PDA

View Full Version : Mary lost 60 76 to Venus

NicoMary
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:09 PM
12 10 in the tie break:fiery:

Anyway great tournament for MAry:worship:

The Last Unicorn
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:15 PM
It's not over yet. she'll better win her mixed today!

MissTennisFan
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Yes it's unfortunate Mary lost this match but it definitely was a good run. Mary should be proud of playing so well in back-to-back Grand Slam tournaments. That is no mean feat...

Bravo, Mary -- t'es la meilleure! :wavey:

Oh yeah and best of luck for the mixed doubles now...

:bounce: Go Mary & Mahesh :bounce:

motta
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:21 PM
She played so well in the second set...She played unbelivible in the tie...better than Venus but in the end...Anyway congrets Mary!!!

BTW: Despite the fact that Mary lost 0/6 in first set she ha more winners than Venus in the match...

Mark Spruce
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Hello MissTennisFan,

I am so sad and gutted right now. I think that it was the tale of "The Two mary's" today, but she has to be very proud to get this far.

Wish I could give you a big hug and say well done.

eah go for it in the mixed. You still in Wimbledon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

ashwu
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:25 PM
if only mary could win the 2nd set...
mary has trouble finishing the lead :(
i know it's a great run for mary, but it's just so sad to watch mary losing her golden opportunity :sad:

anyway, hope she could regroup quickly and win the mix-doubles

we love you mary :kiss:

pierce_fanatic
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:32 PM
oooh i wish we could forget about the first set and play another set in its place.

ooooh that second set should have been hers, had it not been for the forehand that she didnt let bounce and went long, she had the whole court. but no use whinging now its all over.

but i'm very proud of mary for making it so far. does anyone know whats going on with her right shoulder, it seemed to give her some trouble today :confused:

good luck for the mixed doubles mary ! :worship:

aimee20
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:32 PM
anyone know what her ranking will be after this? she has no point to defend last year
which should be very good for her :sad:

cakiteror
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:49 PM
i dont know why,but i am not that sad!
mary was fantastic these days,she showed that her place is in the 10 best!
GIRL NEXT YEAR YOULL GOING TO WIN IT!

Mark Spruce
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Mary's ranking not to sure, as Venus will go above her i think. But I am not to sure how it is all worked out.

I leave it to a brainy person to tell ue jsjsjsj

WE ALL LOVE YOU MARY

Mark

saby
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:56 PM
As I said in another thread French journalist said she should be ranked around 10th or 11th

It was a great run, I'm so proud of her

ALLEZ MARY

Rendez-vous for the fed cup
I will be there Mary!!!

rsunderji
Jun 28th, 2005, 05:05 PM
oh what a lost opportunity but still Mary had a good tournament, this will do good for her rankings...I hope the fact that she faught back after the 6-0 set will give her confidence in future matches. Good luck in the mixed doubles Mary, you're still great!

NicoMary
Jun 28th, 2005, 05:29 PM

It strange..but i do feel the same....i wasn't scared after teh 60 I knew that MAry would come back and she did it...i have to say that I thought taht she will win in three..i was sure that she would win this tie break........

But she lost it:sad:, fighting like a lion:eek: against a great Vénus back to the top...

i know that Mary would have been in Final...and that she miss this great oaccasion to...

but MAry is so strong...she is playin great tennis...i'm pretty sure that she is proud of what she have done

She has such a great carrer right NOW

I Knew she would come back to the top...i said to my dad ..who was sayin that Mary vas over...i said to him taht mary will be back in the top 10 and make a grand slam final....I swear i said that....AND MARY DID IT

I LOVE HER
REALLy:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Mark Spruce
Jun 28th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Hi saby,

Thank you again.

Mark

PROUD OF YOU MARY

AK-DH Fan
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:08 PM
It's a shame she missed those forehands during those first set points, but a good tourny for her. Good effort considering how the RG Final went:)

Good Job Mary !!!!!!!!!:)

Mark Spruce
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Just putting pics up on my site. And in one photo Mary was walking off behind venus, with a pen in her hand ready to sing auto's. Class again for Mary to sing even though she lost. Also at the end she played to the crowd and they realyl did appriciate it. They smiled and clapped.

Mary you pure class winning or defeated.

Mark

cakiteror
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Our Mary,she Is World Class!
We All Know She Has Achieved So Much!
I Am Proud Of Her,there Is Time To Win Titles As Long She Is
Healthy!
So,mary,that Is All I Wish,be Healthy And Enjoy The Game!!!!

morbidangle
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:51 PM
:sad: MARY!

Declan
Jun 28th, 2005, 08:09 PM

That's how I feel too! Not sad at all -just very pleased Mary beat some top notch competition to reach her second career Quarter-Fianl at Wimbledon, and proud that she put up such a fight today. I do feel that if Mary had managed to win one of her second-set set points she may well have run through the final set 6-1 or something, as often happens in that score scenario..but we'll never know. Knowing Mary she will not be downhearted, and will take the positives from her magnificent play this month, at Roland Garros and here at Wimbledon, and she is now on the fringes of the Top Ten, with barely anything to defend for the rest of the year...

Wouldn't it be GREAT if Mary could WIN the Mixed Doubles?!?!?!

katiektc
Jun 28th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Another great tourny for Mary! Havn't seen her in such good shape in years, it's so good to see her having a great year!

Go Mary!

MaryPierceFan
Jun 28th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I'm also very happy of the whole tournament :) . The today's match was great. Wonderful 2nd set and the amazing tiebreak. Mary played great is the 2nd set :kiss: . What a pity she didn't win it. But Venus played so well :worship: . We all know that she is a great player but to be honest I didn't expect she played so wonderful. I thought and hoped she did many more errors. I'm a bit surprised she played so great. And it's beautiful that Mary was able to play so close set against her. Venus said that the match could be a final! I'm very proud of Mary :hearts: . She played wonderful today and in the whole tournament. She is great! Go girl! You can do it!

Mark Spruce
Jun 28th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Hi Declan,

Yes I am very pleased. Well I am not going to dwell on the match. I an now focused on the Mixed. Which was prosponed because of the rain I think. I was so proud with how Mary fought back.

Mary did so well on maybe her least favourtie surface.

Mark

Scotso
Jun 28th, 2005, 11:47 PM
If she could have only won those set points, I know she would have won the match :sad:

but oh well. :(

still love ya, Mary!

DomenicDemaria
Jun 29th, 2005, 02:28 AM
I watched the match and Venus just played unbelievably. The second set was the best tennis I've seen for the whole tournament! Mary really did nothing wrong in the tiebreak, Venus got everything back with so much depth. Mary moved really well but on the day Venus was just to good. Venus got 84% of her first serve in compared to Mary's 59%. Mary also served five doubles and this was because Venus really attacked her second serve. I'm really sad that Mary lost but really happy because she did so well on her least favourite surface and she played so well and was beaten by a better player on the day.

DomenicDemaria
Jun 29th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Mary's ranking not to sure, as Venus will go above her i think. But I am not to sure how it is all worked out.

I leave it to a brainy person to tell ue jsjsjsj

WE ALL LOVE YOU MARY

Mark

Mary has made 250 points this week, so she will be ranked higher than Kim. Bringing Mary's total to 2110. Venus has made 416 points so far, so win or lose she will be ranked higher than Mary. Venus will move to 2146. So Mary should move to 13 next week. Mary only has about 200 points to defend til the US Open. So hopefully she can do well on the US hard hard season

Andy.
Jun 29th, 2005, 03:42 AM
Im a bit dissapointed that Mary could not take one of the set points but i watched the match and that second set was absoloutly spectacular from both girls Mary should be very proud she played it like a Champion.

NicoMary
Jun 29th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Yesterday i was ok...just proud of mary....today i'm a bit sad..:sad:

mary did play so well in that second set...

a french newspaper says that "this second set was by far the best set of this year wimbly" :eek::worship:everybody was so impress:hearts:

Even Venus said after the match that "the second set was like a final":worship:

...i'm really proud of Mary but i do know that she would have won the match winnig the second set

Congratulations...

i read that MAry will be 11th on monday:bounce:

saby
Jun 29th, 2005, 05:17 PM
http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon2005/default.asp?page=4 (http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon2005/default.asp?page=4)#

Jackaboo
Jun 29th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Yesterday i was ok...just proud of mary....today i'm a bit sad..:sad:

For me it's the opposite, I was sad when I learned Mary had lost, but then I went home and I watched the second set and I have to say that I thought Mary played unbelievably well and I am so happy to finally see her play like this.

It's going to be an exciting summer!

mamno_MARYFAN
Jun 30th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Oh...its a pity Mary lost...after all those set points...:sad:

But never mind...at least Mary fought so well in the 2nd set...I'm glad to know that Mary had played one of her best sets on her least favourite surface...(which happens to be on my favourite tournament as a fan...Wimbledon....but...urgh...NEVER MIND!!!!)...:angel:

I hope Mary will continue to take all the positive vibes from this match....MARY IS STILL A COMPETITOR!!!!:bounce:

WELL DONE MARY!!!!!!!:bounce: