PDA

View Full Version : Why did Jill + Serena get moved onto court 2 at the last moment?

Szymanowski
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Can somebody please tell me? :confused:

Jem
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Because the Murray-Nalbandian match was going on and on, and they were going to run out of light. It happens from time to time on the showcourts, especially at Wimbledon, where they start play so late in the day and don't have lights.

E. Blackadder
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Because court no. 2 is the 'graveyard' of champions ;)

*Karen*
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Don't get me wrong as a Scot I'm very happy for Andy doing so well. But I think it's stupid that wimbledon think it's a good decision to have the world number 300 against someone who i don't think is in the top 20 on centre court. That game went on until quite late so the Serena match was moved.

gsm
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:40 PM
wimbledon organisers... :o :o :o

is a complete joke that the match was not played earlier on any court.

Experimentee
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I hate Murray and Nalbandian even more after this :mad:
I agree, what was that match doing on Centre Court anyway? Just because he is a Brit doesnt give him a right to Centre Court when he is ranked 200+!

MLF
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Murray - Nalbandian wasn't a Centre Court standard match but what you have to realise is that Murray has been receiving huge media coverage here in the papers, radio & tv. The general public who have no real interest in tennis have been paying him a lot of attention so he was always going to be on CC due to the level of UK interest. This match was always going to get more tv viewers than the Craybas - Williams match which should have replaced the men's doubles on Court One which was the 4th match on that court and started pretty early.