PDA

View Full Version : World Group 1 Playoff:Puerto Rico vs. Indonesia (Draws)

tobi
Jun 29th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Albergue Olimpico, Salinas, Puerto Rico
Stadium Capacity: 800 :tape:
09 July - 10 July 2005
Day 1: 1330 hrs (GMT 1730 hrs) tbc
Day 2: 1400 hrs (GMT 1800 hrs) tbc
Surface: Hard (Plexicushion) - Outdoors
Ball Type: Wilson Championship Extra Duty

Puerto Rico

Kristina Brandi
Vilmarie Castellvi
Bianca Gorbea
Jessica Roland

Captain: Juan-Carlos Escudero

Indonesia

Wynne Prakusya
Ayu-Fani Damayanti
Romana Tedjakusuma
Suzanna Anggarkusuma

Captain: Suzanna Anggarkusuma

wawanaza
Jun 30th, 2005, 03:25 PM
go indonesia !!!

köj-è
Jul 2nd, 2005, 11:04 AM
go indonesiaaaaaaa!!! :bounce:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 2nd, 2005, 10:04 PM
Canada couldve got this draw :fiery: why why!

ZAK
Jul 2nd, 2005, 11:03 PM
World Group 2 play-off, right?

Rising Sun
Jul 4th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Go Suzanna :lol:

wawanaza
Jul 7th, 2005, 05:29 PM
draw?

tobi
Jul 7th, 2005, 07:22 PM
draw?
Tomorrow...

andre_janis
Jul 8th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Go Indonesia!

andre_janis
Jul 8th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Players:
Dayanara Torres :kiss:
Jennifer Lopez :hearts:

Marc Anthony (Captain) :cool:

Theme Song: :angel: No Me Ames :singer: :music:

:dance: :banana:

HotSpot
Jul 9th, 2005, 03:45 AM
good luck INA

pcrtennis
Jul 9th, 2005, 04:22 AM
What's the line up for this?

andre_janis
Jul 9th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Puerto Rico vs Indonesia

R1 - K.BRANDI (PUR) vs R.TEDJAKUSUMA (INA)
R2 - V.CASTELLVI (PUR) vs W.PRAKUSYA (INA)
R3 - K.BRANDI (PUR) vs W.PRAKUSYA (INA)
R4 - V.CASTELLVI (PUR) vs R.TEDJAKUSUMA (INA)
R5 - K.BRANDI / V.CASTELLVI (PUR) vs W.PRAKUSYA / R.TEDJAKUSUMA (INA)

Vut
Jul 9th, 2005, 09:54 AM
:sad: No Ayu!!!... i think she is better than Romana

crazillo
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:26 AM
:sad: No Ayu!!!... i think she is better than Romana

No, she wasn't better in Germany at least. Romana was fighting a lot more and played solid.

Harju.
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:45 AM
They are playing Romana over Ayu. How tacky is that Mrs Martina? :rolleyes:. Why bother to have Ayu on the team.

Romana is a has-been player and prolly will retire in like what? 2 years? Ayu is an upcoming player that needs experience to play more ties for Fed Cup. Against ALG, that was her first Fed Cup match and she was bound to be nervous and played badly. And it was on clay, which isn't Ayu's thing.

Ayu has been used as a filler just because she's not under Indonesian Federation's. That's just :retard:.

andre_janis
Jul 9th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Does Puerto Rico has something to let the world know what's going on there? :devil: at least an English website... :mad:

andre_janis
Jul 9th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Puerto Rico sucks! :fiery:

:armed:

HotSpot
Jul 10th, 2005, 02:35 AM
any news....?!!

rain199
Jul 10th, 2005, 02:52 AM
Mmm, why isn't any news bout the match? Where is Puerto Rico? I think it's so isolated! Poor...!!!!

köj-è
Jul 10th, 2005, 02:53 AM
maybe it's rain there?

andre_janis
Jul 10th, 2005, 03:36 AM
It's been ages since the match was started, ... but still there's no news or anything from this remote village.

:mad:

Jorn
Jul 10th, 2005, 03:41 AM
ITF will maybe update the Fed Cup site at 08:00 GMT

pcrtennis
Jul 10th, 2005, 05:41 AM
So no news at all? Hmmmmm....

andre_janis
Jul 10th, 2005, 06:22 AM
maybe it's rain there?

"Se espera un clima inestable en la zona sureste fin de semana. Podría darse lluvia hasta un ambiente sumamente húmedo, por lo que la condición física será crucial."

from Primera Hora, July 9, 2005

pcrtennis
Jul 10th, 2005, 06:42 AM
What does that mean?

andre_janis
Jul 10th, 2005, 07:23 AM
They are playing Romana over Ayu. How tacky is that Mrs Martina? :rolleyes:. Why bother to have Ayu on the team.

I actually want to see Ayu on the court, but this time I agree with the team's (or Martina's?) decision to have Romana as a second player. To be honest, Romana is better than Ayu NOW, especially for this stage of Fed Cup competition. :)

This is a must-win encounter for Indonesia if we don't want to play zonal playoffs with Asia Oceania teams who are much more experienced and have better players than Puerto Rico.

andre_janis
Jul 10th, 2005, 07:49 AM
What does that mean?

The Southeastern zone is predicted to have unstable climate in the weekend. Rain could occur up to an extremely humid atmosphere, the reason why the physical training conditions will be crucial.

:)

andre_janis
Jul 10th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Puerto Rico vs Indonesia 1-1

Kristina BRANDI (PUR) def. Romana TEDJAKUSUMA (INA) 64 63

Vilmarie CASTELLVI (PUR) lost to Wynne PRAKUSYA (INA) 36 46 :)

andre_janis
Jul 10th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Puerto Rico vs Indonesia 1-1

Kristina BRANDI (PUR) def. Romana TEDJAKUSUMA (INA) 64 63

Vilmarie CASTELLVI (PUR) lost to Wynne PRAKUSYA (INA) 36 46 :)

and :angel: Wynne :angel: will do the same thing against Kristina today!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Rising Sun
Jul 10th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Wynne :yeah:

Good effort from Romana. :)

köj-è
Jul 10th, 2005, 09:39 AM
yay... Wynne.. :) Romana should beat Castelvi!

there was a huricane in south Florida..

HotSpot
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:12 AM
wynne.... :)

Romana will beat Castelvi ... :)

rrfnpump
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Go Puerto Rico :):)

Kristina :D:banana:
Vilmarie :(

Wynne :yeah:

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Congrats Wynne :yeah:. She's slowly heading to the right direction. Hope she can get back to the top 200 soon :woohoo:.

Romana, expected loss but yeah great effort.

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I actually want to see Ayu on the court, but this time I agree with the team's (or Martina's?) decision to have Romana as a second player. To be honest, Romana is better than Ayu NOW, especially for this stage of Fed Cup competition. :)

This is a must-win encounter for Indonesia if we don't want to play zonal playoffs with Asia Oceania teams who are much more experienced and have better players than Puerto Rico.
Nah, neither Romana nor Ayu are expected to win me thinks. It's all in Wynne's hand and the double, so by playing Ayu would be a great experience for her since we need her in the future.

Prakusya vs Brandi is going to be hell of the match. This is the most crucial match for the tie.

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:33 AM
3 Asian Nations win today. Go Indo. Make it 4/4. :woohoo:.

andre_janis
Jul 10th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Nah, neither Romana nor Ayu are expected to win me thinks. It's all in Wynne's hand and the double, so by playing Ayu would be a great experience for her since we need her in the future.

Romana could beat Castelvi! She has the weapon. :)

Vut
Jul 10th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Go! Indonesia!!

maxomax
Jul 10th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Hope Puerto Rico will win! :devil:
It will be easier for Canada to qualify in the American group without Puerto Rico :p

Buitenzorg
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Go Indonesia

rain199
Jul 11th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Wynne Prakusya def. Kristina Brandi 6-4 6-2
Romana Tedjakusuma def. Vilmarie Castelví 6-2 6-2

Indonesia win!

pcrtennis
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Wow! That Was Not What I Expected To Happen! That's Extremely Surprising To Me, With Brandi On The Team! Go Indonesia! Congrats Wynne And Romana!

andre_janis
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Romana could beat Castelvi! She has the weapon. :)

I've told you, guys! :kiss: :hearts:

andre_janis
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:31 AM
and :angel: Wynne :angel: will do the same thing against Kristina today!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

She did it!

What a spell..... :cool:

Read my tounge! :lol:

andre_janis
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Wow! That Was Not What I Expected To Happen! That's Extremely Surprising To Me, With Brandi On The Team!

People in Jakarta would love to say,

"So what gitu lho?!!!" :p

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Hardiansf
Jul 11th, 2005, 05:14 AM
WELL DONE WYNNE :bounce:
I miss you, be back to top 150 soon, please :fiery:
This is supposed to be a NEWS here, but I don't see any at local media :mad:
Thank you Wynne :hearts: , Romana :kiss: , and Suzanna :D . Oh, thanks to Ayu too, for supporting the team :p

wawanaza
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:02 AM
yes !!

Vut
Jul 11th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Indonesia, Japan, China and Thailand still in WG2!!! :yeah:

Buitenzorg
Jul 11th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Go INDONESIA :bounce:

Indonesia ranking for Fed Cup is UP 3 places to #11 now :)

Wynne & Romana, great played :kiss:

4 of asian countries (INA, CHN, THA & JPN) are winning 4-1 :)

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 11th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Indonesia, Japan, China and Thailand still in WG2!!! :yeah:

Only Japan, Thailand and Indonesia retained in WG II...China is "new kids on the block" in WG II...China was the winner in Asia Oceania Group I!

China is definitely the strongest team among these 4 Asian nations...Even Japan with Ai Sugiyama and Shinobu Asagoe, I bet big time that China could defeat Japan...Ai-chan has to be realistic with her age...she loses her speed, IMO...Shino-chan is inconsistent...But I know that Morigami is the one to watch...she gets better um sure...

congrats to Asian attackers!!!:bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 11th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Ayu was given the opportunity in dubs with Wynne and they crashed Castellvi/Roland 6-2, 6-0!!!;)

What a perfect victory for Indonesia...as the only Asian team played far far far away from home!!! Great work Wynne, Romana and Ayu!!!:kiss:

CooCooCachoo
Jul 11th, 2005, 11:42 AM
OMG :eek:

köj-è
Jul 11th, 2005, 12:28 PM
the coverage in Puerto Rico is very poor.. even i cant find any news about it in google.. :s :o

yeah Indonesia rocks!! ;)

Harju.
Jul 11th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Oh wow. I took back my words about Romana. I'm definately very surprised and obviously pleasant with the result.

Congrats Indonesia :worship:

andre_janis
Jul 11th, 2005, 10:32 PM
the coverage in Puerto Rico is very poor.. even i cant find any news about it in google.. :s :o

yeah Indonesia rocks!! ;)

www.endi.com (http://)

click Deportes (Sports).

Adiós al sueño mundialista

Lunes, 11 de julio de 2005
Por Fernando Ribas Reyes
End.fribas@elnuevodia.com

SALINAS - Sol extenuante, 104 grados de temperatura a nivel de cancha y errores no forzados, acabaron con el juego de Kristina Brandi en el primer sencillo de ayer de este 'playoff' de Copa Fed.
Brandi cayó 6-4 y 6-2 contra Wynne Prakusya, quien lució fresca al punto de que corrió luego del partido, y se ayudó realizando un juego limpio. Esto le dio ventaja al equipo de Indonesia 2-1 en la serie, ya que el único partido que había ganado Puerto Rico fue el primero del sábado a manos de Brandi.

“Fue una sorpresa para mí porque sé que es una jugadora que no comete muchos errores. Sé también que tenía mucha presión. Lo que hice fue hacerla jugar y no cometer muchos errores”, dijo Prakusya, quien ganó ambos sencillos del 'playoff'. El sábado derrotó en dos sets a la segunda raqueta boricua Vilmarie Castellví.

Tiros largos y abiertos marcaron el partido de Brandi, quien falló por mucho la línea de fondo y las laterales y nunca pudo encontrarle las medidas a la cancha del Albergue Olímpico.

Luego del partido, Brandi dijo que se sentía mal desde la mañana de ayer. Detalló que tenía calambres estomacales, provocados probablemente por el calor cuando jugó a más de 100 grados de temperatura. Agregó que tomó un medicamento antes del encuentro.

“Estoy defraudada porque sucedió en este momento. Sé que todo el mundo estaba contando conmigo”, sostuvo luego en conferencia de prensa.

En el juego, Brandi cayó atrás rápidamente contra Prakusya, quien le rompió el segundo servicio para el 2-1. En ese juego, Brandi cometió tres errores no forzados. En el set anterior cometió otros cuatro errores no forzados.

Una vez perdió la ventaja, Prakusya se despegó rápido. En 5-2, las oportunidades de Brandi parecían imposibles. Pero batalló hasta un 4-5, logrando disminuir los errores.

“Me decía 'vamos, que puedes salir de esto', y me sentí mejor, pero ya mi juego iba hacia abajo. Al final me caí completamente”, aceptó Brandi.

Prakusya le cortó el vuelo.

“Estaba perdiendo la concentración y ella (Brandi) estaba haciendo tremendos tiros. Lo que me dije es que tenía que mantenerme positiva”, dijo Prakusya.

La situación continuó en el segundo set. Prakusya le rompió el primer servicio a Brandi y se fue hasta tener ventaja de 4-0, totalmente inalcanzable para una Brandi que no tenía aire.
En los descansos, Brandi lucía desgastada.

Buscó una toalla mojada y se la colocó en la nuca. De cerca tenía al fisiatra William Micheo.

Brandi había dicho anteayer que el calor fue factor en su primer juego.

Luego de ganar el séptimo juego del segundo set, con el que se acercó 2-5, Brandi cogió un tiempo médico y se fue al camerino durante cinco minutos.

Fue atendida por Micheo con síntomas de deshidratación.

Al regreso, lo más que pudo lograr Brandi fue un 'deuce' antes de perder.

Puerto Rico cayó 1-2 en el 'playoff' con la derrota de Brandi. Luego quedaba por jugar un juego sencillo y uno de dobles.

andre_janis
Jul 11th, 2005, 10:42 PM
It took me two hours to have the article translated :lol:

Goodbye World Group Dream

SALINAS - Devastating sun, 104 degrees of temperature at court surface and unforced errors, ended the game of Kristina Brandi in the first single match of the Fed Cup playoff yesterday.

Brandi fell 4-6 and 2-6 against Wynne Prakusya, who appeared fresh with the point that ran fast in the match, and helped her making a fair play. This gave an advantage to the Indonesian team 2-1 in total, because Puerto Rico had only won the first party of the Saturday match by the hands of Brandi.

“It is a surprise to me because she is a player who does not commit many errors. She also had so much pressure. What I did was to play and not commit many errors”, said Prakusya, who won all single parties of the playoff. In Saturday she won in two sets against the second player Vilmarie Castellví.

Long and opened shots marked the party of Brandi, who stayed at the base line and the side ones and she could never come up with the measures of the court of Albergue Olímpico.

Soon after the match, Brandi said that she felt bad from yesterday morning. To give the detail she had stomach cramps, probably caused by the heat when played under 100 degrees of temperature. That’s why she took a medicine before the encounter.

“Still disappointed because it happen at this moment. It beacuse everybody was counting on me”, she explained earlier in the press conference.

In the game, Brandi fell in speed behind Prakusya, who broke the second service for 2-1. In that game, Brandi commmitted three unforced errors. In the previous set committed four other unforced errors.

Once she took the advantage, Prakusya flew rapidly. In 5-2, the opportunities of Brandi seemed impossible. But she battled until a 4-5, managing to diminish the errors.

“I said 'come on, you can leave this, and I felt better, but my game already went downwards. In the end I fell completely”, accepted Brandi.

Prakusya shorten her flight.

“I was losing concentration and she (Brandi) was making tremendous shots. What I said is that I have to stay positive”, Prakusya said.
The situation continued in the second set. Prakusya broke the first service of Brandi and went through until having advantage of 4-0, totally unattainable one for Brandi who could not take a breath.
In the rests, Brandi was worn out.

Took a wet towel and put it in the neck. Closely held the phycician William Micheo.

Brandi had said the day before yesterday that the heat was the factor in her first game.

After gaining the seventh game of the second set, to bring to 2-5, Brandi took a medical time and went to the dressing room for five minutes.

She was taken care of by Micheo for a symptomp of dehidration.
When returned, the most Brandi could obtain was a deuce before losing.

Puerto Rico was down 1-2 in the playoff by the defeat of Brandi. Afterwards there were a single match and one doubles to play.

Buitenzorg
Jul 11th, 2005, 11:18 PM
tar for the article andre :)

Indoensia :bounce:

pcrtennis
Jul 12th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Only Japan, Thailand and Indonesia retained in WG II...China is "new kids on the block" in WG II...China was the winner in Asia Oceania Group I!

China is definitely the strongest team among these 4 Asian nations...Even Japan with Ai Sugiyama and Shinobu Asagoe, I bet big time that China could defeat Japan...Ai-chan has to be realistic with her age...she loses her speed, IMO...Shino-chan is inconsistent...But I know that Morigami is the one to watch...she gets better um sure...

congrats to Asian attackers!!!:bounce:

I really don't know how a Chinese team would defeat a fully charged Japanese team with Ai (who's age isn't a factor at all, she's just had an injury this year), Shinobu (Who is not at all inconsistent anymore), Akiko (who plays unbelievably well in Fed Cup), and either Rika (A great doubles player), Saori, AIko or a host of others. I think japan has the strongest potential team, that is if all their top players play.

GO ASIA!

köj-è
Jul 12th, 2005, 12:12 PM
poor Brandi.. i think she would blame the organizer that have picked those courts.. :o

charmedRic
Jul 14th, 2005, 01:33 PM
:(

Illumination
Aug 1st, 2005, 09:50 AM
Indonesia's ability to boost player's confidence is very poor n lack of sponsors... >.< thats why wynne can't play in numerous even... n wynne loves high ball >.<