PDA

View Full Version : Serena Press Conference On ESPN Now

Mica
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Thoughts?

Kabezya
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:42 PM
It's sad as hell when Serena cries. But I like her perspective on events and what she needs to do.

Oneofakind0490
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:43 PM
What ESPN?

hablo
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:46 PM
It's sad as hell when Serena cries. But I like her perspective on events and what she needs to do.

she cried?? I can't believe she lost to JILL CRAYBAS!!!!!!!!

Mica
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:47 PM

Yeah...Something tells me she was on her period though cause when they were like "Why were you crying?" She was like "Oh...um...nothing I'd like to talk about" and she kinda has that embarassed look.

It was tough seeing her "eyes water" as she says.

Mica
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:47 PM
What ESPN?

It was just ESPN (no 2) but it's over now.

Kabezya
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Yeah...Something tells me she was on her period though cause when they were like "Why were you crying?" She was like "Oh...um...nothing I'd like to talk about" and she kinda has that embarassed look.

It was tough seeing her "eyes water" as she says.

Actually until she goes into detail about injuries and other issues I'm not going to infer anything. It was a press conference and whenever you are emotional, you don't always want someone in your face fishing for an answer they perhaps want more than what could be the truth. It's always tough seeing Serena cry, but it only speaks of the positive things she's going to do because she doesn't want to be in a press conference like today again speaking on a loss that she shouldn't have.

Paneru
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Serena was hurt and rusty which is
really the only reason for losing to Craybas!

Richard knew it!

Just as Serena and he knew
with Venus at 03' RG.

Kabezya
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:55 PM
she cried?? I can't believe she lost to JILL CRAYBAS!!!!!!!!

The opponent aside, the whole tournament was hard for Serena for various reasons. Ms Craybas should try to continue on, or else it stands as just a win over Serena and nothing more. My hope, and I got that from the press conference, is she's going to work on her game, her fitness, we will have to see what comes of things.

Julia1968
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:56 PM
:hysteric: :crying2: :hysteric: :crying2: :hysteric: :crying2: :hysteric: :crying2: :hysteric: :crying2: :hysteric: :crying2: :hysteric: :crying2: :hysteric:

jj74
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Well she is coming from a injury, it's obvious that Serena isn't at her best, but she is a strong girl and all that she needs is improve her form and focuse in the US Open. This things happens even at the best players

Paneru
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Well she is coming from a injury, it's obvious that Serena isn't at her best, but she is a strong girl and all that she needs is improve her form and focuse in the US Open. This things happens even at the best players
She was suffering from a cold as well.

So, it all took it's toll on her.

Declan
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Why on earth did Serena play this tournament? She obviously wasn't fit, was struggling with injuries...It isn't like she has to prove anything at Wibbledon,as a two-time Champion. I am SO shocked at this result. No disrespect to Jill Craybas, but I always think of her as the epitome of a journeywoman on the tour.

jenglisbe
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Serena obviously wasn't her best, but pretty much every player deals with injuries, illness, etc. and plays if they can. No one is 100% healthy.