PDA

View Full Version : Nadia Petrova Is Winning Easily, But No One Seems To Care!

SelesFan70
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:53 PM
:devil: Have we all given up hope for La Petrova? She DOES have Maria in her quarter... :o

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Petrova=Severe Western Grip. No chance on grass.

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:54 PM
she'll lose as soon as she faces a decent player, she's been lucky with her draw...

Wojtek
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:56 PM
But she beat three, low rank player and like ys wrote with such grip on her forehand no chance.

K-Dog
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Maria will clock her!! Nadia isn't going to be able to beat Maria on grass!!

UDiTY
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Nad always does this. She wins easily and people start noticing and now that she's in the 4r and people are watching she'll probably fizzle away.

But hopefully she gets to play Maria and plays her tough:yeah:

Allez-H
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:01 PM
I care and I hope she'll shock everyone :devil:

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Nadya can do well at Wimbledon, but she needs to change her grass game for that.. She is not going to win it from the baseline, it is a pain to even see her getting under those low balls with that grip. But with her good serve and excellent volley skills she can play serve and volley just fine..

mboyle
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Maria beat Nadia on a hardcourt in 2003 when Nadia was #23 and Maria was #56. I HIGHLY doubt the result would be reversed at Maria's favorite tournament on Maria's best surface and Petrova's worst when Maria is on the verge of no. 1 in the world. However, nothing is impossible.

waratahsrock
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:16 PM
It's great that Nadia is going well, keep goin Nadia!
As long as Maria beats her, it's all good!

selking
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Ok sometimes i feel like everyone thinks maria is like a god on grass. Just because she got lucky last year and got past davenport thanks to rain and then played her best i have ever seen her play in the final doesn't mean she is Martina navratilova

gmak
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:54 PM
well done nadia :yeah: :D :kiss:

she's been so consistent in slams lately ;)

good luck against kveta! :)

No Name Face
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:01 AM
um...she hasn't won a title yet. not even a tier 3. no one's gonna consider her a contender until she's in the finals and a set up.

Melly Flew Us
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Ok sometimes i feel like everyone thinks maria is like a god on grass. Just because she got lucky last year and got past davenport thanks to rain and then played her best i have ever seen her play in the final doesn't mean she is Martina navratilova

yes. but you are supposed to play your best tennis in the final.
something nadia may yet achieve very soon.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:25 AM
I'll care if she beats skankapova.

franny
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Skankapova? It's not like she's a slut, she's actually a pretty conservative girl out there. Anyways, I never underestimate any player. Petrova has a huge serve and big groundstrokes. She can hurt anyone on any given day.

Kart
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Nadia usually beats whom she's supposed to.

Good luck against Maria !

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Nadia has already defended her Wimbledon points. And she only has 115 points to defend until the US Open.
She can make the top 5 this summer.

Shonami Slam
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:55 PM
As a big nadia fan - She has a better chance against peshke than sharapova.
she tends to build up hopes coming up to "easy" matches right before a big oppurtunity, and yet again kveta might be harder on her than sharapova would had they met this round and not the next.
i'm hoping she can hold herself together and force her points like she does when on fire - and blitz kveta first, then duel sharapova for a top5 ranking possibility.

SJW
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:58 PM
i dont think she has any chance vs Sharapova. but i would love her to prove me and others wrong

jlamire
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:19 PM
i dont think she has any chance vs Sharapova. but i would love her to prove me and others wrong
Well maybe we can talk about that after the 1/8 or would you like me to call Wimbledon people and tell them to cancel those useless matches so you can see a Nadia against Maria happening?

Ryan
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Hasn't she lost a set in her first two rounds, then beat Cara in straights?

RenaSlam.
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Nadia sucks. She's overrated. Great game, no head.

Darop.
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Nadia sucks. She's overrated. Great game, no head.

:haha:

Says the Williams fan.

SJW
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Well maybe we can talk about that after the 1/8 or would you like me to call Wimbledon people and tell them to cancel those useless matches so you can see a Nadia against Maria happening?

sorry you're right. we shouldn't take it for granted that they'll win their R16 :)

Knizzle
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:43 PM
:haha:

Says the Williams fan.

Whose a fan of the 11 GS titlist Williams sisters.

Darop.
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Whose a fan of the 11 GS titlist Williams sisters.

So.

Martian KC
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Egh!! Don't bring attention to her. She likes it like this and so does her fans.:cool:

Shonami Slam
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:03 AM
mind you - petrova is going to shine on the hardcourts - so even if she falls to maria (please pass kveta) the year is still solid for her and she's well deserving of the top10 ranking.

RenaSlam.
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:04 AM
So.

What a mature response. Care to elaborate? :rolleyes:

Orion
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Petrova does have an awful lot going for her. She is super consistent. Her results this year are impressive, with only one really early loss to Ana Ivanovic, and at least R16 in all the others. I'd take that over 1 title and no real consistency (unless the title were a grandslam). She's got a serve that works well on grass, and volleys better than most players in the top 20, the exceptions being Schnyder, Kuznetsova, Henin, Mauresmo, and V. Williams. Her forehand is awkward on grass, but her last match showed quite effectively that she uses it effectively. I'd give Petrova a 1/3 chance to beat Sharapova, primarily because she can defend the net points well. Peschke is dangerous looking too, though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her fall here, either.

volta
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Maria will pack her back to Russia

Andy.
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:37 AM
I hope Maria will send her packing. Well she should anyway.

Mana
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:06 AM
go nadia!

cartmancop
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Much like I am with Amelie, I've stopped getting my hopes up for Nadia until she breaks through & wins a really big match when it counts... I have confidence that someday she can do it, but I don't think it will be @ Wimbledon.

Gowza
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:23 AM
nadia is a fine player, and when she is playing well can beat most players but she doesnt often upset the top players, she is kind of like zvonareva of last year, didnt lose much to players ranked lower than her but couldnt beat players ranked higher than her.

deja_entendu
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Petrova remains remarkably unimpressive, with the worst forehand to enter the top 10 in the last decade and the speed and athleticism of a paraplegic.

russophile
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:50 AM
nadia is a great character on court and off. but she's like mauresmo when facing bigger girls i mean seeded higher than she is

Dominic
Jun 27th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Watching petrova play, I never actually understood how she was ranked that high. SAhe has a good serve, ok volleys but her movement is average and her groundies are very ordinary. She doesnt hit through the ball and doesnt place it, she almost never hits winners. She basically does nothing with it, just pushes it back.

waratahsrock
Jun 27th, 2005, 06:00 AM
I'll care if she beats skankapova.

:rolleyes: How creative

Martian KC
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:28 PM
This idiot actually badraped me for this post? Can the reputation option only be for mature posters? :rolleyes:

Nadia Petrova Is Winnin... Jun 26th, 2005 07:44 PM SjuTjuD Go and fuck yourself you pathetic bitch.

Egh!! Don't bring attention to her. She likes it like this and so does her fans.:cool:

SJW
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Can the reputation option only be for mature posters? :rolleyes:

hmmmm....

*JR*
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:38 PM
This idiot actually badraped me for this post? Can the reputation option only be for mature posters? :rolleyes:

Nadia Petrova Is Winnin... Jun 26th, 2005 07:44 PM SjuTjuD Go and fuck yourself you pathetic bitch.
Call up the box office @ your nearest tour event and ask them how many (billion) rep points will get you a ticket... to a Q round. (Post the answer, plz). ;)

Martian KC
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Call up the box office @ your nearest tour event and ask them how many (billion) rep points will get you a ticket... to a Q round. (Post the answer, plz). ;)

I'm assuming Q rounds are free, no?;)

*JR*
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:42 PM
I'm assuming Q rounds are free, no?;)
Depends where, I guess. :lol:

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:45 PM
I adore Petrova and want nothing more for her to do well and get that "big" win. Although I'll be rooting for her against Maria, I would be shocked if she managed to win. I think for us fans we know what she's capable of we just wish she could string it all together- no matter what I'll be there rooting for her. Like other people have mentioned, no one really talks about Petrova because generally she beats the people she's supposed to, then losses routinely to "stiffer" competition. She's had a "big" win at French (Seles, Venus, JCap) and she's had a big win at the US (JuJu)- so I guess she's about do for a big win at Wimby... (I'm not betting any money though)

Darop.
Jun 28th, 2005, 01:37 AM
What a mature response. Care to elaborate? :rolleyes:

No.

*Jean*
Jun 28th, 2005, 09:14 AM
I dont know if Nadia is able to beat Maria, but she's able to resist quite good ;) Look at the score of Maria against Dechy...64 62 isnt severe, and Nadia is quite better than Dechy so...why not a little 75 57 64 :p

Slumpsova
Jun 28th, 2005, 10:23 AM
try to give Maria a hard time then she'll get the spotlight. but i'm afraid she wouldn't :o