PDA

View Full Version : Jill Craybas: I Was Focusing On My Game, Not Serena

SelesFan70
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:56 PM
:worship: Chris Evert did this during the French Open in 1985 against Martina Navratilova. Chrissie refused to look at Martina who was known to be a tad dramatic on her end. That's really what you have to do if you opponent is outwardly emotional. I always turn my back on my opponent if he is cussing or tossing his racket or just being dramatic on the court. :)

She was on the American network NBC and said she was focusing on her game and didn't notice Serena was struggling. She also said she's "looking forward" to playing Venus. :eek:

Geisha
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:58 PM
I definitely agree. Just focus on your own game.

V-MAC
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:00 PM
well good for Jill but she must have noticed something was seriously wrong with her opponent when she failed to hold serve once in the first set :eek:

dylan24
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:01 PM
craybas didnt' do jack shit.
what did she have 2 winners in the first set?
serena gave her the match

cellophane
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:04 PM
In the few rallies I saw, Jill managed to outlast Serena and make her hit the extra ball... She was defending pretty well.

lizchris
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:08 PM

I agree with everything you said.

I highly doubt that Venus will give her those opportunities on Monday.

Evelyn Tremble
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Jill deserved to win. She was the better player on the day. No one handed her victory - Serena lost!

If Serena was supposedly injured - now I understand she currently has a weight problem - but IF she is also SUPPOSEDLY injured then she should not had played.

*hingis_forever*
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Oh come on, Craybas won and Serena lost. Craybas is playing tomorrow whereas Serena will be watching her conquerer play her sister. Get over it! :rolleyes:

icequeen
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:19 PM
This is really hilarious everyone is looking forward to playing a so call declining williams sister. Serena is so, so right when she said she makes people's career. Even Dani beating jhh didn't get all this press. This is the first time gill has every done a press conference on TV and it's only because she beat an injured Serena. I guess she will do Jay Leno upon her return to the states...I wonder what her endorsement deal is going to look like now.LMAO.

*hingis_forever*
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:21 PM
This is really hilarious everyone is looking forward to playing a so call declining williams sister. Serena is so, so right when she said she makes people's career. Even Dani beating jhh didn't get all this press. This is the first time gill has every done a press conference on TV and it's only because she beat an injured Serena. I guess she will do Jay Leno upon her return to the states...I wonder what her endorsement deal is going to look like now.LMAO.
Had Craybas of beaten any other top 10 player she would still been interviewed! She's American, that's why ESPN interviewed her!

icequeen
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Had Craybas of beaten any other top 10 player she would still been interviewed! She's American, that's why ESPN interviewed her!

No way, had she beaten Lindsay or anyone else there's no way she would have been interviewed.

starr
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:26 PM

She got the ball over the net, and she was the one who put the ball over the net the last time. So that may not be doing "jack shit" in your book, but if that's not doing jack shit, Serena must have done even less. :wavey:

V-MAC
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:29 PM

That is so true, Serena must feel good about that though that as you put it, she can "make people's careers" if she hands them a match. I hope Jill is making the most of her new-found celebrity status. I'm sure she is thinking about having ever-lasting legendary fame tomorrow if she can do the double by taking out Vee too :eek: Vee will have other plans though I'm sure ;)

starr
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:31 PM
No way, had she beaten Lindsay or anyone else there's no way she would have been interviewed.

That's your prefered mythology, but it doesn't fit reality. If Craybas had put any of the favorites out of the tournament, she would have been interviewed because she's an American player. Russell was interviewed simply because he nearly beat Guga at RG, and he was American.

harloo
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:31 PM
:worship: Chris Evert did this during the French Open in 1985 against Martina Navratilova. Chrissie refused to look at Martina who was known to be a tad dramatic on her end. That's really what you have to do if you opponent is outwardly emotional. I always turn my back on my opponent if he is cussing or tossing his racket or just being dramatic on the court. :)

She was on the American network NBC and said she was focusing on her game and didn't notice Serena was struggling. She also said she's "looking forward" to playing Venus. :eek:

Honestly was this even worthy of a thread all by itself? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Evelyn Tremble
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Iím surprised they interviewed Jill -seeing Serena is yesterdays news when it come to tennis.

Itís probable they wanted to know how she managed to defeat the player who said SHE COULD NOT LOSE!

hablo
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:33 PM
whatever. I think it's the sort of thing players says after they win :lol: ;) :p

harloo
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Iím surprised they interviewed Jill -seeing Serena is yesterdays news when it come to tennis.

Itís probable they wanted to know how she managed to defeat the player who said SHE COULD NOT LOSE!

Evidently she is still today's news in yours and others eyesight. That's why you continue to troll her everyday on this board.:tape: :lol:

franny
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:33 PM

Had she beaten anyone in the top 10 and made it to the fourth round she would have been interviewed. Starr is right, it's because she is American. I will however concede to you that Serena does pretty much make people's careers. Beating her is like the pinnacle of upsets because for so long she reigned at the top and it was seen as impossible to beat her. She, and her fans, should take extreme pride in that.

Darop.
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:37 PM

Who says you need to hit winners to win matches?

Anna Smashnova got into top 20 hitting like 20 winners in her whole career.

Strange Famous
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:47 PM
its definitely the right tactic to ignore your opponents historonics and not let it put you off.

As for this game, Serena was beaten fair and square... what her opponent did was to win more games... and thats what counts, whether you do it by hitting winners, or forcing errors from your opponent.

Kill identified the weaknesses in Serena's game, and used her strengths to exploit them... Serena lost because her weaknesses were capitalised on to a greater degree than she could use her own strengths. Venus will be a tough match for Jill, but she's beatable... she is right to go into the game with some confidence.

DevilishAttitude
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:53 PM
God you Williams fans are so touchy. And can't accept that Serena is one of the easiest top players to beat nowadays. :o

harloo
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:57 PM
God you Williams fans are so touchy. And can't accept that Serena is one of the easiest top players to beat nowadays. :o

You should not even post in any thread about a Williams, because you are simply a WILLIAMS TROLL!:tape: :lol:

La Reine
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Who says you need to hit winners to win matches?

Anna Smashnova got into top 20 hitting like 20 winners in her whole career.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

DevilishAttitude
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:12 PM
You should not even post in any thread about a Williams, because you are simply a WILLIAMS TROLL!:tape: :lol:

For the 686354903921th time.

I'm a Williams FANS troll. Get it :rolleyes: :o

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Whatever Jill, Venus will have you for lunch tomorrow and you know it. And does Jill forget that Venus was WATCHING the match so she'll have an idea of how to play her.