PDA

View Full Version : Mary Pierce

Rtael
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:09 AM
has only approximately 320 points to defend for the rest of the year. Discuss.

VeeDaQueen
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Top 5, baby :banana:

Andy.
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:44 AM
She is definatly a big chance for the top 10 and top 5 is a possibility too she is back to her best and that means Danger for the rest of the girls.

AjdeNate!
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Allez!

Shana
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:02 AM
C'mon Maryyyy!
keep ur rhythm..u'd be back @top5 again.

deja_entendu
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Pierce as a top 10 player? Interesting, she just isn't the athlete the rest of the girls are, so it would seem weird. But results are results.

Andy.
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Pierce as a top 10 player? Interesting, she just isn't the athlete the rest of the girls are, so it would seem weird. But results are results.

i would put Lindsay Davenport in the same league

JenFan75
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Mary pierce in top 10 would be so cool. Top 5 would be orgasmic :devil:

geoepee
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:29 AM
And many people here said that it would never be possible for her to reach the top 10 again....

GO MARY!!!!!

Andy_
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Well, Top 5 might be really really tough, but I can see her getting closer and closer to the Top 10, and if she manages to keep this kind of level throughout summer and to the US Open, and more into the indoor season - she's often done pretty well, indoor - she definitely has a shot at closing the season in the Top 10, which would be a great achievement for her :D :worship: Go Mary!!

Libertango
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:56 AM
I really hope she makes the top ten. She was so impressive against Ivanovic, and if she can keep that kind of level up she has a real chance. Go Mary!!! :kiss:

switz
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:04 AM
i always believed (and said) that Mary still had the capacity to get to the top if she stayed injury free. I know it was a big if but very few agreed with me and many laughed and even mocked her chances but know she's showing them them all and i know it's all for me :lol:

switz
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:49 PM

maybe but she's significantly improved her mobility and it is far less of weakness now.

stroke for stroke she the superior of most of the top 10.

sebbe
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Well, Mary's future looks pretty bright, doesn't it;)

RenaSlam.
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:38 PM
"EVERY 5 YEARS!"..there's something about Mary lately.

She can definately reach Top 10, top 5 would be tough.

GO MARY!

hingis-seles
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:48 PM
The original sex symbol :hearts:

There's something about Mary......

thelittlestelf
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Boy, I really hope she keeps playing for a couple more years because if she continues her awesome play throughout the summer season, she'll start getting really favorable draws with her higher rank and win lots more titles.

Piotr'ek
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:54 PM
what is her champions race now?

Havok
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Allez Mahree.:banana:

With her ranking this high, she'll finally get better draws/seeds at the big events she plays during the summer hardcourts. Before, she was always unseeded and had to face the top names way too early. Now she'll probably be seeded to make the quarters in most of them (not all the top players play the big events anyways in the summer, especially Montreal) so she can easily get herself back inside the top 10. She only has a handful of points to defend on the hardcourts leading up to the US Open, and I really expect her to be ranked in the top 10 by then. She won't defend all those points she got at the USO last year, since she beat Sharapova then who was worth a whole lot of quality points, but from there on out, she's home free again.:smoke: Top 10 at least, maybe top 5 if she continues her lights out play.:D

Havok
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:59 PM
what is her champions race now?
#9.

Shonami Slam
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:58 AM
well, she's not going to play brilliant tennis every week.
but if she takes the slams as her main goal - she might reach the QF or so in USopen with a lucky draw, and then another title or so will do the trick.
at the moment - she's still not able to compete with swiss miss patty, zvonareva, molik and even myskina (the RG final truly was the turning point, prior to that i don't really think mary had better results this year than nastya) on a weekly level.
i mean - there is always gunna be one of them to push her down the ranking - not to mention likhovtseva, bovina and KIM that are gunna duel her if not surpass her.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:09 AM
I love Mary!! She is climbing the rankings and that is awesome!!!

Mana
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Go Mary, as long as you don't push Nadia out of the top 10 I'm fine!

franny
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:12 AM
If she can crack the top 10, then she'll start to get higher seedings and won't have to face the top seeds early on. She just needs to stay consistent and who knows, yay Mary!!!!

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:13 AM
TOP 10 most defintely.

Mark Spruce
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:32 AM
VAMOS MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark