PDA

View Full Version : I want to know two things...

huh?
Jul 3rd, 2005, 02:03 AM
...1)what did Lindsay say to the umpire about the call, was it funny?
2)what is the story about Linday kicking Alexandra Stevenson's bag across the locker room? I know it happened, I was just wondering why

:):) anywho....it sucks about her losing, but I feel encouraged for the US Open...she will kick ass.

lindsayno1
Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:07 AM
1) Lindsay was saying that if she did her job that badly, she wouldnt be out here playing, and that its a final and he needs to try harder. She also questioned if he couldnt overrule the machine...that didnt work!

2) Yeh ppl were referring to lindsays changable temperament and once kicked alexandra stevens bag across the floor

RayRob
Jul 3rd, 2005, 04:20 PM
I heard about the locker room incident with Stevenson's bag, and to this day although I've heard from several sources, I don't know if it's true. I know Alex's mother was very vocal about the womens tour which really got Lindsay's back up.....basically, Alex's mother was saying that all the women on the tour were lesbiens, to which Lindsay wasn't happy about and retaliated verbally....but I can't remember the exact quote. I think I have it in a copy of ACE somewhere.

If Lindsay did kick Alex's bag accross the locker room, then I would be dissappoined, especially given Lindsay had such a hard time with bullying on the tour in the early years herself....and to intimidate a young player by kicking her bag across the floor (no matter how mouthy her mother is) isn't right and i would class it as bullying.....but having said that, it is quite possibly a story blown out of all perportion, especially since Lindsay was so kind in words towards Stevenson after her impressive run at the time.

It's one of those things that we'll never know about!

-Rache :D