PDA

View Full Version : Can Sharapova become #1 if she wins and davenport loses to kim?

mrush2004
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure about the #'s but if Masha wins the title will she be able to get #1 or no cause she wont get enough quality points if Davenport loses against kim?

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:21 PM
No. She needed the quality points from Serena. Sharapova won't play a player in the top 10 on her way to the finals. She might even lose quality points from last year since at least she beat Lindsay on her way to the finals.

Lady
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:23 PM
No. She needed the quality points from Serena. Sharapova won't play a player in the top 10 on her way to the finals. She might even lose quality points from last year since at least she beat Lindsay on her way to the finals.

Petrova should be in the Top 10 still. ;)

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I'm sure Maria doesn't care. She just wants title #2.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Petrova should be in the Top 10 still. ;)

Yeah I forgot about her and remember as I came back to see how other people responded to what I said. :lol: Still. Lindsay was ranked 5 and seeded 5 last year. Petrova is ranked 8 and seeded 8. Sharapova will still lose points.

lucashg
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:36 PM
If Kim beats Davenport, I expect her to win the title. If Sharapova makes the final but doesn't win it, I think Davenport will still be #1.

But if Davenport defeats Clijsters, she'll roll onto the finals... and though Sharapova can still win the title, she certainly won't be #1.

Lady
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah I forgot about her and remember as I came back to see how other people responded to what I said. :lol: Still. Lindsay was ranked 5 and seeded 5 last year. Petrova is ranked 8 and seeded 8. Sharapova will still lose points.

Plus the points they gave for Serena were like beating #2! ;)

jenglisbe
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Mariah should overtake #1 during the summer season, anyway. Lindsay has a slew of points to defend, while Maria doesn't have much to defend until September.

Daniel
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:27 PM
A second Wimbledon title is more important than #1 ranking at the moment. #1 Rankig will come in the next couple of months for sure. ;)