PDA

View Full Version : I know why Mary doesn't have a sponsor !!!

saby
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:05 PM
http://www.fft.fr/fc2005/aix/default.asp?ID=594 (http://www.fft.fr/fc2005/aix/default.asp?ID=594)

Read the last question and you will find out but it's in french

MaryPierceFan
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:15 PM
Please, could someone translate it?

saby
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:15 PM
To end, how do you explain the fact you don't have contract with a manufacturer?

-So far, I would have told to you to ask my agent, but I have no more agent either! In fact, I was under contract with Nike and Yonex, two companies of great quality.

Contracts ended and I thought that what they proposed to me was insulting me. I did not so accept. I prefer to play unmarked, rather than to accept something that I consider as being unacceptable. It is a personal choice.

I always believed in me but in a time, there is a lot of people who believed in me. I knew that I was going to have results again. And now, I hope to return in the top 10. I have some purposes, I want to play Masters at least once before retiring, I want to win a tournament of the GS and I want to be again among the 10 better players of the world. I think that it is feasible. But it is going to come true? I don't know if it will come true, with such results, I could have contracts with companies where I feel that they are good people, that I respect and concerning products which I love. It is very important that people respects me also.

Today, I do not need a lot of people around me, to" deals ", many things. I prefer the quality that quantity. I earned some money in my career, I do not play for the money. I see really things differently that before.

MaryPierceFan
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:24 PM
Thank Saby!
It's a very interesting point of view. Mary shows her class. It's a bit strange also that sponsors don't have too much respect for Mary and propose her some not enough money.

rsunderji
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:31 PM
thanks a lot for that translation

cakiteror
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:40 PM
She Is So Classy!
That Is The Spirit!
You Are A Star,you Dont Have To Exept Charity!

ashwu
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:41 PM
hey, they are business men, that's understandable.
i don't like their recent designs anyway :)

MissTennisFan
Jul 1st, 2005, 05:03 PM
http://www.fft.fr/fc2005/aix/default.asp?ID=594 (http://www.fft.fr/fc2005/aix/default.asp?ID=594)

Read the last question and you will find out but it's in french

C'est GENIAL cette interview! Merci beaucoup de nous avoir mis le lien, Saby! :wavey:

saby
Jul 1st, 2005, 05:14 PM
De rien, depuis le temps qu'on cherche à savoir pourquoi elle n'a plus de sponsor, bon j'espère quand même qu'il y en a un qui va lui faire une proposition, comme ça peut être on va la voir dans des pubs ou des shows plus souvent....

Mark Spruce
Jul 1st, 2005, 05:22 PM
Hi Saby,

Thank you so much for the translation.

I completely agree with what Mary said. Must have been very insulting to her.

YOU GO GIRL !!!!!!!!!

regards

Mar

MissTennisFan
Jul 1st, 2005, 06:02 PM
De rien, depuis le temps qu'on cherche à savoir pourquoi elle n'a plus de sponsor, bon j'espère quand même qu'il y en a un qui va lui faire une proposition, comme ça peut être on va la voir dans des pubs ou des shows plus souvent....

En tout cas, moi je trouve ça bien... Mary agit avec beaucoup de dignité. Elle n'a pas à tolérer un manque de respect de la part de ses sponsors ou son agent. Une championne de son niveau est en droit d'attendre beaucoup plus, et si son rang et son palmarès ne sont pas honorés dans ses contrats, elle fait bien de partir.

De toute façon, comme je l'ai déjà dit une fois, j'avais appelé Octagon il y a quelques temps en arrière pour essayer de savoir quels étaient leurs pojects médiatiques en ce qui concerne Mary, et j'ai tout de suite compris par leur réponse qu'ils n'allaient pas se fouler pour elle. Dire que c'est la raison pour laquelle elle avait quitté IMG dans le temps... c'est dégoutant, ces boîtes n'ont décidément de respect pour rien et en plus ils ne voient pas plus loin que le bout de leur nez, ils doivent bien s'en mordre les doigts maintenant au vu de ses derniers résultats... en plus s'ils se donnaient un tant soit peu la peine, ils se rendraient compte que Mary a un groupe de fans très solide et loyal et que ça pourrait vraiment leur rapporter de lui faire signer des contrats...

Pauvres gens! :mad:

NicoMary
Jul 1st, 2005, 08:06 PM
Excellent interview MERCI SABY....

Je pense que REEBOK OU LACOSTE vont sauter sur l'occasion d'avoir Mary dans leurs rangs...je verrais bien Mary en Lacoste
Merci encore

MissTennisFan
Jul 2nd, 2005, 12:39 AM
i don't like their recent designs anyway :)
LOL... yeah I totally agree with you, and towards the end they changed Mary's headband, I used to love the ones she wore in the late 90's, but they just had to go change the design, didn't they?! Oh well, I guess it's a moot point now...

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:20 AM
Je crois qu'apres ses blessures en 2000/01, les sponsors lui ont donné l'aumone. Bad luck for them !!!!!

Janela TeddyBear
Jul 4th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Hello, guys! Thanx for the translation, Saby. I was wondering what kind of sport clothes now has Mary? Is it just WTA, actually i didn't notice the "wta" mark on it. The more i get to know about Mary, the more I see what a good person she is. She doesn't want to work with sponsors, she wants to work with PEOPLE which is more important. And btw, her uniform, especially at Rolland Garros, looks cool, doesn't it? =)

saby
Jul 4th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Hello, guys! Thanx for the translation, Saby. I was wondering what kind of sport clothes now has Mary? Is it just WTA, actually i didn't notice the "wta" mark on it. The more i get to know about Mary, the more I see what a good person she is. She doesn't want to work with sponsors, she wants to work with PEOPLE which is more important. And btw, her uniform, especially at Rolland Garros, looks cool, doesn't it? =)

Yes, it looks good on her LOL
I don't think it's the WTA "out fit" well maybe it's already Mary's own collection
it's white almost all the time and it's Mary's favourite color...who knows !!!

Mary is a good person for sure, I rarely saw Mary acting "badly"
Sometime very nervous when the referee call a ball out...
I read once Mary completely destroyed her racquet in the locker room after the 1/4 against Lindsay in 1999, but that is all, no bad words...nothing

Everybody here will tell you the same thing as I'm, Mary is sweet and it's one of the reasons we all like her...

isn't it Mark, Ashwu.... !!! LOL

Mark Spruce
Jul 4th, 2005, 03:46 PM
SURE IS SABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary is just the best, so kind hearted and great to her fans. Alaways signs auto's even if she looses.

mark
Yes, it looks good on her LOL
I don't think it's the WTA "out fit" well maybe it's already Mary's own collection
it's white almost all the time and it's Mary's favourite color...who knows !!!

Mary is a good person for sure, I rarely saw Mary acting "badly"
Sometime very nervous when the referee call a ball out...
I read once Mary completely destroyed her racquet in the locker room after the 1/4 against Lindsay in 1999, but that is all, no bad words...nothing

Everybody here will tell you the same thing as I'm, Mary is sweet and it's one of the reasons we all like her...

isn't it Mark, Ashwu.... !!! LOL

ashwu
Jul 4th, 2005, 10:24 PM
so true! mary is the sweetest girl on tour!

The Last Unicorn
Jul 5th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Without wanting to be biased but I think every player has the fans that she deserves. Mary is pure class and I think so are her fans. Never bitchy in other threads, always polite and well-thought. Whereas some rude players have really annoying fans. What do y'all think? Maybe we should start a poll on that...?!

Mark Spruce
Jul 5th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Hello,

I tend to agree with you.

But i would not start a poll in my opinion. As there you are asking for trouble. I mean people just wanting to post and be nasty. If you know what i mean. And we not want to start somthing like that here on in the main thread of WTAWORLD.

regards

Mark

Without wanting to be biased but I think every player has the fans that she deserves. Mary is pure class and I think so are her fans. Never bitchy in other threads, always polite and well-thought. Whereas some rude players have really annoying fans. What do y'all think? Maybe we should start a poll on that...?!

The Last Unicorn
Jul 5th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Yeah, you're probably right... So, we'll just worship ourselves here, ok?! :)

Mark Spruce
Jul 5th, 2005, 02:17 PM
I think that you are right.

I just don't think that it is worth starting somthig that others will hijack and just be nasty about things.

I hope you know what i am trying to get at.

Mark

Yeah, you're probably right... So, we'll just worship ourselves here, ok?! :)

The Last Unicorn
Jul 6th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I got that. One other question: weren't you at the CNN-Tennis board back in 2000 or so?

Mark Spruce
Jul 6th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Hello,

yeah I was on that thread at CNNSI. It was a good one as well, but they had to go and shut it down. I was a regualr there.

I guess you were as well??

Mark

Yeah, I got that. One other question: weren't you at the CNN-Tennis board back in 2000 or so?

The Last Unicorn
Jul 6th, 2005, 02:21 PM
I never posted there but I spend a lot of time reading there. You posted there really often. When they shut it down I found this board.

Mark Spruce
Jul 6th, 2005, 02:40 PM
I am the same as you, I found this board. I am so glad that I did. It is a good place.

Mark

saby
Jul 6th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I am the same as you, I found this board. I am so glad that I did. It is a good place.

Mark

Sure it's Mary's place and we are all here too .... LOL !!!

mauresmofan
Jul 6th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Maam should get a sponsorship going with Christian Dior - that would put a few noses out of joint!

rsunderji
Jul 7th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Hello,

yeah I was on that thread at CNNSI. It was a good one as well, but they had to go and shut it down. I was a regualr there.

I guess you were as well??

Mark

Yeah I must agree what a great board this is. There is another good one over at espn.com under tennis there is a message board section. They really speak highly of Pierce there too

Mark Spruce
Jul 7th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Hello,

Thanks I am going to go and check it out the ESPN one.

I just love it when people are nice about Mary

Mark

Yeah I must agree what a great board this is. There is another good one over at espn.com under tennis there is a message board section. They really speak highly of Pierce there too

Andy.
Jul 7th, 2005, 11:03 PM
I cant wait to see what Mary will be wearing for the US Hardcourts as she said thay will be her own designs now after trialing fabric for the last few months.

Mark Spruce
Jul 8th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Her own designs.

I am so looking forward to this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark