFs regarding Molik. Ha--if Miki had a mind to do it, I expect she is going to be in qualifying for the Oz Open without doubt (or hopefully in MD!) ...why not go over and play some of those weak little Asian ITFs and rack-up the points like Molik and Date!!!!???

Travelling money is the key. Molik has money and Date has more--one of the most endorsed Japanese sportspersons ever. She could "afford" her comeback with ease.

ajmo!
Jul 10th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Now it's to late to play these events. She should stick with 50k and stronger tournaments now.

networthy
Jul 10th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Mirjana has already won the points she was defending this week so it's all bonus now. After this, she's not defending points until the last week in September/first week in October, when she defends 38 points.

AaronJoyB
Jul 11th, 2010, 11:43 AM
she played decent..not a good match overall..shaky serve trought all the match..glimpse of brillant tennis here and there but all was ok for the player she was battle against. Vierin was tottally out of form. Mirjana has to rise a lot her level from today..I didnt see Torro Flor but my friend told me she is a moon baller

ajmo!
Jul 11th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Moon baller? Definetly Miki has to improve if she's playing a moon baller, she always had problems against such a players.

mikireturns
Jul 11th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah, yeah ... we're all Mirjana Freaks, and that might otherwise be embarrassing, except for the fact that I suspect that most of us here are also regular players: we know the excitement of playing our matches, the complete surprise when some brainless idiot beats us by throwing junk slice-backhands and moving like a troll, and then we wonder why???

Well, Mirjana is beautiful, gifted, had some big results many years ago, and we like a dramatic "comeback story". She really did not have the finances to make this comeback happen in 07 when she played (for example)at the Pac Life at Indian Wells. Couldn't sustain a key result.

It is wrong to judge Miki (tempting though it can be), and a couple of you brought-up some good points about Molik and Date surfing the Asian ITFs for easy-points that they do not really deserve. Molik, at least, is a complete, absolute loser (ear infection my ass!) who simply lost her nerve once she made a big stir, and she still can't play tennis to save her life. That is a glimpse of the big problem with the WTA elite ... awesome players built upon big hopes but with NO inner-character (Jancovic, Safina, Ivanovic and many many many more).

The WTA Tour-level women have no purpose. I hate to say it, but it's true: Serena Williams should not be racking-up Grand Slams when she merely happens to feel like it two or three times a year. She's fat and out of shape, and she has been so for awhile. I love Serena but it is shameful that several other girls at the top lack even the nerve to step-up and challenge these old, used-up sisters. But look at the top girls who SHOULD have taken Serena's Slams:

Henin is a COMPLETE psychotic nut.

Clijsters is also a TOTAL fruitcake (yes, just as much as Justine).

Sharapova is the sad story, because that girl would crawl across broken glass on her knees to beat anyone (especially a Williams sister), yet she is burdened by a rehabbing shoulder and ... ahem ... massive riches.

Please: if tubby Monica Seles had these brainless girls to "deal with" when she came back in 1995, she would have grabbed loads more Slams! If only!!!

Good grief. Given all of that, we all seem to be talking about little piecemeal ways that Miki might get a little crumb here, or a little crumb there, but the fact is this: women's tennis is a longstanding JOKE.

Miki hasn't had the money to be coached or to travel decently until this year. Forget 2007.

Plus, (ughhh), yes, Miki has such a beautiful serve but can't land it. And I am speaking like some of you who have met her and who have seen her play.

Mirjana is freakishly, insanely, mind-meltingly better than any of the other girls you would see her play against at a 25 or 50K event. But I don't think anyone knows what she had to "go through" just to get to cheap tournaments in the SouthEast USA. It's madness. Her serve has gotten better, obviously (she was serving 20-30% when I sat on the sidelines in 09).

This new contracted Bolletierri coach (Angel Diaz) is a piece of cake compared to the fat, uninterested, GROSS guy she was with in winter 09. Maybe that guy was great for her, who knows...

point is: For all of our little strategies for her, we all know that Miki and her coach walk into every event with the mindset that she can break through and win the whole thing. You know that is what they shoot for.

All Miki needs is ONE big run to set the next stage. Birmingham, Roehampton, & Wimbledon were nice, but they were her springboards. She needs to capitalize, and then keep capitalizing.

I'll say one thing else ... her fans on this forum are awesome fans.

Au revoir:wavey:

Rightly so. If there is ever a time when the women's tour can be helped by a great result, great player, and great story, it is now, and WHY NOT MIRJANA?

ma re
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Mikireturns, I have to ask this: are you a writer or a journalist of some sort? The reason I ask is because most of your posts are longer than War and peace and you seem to have a way with words (something I myself was told too, but English is my 2nd language).

You made some very good points this time, a big part of WTA really is ridiculous, not so much because of the lack of talent, but indeed because of lack of psychological strenght among players. Very few of them are tough, and those who are tough mentally don't have too much talent, so they never go as far up the rankings as they would have otherwise. I agree that Williams sisters are a prime example of what mental strenght (coupled with a talent, we have to admit) can do in women's tennis.

But it's very hard to believe that Mirjana can suddenly make a run to a WTA final or something of the sorts, when she only won two WTA MD matches in the past...eight years:eek: Yup, it was just the one in '07 IW, and the one in Birmingham this year, so it's really tough to stay positive and enthusiastic. Of course, I really hope she makes that comeback story, she deserves it for sticking to her dreams for so long. Let's hope it's this time, in Palermo.

ajmo!
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:35 PM
She won 3 matches. 2 in Birmingham :p

ma re
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:42 PM
She won 3 matches. 2 in Birmingham :p

Yup, my mistake. But still...three matches in eight years...:sad:

SERVivor
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM
One reason we can stay positive is that Lucic has been on an upward trajectory this season. She may only have three WTA wins in eight years, but two of these were in the last month. I think last week's loss was a small hiccup in an otherwise positve last few months. Let's give her some more time, at least until the end of this season to continue to progress. We've waited this long.

mikireturns
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Eh. One of the points of my recent War and Peace chapter was that Mirjana hasn't truly had a fighting chance to find a bit of direction in tandem with her travel abilities until this year. In 07, she was hanging on a prayer ... Indian Wells could have paid off if she had reached the quarters and generated some momentum, but she did her best and then vanished into the shadows to fight another day (year).

In 08 she was really just beginning to rediscover her actual game and the whole concept of travelling again to play tennis for a living ... completely existing like a shoestring.

In 09 who knows what was going on with her and how she was making things happen? I don't want to judge the schlump she was with when I met her. Perhaps a marvelous family-man, for all I know. Weird, to be quite honest.

But, by the end of 09 she had surrounded herself (as she has indicated) with a new set of people and started making some inroads.

The girl needed help, and one of my points is that a determined fighter deserves a bit of help on the WTA Tour of Idiots.

Also, most people have no clue how miserable it is on the Challenger circuit. How tough it is for even a talented player to find her way out of that sort of mud. Even a gifted talent can get stuck in third gear forever and ever and ever. Miki is just about out of that mud. That alone is a massive accomplishment, given that she couldn't just flit through squishy little Alicia Molik bar-b-cue events in the outback or smack a passel of Asian girls around like Date--both of whom could cherry-pick key challenger events because of their money.

Really, the Challenger drama is more engaging than the main tour, these days. Except for Alexandra Stevenson, who doesn't even try and obviously hates her life and yet still allows herself to be dragged around like a dead cat by that mother.

Other than that, who knows? Miki is fighting for her life right now out there, against some chick with five names. Maria Arantxa Vidalia Alhambra Florencia Lisbonia Guadalupe Torres.

ajmo!
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:32 PM
6-4 6-4 :yeah:
again not really good but she won..
tomorrow for md :)

SERVivor
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Good win today. Came back from a break down 3-4 in second set. Flor made the QF of the Roland Garros Juniors a few weeks ago, so she is not a pushover on red clay.

ajmo!
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Eh. One of the points of my recent War and Peace chapter was that Mirjana hasn't truly had a fighting chance to find a bit of direction in tandem with her travel abilities until this year. In 07, she was hanging on a prayer ... Indian Wells could have paid off if she had reached the quarters and generated some momentum, but she did her best and then vanished into the shadows to fight another day (year).

In 08 she was really just beginning to rediscover her actual game and the whole concept of travelling again to play tennis for a living ... completely existing like a shoestring.

In 09 who knows what was going on with her and how she was making things happen? I don't want to judge the schlump she was with when I met her. Perhaps a marvelous family-man, for all I know. Weird, to be quite honest.

But, by the end of 09 she had surrounded herself (as she has indicated) with a new set of people and started making some inroads.

The girl needed help, and one of my points is that a determined fighter deserves a bit of help on the WTA Tour of Idiots.

Also, most people have no clue how miserable it is on the Challenger circuit. How tough it is for even a talented player to find her way out of that sort of mud. Even a gifted talent can get stuck in third gear forever and ever and ever. Miki is just about out of that mud. That alone is a massive accomplishment, given that she couldn't just flit through squishy little Alicia Molik bar-b-cue events in the outback or smack a passel of Asian girls around like Date--both of whom could cherry-pick key challenger events because of their money.

Really, the Challenger drama is more engaging than the main tour, these days. Except for Alexandra Stevenson, who doesn't even try and obviously hates her life and yet still allows herself to be dragged around like a dead cat by that mother.

Other than that, who knows? Miki is fighting for her life right now out there, against some chick with five names. Maria Arantxa Vidalia Alhambra Florencia Lisbonia Guadalupe Torres.

:lol:

mikireturns
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Nice pull-out by Miki to beat Rafaela Maria Lourdes Cholita Margarita Bandita Los Lobos Milagros Sanchez Magnifiquez Flo-Torres.

Hey, straight sets, kids. And she served at 57%. And it can't be fun to be slogging-it-out on clay, especially after her run on grass.

Go, Miki. You won another match. FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ma re
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Miki is fighting for her life right now out there, against some chick with five names. Maria Arantxa Vidalia Alhambra Florencia Lisbonia Guadalupe Torres.

This is one serious LOL:rolls:

SERVivor
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:52 PM
:)Nice pull-out by Miki to beat Rafaela Maria Lourdes Cholita Margarita Bandita Los Lobos Milagros Sanchez Magnifiquez Flo-Torres.

Hey, straight sets, kids. And she served at 57%. And it can't be fun to be slogging-it-out on clay, especially after her run on grass.

Go, Miki. You won another match. FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must have watched "Married with Children" as the writers often gave the hispanic reporters crazy names that went on and on like that.

mala18
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:53 PM
In 2009 she was with Alberto Guttierez, he is not fat, look on his facebook, he is actually a very skinny guy

mikireturns
Jul 11th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Well, really ... think of how any of us would feel walking-up to look at the draw and seeing that, tomorrow, you have to go out and play Maria Soldana Frijoles Diego Negros Blanca Los Fantasticos.

On clay.

Please. We would all just fake a swift Alexandra Stevenson hemmorhoid attack and withdraw.

But Miki didn't flutter away. She gutted it out.

It looks like Cravero is on the bubble right now. If she wins, I hope Miki goes out there realizing she is a much more seasoned competitor than she was in 08. Revenge is indeed best served cold.

AaronJoyB
Jul 11th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I was there... A match so strange..

ajmo!
Jul 11th, 2010, 06:05 PM
why? :scared:
report please :)

AaronJoyB
Jul 11th, 2010, 06:12 PM
why? :scared:
report please :)
The fact is that Miki has to face better player to find inside the will to show her best... Torro-Flor is not bad but is predictable and very weak..The conditions are hot and wet at the same time and I have to say that is better for Miki to play Jorgelina than Claudia as the last one is very aggressive!

ma re
Jul 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM
The fact is that Miki has to face better player to find inside the will to show her best...

That's what I always say about Miki - she gets pumped up only against great players, and that's not always good. Mario Ancic was often like that too, and it used to annoy the heck out of me:lol:

networthy
Jul 11th, 2010, 06:36 PM
It'll be against Cravero, who beat Giovine in three.

Good luck, Mirjana!

Whoever wins will get one of these placements in the MD: Groenefeld, Goerges (#8 seed), Olaru and Parmentier.

mikireturns
Jul 11th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I did watch Married with Children back in the day (thank you so much for making insinuations about my AGE), but mainly I live in California and my next door neighbor is a wonderful lady named Magdalena Escambria Aranha Armadeira Simpatico Tequila Las Vegas Bandolero Cravero.

She's Jorgelina's sister and she says that Mirjana needs to attack the forehand side relentlessly to win tomorrow.

Also, I did NOT imply anything about Mr. Alberto Gutierrez's character. But he was definitely flabby, in my opinion. Porky. Tubby. Chubby. Blubby. Round in the belly. Possibly pregnant. That's not necessarily an insult; not everyone can look like a very very old, ugly, faithful church-going Married With Children-watcher like me:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PkH2s3L8GV0/S5kL-Fj5kgI/AAAAAAAAA4Y/LJbThOjACak/s1600-h/Me+in+Carmelite+Monastery+Church.jpg

In any case, you must excuse me. Samantha Stevenson has asked me to lunch so we can discuss the ways that various Evil One-Eyed Lesbian-Demons are ruining her victimized daughter's brilliant career trajectory.

Also: The ITF people need to update Mirjana's profile page ... they still list Joe Giuiano as her "coach" and he has been splashed across newspapers as an alleged sex offender since 2006!

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/2006/04/16/2006-04-16__the_coach_from_hell___tenni.html

Also ALSO: Someone needs to fix Mirjana's Wikipedia bio-page because it says she is a player who once "enoyed a brief but promising career".

Ummm ... her career is still going.

Now, off to have sushi with Samantha. I hope she doesn't ask me for money again. Of course she will.

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 11th, 2010, 07:23 PM
GL next round Miki! Not to look to far ahead, but if she does get into the MD, then I think the best options would be 1) Parmentier, 2) Groenefeld, 3) Olaru, and worst option, 4) Goerges. But I am not sure how Pauline has been playing recently, perhaps a little better I seem to think for some reason.

croat123
Jul 11th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I'd go with Groenefeld...she can't move and she's not powerful enough to just blast miki off the court

mikireturns
Jul 11th, 2010, 08:18 PM
If she just makes MD that would be lovely. She has to keep it clean against Cravero ... Miki beat her last time, but no sense in fooling around tomorrow. She needs to go out there and smack Cravero right on the ass.

Serve at least in the 50s and open up the court. Hurt the girl.

Miki can do it, and this is one of those matches where she can "rise to the occasion" because it is a match to make the main draw.

I understand that Miki needs (and wants) to show her good stuff against the very best, as Simone so wonderfully described, but she needs to build the nest first. Sad but true. Otherwise, we'd have Chris Evert coming out at age 55 and demanding immediate wild cards into Grand Slams because she "just wants to play only good players" (and, sadly, 55 year-old Chrissie would probably win against today's crop of head-cases).

Anyhow, Miki should at least forget about MD and focus upon grinding Cravero into the dirt tomorrow. Take it to her. Punish her with big groundies. It looks like her serve is kicking in.

Any of the MD first round girls are beatable, but let her beat Cravero first.

Then, she could take a stick and perhaps spank Groenefeld.

Think about it ... Miki on the court against Groenefeld. It would be like a mosquito pestering a bored cow.

tennismaster8820
Jul 11th, 2010, 08:23 PM
If Mirjana would qualify I would wish her to draw Groenefeld or Goerges.
I think style of those two players would fit her more.

But first she has to beat Cravero!
Good luck! :)

...once told her that he'd seen Lucic with her shirt off.

:o

ajmo!
Jul 11th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Goerges is in great form, i would prefer any other player. But lets see what will happen tomorrow cause miki seems to be a bit out of form. Remember this spring she was beating this girls 60 61(e.g. Koroleva or whatever her name is) and now she has problems with this girls. Hope she can make it tomorrow.

mikireturns
Jul 11th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Tomorrow is crucial, but I don't think Mirjana is out of form, necessarily ... I think she is adjusting to clay after the grass, and adjusting to getting back-to-business after the thrill of Centre Court. Her serve percentages went up after the first match so I expect she is getting herself back on track and thinking like a Top 100 (or better) player.

Let's face it--she went through the whole England drama and, after a wobble in Bastad, she has returned to win back to back matches. Miki is working. She's working.

I want her to really hammer Cravero tomorrow. Really punish her and make her feel pain!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, no pain, but a win would be choice.

Good luck, Miki.:devil:

ajmo!
Jul 11th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Out of form at the moment I meant, not generaly :)

mala18
Jul 11th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't say out of form... have we been watching the same things? In the past 4 weeks, she qualified and then won 2 rounds in Birmingham. Qualified in Wimbledon, Bastad was little shaky but won 1 round, and the past two days she has won 2 matches...ok ok its not like winning a tournament, but hello the ranking has been steadily going up & up...with these 2 wins she will be 156 which is GREAT! I would say , its better than 25K in Ft Walton Beach!
Go Miki

ajmo!
Jul 11th, 2010, 10:48 PM
You got me wrong, i already said at this moment, meaning last few days. She is in good form whole spring. Played good in Jackson, IHB, Raleigh...
But I just feel that she can beat these girls easier than she did, I think she has the quality for that. I also think she can find her game tomorrow and it will all be the same. Hope you understand finnaly what i wanted to say. :wavey:

mikireturns
Jul 11th, 2010, 11:20 PM
I understand what you mean, i.e. she may be a little 'off par' for the similar surface and types of players. True, but she's stringing wins together, so that's good. Tomorrow she can prove herself ... she SHOULD qualify. Seeded to qualify.

I want her to enjoy herself tomorrow when she pounds her groundies against Cravero! Hit hard and have fun, Miki!

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 11th, 2010, 11:37 PM
LOL this thread has a really entertaining last 2 pages.

Qualify tomorrow Miki :hearts: AJMO!

mikireturns
Jul 12th, 2010, 12:02 AM
I know. Miki inspires passion in her fans. It may be a tad obsessive, but I tell you ... why are we fans in the first place? From the latin fanatic.

Miki ... throw everything you have got at Cravero. Bring her DOWN.

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 12th, 2010, 01:04 AM
? for you guys - Is Miki taking a break the week of 7/19, or did I miss that she's entered somewhere?

croat123
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:46 AM
i'm pretty sure she is off that week. she'll be playing qualifying in california

networthy
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:57 AM
It's pretty amazing to think that just about a year ago, Mirjana was playing a $25K (El Paso, in June) and getting bageled by Courtney Dolehide (who has a CH ranking of 453) in her first-round loss.

Fast forward a year and Mirjana has a 10-3 record in WTA-level matches (Q and MD) over the past month.

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:50 AM
? for you guys - Is Miki taking a break the week of 7/19, or did I miss that she's entered somewhere?

week of to travel to states and than stanford..
she needs some time to adjust, she's not cohen :p

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Cravero - Lucic *4-1
No hold, won only 44% on 1st serve ond 22% on 2nd :help: :sad:

Get it together! C'mon! You can do it!

mikireturns
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:32 PM
oof.

Miki down 1-4 and Cravero is actually serving worse than Miki:eek:

AaronJoyB
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:00 PM
her serve:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::he lp:

Krijes Sedam
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Phew! :cool:
Won 2nd set! :)

Hele.
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:35 PM
1-1 in the third!

Hele.
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:55 PM
4-3 up in the third set!

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Please hold. C'mon!

AaronJoyB
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:04 PM
OMG WHAT A FREAKING MATCH!
first of all CONGRATULATION MIKI!! we all have to be proud of her uncomparable willing fight...she was nervous a lot but never gave up and was ready to play point by point. Cravero is a wall and this a big wins! Believe me! The problem is that Miki seems to be a bit tired...hope she will play not morrow

MLF
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Nice to see Miki grafting out the wins in Palermo. These defensive players are not easy to beat on red clay ( I know, I've sprayed the ball against many of them when I've had to play a tournament on it ), Palermo's red clay is slower than most. Hopefully she gets a nice placement and a day off.

mala18
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:10 PM
No day off I think.
Good fight Miki!!!!
Congrats,
Step By Step

mikireturns
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Some food and a good night's rest ought to do wonders for her. Very lovely to come back from the hiccup in Bastad to qualify for this event. Another well-earned main draw for Miki. She has to feel pretty good about going to Europe now. The top seeds for this qually (Pivarovova and Karatantcheva) failed to make it through.

Hele.
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:14 PM

Sasja
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Mirjana :)

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Really nice to see her gut this one out! I had to leave the live scores about mid-way through the 2nd set and when I came back I thought she lost because the match wasn't still being played - such a relief to see she pulled it out!!! Rest up and GL next round!

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Great! One fact you all seem to forget.. After she was down 4-6 0-2 she hasn't lost a serve til the end and that's the thing i missed in these two weeks.
Hope she can get a decent draw and play nice match.
Ajmo Miki! You can do it!

ma re
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Nice job:yeah:

networthy
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Congratulations to Mirjana on qualifying!!! The 16 points should lift her into the mid-150s, at least according to TBE's thread.

That means it's time yet again :bounce: to update Mirjana's rankings progress. Take a look:

March 2008: 700s
April 2008: 600s
May 2008: 500s
July 2008: 400s
April 2009: 300s
November 2009: 260s
January 2010: 250s
February 2010: 240s
May 2010: 200s
June 2010: 160s
July 2010: 150s :aparty:

networthy
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Also, she now takes over from Ajla as the #3 Croat :eek:

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:31 PM
:banana: keep it up girl

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Also, she now takes over from Ajla as the #3 Croat :eek:

interesting to see what will prpic do since Sprem isn't playing FC if mirjana stays croat #3, she deserved to be in croatian team once again

croat123
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:39 PM
i hope she get a good draw...this is a great chance to try to sneak into the seedings in USO qualifying!

ma re
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:41 PM
interesting to see what will prpic do since Sprem isn't playing FC if mirjana stays croat #3, she deserved to be in croatian team once again

She and Prpic pretty much hate eachother and don't speak to eachother from what I know, so I doubt that a) he'll call her and b) that she'd come even if he would make the call.

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I think she said few years ago she would come to play for Croatia any time. But the's not important now. I hope she gets to play Ana Lena.

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:45 PM
i hope she get a good draw...this is a great chance to try to sneak into the seedings in USO qualifying!

how high would she have to get to be seeded?

croat123
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:46 PM
usually around 140

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Where she would already be if she had some luck with the draw in London. Hope it can all pay off in Palermo.

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Memoirs said Peng is out, meaning Rus is also potential R1. Now Rus or Ana would be great cause that would be a chance for QF even.

(1/wc)Flavia Pennetta v Kathrin Woerle
Jelena Kostanic Tosic v Renata Voracova
Q v Anna-Lena Groenefeld
Arantxa Rus v (6)Shuai Peng??

Hope she can get this spot.

AaronJoyB
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Mirjana will play Pauline Parmentier

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Ok, solid draw. GL Mikica! :D

croat123
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:34 PM
parmentier has played well the last two weeks, but hopefully she is tired. really hope miki can win it

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Gonna be tough, but that's actually the spot I was hoping she would get as well, probably the most winnable match out of the options IMHO. GL now Miki in the MD!!!!

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I think she would have better chances against Camerin or ALG, and draw would be easier. This way if she wins Errani next. Don't even wonna think about Miki facing her :scared:

AaronJoyB
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I think she would have better chances against Camerin or ALG, and draw would be easier. This way if she wins Errani next. Don't even wonna think about Miki facing her :scared:

we have to be happy if she will face Errani!

Sasja
Jul 12th, 2010, 07:05 PM
GL Miki :cheer2:

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Yehh, I would be very happy but I don't like Errani at all and her style hmm.
But not important- gl against Pauline, hopefully they will play on wednesday

SERVivor
Jul 12th, 2010, 08:00 PM
could someone post the Palermo order of play for tomorrow if they can find it. The Palermo web site isn't very user friendly.

Great win today. As for Parmentier, she is good but beatable.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 12th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Phew, really glad she pulled out the win today... Hopefully it gives her a nice confidence boost that she fought through, I doubt she was playing at her top level.

Parmentier is good but it's also winnable. Good luck, Miki :kiss:

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Mirjana will play tomorrow against, 3rd match on court 7(game starts at 3pm).

SERVivor
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:07 PM
thanks

croat123
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:08 PM
i think miki must have found some form after 4-6 0-2...didn't get broken and only lost 4 games

ajmo!
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Yup, and 71% points on serve in 3rd. Something we've been missing last two weeks.

kfh_9118
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:49 PM
well done for qualifying, Miki :yeah:
Good luck in the MD

So Disrespectful
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:03 AM
:worship: So glad she pulled that one out.

networthy
Jul 13th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Parmentier is going to be a tough assignment for Mirjana. Her form seems to have undergone a radical turn-around in the last two weeks. Through Wimbledon she had lost 11 of her last 13 matches. Since then, she is 7-2, reaching the final at $100K Cuneo and SF at $100K Biarritz.

Good luck, Mirjana!

mikireturns
Jul 13th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Every match is a tough assignment these days, but Miki's form has been on as big of an upswing, too, and Miki has more talent than PP. Mirjana wants to play against and prove herself against the Top 100. She showed she could make people like Rezai and AZarenka itch.

She has the talent to put holes in Parmentier. She will enjoy going out there to prove something. Plus, we have to face the fact: Miki needs to play against and beat Top 50 players. She can certainly pull off a win over this girl.

But, as noted, she'll need to hit hard and take the match from this girl. That's how you beat players ranked higher than you. You go out and take it. I would love to see her have an opportunity to test her shots against (and BEAT) Errani, too. The more Top 50-100 players Miki can face, the better.

SERVivor
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:10 PM
3-3 firs set Mirjana is teeing off on Parmentier's second serves.

networthy
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Mirjana with a BP at 4-3* but Parmentier saved it with an ace...

mala18
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Ajmo!

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Up 5-4 :D ajmo!

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Now go for the break :angel:

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:34 PM
6-5, so happy with serving :banana: please keep it up :banana:

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Sp :)

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Yes, 1st set 7-5 :)

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:38 PM
:bounce: 7-5

Gaz.
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Mirjana :cheer:

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:48 PM
2 bad, got broken again in first game of set after saving 5 break points and wasting 2 game points :sad:

SERVivor
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:59 PM
she hasn't recovered from losing that 1st game in set. now it is 0-4

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:59 PM
7-5 *0-4 :sad:

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:00 PM
7-5 0-5, doesn't look good at all..hope she didn't got injured in that long first game

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:00 PM
7-5 0-5* :scared:

SERVivor
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:03 PM
hopefully she is just tanking the second set once she got behind.

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:05 PM
0-6 Omg

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:06 PM
She loses the 2nd set 0-6...

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Lost set 6-0 with 75% on serve? Something's not right I'm afraid.

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Mirjana down 7-5 0-6 1-4*

I hope she is ok :unsure:

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Lost set 6-0 with 75% on serve? Something's not right I'm afraid.

Yeah, I was looking at the serve stats as well. And her 1st % is even higher (75%) than in the 1st set (68%).
Something's up :sad:

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Probably tired. Still match isn't over. This is tennis, you have chance until the end. And this is Miki, she's fighting until the end.

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Mirjana coming back from 1-4* to 3-4* in the final set.

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:49 PM
*4-4 final set :worship:

SERVivor
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:49 PM
4-4?!!? Looks like she wasn't injured just usual crazy swings in momentum

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:53 PM
2 DF in a row :sad:

Pauline Parmentier to serve for the match...

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Ajmo! Bori se!!

Hele.
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:57 PM
2 match points saved! :unsure:

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:57 PM
MP again!

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:58 PM
3rd saved, make her choke

Hele.
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Break point!

Sasja
2 MP saved, now BP!

ajmo!
BP! TAKE IT! :scared:

ajmo!
3 MPs saved!

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:00 PM
She did it!!!!!
What a fighter!

Hele.
5-5!

ajmo!
Please hold!

Sasja
Yeah, 5-5 :hearts:

Now please hold Miki!

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:02 PM
40-0

Hele.
6-5!

Sasja
And she holds 6-5* :cool:

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:03 PM
So nervewrecking just watching the scoreboard. Not having any idea what is going on :lol:

ajmo!
Epic as always, try to break now. Pauline must be nervous and mad

networthy
What a crazy match... :confused:

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Pauline must be getting nervous. She was serving at *4-1 final set and had 2 MP serving at *5-4

Hele.
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Tie break! :scared:

ajmo!
Miki was down 0-4, not 1-4
She won TB 3rd set against Sprem, hope she can do it again!

Sasja
Easy hold now for Pauline as well.

Final set TB :scared:

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:06 PM
0-2

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:07 PM
*1-2

ajmo!
DF for 1-3! :( :(

Sasja
*1-3 8th DF

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
2-3

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
2-3*

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:09 PM
2-4, expensive DF

tennisfan5
those DF are killing her

ajmo!
3-4, keep fighting..serve big now

Sasja
*3-4

2 important serves. Come on Miki!

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:10 PM
4-4, one more serve

Sasja
5-4*

ajmo!
5-4 yes

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:12 PM
*6-5 MP :bounce:

Miki to serve! Come on!

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:13 PM
*6-6 :sad:

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Mp!

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Mp #2

7-6*

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:15 PM
7-7 :(

Hele.
8-7!

ajmo!
8-7, use this one!!!

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:16 PM
MP #3 *8-7 Miki to serve.

ajmo!
Ttttttttoooooooooooooooo!

Hele.
:hearts: :woohoo:

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Yes, she did it!

Miki def Pauline Parmentier 7-5 0-6 7-6 (7) :woohoo:

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I knew it! I told you all at 0-4! Ajmo Miki! :bounce: So happy

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM
AJMOOOOOOOOOOOO what a fight :banana: Amazing win, totally irregardless of the level of opponent. It was a huge fight and it earned her a WTA main draw win. Huge!

AJMO AJMO AJMO :hearts: Who's next?

SERVivor
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM
what insanity. Wins first set. loses 10 straight games to go down 0-4 in final set. gets to 4-4, then gets broken. Then breaks to 5-5. Then wins in epic tiebreaker. Never boring.

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Must have been one crazy match.

Great comeback from Miki :worship:

2nd round vs Mariya Koryttseva or Sara Errani (3)

tennisfan5
wow, impressive to come back after 0-6, 0-4 down in the second and third!

mala18
ajmo!!!!!!!!!
HOLY MOLY

Sasja
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:20 PM
AJMOOOOOOOOOOOO what a fight :banana: Amazing win, totally irregardless of the level of opponent. It was a huge fight and it earned her a WTA main draw win. Huge!

AJMO AJMO AJMO :hearts: Who's next?

2nd round vs Mariya Koryttseva or Sara Errani (3)
They are playing their 1st round match right now.

networthy
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:22 PM
what insanity. Wins first set. loses 10 straight games to go down 0-4 in final set. gets to 4-4, then gets broken. Then breaks to 5-5. Then wins in epic tiebreaker. Never boring.

And she won 10 points fewer than Parmentier!

croat123
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:23 PM
i still can't believe she won...that's just great!!
and PP has been playing very well recently. final and semi appearance at her last two 100Ks on the dirt

croat123
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:30 PM
i'm exhausted :o hope she gets tomorrow off, even though that means i'll probably miss her match on thursday

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:32 PM
She has to get off tommorow, cause with errani palying like she does I don't wonna think what would happen.

croat123
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:34 PM
top150 :worship: getting very close to USO qualy seedings!

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:44 PM

rucolo
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Yes, Mirjana!:banana:

Great fight back from 7-5 0-6 0-4!:speakles::bowdown:

Really proud of Mirjana.:D

She wants it so much!!!
Happy to see this never-give-up-attitude!

croat123
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:51 PM
oh god, i haven't seen errani play in a long time. she's standing 5 meters behind the baseline and just pushing

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:52 PM
i have seen her on hard in portorož and it's f.ucking hard to play against her(even safina in form had big problems). moonballing all the way, it's gonna be hard for miki

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:05 PM
So Errani won?

Gonna be a tough matchup for sure, she's not gonna be able to afford long droughts like today against PP

vedranTennis
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:07 PM
hi guys. do u know if there's a livestream for free online where I can watch errani lucic tomorrow or the day after ? let me know pls.

croat123
she's still playing...up a set and on serve

croat123
hi guys. do u know if there's a livestream for free online where I can watch errani lucic tomorrow or the day after ? let me know pls.
it will be here
http://www.livescorehunter.com/Livescores/Livescore-Tennis.html

mala18
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Miki's quote;
"I think I am best when it is tough. I think I am very good like that, and I like to fight hard. When it is hard I like to give my best and get out of a bad situation. I forget everything that is going on, all the bad things, and just focus on my tennis."

MLF
Jul 13th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Super effort from Miki :D Would have been so easy just to smack the ball anywhere when you're that far behind. Good to see her hang in mentally.

ajmo!
Jul 13th, 2010, 10:17 PM
:inlove:
true champion our miki, isnt she?
she's been trough so much and now she's back on wta tour-winning.
No other player deserved it more.
I'm so happy!
And to quote myself: this isnt over, not even close-her new story is only begining. Ajmo!

croat123
Jul 13th, 2010, 11:48 PM
i'm just impressed that she was really able to compose herself after losing 10 games in a row. it's not easy with her aggressive style of play and it would have been easy for her to just hit her way out of the match

croat123
Jul 13th, 2010, 11:53 PM
errani served at 89% today. think we can expect the same on thursday. it's a powder puff serve, i hope miki can take advantage

networthy
Jul 14th, 2010, 12:23 AM
top150 :worship: getting very close to USO qualy seedings!

Not official yet. It depends on how several other players do this week. But she's definitely close.

ajmo!
Jul 14th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Imagine where would she be in rankings if she had normal draw in Wimbledon. :eek:

mikireturns
Jul 14th, 2010, 03:03 AM
You CANNOT be serious.

I had to leave at 5-5 in the third today, unable to finish watching scores drip-in for this crazy-ass match, and it is just astonishing that Miki came back to win this. Shocking. Amazing.

Completely off the rails, 10 games lost, her head God-knows-where, and then slowly fightinhg to put it back together. 3MPs down, too. UnREAL!!!!

This is the biggest match of the year for Miki, mentally, given how far in the hole she was. I mean, after this, a player knows they can handle anything. She regained control of her big game, and to a player like Miki, to be able to do that under these particular circumstances is worth more than a dozen expensive coaches and sports pyschologists. Truly a benchmark win, and a MASSIVE mental/confidence win.

Is this not also her first win over an actual, current Top 100 Player since Vesnina in 08 or 07? And in a main draw, too!

Our girl is really working for her supper out there. Just wonderful and a bit unbelievable, but Miki beat the odds. It looked like she was about to lay an egg of straggering proportions and, instead, she became the Golden Goose.:drool: