PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Lost Money ??

Depressed Brit
Jul 9th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I was so impressed by Lindsay's form going into the Semis that I couldnt resist the 2-1 odds on her to win the title.

My eyes were bigger than my head and I put down 200 pounds to win ....

Did anyone else lose out when Lindsay pulled up (just) short ??

:sad: :(

lindsayno1
Jul 9th, 2005, 03:55 PM
i bet on her, not bothered i lost the 'fake' money - just gutted she didnt pull thru :(

Depressed Brit
Jul 9th, 2005, 04:09 PM
I meant real (in your hand) money ....

Golinds
Jul 9th, 2005, 04:16 PM
u put 200 quid on her to win!!! oops that was def risky...so close but so far eh?

Maryamator
Jul 9th, 2005, 04:34 PM
i didnt bet but i waz almost sure lindsay waz going to win

foreva lindsay
Jul 9th, 2005, 04:46 PM
and thats why i dont bet ;)

!<blocparty>!
Jul 9th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Me and Doug are going into real betting, since we're both v betting genius' :angel:

Don't be fooled by my shit amount, I lost it on purpose ;)

lindsayno1
Jul 9th, 2005, 06:37 PM
ha ha!!! yeah tim ;)

RayRob
Jul 9th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Well, I saw her odds at the start of the tournie and stopped by a Co-Op shop on the way to work (the friday before wimby) and there was a betting shop next door.....at odds of 15-1 I was temped to put something on even if it was just a fiver....but I don't gamble - good thing I didn't.

But I did lose out a little, as before Lindsay finished her semi I made a small bet with a guy from work. We just bet a can of pop (soda) from the can machine....I said if Lindsay wins, he has to get me a can and if Venus wins, I will buy him a can (55p)....then the next day, Lindsay got through. I made the bet more worth the guys while, I upped it to 3 cans of pop (soda) for me and a pint of beer for him (because I don't drink) so it was the equivilent to 1.65.....needless to say he was very happy when he saw me at work the following week ;)

But he looked worried when I told him he was just one point away from losing - hehe....at least I had something to smile at ;)

Put nothing quite compares to your 200 I'm afraid - sorry you lost that :(

-Rache

*timtams*
Jul 10th, 2005, 04:15 PM
I didn't do badly.... Got odds of 50/1 way back in feb for linds to win, so i popped a quid on (high risk gambler that i am)... But having not a brain, i must have poppeD it on each way somehow (retarded me thinks), but anyways that is 25 quid in me pocket. And also craftily bet on a all american womens final.... so anuva 22 quid was won there.....
*that covers my tee shirt costs and film developing*
YAY beckl

RayRob
Jul 11th, 2005, 02:02 PM
WOW, good for you beckl...maybe you should be glad of "not having a brain" if it caused you to win some money anyway ;)

Glad someone got joy out of it all ;)

-Rache

Alize's#1fan
Jul 11th, 2005, 02:08 PM
That stinks...i dont even know if im old enough to bet yet!:)

foreva lindsay
Jul 11th, 2005, 02:13 PM
i dont even now how to bet :haha: :o]

Depressed Brit
Jul 11th, 2005, 09:28 PM
It's easy really ... get some cash out of the ATM, take a walk over to the Curb, open up your wallet and throw the cash down the drain ...

To be fair i have won more than I lost but this loss hurt - I wouldn't have minded had it been a thrashing but to be 1 point away is a far crueller cut ...

Depressed Brit
Jul 17th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Just as a final comment on this ...

I just thought i would let you know that I won over a hundred back on a 20/1 golf bet today.

:worship: :worship: Colin Montgomerie :worship: :worship: