PDA

View Full Version : Much Praises To Serena

roarke
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Go on girl! live you life how you want to live it and don't pay any attention to those who feel they should live your life for you. If you want to have ten different activities along with tennis, do so. It is your life and you have to live it how you want so that you can achieve self-actualization and happiness. So what if you lost a tennis match today! Is it the end of the world? No! I think not. Just a blip in the road of your life. There is always another match, another day and if you want it bad enough you know what to do! At least you are not amongst the lost men and women of this world who seems to have to take drugs (legal and otherwise) and have indiscriminate sex just to face their pathetic lives each day. Most of the people who criticize you are underachiever's anyway. The only high points in their lives seem to come from their negative thoughts and words.

I congratulate you on making an effort to play even when you were not in the best physical condition to do so. Yes, you lost but even your nay Sayers know within themselves that you are a much better player than your performance today. There is no reason for you to go into a press conference and sing praise to anyone. The news conference is about you, your performance and the state of your game, not about how anyone else's performance!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Personally I think she should have listened to her coach and skipped wimbledon. She clearly wasn't ready or prepared and a grand slam isnt a good time to come back from such a long layoff. Still, I applaud the fact that she tried despite the odds against her.

Kudos

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:39 PM
In a way it is kind of mysterious, how similarly this season evolves for both Australian Open champs.. Neither Marat nor Serena can get anything going at all..

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Go Rena........I believe in you no matter what and i admire your fighting spirit!!!!

Veenut
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:52 PM
I also applaud her and she has nothing to be ashamed of. With all the odds against her she still gave it her best shot and at some moments it appears should pull it off. It was painful to watch but I'm relieved that she can go home now knowing that she tried her best.

She should just go home, put her feet up, relax and attend a few fun functions. She should just take it very easy and not play another tournament until she is definately healthy. She already has a major for the year already and another is still ahead, therefore she has nothing to worry about. Move right along Serena because you are still ahead of the pack!!! Best wishes and a speedy recovery!!!

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Serena came, she tried and for not getting where she wanted, she still did well. I'll never fault Serena for coming and attempting to win.

RenaSlam.
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:53 PM
In a way it is kind of mysterious, how similarly this season evolves for both Australian Open champs.. Neither Marat nor Serena can get anything going at all..

They also both lost in the 3R of Wimbledon in straights!

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:57 PM
They also both lost in the 3R of Wimbledon in straights!

They also won AO after beating the current Wimbledon champion in semifinals, having matchpoints against them, in a matches both of them were lucky to win.. And no titles since then.

Veenut
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:48 AM
They also won AO after beating the current Wimbledon champion in semifinals, having matchpoints against them, in a matches both of them were lucky to win.. And no titles since then.

The two AO champs couldn't care less about insignificant titles. Maybe their next coincidence will be repeat USO champions. ;)

Kar16d
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Nice Try Serena mabey next year for sure

Davenselesport
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Why do you feel bad for her? She acted like a baby in her post-match interview... reminds me of the Serena of 1999. She has some maturing to do.

Evelyn Tremble
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Praise for a player who does NOT make the effort - no thanks!

Kar16d
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Omg Please

harloo
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Go on girl! live you life how you want to live it and don't pay any attention to those who feel they should live your life for you. If you want to have ten different activities along with tennis, do so. It is your life and you have to live it how you want so that you can achieve self-actualization and happiness. So what if you lost a tennis match today! Is it the end of the world? No! I think not. Just a blip in the road of your life. There is always another match, another day and if you want it bad enough you know what to do! At least you are not amongst the lost men and women of this world who seems to have to take drugs (legal and otherwise) and have indiscriminate sex just to face their pathetic lives each day. Most of the people who criticize you are underachiever's anyway. The only high points in their lives seem to come from their negative thoughts and words.

I congratulate you on making an effort to play even when you were not in the best physical condition to do so. Yes, you lost but even your nay Sayers know within themselves that you are a much better player than your performance today. There is no reason for you to go into a press conference and sing praise to anyone. The news conference is about you, your performance and the state of your game, not about how anyone else's performance!

:worship: :worship:

harloo
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Why do you feel bad for her? She acted like a baby in her post-match interview... reminds me of the Serena of 1999. She has some maturing to do.

You are the one acting like the baby with this post. Whine, Whine, Whine!!

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!:lol:

SJW
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:14 AM
1 win out of 2 slams played. :)

Doraemon
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:22 AM
She made the final last year and lost in the 3rd round this year. Do the match and you ll see how far she will go down in the rankings.. it's a pity but who am I kidding? Let's move on with your life, Serma!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:24 AM

What mystery? If you dont play you dont win. She had absolutely no preparation to win a grand slam. No matches. Then to make matters worse she has a bum ankle and a cold.

There is no mystery why she lost.

serenafan08
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:49 AM
What mystery? If you dont play you dont win. She had absolutely no preparation to win a grand slam. No matches. Then to make matters worse she has a bum ankle and a cold.

There is no mystery why she lost.
Thank you!!!!! That's what I've been saying the whole time - it's no big deal. People, this isn't something to waste brain cells over. She was out of shape and didn't play any matches, so it (losing) was bound to happen sooner or later. She'll be alright - she just needs to rest her body first.

spokenword73
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Yes, go Serena.
And why do the sports writers act like winning AO '05 is not a major accomphlishment?
SO what if she lost Wimbledon this time...she got a lot of years to win it again.