PDA

View Full Version : Monday OOP: Myskina-Dementieva On Court 13!

tobi
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Order Of Play Announced

Lindsay-Kim On Centre C
Amelie & Maria On Court 1
Venus On Court 2
Mary On Court 3
Anastasia-Elena On Court 13
Nadia-Kveta & Maggi-Sveta On Court 18

VeeDaQueen
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:41 AM
franny is warming up her hand :)

azmad_88
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Definately not fair..for a 2 top 10 players to play at the outside court...
should have been on 3 at least...

@m@nd@
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:44 AM
i honestly have no idea why the 6th seed has yet to play on centre court :mad:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:45 AM
I'm delighted. I was worried this would be on one of the top 2 courts and that would have meant queueing all night and a lot of money. This is much better. Nastya seems very comfortable on this court too. It's going to be awfully crowded through. I also wish the 1st match was Lopez v Ancic rather than Mirnyi vs T Johansson - not a match I will particularly enjoy having to sit through.

azmad_88
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Dementieva played on court number 3 for three times...now court number 13..
its good they dont pressure her much...hope she can win

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Henin-Dementieva 4r was on court 13 once, V Williams vs Kournikova 4r was on court 18 once.

lukehingis
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Smaller court might equate to less nerves and a better match. Here's hoping for that!!

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Isn't Sharapova playing Dechy? :confused:

Centre:

(1)Davenport vs (15)Clijsters :D

Court One:

(3)Mauresmo vs (13)Likhovtseva

(16)Dechy vs (2)Sharapova

Court Two:

(14)V.Williams vs Craybas

Court Three:

Penetta vs (12)Pierce

Court Thirteen:

(9)Myskina vs (6)Dementieva :mad:

Court Eighteen:

(8)Petrova vs Peschke :o

Maleeva vs (5)Kuznetsova

-----------------------------------

itzhak
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:12 AM
The reason for this order of courts is because it will be at "Crazy Monday" when all the 4rd games (Men and Women) playing in the same day. Just see what other games will be and you understand why they aren't playing in the main courts. Court 13 is one of the biggest among the small courts (capacity of 1600).

_LuCaS_
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:59 AM
15. In the interest of The Championships and of the Wimbledon crowds, and also of domestic and international television and the press, every effort is made to put the best players and the best matches on the show courts. Six show courts are especially programmed. These, in order, with spectator accommodation in brackets, are Centre Court (13,813), No.1 Court (11,429), Court 2 (2,990), Court 13 (1,541), Court 3(800) and Court 18 (788+). Prestige attaches to an appearance on any of these six courts.

DRF
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Actually court 13 is a much better court than number 3.

Court 13 has a much bigger stand and also has some seats on the other side where as court 3 isnt as big stand and no seats on the other side (just perople standing and making noise putting off the player.

So basically court 13 is more like a stadium court where as court 3 is just like an outside court with people putting players off.

azmad_88
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:44 AM
weell..all the best to dementieva...

DRF
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Im surprised court 18 is not bigger. At leats it seems so. It has seats on 3 sides of the court but I suppose it has a big row of people standing watching the matches from above so it makes it to basically a 1000 people anyway. Court 3 is the lames of the show courts. Court 13 IMO is the best outside of centre, 1 and 2. Basically because it has a big shelter for shade where people sit so when it was really hot earlier in the week I just went and watched Karlovic v Bracciali because there was shade

Helas
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Hopefully playing on a smaller court will help Elena's nerves settle faster because she often freezes up on the big stage (FO '04)

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Actually court 13 is a much better court than number 3.

Court 13 has a much bigger stand and also has some seats on the other side where as court 3 isnt as big stand and no seats on the other side (just perople standing and making noise putting off the player.

So basically court 13 is more like a stadium court where as court 3 is just like an outside court with people putting players off.

It's true Court 3 can be very noisy to play on with noise coming from both centre and court 2. I was watching Myskina/Miyagi v Hantuchkova/Sugiyama and with Andy Murray playing on centre and Mirza on court 4 (with her understandably exuberant fans) it was very distracting.

Spunky83
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:04 PM
I am pretty satisfied that this match is going to be on court 13...but I donīt have a bloody idea why I feel that way;)

Third time in a row on court 13 for the "Countess of Darkness" (miffedmax)...put in a black cat and that will do the trick! Spooky!

selking
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:05 PM
it must be a good court because alot of people play there

Allez-H
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:35 PM
They ALWAYS do that, every single year they put the women on the smaller courts and the men on the bigger ones, expecially the second monday where every 4th has to be played because of the stupid Middle Sunday. I honestly fail to understand how they can just leave a day of action out when hey know that they got raindelays every two seconds.

hablo
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:38 PM
good luck Momo, just picture yourself playing on court 13 or 18 ;) :devil:

*Karen*
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:39 PM
I thought court 13 was one of the better courts. Its usually televised on bbc interactive. They've got alot of matches to schedule they can't put them all on the show courts.

LucasArg
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:44 PM
The unfair thing is some players didnīt play on Centre court yet.

mboyle
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:51 PM
They ALWAYS do that, every single year they put the women on the smaller courts and the men on the bigger ones, expecially the second monday where every 4th has to be played because of the stupid Middle Sunday. I honestly fail to understand how they can just leave a day of action out when hey know that they got raindelays every two seconds.

Same. I also don't comprehend why they don't start til 1. I understand why they don't start before 12 (dew hasn't dried on practice courts til 10, players need to practice,) but why start the show courts after the outside ones?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Bad scheduling to say the least. It should be on Court One or at least Court Two

UDiTY
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:15 PM
:mad:

That's agravating. They better show if not all at least part of this match!

I WANNA SEE IT!!

Myskina is a GS champion and a top 10 seed and she hasn't been on any court but 13 and 18...has she!?

And Venus is a 4 time finalist and she has always been on court 2!!

stupid:rolleyes:

fammmmedspin
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Nastya has been winning on court 13. Elena hasn't visited.

venus gets the court Craybas won on!

Knizzle
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:45 PM
:mad:

That's agravating. They better show if not all at least part of this match!

I WANNA SEE IT!!

Myskina is a GS champion and a top 10 seed and she hasn't been on any court but 13 and 18...has she!?

And Venus is a 4 time finalist and she has always been on court 2!!

stupid:rolleyes:

Wasn't Venus vs Hantu on court 1?? Even so she's only on court 2 because of Craybas. Venus should be used to that court, so all the better. Only thing is that the camera view SUCKS.

mr_burns
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:19 AM
That time ana k and venus playd on 18 was in 99, because there was no play for 2 days. It should have been on a main court...

fammmmedspin
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:23 AM

Because they are still following the 1890 script. Church on Sunday and a morning doing the daily business before a nice lunch and then some tennis......

cynicole
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Continually sticking Venus on the Graveyard Court makes you wonder if they organizers haven't been "hoping" for something. (Haven't succeeded yet though, have they!)

I always giggle with Myskina and the 13 though.