PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup.

Andrew..
Jul 4th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Lindsay faces off along with Venus Williams, Corina and Mashona Washington against Anastasia Myskina, Elena Dementieva, Dinara Safina and Vera Douchevina.

This is in Moscow, on clay. Woop.

RayRob
Jul 5th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Is this this weekend - anyone know if it'll be on Sky Sports in the UK? If so, what time and is it live?

Thanks
-Rache :D

Nikki
Jul 5th, 2005, 02:11 PM
It is this weekend, according to Ace it will be shown on the 12th & 13th July therefore it will not be live. It will be shown on SS3 at 6-7pm, 10-11pm & 2-3am on the 12th. On 13th it will be on 1-2pm.

LindsayRocks89
Jul 5th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Come on Team USA :bounce:

foreva lindsay
Jul 5th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Lets go USA :D

RayRob
Jul 5th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks nikki - gutted it's not live....I was gonna plan my weekend around that ;)

-Rache

Andrew..
Jul 5th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Rumors have started to circulate saying that Lindsay has pulled out of Fed Cup. I'll post if anything concrete comes up.

LindsayRocks89
Jul 6th, 2005, 01:02 AM
in the thread in GM that talks about this. . . someone posted an article and it sounded like she was in moscow and would be playing. . .i hope she doesn't pull out

RayRob
Jul 6th, 2005, 10:11 AM
:o not sure she would pull out after she made Venus and Serena promise that they would remain on the team for the rest of the year!

Hopefully, she is fine and nothing bad has happened....ie injury....but they were 'just' pulled muscles and hopefully she's had tie to recover.....

-Rache

lindsayno1
Jul 6th, 2005, 10:22 AM
yeah i cant see her pulling out unless her back is seriously bad! it means so much to her.... and theyre gonna kick those russians arses!

Lindsayfan32
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Andrew is right Lindsay has pulled out of the Fed Cup semi. All I tell you is that its due the back injury she got in the Wimbledon final let hope it doesn't keep her out for too long. I would say it was resently as I found out from a small article on the foxsports site.

Vicki

lindsayno1
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:04 AM
oh my god!!!!

RayRob
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:07 AM
:o :sad: oh no! AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Darn injuries!

-Rache

lindsayno1
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:07 AM
yep its true - theyve replaced lindsay with jill craybas. its on the fed cup website :( poor lindsay.

wonder what the hell shes done to it then! It must be more than a slight pulled muscle :(

RayRob
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Just checked the official US Fed Cup team page at the USTA site and still nothing about the withdrawal :confused:

-Rache

RayRob
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:13 AM
yep its true - theyve replaced lindsay with jill craybas. its on the fed cup website :( poor lindsay.

wonder what the hell shes done to it then! It must be more than a slight pulled muscle :(

:( Yep, no news article but I've just seen the line-up http://www.fedcup.com/ties/tie.asp?tie=100007052

Not a strong line-up anymore for team USA. Looks like Venus is now carrying the team (although Corina is a strong doubles player) like Lindsay did a few years back! hopefully, they'll still reach the final in which Lindsay will be able to play in.

-Rache

foreva lindsay
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:16 AM
damn injuries :sad: at least she can rest up i guess :sad:

Andrew..
Jul 6th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Very smart decision. Not sure how severe the "injury" really is. Either way, this is a very, very good thing. Rest up for Stanford.

jacs
Jul 6th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I think it's a good decision as well. But I think the injury card was put up more as a precaution, traveling all the way from Moscow (on clay) and having to go through three straigh hard court tourneys would indeed be a bit too much.

LindsayRocks89
Jul 6th, 2005, 05:46 PM
aww thats too bad, i'm sure she'll be fine for stanford though.

wkchiang
Jul 6th, 2005, 06:55 PM
The most important thing now is being healthy the whole summer hard court season!

Lindsayfan32
Jul 6th, 2005, 07:43 PM
She gave a small statement saying to the effect the injury needs healing time so she can play in the up coming tournements she is due to play. She also said she was disapointed at not be able to play. Lets hope she's playing again soon and it just a softly aproach.

Vicki

lindsayno1
Jul 6th, 2005, 08:47 PM
where was that?!

RayRob
Jul 6th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Here's an article from BBC sport but no quote from Lindsay, just from Zina:

World number one Lindsay Davenport has pulled out of the United States team for the Fed Cup semi-final against Russia in Moscow this weekend.

Davenport has failed to recover from the back injury she suffered during her defeat to team-mate Venus Williams in last weekend's Wimbledon final.

Jill Craybas, who beat Serena Williams in Wimbledon's third round before losing to Venus, comes into the squad.

Venus, doubles star Corina Morariu and Mashona Washington complete the team.

"I'm very disappointed that Lindsay would not be able to support our team," said US captain Zina Garrison.

The Russians are missing US Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova and French Open semi-finalist Nadia Petrova because of injuries.

Last year's French Open champion Anastasia Myskina and beaten finalist Elena Dementieva will lead the home team.

Meanwhile France's Virginie Razzano will miss the other semi-final against Spain because of an ankle injury.

Her place will be taken by Severine Beltrame, who had been named as the squad's fifth player. Amelie Mauresmo, Nathalie Dechy and Mary Pierce are the other members of the line-up.