PDA

View Full Version : Craybas=less powerful Nastya

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Yes Serena lost today but I am watching this match and it is not as if JILL IS PLAYING CRAP. She is really very fast and handles pace well and is rather precise. SHe is not the perfect opponent at all for Serena. Serena hates players like this who get everything back!

So let's not make this "all about Serena". JILL PLAYED WELL!!!

frenchvee
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:16 PM
come on now, she is 29 years old.
Please

cellophane
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Please

Ageism!!! :mad:

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Please

29??? what that has to do with STYLE OF PLAY is a mystery to me. she moves well, rallies well, hits mostly flat and precise and loves pace. Sounds just like NASTYA TO ME! just a less powerful, less consistent version most likely

matthieu_tennis
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:23 PM
and serena must BEAT THAT PLAYER :p

Anna F'd Enrique
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:24 PM
i thought jills play was not very good....and the stats also show this.

_LuCaS_
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:27 PM
29??? what that has to do with STYLE OF PLAY is a mystery to me. she moves well, rallies well, hits mostly flat and precise and loves pace. Sounds just like NASTYA TO ME! just a less powerful, less consistent version most likely
And Nastya can't beat Serena :tape:

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:40 PM
i thought jills play was not very good....and the stats also show this.

stats are deceiving. rallies were long.

Darop.
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah, Jill played really well, absorbing the pace and always hitting 1 more ball back. :)

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Jill was Jill.

angela played better than Jill.

The difference today was that Serena was even worse than she was in her prevous matches.

Jill was solid and that was enough to win today.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Yes Serena lost today but I am watching this match and it is not as if JILL IS PLAYING CRAP. She is really very fast and handles pace well and is rather precise. SHe is not the perfect opponent at all for Serena. Serena hates players like this who get everything back!

Jill did nothing special. she played her usual game. Today that was enough to get by serena.

No she jill didnt play like crap. Congrats to her because someone was eventually going to take out serena with her playing like this.

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:43 PM
ok i guess we can sit here and argue about who is tougher. Angela lost. Jill won. Jill was more tactically sound. Angela flashier and plays lower percentage. Angela has more power but Jill has better footspeed, consistency and precision. Just 2 different players.

Paneru
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:48 PM
How much has she improved in a year?

They played last year in Miami in her
1st tournmanet back and only lost one game.

No matter how good Craybas played,
Serena indeed has beaten herself.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:00 PM
ok i guess we can sit here and argue about who is tougher. Angela lost. Jill won. Jill was more tactically sound. Angela flashier and plays lower percentage. Angela has more power but Jill has better footspeed, consistency and precision. Just 2 different players.

If Serena had played Jill Like she played angela she would have won this match as well.

There is no arguement because the fact remains that the numbers were better for angela than jill. But your are right that what it boils down to is that Jill won.

Now lets see if her foot speed consistency and precision wins her a slam since it seems it is so impressive.

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:10 PM

any player would have had the same result.....i mean this is the pro tour and the players do know how to get the ball in the court..............enough said :rolleyes:

starr
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:12 PM

Jill played very well. I loved that little backhand down the line that skidded away from Serena. Craybas hit with authority and with accuracy. She was also a gazelle out there on the court. She seems to be extremely fit.