PDA

View Full Version : new member of france

jean marie
Jul 11th, 2005, 04:06 PM
helle i dont write very well english but i'am very happy to be with you for mary pierce
i live near from aix en provence and i see mary saturday an sunday 10 juillet in fed cup it was terrible and very cool i see mary and its very une fille extraordinaire!!!!! bises

NicoMary
Jul 11th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Welcome Jean Marie...i also was in aix on saturday with saby..we had lots of fun...hope you'll enjoy chatting with us about the GREAt MARY PIERCE:wavey:

jean marie
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:31 PM
merci pour ton message d'acceuil je compte venir en septembre pour la phase finale je susis presque persuadé qu'elle sera selectionnée j'ai pu la voir de pres a aix j'etais ravi j'ai fais quelques photos pas tres bonnes mais cool

ali
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Welcome Jean Marie :wavey:

Great to hear from other Mary fans :) Any stories to tell from this weekend?!

saby
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:43 PM
BIENVENUE A TOUS LES FANS DE MARY !!!

à bientôt sur le board !!

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:50 PM
L'avantage de la phase finale à Paris c'est que Mary est la meilleure française sur terre ( :p ) et que seules Amélie et elle valent la route sur cette surface.

Dechy n'y est que peu à l'aise (est-elle à l'aise qqpart ?), et Golovin ne sait carrément pas se dépatouiller de l'ocre européenne.

Donc à moins d'un gros coup dur, Mary et Amélie sont sûres d'être alignées, et ce sera très certainement Dechy qui prendra le relais si l'une des deux est blessée ou autres !

Mais vue l'envie de Mary, je crois que même après son éreintante victoire à New York, elle fera tout ce qu'elle peut pour retrouver ce central chéri et son public, et sa terre ... :angel:

J'ai hâte d'y être ! Allez Mary :angel: :angel: :angel:

ali
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:52 PM
En anglais? :confused: ;)

MissTennisFan
Jul 11th, 2005, 07:15 PM
En anglais? :confused: ;)

LOL! :D

Wizzy was just saying that, as opposed to the other players on the French team, Mary and Amelie are solid clay-court players and that therefore, barring injury or some other unforeseen event, they will certainly be selected to play singles in the Fed Cup final to be held at RG...

Mark Spruce
Jul 11th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Hello and welcome Jean Marie to the best thread about Mary on the sweb. I hope that you have a great time here.

They have a super chance if Mary and Momo play to win again this year.

take care

mark

MissTennisFan
Jul 11th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Oh and Wizzy opened by saying that Mary is currently the top French clay-court player, which I am inclined to agree with... ;)

Welcome to the message board, Jean-Marie... I hope you have a good time here! :wavey:

ali
Jul 11th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks MissTennisFan :)

I'm inclined to agree with Wizzy too :yeah: ;) Seriously though, I think Mary might have a new role in the team for the final - she's the one with all the success and experience of Roland Garros and I think the other players will look to her a bit more for support (if that makes sense). Obviously Mary has always been a vital member of the team, but I think Amelie was seen as the more "secure" player. I think Mary will really shine in the final on her favourite court :D

Mark Spruce
Jul 11th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I am with you Ali and MissTennisFan.

You know i one day see Mary being the captain of the team!!!!!!!!!

Mark

I'm inclined to agree with Wizzy too :yeah: ;) Seriously though, I think Mary might have a new role in the team for the final - she's the one with all the success and experience of Roland Garros and I think the other players will look to her a bit more for support (if that makes sense). Obviously Mary has always been a vital member of the team, but I think Amelie was seen as the more "secure" player. I think Mary will really shine in the final on her favourite court :D

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 11th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Before seeing Mary captain, i wanna see her as a player in her own soil, in her "garden" !

:drool:

saby
Jul 11th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Mary as a captain after her career, I would say yes, what I saw this week end during Fed Cup let me think that it's a good idea.

I saw a team completely united, Mary getting out of the locker room running to be close to the girls when Amelie was leading 4.1 in second set...

Mary and Amelie holding each other in their arms, Virginie séverine and Nat came to them and kissed both, I saw Mary asked to a fan to give her the french flag, she was following the rythme of the french voices with the flag...

I just imagine the "Mary Pierce Tennis Academy"...

atoutix
Jul 11th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Mary as a captain after her career, I would say yes, what I saw this week end during Fed Cup let me think that it's a good idea.

I saw a team completely united, Mary getting out of the locker room running to be close to the girls when Amelie was leading 4.1 in second set...

Mary and Amelie holding each other in their arms, Virginie séverine and Nat came to them and kissed both, I saw Mary asked to a fan to give her the french flag, she was following the rythme of the french voices with the flag...

I just imagine the "Mary Pierce Tennis Academy"...

i can imagine too :worship:
Mary is now really implied in the french team,the last turn ,even if she didn t play , she has came in the place to support the team !! We can count on her !! :D

Mark Spruce
Jul 12th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Hello Saby,

Yes for sure France can count on Mary. Even though she knew she would not play in the final last year. She still went to support the team.

Good for you Mary !!!!!!!!!!

Mark

MissTennisFan
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Mary asked to a fan to give her the french flag, she was following the rythme of the french voices with the flag...

Wow... that must have been something -- I would have loved to see that! That fan must have been on cloud nine after giving Mary the flag... I know I would have been, LOL!

MissTennisFan
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:58 AM

I couldn't agree more! Mary thrives on the energy of Center Court and the emotion that comes with these huge matches; she doesn't get overwhelmed by the pressure and the importance of these events and I think the rest of the team could definitely learn from that... without meaning to sound condescending!

Oh I could definitely see Mary as team captain sometime in the future, she's already one of the pillars of the team, and I think that she's going to want to stay involved in the sport somehow and she would not only make a very experienced captain who's won most of the significant events including Fed Cup, the French and the AO, but she would also be a very supportive captain, I think she would definitely know how to motivate and comfort her players when need be. In fact, from what I've read, I can tell she's already doing that... because in addition to being such an accomplished player, we all know how nice Mary is, don't we... :)

:bounce: Mary is just the best! :bounce:

saby
Jul 12th, 2005, 05:13 PM
I read an article about Mary, I don't remember if it was tennis mag or tennis revue but, The staff said Mary is more than a team mate, all the frecnh players respect her, they listen to her advices and talk to her a lot too even Amélie does....
Xavier Moreau (French team physio) said he thinks Mary will have another "big final" very soon....

Renek
Jul 12th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Hope God heard you Saby!!!! , LIKE she's playing I didn't doubt that, look at her shape and movement in the court it's fantastic!!!!

Come on Mary!!!! 2005 Us open champion!!!! Keep the every 5 years in singles!!!