PDA

View Full Version : Porsche race wta tour championships...

Renek
Jul 6th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Hellouuuu guys:bounce: ....I was wondering...do you think Mary will play enough tournaments and gain the points She needs to get in to the top 8 on this race????.......... She's currently 10.:p

1. Davenport
2. Sharapova
3. Justine
4. Mauresmo
5. Venus
6. Clijsters
7. Petrova
8. Snyder
9. Serena
10. Mary!!!

It would be great to see her in this tournament...and also great for her I'm sure would be a dream!!!!...Come on Mary!!!! you can do it!!!! Vamos Mary!!!!!:yeah:

Andy.
Jul 6th, 2005, 07:42 AM
She can definatly over take Schnyder and Petrova if she keeps playing well.

MaryPierceFan
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:29 AM
It would be great! I so hope and want she'll be there. Now it's a bit tougher coz Williams won Wimbledon. I thought before that she won't be dangerous for Mary in the race. But now it's a different story. In my opinion the first 6 players, Ya know, who are now in top 6 for sure will play in the Champs. I guess that another Williams too. So it's only one remain spot. Mary will fight for it with Petrova, Schnyder and maybe other players. In my opinion it's the only way for Mary to play there.

sebbe
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:53 AM
If Mary continues to play good, and defends her points in Us Open and mabye add some points that would be great. She has a real chance when the indoor-season begins. I mean, she lost early in almost all tournaments at the end of last year, Mary has a nice chance to catch some points. I don't think that Mary will get a better opportunity than this so do everything you can Mary to get one of the last spots.

The Last Unicorn
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:54 AM
I expect that at least one player who qualifies will withdraw, so Mary has a good chance to be there. But I rather have her making it on her own and not as an alternate.

aimee20
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I agree she might have just one spot left for her which she has to compete between schnyder and petrova. and I think now that her ranking has moved up. the fact that now she doesn't have to face big name until later round can actually helps her a lot.
between mary, patty and nadia in hard court season. I think she has a fair chance against them.

by the way there might be one more spot left. but we'll have to ask serena about that. :lol:

Andy.
Jul 6th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Well it looks like it will be
Lindsay
Amelie
Masha
Kim
Justine
Venus
Serena

and one spot Battled out between Mary, Petrova, Patty and Svetlana. Mary can definatly do it if she keeps up this level of play

MaryPierceFan
Jul 6th, 2005, 01:12 PM
If Mary continues to play good, and defends her points in Us Open and mabye add some points that would be great. She has a real chance when the indoor-season begins. I mean, she lost early in almost all tournaments at the end of last year, Mary has a nice chance to catch some points. I don't think that Mary will get a better opportunity than this so do everything you can Mary to get one of the last spots.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter where she was last year. Because in the ranking, the race to the champs, there are only points from this year. Like it's in men's race. I hope Mary will be there.

MaryPierceFan
Jul 6th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Well it looks like it will be
Lindsay
Amelie
Masha
Kim
Justine
Venus
Serena

and one spot Battled out between Mary, Petrova, Patty and Svetlana. Mary can definatly do it if she keeps up this level of play

Yes, it looks like. I thought that it'll be a bit easier. I didn't take Venus into consideration. Now Mary has to play many tournaments, especially indoors. Her rivals are in top 10 and in many tournaments like San Diego for example they'll have a bye in first rounds. Then an easier rival and they are already in QF. For Mary it won't be so easy. In events like SD ot toronto she'll have to face a big name very early - in 3rd round coz she won't be in top 8 seeded.

Mark Spruce
Jul 6th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I would be so happy if Mary could do it. She caN IF SHE CONTUNES THE WAY SHE IS PLAYING RUIGHT NOW.

And winning the US Open will help as well.

Mark

Renek
Jul 6th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah!! I agree with you, maybe there is only one or two final spots....Mary needs to have a GOOD Run at the USopen...because She doesn't play a lot of tournaments....so the tournament She enters..the tournament She needs TO GET POINTS!!!..come on mARY!!!!:rolls:

Mark Spruce
Jul 6th, 2005, 04:28 PM
VAMOS MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

sebbe
Jul 6th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Yeah, but it doesn't matter where she was last year. Because in the ranking, the race to the champs, there are only points from this year. Like it's in men's race. I hope Mary will be there.

Yeah, you are right :) ....forgot that