PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon mixed double Final

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
Mary and Mahesh are in final and will play after Roger and Andy, the other semi-final is not over yet, so we have to wait to know their future aponnents.

GO MARY

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 01:30 PM
GO TEAM MARY !!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for Mary right now.

I was right for Mary to play Mixed. i hope that she does it at the US Open as well.

Mark

Declan
Jul 3rd, 2005, 01:46 PM
If Mary wins a Wimbledon title I shall go to Wimbledon in the next few weeks -the Museum there has large boards with lists of all the winners in each of the events, and I shall go just to see Mary's name up there!!!

ashwu
Jul 3rd, 2005, 01:52 PM
If Mary wins a Wimbledon title I shall go to Wimbledon in the next few weeks -the Museum there has large boards with lists of all the winners in each of the events, and I shall go just to see Mary's name up there!!!

and take some pics of it!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Declan
Jul 3rd, 2005, 01:57 PM
and take some pics of it!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Will do!!!

ali
Jul 3rd, 2005, 02:06 PM
This year they had a big board with the pictures of all the winners from 2004. If she wins, I hope they do the same next year!

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 03:30 PM
Team Mary will play Hanley & Perebiynis.

BEST OF LUCK !!!!!!!!!

I could some one please save the net cams for me from the match. As right now i have to go and help my grandpa with somthing for an hour.

Thanks

mark

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 03:32 PM
Mary Pierce FRA / Mahesh Buphati IND VS Paul Hanley AUS / Tatiana Perebiynis UKR

GO MARY !!!

Scotso
Jul 3rd, 2005, 03:32 PM
If they don't win the final it'll be a major let-down after the high quality teams they have beaten.

Allez Mary/Mahesh! Take it!

ali
Jul 3rd, 2005, 03:44 PM
If they don't win the final it'll be a major let-down after the high quality teams they have beaten.

Allez Mary/Mahesh! Take it!

Hanley and Perebiynis are a pretty good team though, don't underestimate them. I saw them play last week and they have great team work, good lobs and excellent volleys. It will be tough, but fingers crossed!

cakiteror
Jul 3rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
fingers crossed!
dont jinx MARY,GUYS!

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 04:42 PM
first set 6/4 Mary and Mahesh !!! one more !!!!

COME ON

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 04:52 PM
4/6 1/2 break for Mary and Mahesh KEEP GOING !!!

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
keeping going

I am back

yipeeee

Mark

raquel
Jul 3rd, 2005, 04:56 PM
Mary and Mahesh are playing very well :yeah: Mary is hitting some great shots and enjoying herself very much :D

6-4, 3-1 ahead now.

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 04:58 PM
keeping going

I am back

yipeeee

Mark

Mark I have the net cam pic for you

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Hi Saby,

Thank you so much !!!!!!!! You are the best.

I am so glad that Mary is having fun.

Mark

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:03 PM
6/4 5/2 go mary !!!

pierce_fanatic
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:04 PM
:worship: Mary :worship:

She's keeping the tradition alive ! I'm so excited for her at the moment :p

It's currently 5 -2

Well Done Mary !

saby
SERVING FOR THE MATCH

COME ON

Mark Spruce
5-2 and serving for match

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:07 PM
I love the commentators in Wim radio !

pierce_fanatic
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:07 PM
They wooooooooooooooon !

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Congrats Mary !

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:08 PM
CHAMPIONS

4 GS TITLES
FOR MARY

Mark Spruce
yessssssssssss

6-4 6-2

Mark

MissTennisFan
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

cakiteror
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:09 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeees!
this is the happiest day

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:09 PM
I am so happy for Mary. It has made up I think a little for the match against Venus. I do so hope that i can see this match later on tonight ON TV !!!!!!!!

WELL DONE

Mark

Frenchragazzo
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:10 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssss

The "a GS title every five years" rule is true :p :p

Congratulations Mary, I'm so happy and so proud. :wavey:
It is soooooooooo deserved :bounce:

I can't wait for the pictures :fiery: :lick:

And now let's go to party :lol: :drool: :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:14 PM
Now Mary is with a select few maybe

Slam winner in both forms of Doubles and the singles as well.

WELL DONE MARY !!!!!!!!!

Mark

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:15 PM
:eek: :worship: Without losing a set! :wavey:

sebbe
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Nice match from mary and mahesh...I hope that they will team up together in Us Open. I mean, they didn't drop a set through the whole tounament. Beat the 2:nd and 3:d seed pairs. Pretty good effort by Mary and Mahesh.

cakiteror
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:16 PM
saby,will mary be more popular in france,now!
are they proud over there?

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:16 PM
XD count for double ranking ? I believe not ! I'm not sure!

Frenchragazzo
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:17 PM
:eek: :worship: Without losing a set! :wavey:

Yes, for a first time together, that's rather good, isn't it ?
:lol: :lol:

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:18 PM
Yes I hope that they will play the US Open now.

Oh Mary is already popular there, but with this a little more popular hopefully.

Mark

p.s Better be an interview on the Wimbledon site later

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:19 PM
awsome is the right word. Never playing together and yes not loosing a set.

I am so happy

mark

PamShriverRockz
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:21 PM
What a wonderful match Mary and Mahesh played :D Mary was laughing so much at the end there.... :D

Congratulations Mary & Mahesh! :bounce:

MaryPierceFan
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:21 PM
Great! So happy! Great tournament Mary is the best!

ashwu
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:25 PM
they only lost 6 points on serves!

raquel
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:25 PM
Congratulations Mary and Mahesh :D

Mary has a Wimbledon title and it rounds off 2 great Grand Slams for her. Well done Mary :hug:

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:27 PM
Mixted doubles for France & India

2005 Mary Pierce :worship:
1976 Françoise Dürr :eek:
1925 Suzanne Lenglen :eek:
1920 Suzanne Lenglen :eek:

2005 Mahesh Bhupathi :worship:
2003 Leander Paes :)
2002 Mahesh Bhupathi :worship:
1999 Leander Paes :)

rsunderji
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:28 PM
Wow I am so happy for her...nbc is so bad, they didn't show the finals here, instead they showed the taped venus/davenport from yesterday while the live mixed were on...oh well, guess they have to worry about ratings, who cares, Mary won!!!

ali
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:31 PM
Wahoo! :woohoo:

What a fantastic couple of months she's had :D And she was a very popular winner in the last match of Wimbledon 2005 too.

Congratulations to Mary and Mahesh :worship:

rsunderji
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:33 PM
did fans wait to watch the mixed finals?

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
from the net cam pics I think that it was quite full

Mark

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:37 PM
Lets hope they play again together !!!!!!!!!!

Mark

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:37 PM
P. Hanley, AUS T. Perebiynis, UKR / M. Bhupathi, IND M. Pierce, FRA
2 Aces 2
2 Double Faults 1
31 Total Points Won 53
9 Total Winners 21
3 Unforced Errors 3
6 Points Won Returning 17
124 Fastest Serve 117
50 1st Serve (%) 74
62 1st Serve Win (%) 90
57 2nd Serve Win (%) 73
111 Average 1st Serve 108
94 Average 2nd Serve 91

ali
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:38 PM
did fans wait to watch the mixed finals?

Yes, it was really full and Mary got loads of support :D

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:40 PM
I'm so happy in france they didn't talk about at all (well for the moment but I don't think they will, journalists keep saying Mauresmo lost... again...) No words about Mary

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:45 PM
pics up on my site

www.mary-pierce.org

Mark

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:48 PM
Player Statistics:
Pierce stats
Ace : 12th (13 aces)
Serve speed : 8th (115MPH/184km/h)
First serve pct 18th with 71%
First serve pt 5th with 76%
Second serve pt 14th with 44%

ali
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:50 PM
I'm so happy in france they didn't talk about at all (well for the moment but I don't think they will, journalists keep saying Mauresmo lost... again...) No words about Mary

Mary doesn't need to prove herself to anyone, her results in the last 2 months speak for themselves. If she doesn't get the credit she deserves in France I'm sure she won't care. Its been an amazing time for Mary (and her supporters!). She often says that only a very few people believed in her, so I'm sure she's just happy inside that she has rewarded those who had faith. And most importantly that she's proud of herself.

The doubles is always thought of highly at Wimbledon and gets the tv coverage - I'm not sure its the same at other Grand Slams :confused: But the commentators today were saying really lovely things about her, they seemed genuinely happy for her and the crowd was supporting her too. If the French media don't appreciate her, the UK most certainly do! :D

Frenchragazzo
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:51 PM
pics up on my site

www.mary-pierce.org

Mark

Thank you so much Mark !!!
I hope one of us will find a pic with mary's face just after the match ball!!!

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:54 PM
http://www.articles.fft.fr/GetObject.asp?Type=5&ID=838

cakiteror
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:55 PM
mary must be so happy!
oh,i am!

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:57 PM
I try to find french articles about Mary & Mahesh's victory

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/index.html

cakiteror
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:00 PM
Mark,picks Are So Lovely!
Thanks!

cakiteror
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:02 PM
claudiaZ,will you translate,please!

guycan
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:04 PM
Allez Mary!!!! Hope you enter the US Open with Mahesh again and repeat your success!

Can't wait for Mary to come to Toronto this summer for the Rogers Cup!!! Best of luck on the summer stretch.

GoSandrine
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:04 PM
wow congrats Mary! :D :worship:

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:08 PM
http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon2005/default.asp?page=5 (http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon2005/default.asp?page=5)#

click on that one http://www.articles.fft.fr/GetObject.asp?Type=5&ID=404Jérémy Chardy et Mary Pierce, deux Français sacrés (http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon2005/default.asp?page=5#)

I love the last pic, Mary with the trophy !!

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:11 PM
http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon2005/default.asp?page=45

Check that one too

GoSandrine
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:28 PM
Great photos of Mary :hearts:

Thanks for the links, Saby :)

Declan
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
pics up on my site

www.mary-pierce.org

Mark

Mark: Thank you so much for , as always, being right up-to-the-minute with fantastic pictures of Mary on your WONDERFUL site! The photos of Mary 'Wimbledon Champion' Pierce are some of the best yet!!!!

ali
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:35 PM
I agree - thanks Mark! And Saby for the links :D

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks so much for the links Saby.

My pleasure as always Declan

Mark

Frenchragazzo
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:52 PM
I love this one http://www.mary-pierce.org/Wimbledon_2005/TENNIS-GBR-WIMBLEDON-034529reftre.jpg

saby
Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks so much for the links Saby.

Mark

You are welcome Mark,
did you receive Mary's pic from the net cam?

Frenchragazzo
Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:10 PM
Interview after the final:

Bhupathi/Pierce - Day 13
Sunday, July 3, 2005

Q. How does it feel to end your Grand Slam title drought? It has been three years since you last won.

MAHESH BHUPATHI: Drought, I guess, I don't know. For me, eight is not so bad, but you guys make me feel like I haven't won a Grand Slam since I haven't won in two years.

Obviously, we had a chance coming into this morning because we've been playing really well. We just played some really high‑quality tennis. It would have taken something special for someone to beat us today.

Q. Mahesh, what made both of you come together? What are the things you like about Mary?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: We have a common friend. He set us up together. I didn't have a partner last minute, and Mary really doesn't normally play mixed. But, you know, I think some I would say divine intervention, she wanted to play mixed this fortnight. He asked me. I said sure.

Obviously, we weren't seeded. Seedings in mixed doubles doesn't mean much.

Q. Mahesh, is it likely we'll see the two of you now together at other Grand Slams? Is that something you have had a chance to talk about?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: I think we'll play as much as we can. Obviously, her singles is her first priority. As long as she can keep healthy, we'll take it one Slam at a time. It's not like a doubles partnership where it's a year‑long thing. If we have an opportunity, we'll definitely play again. I'm sure. We definitely enjoyed it a lot.

Q. Mary, what is your take on it?

MARY PIERCE: On playing again with Mahesh?

Q. Yes.

MARY PIERCE: Oh, yeah, I would definitely love to. I've said before I've wanted to play with him for a while, and it just never worked out. Like he said, I usually don't play a lot of mixed doubles. It's been a few years since I have actually.

Now that I'm feeling healthier, fitter, I'm able to play more. It really just depends a lot on how I'm feeling physically. Right now I've been feeling pretty good. I wasn't playing doubles here, so I felt like I could handle playing singles and mixed here, so...

I had a great time.

Q. How fun was it for you to play with each other?

MARY PIERCE: I had a great time. I mean, that was the most fun I've ever had playing mixed doubles. I have a lot of respect and admiration for Mahesh as a player. He's done a lot of great things.

I really was able to learn some things playing with him, the way he communicates in doubles. It's just been a lot of fun for me, as well. He's a great player, great guy. I couldn't ask for more.

MAHESH BHUPATHI: You know, we came into the tournament obviously up seeded. We had a very tough draw. We had the defending champions early. All the big teams were in our half. I think one thing we just kept saying to each other before the match was, "Let's have some fun."

It showed in our tennis. We didn't really get stressed. Actually we didn't lose a set. So we just enjoyed it. Today we were down 5‑4 in the first match, but we found a way to break back and get back in.

We had a lot of fun there. I think that's what actually makes a good mixed doubles team.

Q. Were you surprised winning the tournament without losing a set?

MARY PIERCE: No (laughter). No, not surprised. I mean, I don't really think that far ahead. You know, of course, you play, you want to give your best and enjoy your moments out there. Everybody wants to win when they're out there on the court. No one wants to lose. So, of course, that's your objective when you go into a tournament.

We took it match by match really. Not surprised because I feel like I've been playing really well. I know Mahesh's level of play in doubles. Not surprised. Very pleased.

Q. Mahesh, I gather that Todd Woodbridge has decided to retire from playing doubles. What are your plans for playing men's doubles in the future?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: I'm going to play with Martin Damm for the rest of the year starting in a couple of weeks. I have always believed that he has kind of underachieved because he hasn't had the right partners. He's a fabulous doubles player. So hopefully we'll give it a shot and get going soon.

Q. What are your plans in the future, Mary, for singles and doubles?

MARY PIERCE: Leaving for France tomorrow to meet my Fed Cup team that's already in the south of France. Starting their training camp on Thursday. We play against Spain next weekend. After then that I go back to the States, I go home to Florida for a couple weeks to practice on hard courts and get used to the new surface. Then I play San Diego, LA, Toronto, then the US Open.

Q. You mentioned communication between partners. How do you communicate?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: Well, I've had a good coach in the past. You know, Bob Carmichael obviously coached us for a long time. He taught Leander and me to communicate really well on the court. How to call balls, keeping each other relaxed. Obviously, it's tense situations being out there on Centre Court or semifinals of a Grand Slam.

I think I picked that up really well from him. I think she picked it up in two minutes, so it was very easy for us to communicate with each other on the court.

Q. Some teams tap each other's hands after every point. Is that necessary?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: I think we did that. We definitely tapped. It's just a sign of encouragement, be it a good point or a near‑miss just to make sure that we're on the same team, looking to go forward.

Q. You mentioned it's been a couple years since you won a Grand Slam. How important was conditioning to come back from your situation?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: It's just a matter of confidence ‑‑

Q. Physical conditioning. Did you have to work hard to get back in shape?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: Yeah, I mean, we had a couple of chances last year to win. I think Max and me lost in the semis of the French. I think I lost the mixed finals somewhere, maybe at the French, too. I haven't been out of it or anything. It's just been kind of a slow year with Todd because we raised the bar so much and expect so much.

But, you know, having said that, I think I'm back on track now.

Q. Mary, how does it feel to win your first title at Wimbledon?

MARY PIERCE: Fantastic. So happy. I was really excited. I was just saying to Mahesh before we went to get our trophies, I said, "There's something special about this tournament, something special about winning here." I'm really happy. It's great. It's Wimbledon. Winning a title here is fantastic. It's really special. Hopefully that will give me confidence to win some other titles in other events in the future.

Q. After this fantastic match against Venus, no regrets?

MARY PIERCE: No regrets, no. I did the best that I could. Venus played a fantastic match. I thought she was playing great tennis. Obviously, she is. She won the tournament here.

I felt the second set, I got into the match, I was playing better. Had five set points, you know. That second set could have gone any way. If it did, I would have liked to have seen a third set.

But that's how it was meant to be for that day and I gave my best. There's always a reason for everything.

Q. How is your back holding up?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: No. It's progressively got a lot better over the fortnight. Obviously, a couple days off now is definitely going to help.

Q. Do you feel anything at all during the matches?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: Just tightness between matches. But the trainers here are excellent. They get me loosened up. They warm it up with heat cream. They basically get me ready. So they're very good. They were a big help.

Q. What is the problem with your back?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: It was just a freak accident, freak incident. I played in Halle. We won our first round. I woke up the next morning and I couldn't really straighten up. They don't know what happened, but it happens on grass apparently. A couple other guys have had it.

Q. You don't know what the condition is? It's not a disc?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: No, it's nothing that serious, no.

Q. One thing that Todd mentioned was chemistry. You've played some great doubles with other partners. What is this thing chemistry that people keep talking about between doubles partners?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: I guess it's just a matter of complementing each other to the highest level. Todd, especially because he's won so many Grand Slams, he's won nine times here, I guess he's used to a certain chemistry ‑ the chemistry at the highest level. When you see Moodie and Huss, they played two tournaments together, they're Wimbledon champions. That chemistry you can't teach. It's probably built in between them. Tomorrow you probably put Moodie with me, we won't get past the first round.

It just happens. It's a tough question to answer. You find that chemistry or you don't.

Q. Any regrets about it not going further with Todd?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: Yeah, of course. I mean, Todd's a legend. It was very exciting for me to get a chance to play with him. I definitely enjoyed it a lot, especially since we had Mark Woodforde coaching us. It was a great four or five months.

But, yeah, it was a little disappointing because we were looking forward to ending on a great note here. It would have been nice to give him a 10th Wimbledon. But those guys won the tournament, so obviously it wasn't a bad loss.

Q. Mark Woodforde will still be with you since Woodbridge and you are no longer a team?

MAHESH BHUPATHI: Probably not. We haven't talked about it yet. Maybe after the tournament.

rsunderji
Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:31 PM
Allez Mary!!!! Hope you enter the US Open with Mahesh again and repeat your success!

Can't wait for Mary to come to Toronto this summer for the Rogers Cup!!! Best of luck on the summer stretch.

yeah I got tix so I can see her I just hope she comes

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:25 PM
Hi Saby,

Yes I did thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!

Mark

You are welcome Mark,
did you receive Mary's pic from the net cam?

Mark Spruce
Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:28 PM
Yes such a nice photo. It was so great to see mary is such a happy mood. It has just made my month.

I do like the design that mary has done for her outfit there.

mark

I love this one http://www.mary-pierce.org/Wimbledon_2005/TENNIS-GBR-WIMBLEDON-034529reftre.jpg