PDA

View Full Version : "Pierce Let Down By Not Warming Up Properly" -Bollettieri

Declan
Jun 29th, 2005, 10:49 AM
In Nick Bollettieri's column in the "Independent" newspaper, he says that yesterday's match only came alive in the second set, and that's why Venus won. "The first set was handed to her far too easily....The reason for the slow start is something that we, Mary's tean, need to address. In the French Open final, she just wasn't there at the start and before she realised, Justine Henin had the match sown up....What might cause it? Complacency? Absolutely not....She was up for this match. I belive that Mary needs some adjustments to her physical routine in the minutes just before she comes out to play. Perhaps a different warm up. Perhaps we'll get her to do a bit of work with the skipping rope, so she comes out on to the court sweating, not fresh. For some players, that bit of physical exertion before they play allows them to go out there already warm, loosened up, ready. You then don't waste a set getting into that condition......" He then reviews the match and concludes "The main reason Mary lost the match was that first set".

Mark Spruce
Jun 29th, 2005, 12:32 PM
That is very interesting and could be right.

Mark

ashwu
Jun 29th, 2005, 01:58 PM
he realized it too late...
the reason mary lost? i think mary said it well in her interview. she hesitated in some points. she didn't attack venus' first serves enough. i'm still very upset right now :(
hope mary could stay healthy and win the us open! goodluck mary! we all love you!

saby
Jun 29th, 2005, 03:24 PM
In her french interview Mary said,

I focused too much on this match I was too serious, exactly like I did for the RG final and I forgot the most important for me, to have fun on court, I realized it when one hour later I was on the court again for the double... I was happy

cakiteror
Jun 29th, 2005, 03:58 PM
as i said,she needs to have fun,as to win!
next time you have fun girl!

PamShriverRockz
Jun 29th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Interesting....

Anyone else think Mary needs to make the odd little adjustment, get a snippet of luck...and it could make ALL the difference!?

I saw her opening couple of matches at Wimby and she really is moving better- faster than I have seen her in years. She's hitting the ball so well.

Go Mary :)

Mark Spruce
Jun 29th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Yeah lets wish Mary better luck as well !!!!!!!!!!

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Its quite interesting...perhaps the most decisive factor in Mary while playing her matches, to me at least, is her FRAME OF MIND...I just thought maybe Mary was nervous especially in the 1st set against Venus especially since Venus have always done here at Wimbledon...

Oh well...maybe its a good idea for Mary to really loosen up while warming up....so that she will be focusing on HITTING THE BALL from the very 1st point instead of starting after losing the 1st set...

But its cool...Mary always has the weapons...sometime this year Mary will win BIG!!!!!:angel:

Well done Mary anyway....!!!!:bounce: