PDA

View Full Version : Are we witnessing something special on centre court today?

wongqks
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Toi be honest I have not followed women tennis for a while and just manage to catch on Wimbledon and women tennis again, I am just amazed at the quality of the Venus Maria match at the moment, I want to ask is whether the quality of tennis has been that good all year that I have been missing out a lot?

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Venus and Maria have been in every Wimbledon final since 2000.
Those 2 and Serena. That's grass court tennis at it's best.

alexusjonesfan
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:36 PM
it's big babe tennis at its best...but I anticipate having hearing loss issues after this match

Iheartennis
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:37 PM
nope because ESPN has it on delay so i can't watch.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:51 PM
nope because ESPN has it on delay so i can't watch.
No because im at work and my tivo is not working!!!! Please I hope they replay this match please!!!

Iheartennis
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:54 PM
No because im at work and my tivo is not working!!!! Please I hope they replay this match please!!!

You may catch the delay. i don't think they'll replay it unless roddick is there. cause apparently you can't get enough of him. I have seen his replays way to much this slam.

deja_entendu
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:54 PM
The match is not statistically very good. And Maria is quite tense. The "quality" of this match ranges from average to excellent, depending on how much you enjoy ball bashing, because while it's not the cleanest match around, they sure are hitting the cover off the ball.

Stamp Paid
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Cybelle, you didnt take off like the rest of us?!?!? :shout:

franny
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Espn will replay the match. But right now, I must say, Venus is playing too well for Maria. Theres just nothing she can do. Venus looks to be playing some of her best ball and though I'm such a huge Sharapova fan, I must say that it's nice to see.

Spunky83
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:57 PM
it's big babe tennis at its best...but I anticipate having hearing loss issues after this match

True :lol: ....itīs amazing what those two are doing on the court, but the sound is just :eek:

alexusjonesfan
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:03 PM
True :lol: ....itīs amazing what those two are doing on the court, but the sound is just :eek:

I can't imagine what it'd be like to sit in the front row :scared:

tennisIlove09
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:04 PM
amazingly high quality

Stamp Paid
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:04 PM
But I think were missing something special on Court 1 though. :sad:

tennisIlove09
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:05 PM
But I think were missing something special on Court 1 though. :sad:

I think ESPN is airing the match after nbc is over

lizchris
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:05 PM
The match is not statistically very good. And Maria is quite tense. The "quality" of this match ranges from average to excellent, depending on how much you enjoy ball bashing, because while it's not the cleanest match around, they sure are hitting the cover off the ball.

I'll take Venus' stats because she is leading.

franny
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Venus is amazing right now. Seriously, amazing. I'm devastated for Maria, but extremely happy for Venus. What a sight to see.

akosijepoy
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:06 PM
AMazing

Venus rises again!!! Win or lose.

Atrixo
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Venus is playing very well, there's no doubt about it. BUT, Maria is stinking up the joint with her inconsistent play. I'm almost embarassed for her. She obviously has no backup plan. Attacking Venus' forehand is backfiring on her, as Venus' forehand is holding up just enough. Venus is also playing much more aggressively, and is dictating play.

I'm a total Maria fan, but there's NO WAY in hell she's going to come back. And really, it's her fault for not showing up. :o

franny
Meanwhile, I must say that I am a bit dissapointed in Maria. A lot of errors and not many winners. Just seems like she's feeling the pressure while Venus is just out there swinging away and being extremely focused.

!<blocparty>!
Court 1 is special. Not for the play.

Shame they're on at the same time :sad:

spencercarlos
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:14 PM
amazingly high quality
This is one of the best matches i have ever seen Venus play.. Incredible consisntecy.. :o

akosijepoy
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:25 PM
venus Wins!!!! Ahhhhh!!!! :)

Volcana
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:59 PM
I want to ask is whether the quality of tennis has been that good all year that I have been missing out a lot?No, the quality of the tennis this year has NOT been this good. This match is scary good.

I'm sure Sharapova is still asking herself how she could play that well and lose in straight sets.