PDA

View Full Version : Can Craybus win the whole thing?

Doraemon
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:21 AM
She played amazing against Serena and she deserves every bit of credit for this win regardless of how well or crappy Serena played. I think she has a very good chance of extending her winning record against the sisters and if she makes it past Vee, it's anyone's guess who will win the title. I mean, she may not have the weapon to push Vee but she has the game to make her play. Venus may have earned more money and won more matches than Jil but this time, my money is on Jil. I saw her play 10 years ago somewhere and she was a crappy player who shouldn't be playing on the circuit and I still think her game is kinda not professional but congrats to her on this great tournament she's been having.. maybe this is the tournament of her career and could get even better. I just can't help but wish her the very best against another Williams I doubt.

SJW
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:22 AM
She played amazing against Serena and she deserves every bit of credit for this win regardless of how well or crappy Serena played. I think she has a very good chance of extending her winning record against the sisters and if she makes it past Vee, it's anyone's guess who will win the title. I mean, she may not have the weapon to push Vee but she has the game to make her play. Venus may have earned more money and won more matches than Jil but this time, my money is on Jil. I saw her play 10 years ago somewhere and she was a crappy player who shouldn't be playing on the circuit and I still think her game is kinda not professional but congrats to her on this great tournament she's been having.. maybe this is the tournament of her career and could get even better. I just can't help but wish her the very best against another Williams I doubt.

if Venus wins give me 1m :)

Doraemon
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:25 AM
Venus probably will win but she would have been happier and got more confidence beating her sister. Jill is not the kind of play that you gain confidence by beating. Jill plays like a satelite player now and then but is capable of frustrating some hard hitting players with all those slow dead balls.

Hots4Safin
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:26 AM
this thread is PURE COMEDY :lol:

Stamp Paid
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Cmon Jill, validate your win! You can do it!

RenaSlam.
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:35 AM
For sure. GO JILL!

serenafan08
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:43 AM
You've got to consider her the favorite now!!! GO JILL!! WOOHOO! :lol:

Sam L
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:44 AM
If the other 15 players all "fractured" their ankles, then yes. :tape:

Mr_Molik
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Yes. Jill played amazing tennis today, overpowering Serena with her serve and heavy groundstrokes. If she can keep up this level for the rest of the year I expect to see her in the top 20.

MissJessou
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:51 AM
I don't think she can win the title, but I think she has chances to upset Venus, after all, she's probably more confidente now that she has beaten Serena, and Venus haven't passed round of 16 in a GS since two year, so she can be mentally fragile during that match.

Diesel
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:51 AM
I know she's skyrocketed to the top of my list for sure :yeah: I don't see who can beat her.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Yes. Jill played amazing tennis today, overpowering Serena with her serve and heavy groundstrokes. If she can keep up this level for the rest of the year I expect to see her in the top 20.Top twenty? Please! She's headed for the top ten and number one by the US OPEN!!!

GO Jill!

SJW
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:57 AM
she'll do the Golden Grand Slam in 2008.

VAMOS! :D

~ The Leopard ~
Jun 26th, 2005, 04:26 AM
All tremble at the might of Craybas!

cellophane
Jun 26th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Look for the Craybus Express to derail a second Williams sister. ;)

Doraemon
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:25 AM
I always thought Jill was top 75 material and now she finally has proven it!

ceiling_fan
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:29 AM
definitely top 5 material :yeah: go jilL!

SelesFan70
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:32 AM
She has a 1/16 chance just like everyone else? This is WHY they play the matches! :shrug: I wouldn't discount her against Venus. IF she can consistenly play to Venus' forehand it could get interesting. The first set is WAY more important for Jill than for Venus, though. I do think Venus will win after a tight first set... 6-4, 6-1

Derek.
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Jill will win it. I'm 100% sure. ;)

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:53 AM
this thread is PURE COMEDY :lol:

OK! PUUUUUURE Comedy....thats just like asking if a woman can grow a penis

vw.
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:11 AM
There might be a tough set in there somewhere, but overall, Jill has no chance!
Venus will extend her 7-5, 6-3 streak against her, by beating Jill by that score! :p :D

Freewoman33
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Jill will be the number 1 player by the YEC. She's clearly unbeatable right now.

RenaSlam.
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Please people. Jill is one of the best players of all time. Of course she can win the whole thing. Vamos, JIlly!

cartmancop
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:29 AM

Exactly :lol:

Amelie would have to fall & break her neck, Kim would have to be severely injured in a barfight with Bec Cartwright(sp.) :devil: , Lindsay would have to lose both legs & maybe an arm, Myskina & Dementieva would have to both pull out & Sharapova would have to die for that to happen. so in other words, no chance... :devil:

Julia1968
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:44 AM

It was amazing how Serna was able to get around the court all match with a broken ankle. Most athlete's can't play on broken ankles.

xan
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:53 AM
:lol: :lol: @ this thread!

But if Craybas does beat Venus, she'll certainly go down in tennis legend.

zuluagafan
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:55 AM
u have to be kidding :tape: i mean common i hope that u jsut did this thread for attention

udachi Elena
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:57 AM
I think/hope venus takes her down quickly.. so she can relax before her quarter final match up

Red Lantern
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:03 AM
For some reason I have a feeling that Venus is going to totally cream Jill....

selyoink
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:23 AM
If Jill wins Wimbledon I will never watch tennis again.

Fortunately that won't happen baring some catastrophe where every other player left in the draw is forced to withdraw.

Shane54
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:02 AM
This post is really an insincere attempt at REALLY trying to answer the question brought forth. This poster who started the thread obviously is a Willy fan and is just hoping to get some negative posts towards Craybus, which he has gotten. Best of luck JILL!

Jeff
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Well I'm a Serena fan, of course, but I too am happy for Jill. Totally disappointed about Serena losing to her, as she should never lose to Jill, but I do like Jill. I've liked Jill ever since I saw her live at the Pacific Life Open since 2003. She is such a nice girl. She does have a nice baseline game, as well. Although it's Serena, I am glad she finally had a good win like this, because she truely deserves it.

Rafe306
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:31 AM
I'm predicting that she beats Venus 6-4, 7-5..Cmon Jilly!!

JDLover
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:38 AM
What the fuck is this crap if Clijsters and Mauresmo havent won a slam than that lucky bitch can't win a slam let alone a tier 1 tournament, the last lucky people to make slam finals are Tauziat (1998) when the draw fell apart and she was experienced also a top five player and also Zvereva (1988) and look how that final turned out. I wish people on this board can actually grow brains and stop writing stupid threads like this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Instead put a thread in related to how poorly Serena had to play to have a win