PDA

View Full Version : Serena: "she didn't do anything"

SM
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Q. Given that you did come in here without much match play and that you were hurt, why the extreme disappointment right now?

"SERENA WILLIAMS: Because I shouldn't have lost this match. I didn't play a good match enough today. "

Her argument is illogical. Quite simply, if she did not play a good enough match today then she SHOULD have lost the match. I think Jill deserved some more props.

But I feel for Serena and we have lost some good marquee matches for week 2

ezekiel
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:56 AM
let it go. Analyzing every little word after a loss is an endevour in futility

SJW
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:59 AM
3 Ivanovic fans in a row. hehe :)

spokenword73
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Serena speaks the truth. Craybas, as nice as she seems is a journeywoman, who got lucky today. Good for her. She'll crash and burn against Venus though.

SM
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:26 AM
yes but if serena wasnt bitter and more tactful she couldve said nice thing

for example descire your game" i dont wanna say a load of expletives" she pretty much said

then they go to her to describe what jill did "nothing". well she could have said something a bit more humble like "jill did well to get alot of balls back but my errors were key" doesnt that sound better?

le bon vivant
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:32 AM
yes but if serena wasnt bitter and more tactful she couldve said nice thing

for example descire your game" i dont wanna say a load of expletives" she pretty much said

then they go to her to describe what jill did "nothing". well she could have said something a bit more humble like "jill did well to get alot of balls back but my errors were key" doesnt that sound better?

Yes, it does. Ive been teling Serena these things for years....

jfk
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Serena says this after almost every match she loses. At least she didn't say "I committed suicide out there."

I will say, however, that it was true in this case. Craybas did not play well...even the British wildcards would have done well against her in this form. Usually, Serena gives no credit to opponents, despite the matches where they play really well....a couple of the Capriati matches come to mind. Serena was correct in the match versus Craybas though.

Jeff
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Yeah, well Serena played like crap today. I found it hard to say anything other than explatives myself, so I think she definetly should be pissed at herself. And, I am a fan of Jill Craybas, so when I say that it was all about Serena and not much to do with Jill, I say it without despise for Jill but just stating the truth. Serena started off the match absoluetly horribly, just as she had the previous two matches. This match was somewhat of a self-fullfilling prophecy for Serena, as I think she just creates difficulty for herself sometimes and it's frustrating to watch indeed

cellophane
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Serena says this after almost every match she loses. At least she didn't say "I committed suicide out there."

I will say, however, that it was true in this case. Craybas did not play well...even the British wildcards would have done well against her in this form. Usually, Serena gives no credit to opponents, despite the matches where they play really well....a couple of the Capriati matches come to mind. Serena was correct in the match versus Craybas though.

If Jill woudn't have fared well against the British wildcards, how shit was Serena playing? Isn't a bit of an overexaggeration? (even though I didn't see the match)

jfk
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:49 AM
If Jill woudn't have fared well against the British wildcards, how shit was Serena playing? Isn't a bit of an overexaggeration? (even though I didn't see the match)
Not saying Craybas would have lost to Katie O'Brien, for example, but it would have been really close. Of course, I'm not taking the matchups into account, which I should...who knows....

When Serena loses, it's often in spectacular fashion....with a crazy amount of UE's, including several consecutive ones at the ends of games to hand over a few games to Craybas. Today was no exception...she had a lot of winners too. She was in self-destruct mode, but had flashes of brilliance. Serena's match reminded me of Venus' loss at RG....the opponent didn't have to do anything to win except to keep the ball in play. And Craybas couldn't even do that a lot of the time! She had a lot of UE's. She was rough out there....whether it was due to the pressure of facing Serena, I dunno. Remember, she is ranked in the 80's and hasn't played well enough (until getting the points today) to appear to be moving up at all.

SM
Jun 26th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Jill is doing her job. She probably had best day yet at the office ;) so I think it would be nice of Serena not to detract from it too much as she had. Let Jill enjoy her 2 minutes of fame, shes a journeywoman and the end is near for her career so its nice for her to go out with a bang and be able to say she beat someone as incredible as Serena at the biggest most prestigious tennis event!!!!!!!!