PDA

View Full Version : All Jill Craybas fans, please gather here...

marsha
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Aren't you so PROUD of the way Jll kept herself together playing against Serena? Granted, Serena ddid not bring her "A" game, but I think a lot of other opponents would have still crumbled, especially when Serena got the 5-4 lead in the 2nd set. I think Jill did a lot more than "just show up" as Serena so ungraciously said.

Hey Chubin from Canada, what will this do for Jill's ranking to beat a Top-5 player? Something really good I hope. Or do you know this, Randy? [I hope you will see this and at least say Hi! LTNH]

At Amelia, Jill said her goal for this year was Top 20 [no thoughts of retiring! Hurray!!!! :) ] I thought that was probably a little unrealistic.. but maybe not!

Randy H
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Hey Marsha!

Well, I am extremely happy for Jill, she is a very nice person and she works incredibly hard so to see her get this sort of win is just fantastic for her and great to see for the people who cheer her on and follow her results (like myself!)

I just caught the match and while Serena didn't play at her best level, I thought Jill played very solid tennis, she hit some nice winners when she had the openings, and she really hustled and made Serena work for almost every point. I think that the fitness level was really telling as Serena did win some really long rallies but seemed very winded after which lead to a few sloppy points after. Having said that, you have to give credit to Jill who really worked each point and made Serena hit a few extra balls and also make her think that she was going to have to come up with the goods to win.

Jill should go back into the top 60 with this win, she'll get something like 200 or so points for reaching the 4th round - A great boost for her and a nice change in her form in recent months after it was looking like she was going to tumble in the rankings around Miami time. A great recovery :)

Looking forward to the match against Venus, I am sure Jill must feel that she has nothing to lose so hopefully she can go out there relaxed and keep believing that she can win these matches because I think that was the most important thing against Serena. Most players who are ranked lower don't take advantage of their opportunities because they don't believe they can do it, so it was great to see Jill stay so calm and talk about how much she has improved in her mental toughness and confidence thanks to Raj :)

brunof
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:10 PM
It was also great to hear Jill say that yesterdays win was just part of a "new begining." Hopefully she can build on this win, and upset Venus too.

rrfnpump
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Jill is cool 8-)

Good luck against Venus.

Paldias
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:07 PM
:banana:

Oh my god what wonderful news! I went on a trip the last couple of days and decided to watch the taped NBC Coverage today! My god! :D

Jill is the most deserving of this of anyone. She's such a wonderful person and truly deserves. I truly hope this boosts her ranking high enough to allow her to finally get better draws and effectively get her further in tournaments.

Congrats Jill! :D

Paldias
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:27 PM
By the way I've calculated that Jill will jump up to No. 54! :) Congrats Jill! :D

Irish
Jun 29th, 2005, 12:33 AM
This was a great match and Jill played superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: I wish she could have kept it up in her next match but it doesn't take away her great match against Serena.

I knew you would be soooo happy Marsha. :D