PDA

View Full Version : Will Lindsay win another grand slam?

twight6
Jul 2nd, 2005, 06:48 PM
if yes, what one?
If you don't know which one, just select the choice which says yes. If you know it will be more than one, THEN SELECT ALL OF THE ONES YOU THINK SHE WILL WIN! Multiple voting is allowed. If you know she will win atleast 2 but don't know which ones, then select the choice that says yes, more than 1

fnuf7
Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:16 PM
Bring it on! I reckon she's deffo going to win something again before she retires, I've gone with this years US just coz I reckon she loves that tournament a little more than the others, what with it being infront of home crowds etc, also hard courts suit her and she's going to really, really, really... etc etc want it even more now! Come on Linds!

alibaby
Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:19 PM
Bring it on! I reckon she's deffo going to win something again before she retires, I've gone with this years US just coz I reckon she loves that tournament a little more than the others, what with it being infront of home crowds etc, also hard courts suit her and she's going to really, really, really... etc etc want it even more now! Come on Linds!
yeah,i have to say...at the moment,im still emotionally so shaken,but...i would love her to do it at the UO!!and i say that,although my "tennis-family"is so big,but today made her an extra-special-place in my heart!!!so,all the best,linny-baby!! :kiss: :kiss:

Andrew..
Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:21 PM
No. I have a very strong feeling that she'll retire at the end of the season.

Right now, its all a question of confidence. And I imagine after this, it is low.

joaco
Jul 2nd, 2005, 10:57 PM
To be completely honest, after today's match, I DON'T KNOW. There is no other wish in my mind that Lindsay can win another Grand Slam. I hope she learns from todays' defeat that she will have to GO for her shots when definition times come along. Today she was just expecting Venus errors and they simply did not come.
I hope this loss helps her realise that she has to be more aggresive in those moments of tension. I believe that is the only way she will be able to win another Grand Slam, not playing so passive in those moments.
I just don't want to get my hopes to high cause I really felt so bad after today's loss. It was the first time I cried in a really, really long time. I don't know what to do:
- Stop following Lindsay and supporting her and being so damn dependant on what she does SO MUCH, so that her losses don't hurt me all that much.
- Or keep on being the fan I am, but not get my hopes on that she will win another Grand Slam.

There was a time when I was just happy that Lindsay was playing healthy. This year I felt that I was happy that she had finally won another GS semifinal in Australia. But I found this Wimbledon final absolutely devastating, I cannot find really much confort on the fact that Lindsay had everything to win but, once again, didn't. I may be talking bs right now, but does anyone feel somewhat how I feel?

Joaco

lindsayno1
Jul 2nd, 2005, 10:59 PM
i think it was a momo-lindsay semi finals situation. there we waited for lindsay to come alive, whilst amelie played amazingly well, whereas today, Lindsay was Amelie and Venus was Lindsay

GrandSlam05
Jul 3rd, 2005, 01:14 AM
Thank God I can finally post!
Yes I think Linds will win another Slam!
I believe what Pam Shriver said the other day, "Lindsay's ball-striking will be there when she's 100."
I think Linds will win a hardcourt slam, don't know why.
The bad think about the hard courts is the damn Belgians are better there than on grass, so that just adds an extra element (not that I'd mind seeing Kim win a slam some time, she's too good not to have at least one).
I think Venus will get complacent again having won a slam and will fade for a while again, but who knows.
I don't know when Linds will win another one, but I hope it's soon so that I can rest easier because I know how bad she wants it.
Whether or not she does, she's a champ forever. Really, 3 slams isn't that bad for someone that's kind of a "late bloomer".

thelittlestelf
Jul 3rd, 2005, 01:17 AM
I don't make predictions with Lindsay anymore because just when I think she's down and out, she does something completely unbelieveable that no one else could do but Lindsay. IE, beating Maria 60 60. She still can win another slam, and there's no question that she wants it. But will she? Who knows :confused:

Xanadu11
Jul 3rd, 2005, 03:42 AM
No predictions but you just think that all these tough losses and being so close in slam finals would lead to some poetic justice at the US OPEN.

Nikki
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:31 AM
I truely believe she can have a good run at the US open and win it. She has come close in 2 slam finals this year which I can honestly say that I didn't think would happen.

rue
Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:36 AM
I believe if she can play as well as she was today she will win the US Open. It just was not mean't to be for today, but I believe that her time will come and it will be even sweeter for her.

foreva lindsay
Jul 3rd, 2005, 12:38 PM
im not sure anymore to be honest :shrug:

Golinds
Jul 3rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
yes i think she is so nearly there and will win the US open and maybe even some next year if she carries on playing...

sweet_angel23
Jul 10th, 2005, 06:55 AM
yea...
dis is it 4 linds...(",)
she'l win it!<the GS> ;D

Loughyunijen
Jul 11th, 2005, 11:03 PM
I think her tennis says YES she can win a grand slam, the way she's hitting the ball right now is amazing....BUT her body says NO i dont think she can win another grandslam.....7 matches in 2 weeks plus doubles is just too much for lindsays body to handle now...especially with younger players being so young and thier bodies adjusting to the aches and pains much quicker than lindsay's.

lindsayno1
Jul 12th, 2005, 09:57 AM
just hope she loses doubles again early ;) please draw black and huber!!!

Kelly
Jul 12th, 2005, 11:46 AM
or she just says 'NO' to doubles

lindsayno1
Jul 12th, 2005, 02:22 PM
even better....

Andrew..
Jul 12th, 2005, 02:54 PM
just hope she loses doubles again early ;) please draw black and huber!!!
Lindsay matches up against Black/Huber extremely well. She'd probably win that with any partner.

alfonsojose
Jul 12th, 2005, 03:00 PM
I don't think so :sad: Hopefully she'll prove me wrong

lindsayno1
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Lindsay matches up against Black/Huber extremely well. She'd probably win that with any partner.

oh....

Jan
Jul 27th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Yes she can win another Grand Slam, maybe more than one but only if her body lets her. I think she would have beaten Venus at Wimbledon had she not had the back strain. It just had to be a factor. I really am hoping she stays fully fit for the US Open and wins it this year. I still think she can win another Australian and definitely Wimbledon. The French is out though;)