PDA

View Full Version : Mary, Lindsay, Monica

MaryPierceFan
Jun 29th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I think they are very similar players. Great champions with so many successes. And all of them don't move too well. All have/had injuries. What do You think it's similar and different in their styles? And why, even though they play similar, Lindsay and Monica have more winning tournamnts(about 50)? A mentality?

NicoMary
Jun 29th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Davenport And Seles have been really really dominant at their time (linsday still is)...and Mary has never...

even when she was in top shape 1997 1998 1999 2000 she wasn't that dominant...she is an extrordinary player...but she wasn't and is not consistent enough to Dominate the field.... In 1999 she was at the level of lindsay, Martina, Vénus and serena...but she had and still have...down matches with no motivations....

That is the only diférence, Mary was not consistent enough

anyway Mary is not of the biggest phenomenon of tennis...she is a great champion, a great woman...SHE IS JUST THE BEST:worship:

ashwu
Jun 29th, 2005, 02:26 PM
mary is not that consistent. she's too emotional, even on court. she's also thinking too much sometimes. mary's game is not all about winning. a fun game is more important for her. i like that. mary is special, i adore her style. but no, she's not a natural no.1 like monica.
but i love her anyway. i love her at first sight...:kiss:

morbidangle
Jun 29th, 2005, 03:10 PM
And Lets not forget Mary's troubled past. I remember from late 95 to mid 99, everybody was questioning Mary's committment to the sport. Mary didnt play that many tournaments.. Mary is the sort of player who needs a lot of matches to get in the groove, but she wasnt as committed as she is these days. I remember Mary saying how Roberto Alomar made her realize that she wasnt pushing enough, and that she was content with being a top player who was capable of beating all other top players, he asked her to play more events to get her ranking up and to build more muscle in order to challenge for the top spot. But you have to realize how much struggle Mary has had in her life.. so I completely understand her decision to enjoy life away from the court. She went through what most 20 year olds experience... a struggle to find who they are and what they can do! And the injuries sure didnt help either. 99 is the only year I remember where Mary did not have a serious injury.

Mark Spruce
Jun 29th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Yes Love at first site Ash for sure with Mary.

I do not know what I like about Mary, Mary just has somthing special about her but I can't quite put my finger on it or describe it.

Mark

cakiteror
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:52 AM
yes,i must agree!
i love that girl!
the way she walks,hits the ball-so ellegant!
i love her cause she is the only LADY on tour!

aimee20
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:03 AM
totally agree with you all :bounce:

Ambrosia
Jul 1st, 2005, 01:50 PM
I think they are very similar players. Great champions with so many successes. And all of them don't move too well. All have/had injuries. What do You think it's similar and different in their styles? And why, even though they play similar, Lindsay and Monica have more winning tournamnts(about 50)? A mentality?

Lindsay and Monica are just mentally tougher than Mary which is why they are much more successful.

saby
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:58 PM
Lindsay and Monica are just mentally tougher than Mary which is why they are much more successful.

I think you are right, but I don't want Mary to be like Lindsay and Monica.

I really like both of them but Mary has something they don't have, EMOTIONS... when you watch Mary you can feel everything she goes through, sadness, joy, pain, I never see a player like that, even if she's not winning all the time, she's not the number one at the WTA, she is MARY PIERCE and we all like her for that

cakiteror
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:47 PM
You Are So Right Saby!
That Is Why We Love Her,cause She Doesnt Act Like A Machine!!!

manu32
Jul 1st, 2005, 06:57 PM
i agree for lindsay and mary.....but seles???? sorry.....i see a lot of differences and no similarities......

Mark Spruce
Jul 1st, 2005, 07:43 PM
Hi Saby,

YOu have a great way to explain things !!!!!!!!

I would have said the same as you, but I can't think and express what I want too so easily LOL

She is Number on in Hearts for sure.

Yeah Mary shows her emotions, and so do her fans. We can feel Mary a little. She is real and does not hide how she feels.

regards

mark

I think you are right, but I don't want Mary to be like Lindsay and Monica.

I really like both of them but Mary has something they don't have, EMOTIONS... when you watch Mary you can feel everything she goes through, sadness, joy, pain, I never see a player like that, even if she's not winning all the time, she's not the number one at the WTA, she is MARY PIERCE and we all like her for that