PDA

View Full Version : For how long are some people going to mention Serena's AO title ...

GoDominique
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:03 PM
... as if it happened last week?

Five months can be a pretty long time in tennis terms.

hablo
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:07 PM
well, she won it this year!!!

so it's normal for people to keep mentioning it ;) :lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:11 PM
I'll keep mentioning it as long as I want to.

AjdeNate!
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Until something better comes along ;)

Paneru
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:14 PM

As long as people go on
about Sharapova's Wimbledon win I suppose!

Always so damned concerned about
anything and everything Williams.

You are their biggest fan! :worship:

davidmario
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:17 PM

Until Dominique Monami wins a Grand Slam :lol:

SJW
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:24 PM
well. she won the second last slam she entered.

that's still pretty big. :shrug:

No Name Face
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:25 PM
As long as people keep mentioning Sharapova winning Wimbledon.

Pengwin
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:26 PM
For how long are some people going to mention Dominique Monami's AO title...?

Oh yeah that's right, NEVER :haha:

Dave B
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I know! I am also sick of talking about this one girl...Martina Navratilova I think...I mean she used to be alrite I guess but she really sucks now and people always talk about her wins which were forever ago!

:wavey:

Infiniti2001
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Ya'll better watch your backs. The thread :retard: ehh starter enjoys badrepping :o Meanwhile, Serena won OZ in January 2005-- the last time I checked we were still in that year :rolleyes:

Pengwin
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I know! I am also sick of talking about this one girl...Martina Navratilova I think...I mean she used to be alrite I guess but she really sucks now and people always talk about her wins which were forever ago!

:wavey:

Erm she won yesterday and oh wait two days before that too... :wavey:

icequeen
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:30 PM
When they stop mentioning maria's that happened a year ago. Serena's was only 5 months ago. So you tell us when there's an appropriate time to stop.

GoDominique
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:33 PM
The point is that a lot of people are acting as if Serena is going to be fine because she has "just" won a Grand Slam.
She is a different player now, and that's obvious.

Diesel
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:37 PM
The point is that a lot of people are acting as if Serena is going to be fine because she has "just" won a Grand Slam.

If you are trying to discount her AO title and its significance by saying she was a different player then as she is now, by your logic, Serena's play in Wimbledon isn't indicative of what could happen in the next few tournaments and the US Open because she'll probably be a different player then - probably on the rise. That Serena, always got people thinking and never knowing what's in store :lol:

hablo
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:39 PM
If you are trying to discount her AO title and its significance by saying she was a different player then as she is now, by your logic, Serena's play in Wimbledon isn't indicative of what could happen in the next few tournaments and the US Open because she'll probably be a different player then - probably on the rise. That Serena, always got people thinking and never knowing what's in store :lol:

:worship: :devil:

RenaSlam.
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Because it happened THIS year.

Until next year's AO, I'm gonna savor it. :)

Evelyn Tremble
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:23 PM
It will be Serena’s last ever win at a major!

Kart
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:25 PM

She is injured though and she did come back from prolonged injury to win the OZ open title this year.

I think the mention is fairly relevant.

manu32
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:33 PM
when wimby will finish don't talk about henin please.....thanks

RVD
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:38 PM

Five months can be a pretty long time in tennis terms.For as long as you remain a LOOOOOO-SER. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/kickbut.gif
Damn! My foot almost got stuck. :tape: :lol:

Gallofa
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Oh, I don't know, GoDominique. I still mention Conchita's Wimbledon all the time, and it has been 11 years :p

Soooo.

;)

Dawn Marie
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:15 PM
GoDominque, you look like a damn fool gurl.

You've been taking crap about Venus and Serena since 1998, they have won 11 grandslams between them both not to mention their doubles grandslam trophies on their mantel. You LOST they won now get ova it.

P.S. Dominque never won a slam and was never as good as Venus and Serena Williams. She could have been a contenda' but her mental headset was not at 100%.

I will mention this for as long as this board is on the internet.

Dominque NEVER won a slam and ws never as good as V@S!

mboyle
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:45 PM

TOUCHE! OWNED!

Knizzle
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:48 PM

:tape: We won't be seeing anymore of GoDom in this thread.

Darop.
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Erm she won yesterday and oh wait two days before that too... :wavey:

That's doubles, and no one cares about doubles. :wavey:

starr
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:49 PM

My guess is people will talk about the AO title until she wins another GS title. :)

Darop.
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:51 PM

You've been taking crap about Venus and Serena since 1998, they have won 11 grandslams between them both not to mention their doubles grandslam trophies on their mantel. You LOST they won now get ova it.

P.S. Dominque never won a slam and was never as good as Venus and Serena Williams. She could have been a contenda' but her mental headset was not at 100%.

What's with the gangsta language? :haha:

and I dont think GoDom cares that Dominique never won a grand slam, some people including me even cheer for players ranked #600.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Until something better comes along ;)

Comment of the day lol

Serena isn't one of the most consisten players on tour so when she wins a major people think oh she's on track but then "slumps".

SelesFan70
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:57 PM
I think it's a worthy mention at least until next year's Australian Open. It was quite a feat for Serena to win. :) Besides, her name will be on the trophy for decades to come.

UDiTY
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:04 AM
:rolleyes:

She IS the Australian Open Champion, until she next AO she will be(unless she wins again.)

Maria is WIMBLEDON CHAMPION, that's worse. GoDominique has been bitter as of late.

Stamp Paid
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:14 AM
lol, until four weeks ago it was the most recent slam played. :cuckoo:

yet you have been complaining about Serena's AO title being mentioned since I'd say, March. So this thread was far from unexpected.

Evelyn Tremble
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:17 AM
What's with the gangsta language? :haha:

and I dont think GoDom cares that Dominique never won a grand slam, some people including me even cheer for players ranked #600.

LOL She passed the projects on her way to the Internet café!

Dawn Marie
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:57 AM
DADYO- my my my the only thing that sounds gangsta is that username of yours. Tool.

"Contenda'" is from a famous line by Marlon Brando. "Contenda'" is short for "contender".
"OVA" is short for OVER with a play on all the OVA's in the tennis game. Example: KornikOVA.

GURL:spelled GIRL is not gangsta.

Here is GANGSTA:

For how long are some people going to mention Serena's AO title ...

P.S. Dominque has NEVER won a grandslam and will NEVER be as good as V@S!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:03 AM

You cannot be serious, can you? Serena needs match play and practice and to rest her ankle. Thats it.

Did you really think a player who had not played a match in weeks was going to come in and win a slam when the french open winner of two weeks ago went out in round one?

Please.

volta
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:05 AM
as long as stupid and brainless ones try to hide it ^^

AkademiQ
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:06 AM
:haha:

Julia1968
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:43 AM

One thing is for sure. It won't happen again for a very long while, if ever.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:44 AM
DADYO- my my my the only thing that sounds gangsta is that username of yours. Tool.

"Contenda'" is from a famous line by Marlon Brando. "Contenda'" is short for "contender".
"OVA" is short for OVER with a play on all the OVA's in the tennis game. Example: KornikOVA.

GURL:spelled GIRL is not gangsta.

Here is GANGSTA:

For how long are some people going to mention Serena's AO title ...

P.S. Dominque has NEVER won a grandslam and will NEVER be as good as V@S!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:45 AM

I guess the same goes for your beloved JHH.

RenaSlam.
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:48 AM

So what you're saying is we should discredit Enna as well?

After all she lost 2 rounds before Serena did. :hearts:

ceiling_fan
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:09 AM
I don't know, but I don't care either... she is the current title holder... for how long have people mentioned Sharapova's wimbledon title? It will probably not be spoken of much unless they both defend their titles.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Yes, you sound like the people who said she would never win a slam. In fact, were'nt you one of those people? Your track record in these matters is spotty.

Hots4Safin
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:19 AM
I don't know WHAT you're bitching about. Serena's AO triumph is already the LAST thing anyone in tennis talks about anyway. I'm still hearing about how the darling Sharapova took out the TWO TIME CHAMP in the wimbledon final last year...and every time Lindsay's name comes up they have to spout on about how she's number one...maybe that's b/c the only slam final she was in since 2000 she was DEFEATED by SERENA. Christ even Svetlana Kuz Kuz gets more mention for her USO title than Serena gets for winning oz...and we all know who WOULD have had that USO title had a certain chair umpire not had her HEAD UP HER ASS that day. Stop bitchin. Sorry Serena came into Oz with little prep and still trounced the field. what are you gonna do? GIRL'S GOT TALENT.

switz
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:22 AM
does anyone notice how Dominque (Van Roost) Monami cops so much shit on this board purely because of a poster's username.

the logic seems to be: "your favourite player is not as good as mine and therefore everything i do or say is correct" :confused:

i think this thread is kind of unneccesary but i don't really see why Serena/Dominque/Henin need to be criticized when the thread is about posters here. well i do know actually: it's because some of you are immature tools :)

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 07:28 AM
For as long as you remain a LOOOOOO-SER. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/kickbut.gif
Damn! My foot almost got stuck. :tape: :lol:
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 07:30 AM

He says he's not a Dominique fan anymore, but we know what a pathetic liar and a troll he is. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 07:31 AM
:worship: :worship: :worship: Just Damn!!! :lol:

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 07:35 AM
The topic is not Justine getting to the finals or winning Wimbledon.

The Crow
Jun 27th, 2005, 07:42 AM
does anyone notice how Dominque (Van Roost) Monami cops so much shit on this board purely because of a poster's username.

the logic seems to be: "your favourite player is not as good as mine and therefore everything i do or say is correct" :confused:

i think this thread is kind of unneccesary but i don't really see why Serena/Dominque/Henin need to be criticized when the thread is about posters here. well i do know actually: it's because some of you are immature tools :)

:yeah: And people who say dominique never won a Grand Slam because she was a headcase, should really have paid attention :lol: :lol:

GoDominique
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:30 AM
:tape: We won't be seeing anymore of GoDom in this thread.
Wrong, dear. :)

The truth is that people refuse to accept that Serena's form has degenerated since then regarding level of play, fitness and mental attitude.
The AO title was in line with last year's RG quarterfinal, Wimbledon final, LA final, US Open quarterfinal (unlucky loss), Beijing title and Championship final. At least one good/great result every month.
Since Australia - ZERO.

Jeff
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:42 AM
I so love it how everyone writes Serena's future: No more slams, washed up, moved on, not focused. She always proves all the asses wrong, and her fans right.

The greatest fighting spirit in women's sports; a female who hates to lose more than any other female on earth; the only female athlete who can win majors/championships while coordinating fashion shows and making t.v./movie/Premiere appearances.

:kiss::kiss: Kisses to all the haters. And bows :worship: to the amazing Serena Williams.

switz
Jun 27th, 2005, 09:03 AM
:yeah: And people who say dominique never won a Grand Slam because she was a headcase, should really have paid attention :lol: :lol:

i know i didn't get that either. from my memory i would say neither had the game to win slams or was a headcase.

Szymanowski
Jun 27th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Umm, you need to realise she won a slam THIS YEAR which means that even when she's not been the favorite, she's still a real threat in the draw. She was badly behind in at least 2 matches, then came up with some mind blowing tennis we could never have expected. I mean, maybe she's lost the focus and is doing too much in the way of fashion, but you really can never count her out. People will keep quoting this win as long as it stays of interest. And right now, I think it is.

@m@nd@
Jun 27th, 2005, 09:30 AM
...until she wins another slam :) ...which will happen.

Kiswana
Jun 27th, 2005, 11:32 AM

Why does it matter that it was 5 months ago? When the year is over, Serena will be one of the 4 women remembered for her accomlishments in 2005.

Paneru
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Why does it matter that it was 5 months ago? When the year is over, Serena will be one of the 4 women remembered for her accomlishments in 2005.

He & Julia have an obsession/infatuation
with all things Williams!

Jealous and envy drives them so they
can even piss straight with having
a pic of V&S to focus on! :cool:

kiwifan
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:06 PM
She won a grand slam this year. :shrug:

Right now the only two players who have a damn thing to say are Serena (AO) and Henin (FO); everyone else still has work to do :devil:

If you can't handle that, that's your problem. :dance:

Sam L
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I'm still talking about Helen Wills-Moody's slams from the 20's & 30's. No one has complained to me about that yet.

Denise4925
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:32 PM
I'm still talking about Helen Wills-Moody's slams from the 20's & 30's. No one has complained to me about that yet.
:lol: