PDA

View Full Version : Well congratulations to Maria Sharapova on the defence of her title!

lili123
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Lets just say she is going to defend her title with no problems what so ever! Serena even though she was playing badly was her only competition, now she will stroll into the final!

tennisIlove09
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:16 PM
:rolleyes:

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:56 PM
i hope so...
but how about Lindsay?
if Masha plays lindsay mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

selking
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:57 PM
we'll see how bagel girl does against venus or lindsay

vertigo
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:57 PM
I think not... Maria hasn't being playing that well either....

hablo
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:58 PM
:retard:

mauresmofan
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:17 PM
What a stupid statement to make - there are several girls left in the draw that can beat Sharapova - Myskina, Dementieva, Mauresmo, Lindsay, Kim, Venus and Maam all of which certainly won't just roll over for scream 4. Wimbledon is far from over!

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Lets just say she is going to defend her title with no problems what so ever! Serena even though she was playing badly was her only competition, now she will stroll into the final!

Please.. Maria was never worried about Serena.. If she's to be afraid of someone it would be lindsay davenport...

tobe
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:21 PM
What a stupid statement to make - there are several girls left in the draw that can beat Sharapova - Myskina, Dementieva, Mauresmo, Lindsay, Kim, Venus and Maam all of which certainly won't just roll over for scream 4. Wimbledon is far from over!
:lol: at Scream 4

Paneru
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Please.. Maria was never worried about Serena.. If she's to be afraid of someone it would be lindsay davenport...

Oh please! :rolleyes:

Maria like many of the other top ladies are
true competitors fearing no player!

udachi Elena
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Oh please! :rolleyes:

Maria like many of the other top ladies are
true competitors fearing no player!

i didnt' say she was afraid, i said if she were to be :rolleyes:

xan
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Pointless thread. :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:43 PM

Thanks this is the best way to jinx a player.

ys
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:46 PM
It is really wide open now. But the way it looks now , it is Sharapova, Venus and a whole bunch of chokers.. I am sure, even Peschke now thinks - gee, there isn't a player left in
the draw that I can't beat on a given day..

Allez-H
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Can someone spell on-purpose-jinx :tape:

jochem
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Maria must fear Lindsay and Kim a bit...she had her butt kicked by both on fast court...Kim might be a bit of a choker (don't fully agree) but she is definately capable of beating Maria. Svetlana could pull out a huge upset too if she is to play Maria, but I see Kim or Lindsay as the biggest threat

waratahsrock
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Still a long long way to go before you can make such idiotic assumptions. Maria has still got to get through Decchy, Petrova - who could cause some problems, if Nadia lives up to her potential, Venus - which will be one VERY tough match, and all going well a final against maybe Lindsay, Kim, Amelie, Svetlana. That is no cakewalk at all.
You may be just reacting negatively because your favorite lost, but don't be such a pessimistic wanker.

selyoink
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Maria is a long way from victory. I think she will get to the final but I'm not sure if she will win it all.

No Name Face
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:46 PM
what a jinx. everyone was saying how dementieva had a clear draw to the semis when venus and clijsters were eliminated and she lost in round 4. so way to jinx maria. :tape:

Derek.
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:57 PM
She should get to the semis comfortably. If both her and Venus get there, that could be a good match, but I don't see Venus winning that at this point. Then in the final, I think whoever wins the Kim vs. Lindsay match will get to the final. Both have beaten Maria this year so this could be interesting. But never count out Pierce, Dementieva, Myskina, ect.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Lindsay Davenport def. Maria Sharapova 6-0 6-0.

Kim Clijsters def. Maria Sharapova by some, score in Miami final.

No Name Face
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:58 PM
I have this feeling that if Dementieva or Myskina make the final they will beat Sharapova, especially Dementieva. I just have this feeling that all the other elite Russians (Nasty, Dementieva, Kuzzie) want to put Sharapova in her place.

franny
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:51 AM
I don't like these kind of threads. Anyone in today's game can win a major and beat you. I mean, sure, her main competition, Justine and Serena are gone, but the other girls are not to be underestimated. THey may not be as good as she is on grass, but they've all got experience and have beaten her before sometime in their life. Davenport, Clijsters, Mauresmo may choke a lot, but one has to think that eventually they can make a breakthrough. Right now, I'm still sticking with Maria as my favorite, as I have since the beginning of the tournament because she really is on another level on grass, but don't underestimate anyone and don't make threads like this. It's really quite rude to other players and fans of other players to totally dismiss them like this.

xan
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:52 AM
So. A troll thread started by a bitter Serena fan - and surprise surprise - it attracts some of the other chief trolls to post crap.

xan
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:56 AM
I don't like these kind of threads. Anyone in today's game can win a major and beat you. I mean, sure, her main competition, Justine and Serena are gone, but the other girls are not to be underestimated. THey may not be as good as she is on grass, but they've all got experience and have beaten her before sometime in their life. Davenport, Clijsters, Mauresmo may choke a lot, but one has to think that eventually they can make a breakthrough. Right now, I'm still sticking with Maria as my favorite, as I have since the beginning of the tournament because she really is on another level on grass, but don't underestimate anyone and don't make threads like this. It's really quite rude to other players and fans of other players to totally dismiss them like this.
The poster is not a Maria-fan. Look at his sig. He is a bitter Serena-fan trolling to start trouble.

Sam L
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Well I didn't even think that Serena was the one that was going to threaten Maria in the first place so nothing changes for me. :shrug:

hingis-seles
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:29 AM
I'm reversing this jinx:

Well congratulations to Lindsay Davenport on her second Wimbledon title!

Well congratulations to Venus Williams on her third Wimbledon title!

Is that good enough? :p

HAIL MARY!

franny
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Great unjinxing Hingis-seles!

10nisfanofruz
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Well not too fast! :lol:
It seems that everything is going her way to defend the title<Justine and Serena're gone :o > What a lucky girl! :angel: I think that Venus can do some damage if she beat Mary in QF. :rolleyes:
Maria is playing well and it is tough to beat her.<maybe Lindsay can :unsure: >

gladysharon
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. :angel: