PDA

View Full Version : Jelena in Petange (50.000 $, Luxembourg)

MilanDokic
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:36 AM
She's on qualigying list, but does she play this tournament we'll see...

vutt
Jul 16th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Qualies would be better for her right now indeed.

shannonannafan
Jul 17th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Good Luck Jelena!!

MilanDokic
Jul 17th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Jelena arrived in Petange, where she'll be playing qualifying!

snoop
Jul 17th, 2005, 03:55 PM
apparently she won her 1st match.
I received an e-mail from Luxembourg saying that she won today and will play her 2nd match tomorrow.
no clue about the score or the opponent tho :o

vutt
Jul 17th, 2005, 04:07 PM
WOW! Snoop you are alive :bounce: Have not seen you in Dokic threads recently. ;)

Thanks for the good news!

Babolatpro880
Jul 17th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Someone posted in the Petange thread that she and Aravane Rezai are in the same qualifying section :(

I certainly hope not, as Rezai is extremely good.

AK-DH Fan
Jul 18th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Good Luck Next Round Jelena

shannonannafan
Jul 18th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Good Job Jelena, Keep It Up!!!:yeah:

Wojtek
Jul 18th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Someone posted in the Petange thread that she and Aravane Rezai are in the same qualifying section :(

I certainly hope not, as Rezai is extremely good.

Rezai overpowered Masha in RG. She has one tactic - hitting every ball with 200% power. :o

martinafan
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:20 AM
jelena :bounce:

Hope she can qualify and win a few matches in the main draw!

I hope she's playing doubles too!

Babolatpro880
Jul 18th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Rezai overpowered Masha in RG. She has one tactic - hitting every ball with 200% power. :o
That's why I like her :p

Anyway, Jelena appears to have won her second round qualifying match over Maria Gezenge, although the score is unknown.

snoop
Jul 18th, 2005, 08:26 PM
1st round vs Garcia-Sokol 75 61 :yeah:

2nd round vs Geznenge 60 61 (if I remember correctly ;) ) :yeah:

final qualifying round vs Vallverdu-Zaira 06 64 57 :sad::sad:

unfortunately I could only see the last part of her 2nd round match. lots of winners, easy win, no problem ;)

2nd match today was just terrible.
1st set and till 0-3 in the 2nd set is was absolutely nothing! :rolleyes:
tons of unforced errors :o her serve is weak, lots of DFs :( oh well, got a bit better in the 2nd set, a few more winners but no way a good game :( hardly any emotions throughout the whole match, no fighting spirit :(
but somehow ( :confused: ) she came back and was even serving for the match in the 3rd at 5-4 but...

Think it was Tino who was there. He did a practice session with her. Does he even know anything about tennis :shrug:

Babolatpro880
Jul 18th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Jelena is in as a lucky loser from what everyone has said.

AK-DH Fan
Jul 18th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Wait is she still in or not???????????

Babolatpro880
Jul 18th, 2005, 08:39 PM
She lost, but she'll be in the main draw as a lucky loser.

snoop
Jul 18th, 2005, 08:42 PM
think its not sure yet. we have to wait till we get the last two results.

*crosses fingers*

shannonannafan
Jul 18th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Too bad Jelena, but I'm glad she is still getting matches in. Keep fighting Jelena, you can do it.!!!

snoop
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:00 PM
like Babolatpro said she is in! :yeah:

1st round:

(LL)Dokic vs. (Q)Fislova

vutt
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks snoop for report!

MilanDokic
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:33 PM
It's not finally yet I think, because main draw wasn't published!

Babolatpro880
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Yes it has. The main draw is in the thread. Someone posted it aws a picture. Sofia Arvidsson is the top seed.

Erika_Angel
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:35 PM
1st round vs Garcia-Sokol 75 61 :yeah:

2nd round vs Geznenge 60 61 (if I remember correctly ;) ) :yeah:

final qualifying round vs Vallverdu-Zaira 06 64 57 :sad::sad:

unfortunately I could only see the last part of her 2nd round match. lots of winners, easy win, no problem ;)

2nd match today was just terrible.
tons of unforced errors :o her serve is weak, lots of DFs :( oh well, got a bit better in the 2nd set, a few more winners but no way a good game :( hardly any emotions throughout the whole match, no fighting spirit :(
but somehow ( :confused: ) she came back and was even serving for the match in the 3rd at 5-4 but...

Think it was Tino who was there. He did a practice session with her. Does he even know anything about tennis :shrug:

Snoop I know you probably did, but could you please make sure you cheer for Jelena, clap really loud on her good points and call out reassurance on her bad points.
Also If you could get like a flower or something and give it to her as she walks on court for her match against Fislova and say Good Luck or something like that, your fans still love you, or something like that, to give her reassurance and confidence.
That would be really sweet if you could do that :)

Perhaps if she wins and comes back the next day, us Jelena fans can organize to type some words of encouragement and Snoop could print them out and give them to Jelena.
That would be an excellent idea.

Freakan
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Snoop I know you probably did, but could you please make sure you cheer for Jelena, clap really loud on her good points and call out reassurance on her bad points.
Also If you could get like a flower or something and give it to her as she walks on court for her match against Fislova and say Good Luck or something like that, your fans still love you, or something like that, to give her reassurance and confidence.
That would be really sweet if you could do that :)

Perhaps if she wins and comes back the next day, us Jelena fans can organize to type some words of encouragement and Snoop could print them out and give them to Jelena.
That would be an excellent idea.

I agree :) :yeah: that would be great :) excellent idea :yeah:

Erika, you really are an :angel: :hearts: :kiss: :worship:

Babolatpro880
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Brill idea. Jelena should know she still has lots of fans who want her to do well :)(

snoop
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Jelena should play on wednesday (if they didnt change the order of play late in the evening). When I saw it yesterday no matches with Qs and LLs were listed.
I have no clue if she is going to play doubles because the draw wasnt done.

Dont know yet (but thinking about going tomorrow!) if I go back because Luxembourg isnt really in my neighbourhood, but if I go it shouldnt be a problem to give her a letter...
I am not a good writer so its up to you guys ;)

Erika_Angel
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Ok snoop, ill post a thread in GM and set it all up etc. so you'll just have to print it :)

Erika_Angel
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Here is the thread :)

http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=179748

Ill make sure to collect all the messages and put it in a nice format for you snoop :)

kuzyboy
Jul 19th, 2005, 03:53 PM
...2nd match today was just terrible.

If the above is true, I can draw at least some positives out of this. First of all, she hides her emotions in the match and that could remind us of her on court attitude on hey days of her tennis. Secondly, with this more composed attitude Jelena managed to come back from the 0-3 deficit and take 6 of the next 7 games and the 2nd set, and set some good fight in the 3rd (or the 5th of this long day). And that is BIG for her as we had not seen such a come back in a mach for some time. Despite that Jelena still did not have that confidence to take final points in close matches, without doubt she moves in the right direction...

Erika_Angel
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Just letting you know snoop that I am putting together the document with all the messages.
I've made it real nice and even decided on putting inspiration quotes at the top of each page.
I also put a front page, and i'll put a back one aswell, and each page also has this little brooch type thingi in the top corner which looks nifty.
So yeh snoop, pm me ur email and the time you need it by (Lux time) and ill make sure it's emailed to u before then :)

King Aaron
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:23 PM
snoop :hatoff:

Thanks for the mini report. Good luck as a Lucky Loser Jelena. You can do it. Come on! :kiss: And thanks too to Erika_Angel. :yeah:

shannonannafan
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Good Luck Jelena!!!

AK-DH Fan
Jul 20th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Good Luck :) U Can do it :)

Erika_Angel
Jul 20th, 2005, 05:37 AM
I sent snoop the messages, hopefully he got them without any troubles :)
I asked for him to also take a pic of Jelena holding the messages up for us. Can't wait for it :)

vutt
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I found nice article in german language here: http://www.wort.lu/articles/4909091.html
you can use world.altavista.com for translation.

Even with my german which isn't any more as good as it used to be, I understand that she speaks about her problems (nothing new however). She will continue with small ITF tournies after Luxenburg. But the pic from that article cought my eye in first place...

http://www.wort.lu/images/455001065.jpg

You can see this pic originally here: http://www.wort.lu/sport.html

MilanDokic
Jul 20th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Serbian and English translations are on www.dokic-live.co.nr!

snoop
Jul 20th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Jelena pulled out of the tournament.
I couldnt get any info why but she better has a good reason for it :(

shannonannafan
Jul 20th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Poor Jelena:sad:

MilanDokic
Jul 21st, 2005, 09:12 AM
Next Jelena's tournament is MARTINA FRANCA in Italy!

vutt
Jul 21st, 2005, 04:08 PM
I hope snoop will not be to upset about the outcome of this event. He traveled twice to Luxemburg. Saw one heartbreaking loss and when he put some effort to deliver all those nice messages to her she even did not turn out second time.

snoop
Jul 21st, 2005, 06:09 PM
:awww:

fortunately I know how to enjoy tennis even without Jelena ;)

and thanks for the article vutt!

vutt
Jul 21st, 2005, 06:38 PM
I'm glad you can enjoy it :)

However we need faster source in the future for scores. Those ITF tournies driving me crazy. Yesterday I was behind of my PC almost 12h. I was nervous and my head was hurting...
...and it turned out... ...well you know!

I know that MilanDokic has Jelena's mob. number, but I think we will not bother her.
However if we could "hire" Tino to send one SMS with dry score after every her match to MilanDokic for example I think a lot of people will be happy.

So what do you MilanDokic think about that? It would make your site more attractive to ;)

jd4eva
Jul 22nd, 2005, 10:01 AM
according to a report in the petange thread, they sai dthat jelena injured herself against vallverdu and suffered a pulled muscle. however they also stated that officials stated that the injury is more psychological than physical.

what the hell does that mean? the muscle is either pulled or it isn't. it can't be in between.

CCCP1
Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:14 AM
Yes think about it Milan Dokic

vutt
Jul 22nd, 2005, 12:27 PM
according to a report in the petange thread, they sai dthat jelena injured herself against vallverdu and suffered a pulled muscle. however they also stated that officials stated that the injury is more psychological than physical.

what the hell does that mean? the muscle is either pulled or it isn't. it can't be in between.

Have Jelena ever been "lucky loser"? Probably that's why?

Of course "official" might have been little pissed about losing big name from the grid and therefore answer included more "poison" (if you know what I mean) :angel:

King Aaron
Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:16 PM

:unsure:

shannonannafan
Jul 23rd, 2005, 03:50 AM
Jelena!!! http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_13_13.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm815XXUS)

JDLover
Jul 23rd, 2005, 05:06 PM
Dont worry Jelena good play though