PDA

View Full Version : I would have rather seen Serena lose to Angela Haynes than Jill Craybas

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Well. It makes you wonder. Did Serena know of Richard's wishes of not wanting her to play before she played against Jill Craybas? I'm a Serena fan but I don't know about this lost. A couple of times it seemed that she didn't want to be there or win this match. I don't know what the reason for that lack of intensity but it was there I know that for sure. Maybe she didn't want to play Venus in her condition, who knows. Jill Craybas played a good match but not great. She probably played the best against Serena that she'll ever play. I'll give Jill some credit. One thing I believe though. If Craybas happens to find a way to beat Venus. I really really really think Venus should retire at the end of the year. Venus couldn't be set up any better to get to the quarters. For Venus to lose to a player like Jill is saying that maybe she doesn't even belong in the top 20.

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Craybas plays better than Angela Haynes in many ways. Angela is flashy but her backhand is suspect and her forehand a bit too loopy and complicated.

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:16 PM
me too

bis2806
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah I agree that Haynes really should've knocked Serena out. I mean Serena was just like scrambling the whole time.

Deuce Court
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:20 PM
One things for sure: Angela Haynes is a very very talented young woman and her time will come... no doubt about it. She really took it to Serena in that match

Jeleno Benesovo
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:21 PM
As long as Serena gets ousted I don't mind who beats her :devil: well done Jill :)

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Craybas plays better than Angela Haynes in many ways. Angela is flashy but her backhand is suspect and her forehand a bit too loopy and complicated.She did not play better than Anglea. Serena simply played worse.

Not surprising. After two tough three setters when youre injured and out of shape and lack match toughness what do you expect?

Jill is a lucky gal she took advangtage of the situation.

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:22 PM
As long as Serena gets ousted I don't mind who beats her :devil: well done Jill :)

VERY FUNNY!!! :lol: :cool:

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:24 PM
She did not play better than Anglea. Serena simply played worse.

Not surprising. After two tough three setters when youre injured and out of shape and lack match toughness what do you expect?

Jill is a lucky gal she took advangtage of the situation.

you're biased. jill's precision and counterpunching are VERY IMPRESSIVE. Serena hit the ball with more authority here than against Haynes where Serena simply pushed the ball and drew the errors from the inexperienced girl from Compton.

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:24 PM
you're biased. jill's precision and counterpunching are VERY IMPRESSIVE. Serena hit the ball with more authority here than against Haynes where Serena simply pushed the ball and drew the errors from the inexperienced girl from Compton.

You sound real stupid right now.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Same for me. I wouldve prefered her to lose to haynes an up and comer but not a 30+ year old

Darop.
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:47 PM
You sound real stupid right now.

Actually he's right.

Jill just played more precentage tennis, getting many balls back.

If Angela had Jill's speed and played percentage tennis she would have won too.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:51 PM

Sorry I disagree. Maybe you watched another match. Angela did everything better than Jill.

Jill simply faced a even more tired out Serena who couldnt even hold serve in the first set.

Don't get me wrong, Jill played well and it was impressive because she took advantage of a floundering top player. Thats all.

Oh and I think you are biased because Jill's win is fresh in your mind and she actually won while Anglea's match was days and days ago and she lost.

I have it on tape. She played better than Jill.

tennis ace
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing and as much as i love Vee i don't think she could beat Angela if she played the way she did against Serena IMO she could have probably made it to the QF but oh well get better Rena :kiss:.

xan
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:50 PM
It would have been better for the game if a rising newcomer like Angela had knocked Serena out. Craybas is on the verge of retirement. The win would have done wonders for Haynes' career.

tennisfan1972
I think Venus would have beat Angela. Angela is lefty, and most of her shots would have beentoVenus' backhand. There wouldnt have been as much pressure on Venus forehand. Venusis moving extremel y well. Much better than serena. I dont think angela would have had an answer for Venus backhand down the line or her crosscourt backhand. it would have set up shots for Venus. Serena's mobility was sopoor she was bound to lose one of these matches, otherwise VEnus would have beather badly, Venus played a good match against daniela. daniela would have beaten Serena IMO. if she could keep her head on. she is so weak mentally. sowho knows.

starr
I thought Angela had an opportunity to win, but she was unable to hold her nerves. I think Jill's experience on the tour helped her. Plus, Jill was hitting the ball very crisply and playing smart. Experience helped her there as well.

But Angela is a very apealing young player. I'm not sure she will develop into a top player, but it would be great for American tennis if she did.