PDA

View Full Version : 500 Wins [Read what you posted last July. :) ]

Ambrosia
Jul 1st, 2005, 01:54 PM
I was so happy last year when Mary won her first grass tournament because she joined the elite group of players who won on all surfaces.

Another elite group I look forward to her joining is the 500 Wins or More Club. According to the ITF site, Mary is currently at 450. So hopefully by the end of the 2006 season? (Fingers crossed) :)

NicoMary
Jul 1st, 2005, 01:58 PM
I would prefer 500 before the end of 2005:rolleyes:

Ambrosia
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:14 PM
I would prefer 500 before the end of 2005:rolleyes:

I would, too, but I don't know if it will be possible. Sorry if I offended you but this thread is a tribute to Mary, not a criticism.

NicoMary
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:31 PM
No No i was just kidding..if mary add 50 victories before the end of 2005 she'll probably be I the top 5:worship::bounce::eek: LOL

saby
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:42 PM
Mary will have to win at least play 10 tournament and win them all before the end of the year...not really possible LOL

But i'm sure early next year she will break this record !!!

Mark Spruce
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:47 PM
Yes next year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Declan
Jul 1st, 2005, 03:20 PM
Another feather in Mary's cap is her record at the Majors: so few players have reached at least the 'Quarter-Finals or better' at all four Slams, and Mary has now done it twice!!!

Scotso
Jul 1st, 2005, 09:20 PM
I hope she makes it to 1000.

sebbe
Jul 1st, 2005, 10:57 PM
Next year....

ClaudiaZ-S
Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:24 AM
With Wimbledon , Mary won 481 matches and lost 226

Ambrosia
Nov 10th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Next year? :tape:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

John A Roark
Nov 10th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I wasn't here, damn--I would've picked her to do it just after Moscow...
:haha: :haha: :haha:
Yeah right!

Congratulations to the most desirable woman on the courts (or anywhere else, for that matter)

Go, Mary Caroline, go!
Jack

Mark Spruce
Nov 10th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Mary is a Star !!!!!!

Mark

Another feather in Mary's cap is her record at the Majors: so few players have reached at least the 'Quarter-Finals or better' at all four Slams, and Mary has now done it twice!!!

MissTennisFan
Nov 10th, 2005, 06:06 PM
MARY PIERCE -- you have no idea just how happy you make your fans! I feel so blessed I have the opportunity to follow tennis while Mary Pierce -- the best tennis player in the whole wide world -- is still playing! :D

sebbe
Nov 10th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Shit, we guessed quite wrong. I'm happy Mary proved to us that she could do it!!!

Mary is a true star, yes Mark!!

Declan
Nov 10th, 2005, 10:06 PM
I remembered this thread today -came home from work to find it resurrected. I remember when Hana Mandlikova reached the 500 milestone at the Canadian Open (I think) in the 80s; she had an on-court presentation and a celebratory cake in her honour. I think the WTA should have paid a similar tribute to Mary this week.
By the way: isn't the Dementieva win satisfying?!!

Mark Spruce
Nov 11th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Yeah I have to agree Declan.

Oh yes the win against Lena was very satisfying.

Mark

John A Roark
Nov 11th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Gawd, I feel like such a devil's advocate, here--

Absolument, the win was quite satisfying, showing yet again that Marie has Lena's number.

But dammit, I like Lena, and I want better things from her than pissiness at the net after a loss and the ugly play that made her look so... ordinary. She's in a tournament of champions, dammit, she should start acting like a champion!

As Marie already does.

Allez, Marie Caroline (oh, my, that's such a pretty name), allez!
Jacques

cakiteror
Nov 11th, 2005, 03:25 AM
decklan,the win was just more than satisfying, as far as i am concerned!

ashwu
Nov 11th, 2005, 03:55 AM
mary: hey, i got my 500 wins today.
lindsay: congrats! i know the feeling.
wta: we don't care, you are not a young rising star anymore. we need new boobs to sell tickets.

hehe :)

pierce_fanatic
Nov 11th, 2005, 03:57 AM
No No i was just kidding..if mary add 50 victories before the end of 2005 she'll probably be I the top 5:worship::bounce::eek: LOL
looks like Nico was right ! :worship:

MissTennisFan
Nov 11th, 2005, 06:13 AM
I remembered this thread today -came home from work to find it resurrected. I remember when Hana Mandlikova reached the 500 milestone at the Canadian Open (I think) in the 80s; she had an on-court presentation and a celebratory cake in her honour. I think the WTA should have paid a similar tribute to Mary this week.
They most certainly should have!

By the way: isn't the Dementieva win satisfying?!!
Oh, it is sweet! :D

NicoMary
Nov 11th, 2005, 01:42 PM
looks like Nico was right ! :worship:

NObody WILL never understand HoW Happy I am to Be right About Mary beeing back in the top 5:) :hearts: :drool: :bounce: Thanks MAry