PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva Is Still The Best

HELEBECKS
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I'm Very Sure All The Dementieva Fans Like Me Who Watched The Match Were 100% Sure At The Beginning That She Would Win.i Really Thot She Had Already Won But To My Dimay My Hopes Of Her Reaching Her First Wimbledon Quarter Final Was Dashed.i Had To Cry,i Feel So Sorry For Her And I Hope To See Her At Her Best And Stronger Than Ever In The Us Open.

Dementieva-fan
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Yes True!!!! ELENA YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!!!

Dementinator
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:12 PM
yes she is and we will all support her!

Ronaldo777
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:15 PM
yeah she is working hard on serve etc.cant blame her for lack of effort.4th round is great.compared to 1st round last year the s.s. has gained good points on our quest to no1.and only 3 DFS!!!!lena is starting to break into her undoubted potential

Shoulderpova
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Of course :) :hatoff:
Moreover losing to a compatriot is something that can be easier accepted. I love both Nastya and Lena.
It's pity that they had to meed pretty early :sad: :sad:

Mathijs
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:47 PM
course she's still the best, and will be in the following 1000000000000000000 years ;)

evinrude15
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss ssssss
Elena You're The Best!!!!!!

;)

Dementinator
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:55 PM
indeed

miffedmax
Jun 27th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I'm beginning to wonder who is the bigger masochist, me or Lena D.

But yes, we'll always back her, no matter what. I sometimes wish she believed in herself as much as we believe in her.

Dementinator
Jun 27th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Well max join the club ,but looking at the replay of lenas match ,we need not be too hard this defeat is nothing like RG ,RG she was a contender ,on grass she is not YET!! she also lost to a top 10 player and a GS holder who was palying superbly ,Lena held her own well here ,she actually was the better player realy ,she just needs to step up and take points ,but nastya is good at stopping that! so no disater today ,and watching lenas serving ,ITS MUCH BETTER! Christ !! 3 sets 3 DFS!!! and 108mph serves ,shes a work in progress!! and letsstick by her ALWAYS ,think what the gunboat myskinas fans have been thru!!!

Pilongo
Jun 27th, 2005, 09:00 PM
She's the best and shes a long way far from the others
I love her, so just :bounce: , hear mrs. aguilera's "fighter" and get ready for next

Paco
Jun 27th, 2005, 09:11 PM
I'm beginning to wonder who is the bigger masochist, me or Lena D.
:lol:

strato
Jun 27th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Sorry to interfere among your optimistic comments but ... after each GS defeat, we all say : "her time will come", "she's in progress", etc... All I can see is that she still hasn't won a GS and she is no longer that young. My hopes to witness her as a GS champion become smaller and smaller !
Now that you've read my words, you can resume your joyful comments ! Have a nice day !!

evinrude15
Jun 27th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Strato , Mauresmo is not young too...and Davenport...n°1 with ** old ;) Never say the age of a lady

smarties
Jun 27th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Sorry to interfere among your optimistic comments but ... after each GS defeat, we all say : "her time will come", "she's in progress", etc... All I can see is that she still hasn't won a GS and she is no longer that young. My hopes to witness her as a GS champion become smaller and smaller !
Now that you've read my words, you can resume your joyful comments ! Have a nice day !!

Take a chill pill :p she's only 23!!!

Prizeidiot
Jun 28th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Of course she's still the best...

Unfortunately, the other players on tour are yet to realise this and let her win a slam!

miffedmax
Jun 28th, 2005, 07:34 PM
I suppose it's just crass to point out that she's also the hottest, isn't it?

miffedmax
Jun 28th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Of course she's still the best...

Unfortunately, the other players on tour are yet to realise this and let her win a slam!

I think the problem is that Elena doesn't know she's the best . . .

strato
Jun 28th, 2005, 08:23 PM
I'm upset by the fact that people (except us of course!) are blind and don't see that Lena is a champion. I think that when she wins a GS she will be more popular and get more respect. I know that you're going to reply that you don't care about people's opinion on Elena, but I wish she was considered as she deserves...

miffedmax
Jun 28th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I'm upset by the fact that people (except us of course!) are blind and don't see that Lena is a champion. I think that when she wins a GS she will be more popular and get more respect. I know that you're going to reply that you don't care about people's opinion on Elena, but I wish she was considered as she deserves...

I agree up to a point. Rightly or wrongly, athletes are measured by their victories. In tennis, GS titles are the coin of the realm. They are what measure a year or a career. No matter how many years Lena spends in the Top 10, she will not be considered among the elite of her generation until she wins one, preferably more.

In fact, I think it is something of an exception that Lena has as big and dedicated a following as she does, given that she's only played in two GS finals, studiously avoids the limelight and has such glaring weaknesses in her game. (I have yet to figure out why I like her so much--trust me, it's been years since I followed a WTA player like I do her--and it's not just that she's attractive. She has something special, as we all know).

Here is where I disagree with Strato (respectfully, of course). I think this is one of the most competitive eras in women's tennis, with a dozen women or more having a legit shot at every Grand Slam title. I think winning one would probably earn her a few endorsements, but I don't see a bunch of other fans jumping on a Lena bandwagon.

I personally think Lena is undervalued and under-respected by many. She has been a Top 20 player since 2000 and ranks with Kournikova as one of the great trailblazers in the game for Russian women. She deserves a GS title and I hope she gets one before she retires. But I have a sense it will be late in her career when she finally does.

evinrude15
Jun 28th, 2005, 11:40 PM

Yes i wanted the same that you. I really wanted that people and journalist give her the considered that she deserves. Because I think thta she had not enought....well also because I never enought of Elena :p

TennisNick
Jun 29th, 2005, 01:28 AM
I'm upset by the fact that people (except us of course!) are blind and don't see that Lena is a champion. I think that when she wins a GS she will be more popular and get more respect. I know that you're going to reply that you don't care about people's opinion on Elena, but I wish she was considered as she deserves....

I agree Lena does not get much respect from the US journalists - then again, players who are not American get no respect unless they win tons of majors (Graf) or are media darlings for whatever reason (Sharapova). It won't really change even if she wins a major - witness Kuznetsova and Myskina, neither gets any respect here even after winning majors and the only time you will see them get coverage is if the networks have no choice. Sadly, that's the way it is. I would assume with Russian journalists and networks, Lena gets her share of respect and coverage. Not sure how it is in Europe and other places.

I think it really depends on what people respect or like in a tennis player. Most people seem to like the movie star personalities of someone like Serena or Maria - that is not what Lena is about, so I don't think she will ever gain a huge following. But I doubt that's what she wants anyway.

I'm happy to see her make the round of 16 on her worst surface, and look forward to seeing her during the US Open. And if I am one of 50 people on an outside court watching her cause most tennis fans don't appreciate her or care, that's perfectly fine by me. :)

Dementinator
Jun 29th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Well one of the reasons I love Lena is BECAUSE of her total lack of interest in the Media and Hollywood glamour ,if that happened to her she would not like it and Probably wish to retire ,she should get more respect ,she is an elite player and I have said it before and will say it again give the other top tenners Lenas serve and they would dissapear ,shes the only player I can think of that can get away with it ,her tennis is superb ,the best in the game at times.

Like MAx I have never followed and cared so much about a player before and its hard to quantify why ,yes of course shes beautiful etc,that helps but it is not the reason ,its her attitude and character.

One point is Lena has rather a lot of popularity actually ,witness the packed to the gunwhales court 3 where she was playing next to the empty court 2 where momo was playing.

Commentators are now saying how they are sure she will get a serve and win big ,in fact they are certain that with good serve shes will be number one for some time ,so a lot out there know shes got the potential to be a champion in many events .

Lenas happy to zip a long under the Radar ,but shes very well respected and recognised where it matters to her ,at home in Russia ,shes the star alright there!

jacky90104
Jun 29th, 2005, 11:53 AM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Chunchun
Jun 29th, 2005, 01:51 PM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
:shrug:

lovlenad
Jun 29th, 2005, 02:07 PM
:shrug:
she/he is a MYSKINA fan. :o

在一些中文论坛,他/她都经常去Lena专区捣乱的。 :mad: :fiery:

_LuCaS_
Jun 29th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Well max join the club ,but looking at the replay of lenas match ,we need not be too hard this defeat is nothing like RG ,RG she was a contender ,on grass she is not YET!! she also lost to a top 10 player and a GS holder who was palying superbly ,Lena held her own well here ,she actually was the better player realy ,she just needs to step up and take points ,but nastya is good at stopping that! so no disater today ,and watching lenas serving ,ITS MUCH BETTER! Christ !! 3 sets 3 DFS!!! and 108mph serves ,shes a work in progress!! and letsstick by her ALWAYS ,think what the gunboat myskinas fans have been thru!!!
We're used to it, trust me :(
Let Anastasia be Lena's only nemesis with all the tourneys out there.
Momo, Serena own Nastya, I'm used to it, but still she won 9 tourneys ;)