PDA

View Full Version : Mary's Summer Hard Court Schedule

pierce0415
Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Mary :D Stay healthy and good luck :bounce:

Federation Cup SEMI-FINAL - Country Club Aix en Provence, Aix en Provence, France

Mauresmo
Dechy
Pierce
Razzano

VS

Llagostera Vives
Medina Garrigues
Parra-Santonja
Sanchez-Lorenzo

Acura Classic - San Diego - Tier I

Davenport
Sharapova
S Williams
Kuznetsova
Dementieva
Henin
Petrova
Schnyder
Pierce
Clijsters
Zvonareva
Bovina
Golovin
Sugiyama

JP Morgan Chase Open - Los Angeles - Tier II

Davenport
Sharapova
S Williams
Pierce

Rogers Cup - Toronto - Tier I

Sharapova
Mauresmo
S Williams
Kuznetsova
Henin
V Williams
Myskina
Pierce
Clijsters
Zvonareva
Bovina
Sugiyama

Scotso
Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:08 PM
She's not playing that many events, but hopefully she'll win the ones she does ;)

sebbe
Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:14 PM
She's not playing that many events, but hopefully she'll win the ones she does ;)

In fact she is going to play exactly those tournaments. She said it in the interview after her mixed double win.

--------------------

Q. What are your plans in the future, Mary, for singles and doubles?

MARY PIERCE: Leaving for France tomorrow to meet my Fed Cup team that's already in the south of France. Starting their training camp on Thursday. We play against Spain next weekend. After then that I go back to the States, I go home to Florida for a couple weeks to practice on hard courts and get used to the new surface. Then I play San Diego, LA, Toronto, then the US Open.

Q. You mentioned communication between partners. How do you communicate?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: Well, I've had a good coach in the past. You know, Bob Carmichael obviously coached us for a long time. He taught Leander and me to communicate really well on the court. How to call balls, keeping each other relaxed. Obviously, it's tense situations being out there on Centre Court or semifinals of a Grand Slam.

I think I picked that up really well from him. I think she picked it up in two minutes, so it was very easy for us to communicate with each other on the

------------------

or check out, www.wimbledon.org

so very nice to see that Mary is going to play quite alot this summer. Mabye she can move closer to top 10....

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:31 PM
FED CUP !!!
I can't wait to see her

Scotso
Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:34 PM
No sebbe, I meant that she isn't playing a lot of tournaments...

sebbe
Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:41 PM
No sebbe, I meant that she isn't playing a lot of tournaments...

Oh, sorry :rolleyes: :wavey:

pierce0415
Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:54 PM
Mary has a good chance to get into the Top 10 because Myskina, Molik and Zvonareva all have tons of points to defend. But of course Kim has no points to defend

Declan
Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:23 PM
Wa-hay, I'm going to Toronto in a few weeks to see Mary play there!!!!

ali
Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:56 PM
Wa-hay, I'm going to Toronto in a few weeks to see Mary play there!!!!
You lucky devil! Mary always seems to play pretty well in Canada and gets a lot of support.

Declan
Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:58 PM
You lucky devil! Mary always seems to play pretty well in Canada and gets a lot of support.
It's the third time I've gone over for the tennis. The first was 2001, when Mary withdrew after I'd arranged the trip, and then two years ago, when I saw her trounce Maria Vento-Kabchi...I can't wait!!!!

ali
Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:02 PM
Did you go to Wimbledon too Declan? The only other non UK tournament I've been to was the Paris Indoors a few years ago. Mary lost before I got there! :sad:

rsunderji
Jul 3rd, 2005, 11:11 PM
hey I'll be watching her too, got tix! I hope I'll be able to see her up close

Declan
Jul 4th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Did you go to Wimbledon too Declan? The only other non UK tournament I've been to was the Paris Indoors a few years ago. Mary lost before I got there! :sad:

I hate the crowds of Wimbledon, so haven't been there during the Championships for years now. I've seen Mary at both her Eastbourne appearances over the years ...in 1996 saw her match against Irina Spirlea; in 2002 Mary lost on the opening day against Sugiyama, and like you in Paris I had tickets for the Tuesday and Wednesday -I was MAD! But luckily Mary entered the doubles with Dechy that year so I saw their match with Black/Likhovtseva, and saw a lengthy session on the practice courts too...after which I was able to talk to Mary and even had my photo taken with her!!

Andy.
Jul 4th, 2005, 06:18 AM
It great to see Mary seeded so highly in these tournaments again. Stay healthy girl and have a great Hard court season.

NicoMary
Jul 4th, 2005, 07:32 AM
WAAAOOOO Mary will only play really big events...it's gonna be pretty tough..but Mary is playin so well

MaryPierceFan
Jul 4th, 2005, 07:54 AM
That's cool that Mary is going to play so many tournaments. I hope for good runs! Go girl! You can do it!

Jackaboo
Jul 4th, 2005, 12:06 PM
after which I was able to talk to Mary and even had my photo taken with her!!

It would be nice if you shared that photo with us! :)
Enjoy your trip to Toronto. For me, I guess I'll have to wait next year for when the women come back to Montreal. :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Jul 4th, 2005, 12:46 PM
You are so so so so lucky Declan

Very jelous of you

Mark

Declan
Jul 4th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Sorry -I don't have the technical know-how to post a photo on here but that's a sort of excuse: Mary looks great in our picture but I can't stand it of me! I look stupidly happy and it's embarrassing!!!

Mark Spruce
Jul 4th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Hello Declan,

You can send the pic to me and I can post it here and on my site lOL

Mark

Sorry -I don't have the technical know-how to post a photo on here but that's a sort of excuse: Mary looks great in our picture but I can't stand it of me! I look stupidly happy and it's embarrassing!!!

Janela TeddyBear
Jul 4th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Does anyone know if there's a chance to see Mary at Kremlin Cup? I'm so unlucky;( Why didn't I like Mary so much when she won at the Kremlin Cup in Moscow...Boo=(