PDA

View Full Version : Jill Craybas def. (4) Serena Williams 6-3 7-6(4)!!!

bis2806
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Really surprised they didn't suspend the match as it went on past 21.00, but well done Jill!!!

Babolatpro880
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:01 PM
No, they'll suspend it if Serena wins the tiebreak probably.

serenafan08
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Nope - they're still playing. After this set the match will be suspended, or over - depending on if Craybas can win it.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Serena better do something quick or she is gone.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:05 PM
jill has the match on her serve can she do it?

Babolatpro880
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Well, she only needs one more point...

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:06 PM
one more point its now or never serena!

Deuce Court
Craybas won it! :(

Cybelle Darkholme
its over.

aNYthing
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:07 PM
:sad:

LeRoy.
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:08 PM
:bounce:

UDiTY
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:08 PM
:lol: There are like 8 threads for this score!

Yikes Serena!

You shouldn't have played!

Oh well, now Venus doesn't have to play you.

GET WELL FOR THE SUMMER HARDCOURT SEASON!

Denise4925
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:09 PM
At least she tried to play with everything wrong with her. :sad:

GO VENUS!!!!!!!!!!

-Kieron-
Well done Jill!

Serena was shocking :(

crazillo
Jill :eek:

She never was that great at Wimby.... Wow! :)

Serena :(

cheesestix
As a longtime Craybas fan, all I can say is....

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Way to step your game up and defeat last year's runner up!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

BTW, kudos to Serena too! You did your best, and that's all that counts! Better luck next time! :hatoff:

PatM04
Jill :bounce:

Serena:( Better luck next time and get well girl!

!<blocparty>!
*dead*

I wont see a sister match now :sad:

stijntje
well done Jill!!!!! ;););)

LeRoy.
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Now take out Venus :) ;)

Rising Sun
Rena :sad:

Congrats Jill. :)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Ah well Serena :sad: Go rest up and get healthy!!! You gave it your best shot considering the circumstances!! See you in the Summer hardcourt season :hug:

Avid Merrion
:sad: :sad: :sad:

congrats to Jill though :)

Venus Forever
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Oh Serena, you just weren't prepared enough, and should have never made the trip like daddy said.

:sad: :sad:

Rest your body, and come back at 100%. ;)

serenafan08
Seriously doubt that one.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Wow Serena cant believe you lose to 83 ranked player Jill craybas on grass! :eek:

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Serena NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :hysteric:

Venus, pound Craybas into the ground

Lady
We expected so much from this quarter, and look what happens.

bis2806
I feel so sorry for Serena because she clearly wasn't in form. I was hoping for see the sister matchup! :(

Irish
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Way to go Jill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: What a very very sweet lady too. :worship:

Marsha would love to have seen this match. :D

tennisIlove09
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Still shocking. Earliest exit for Serena since 2000 Australian Open. Damn. And we were all worried that VENUS would be the one not to make the sister-sister 4th round happen. Wow. Good luck to Vee in the 4th now.

cellophane
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:14 PM
How did Jill play?

Pdm1987
Wow Jill :eek: :)

What a tense match to watch, didn't think Jill would pull it off but she did. A fantastic performance at Wimbledon, even moreso after I saw her play really badly at Birmingham

Kabezya
Too bad for Serena, but I'm still proud she went this far considering everything. Congrats to Jill.

lizchris

It's possible, but I don't see that happening.

Venus has actually stepped up her game, plus it is difficult to beat both sisters in the same touranament.

franny
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Congratulations to Jill, but a big dissapointment for Serena. Still, she played not at 100% and tried her best. The door to Venus went from tough ass draw to easy ride to semis now. Actually, I think that her match wtih Mary can have a lot of potential if both play well. Mary I think has a chance, but Venus is the favorite to head into the Semis.

vettipooh
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Not too disappointed she lost. She needs to go home and get some rest and take care of that bum ankle. I'd rather hear all the garbage now, than listening to it after a sister/sister match. Nice job Jill. You worked hard. Now go Vee. :bounce:

Slumpsova
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:17 PM
We expected so much from this quarter, and look what happens.

yeah. death quarter turns out to be a cakewalk to the final for Maria :rolleyes:

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I'm seriously starting to think that Serena tanked this match so Venus could get through to the quarterfinals. I find it kind of obvious. Yes, Serena fought, but thats her instinct and once it got toward the end she really didn't care. Serena, herself, said that it was a tiny, tiny fracture and that she was feeling and moving good, and that she wasn't thinking about the fracture. Serena at 30% could have easily won this match.

cometz9
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Congrats to Jill for holding her nerves and beating Serena.

Serena :sad:...didn't think she would play well here with her issues, she needs to rest and be ready for the Summer hardcourt and the USO.

mrush2004
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I'm seriously starting to think that Serena tanked this match so Venus could get through to the quarterfinals. I find it kind of obvious. Yes, Serena fought, but thats her instinct and once it got toward the end she really didn't care. Serena, herself, said that it was a tiny, tiny fracture and that she was feeling and moving good, and that she wasn't thinking about the fracture. Serena at 30% could have easily won this match.

why would serena tank this match and not against venus? venus would have gained more quality points by defeating serena and not jill.

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:23 PM

So do you think that Richard's hinting of the sore ankle was a little foreshadowing of the result? :eek:

Whatzup
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Pff Serena.. this was really pathetic. Even not a top 100 performance! :rolleyes:

Please keep it up for the US Open!

Julia1968

Well, Richard went on the public relations tour, telling anyone who would listen how Serena's ankle and knee hurt and she has some type of stomach virus. Hey, he was just softening up the press for a Serena loss.

He obviously knew it was inevitable :secret:

Serena has played terribly the past six months. Other than her fluke win at the Australian Open, she's done nothing. Expect her ranking to fall like Venus' did this year.

Stick Serena with a fork, she's done.

tennisIlove09
:rolleyes: the competitor that Serena is...she wants to win EVERYTHING, EVERYTIME. :rolleyes:

_LuCaS_
:rolleyes: at Maria's draw

Kabezya
So do you think that Richard's hinting of the sore ankle was a little foreshadowing of the result? :eek:

So this all means Venus will win Wimbledon right?

jbone_0307
why would serena tank this match and not against venus? venus would have gained more quality points by defeating serena and not jill.

Obviously everybody would have been talking about how Serena tanked in the Venus/Serena match and that would have added to the speculation of fixed matches. Forget quality points, Venus wants to win Wimbledon.

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Well, Richard went on the public relations tour, telling anyone who would listen how Serena's ankle and knee hurt and she has some type of stomach virus. Hey, he was just softening up the press for a Serena loss.

Serena has played terribly the past six months. Other than her fluke win at the Australian Open, she's done nothing. Expect her ranking to fall like Venus' did this year.

What about Justine?? Forgot about her so soon have you?

G1Player2

Serena's win at the Austrailian TRUMPS EVERYTHING Sharapova has done, or any other player, no MATTER what her results have been since then...

Kabezya
:rolleyes: the competitor that Serena is...she wants to win EVERYTHING, EVERYTIME. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you be happy at Venus' win? Why is it being overshadowed by Serena :confused: And if we want to get down and serious about how good of a competitor Serena is, we can take Serena's slam over Venus tier something title this year.

Task
Jill :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

G1Player2
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:27 PM

Also, I guess it may be time to stick JHH w/ that fork as well since she went out in the 1st round...

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:27 PM
So this all means Venus will win Wimbledon right?

What does Serena's ankle have to do with Venus winning Wimbledon? :rolleyes:

On the other hand, it has a lot to do with the Serena/Jill match. Think about it for a few hours, and maybe you'll understand.

Julia1968
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:28 PM
What about Justine?? Forgot about her so soon have you?

Justine has had a much better 2005 than Serena Williams. In fact, I predict that Justine will surpass her in the rankings this year. Historically, Justine's comeback far surpasses anything Venus and Serena have accomplished during theirs.

lucashg
Really disappointing for Serena, but she didn't seem ready, she should be proud enough she made her way til 3rd round injured and out of shape, playing bad tennis.

I really wanted to see Serena vs Venus. Well, I hope Venus takes her chance and makes a GS SF in like, a loooong time!

Get well and train hard for the HC season, Serena!

Knizzle
Shouldn't you be happy at Venus' win? Why is it being overshadowed by Serena :confused: And if we want to get down and serious about how good of a competitor Serena is, we can take Serena's slam over Venus tier something title this year.

:scratch:

K-Dog
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Serena Was Not Fit Enough To Play!! I Give Her Credit For Trying!! Most Players Would've Withdrawn! If Serena Was Healthy, She Probably Wouldn't Have Lost!!! Qiut Acting Like Serena Is Done!! She Has A Fractured Ankle, A Knee Problem, And A Virus!! This Is Not Serena Williams Playing Out There!!! We All Know What Happens When Players Are Injured!

Julia1968
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Also, I guess it may be time to stick JHH w/ that fork as well since she went out in the 1st round...

No.

Justine has had a much better 2005 than Serena. Justine's future seems much brighter than Serena's. I mean, at least Justine wins on her favorite surface and knows how to play and win with injury.

Knizzle
Justine has had a much better 2005 than Serena Williams. In fact, I predict that Justine will surpass her in the rankings this year. Historically, Justine's comeback far surpasses anything Venus and Serena have accomplished during theirs.

So Justine had a good comeback, but 1 slam equals 1 slam. Serena's slam results are better than hers also.

Kabezya
What does Serena's ankle have to do with Venus winning Wimbledon? :rolleyes:

Yes, what does it have to do with Venus indeed. However I'm trying to figure out why Richard was brought into this in the first place. So if his words were indicative of what was to come, Venus will win right? That has been the basis of all the conspiracy talk from the beginning. One loses so the other wins. So Venus will win right? It's really not that hard to understand :rolleyes:

G1Player2

Oh please...JHH was not out NEARLY long as Serena was consecutively and her injury wasn't nearly as severe...Besides, JHH came back on her FAVORITE surface which was clay and the only surface that she had success...We saw what happened when her game transitioned to the grass. a surface other than clay. She lost 1st round to Eleni Danillidou...

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:31 PM
How did y'all get on the subject of comparing Serena to Justine???

Knizzle
No.

Justine has had a much better 2005 than Serena. Justine's future seems much brighter than Serena's. I mean, at least Justine wins on her favorite surface and knows how to play and win with injury.

Yeah, of course Serena doesn't know how to do that. :lol:

~Rachel~

Ditto

Julia1968
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:32 PM
How did y'all get on the subject of comparing Serena to Justine???

The Royal Court brought Justine into the thread. Their queen lost, so someone has to pay.

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Yes, what does it have to do with Venus indeed. However I'm trying to figure out why Richard was brought into this in the first place. So if his words were indicative of what was to come, Venus will win right? That has been the basis of all the conspiracy talk from the beginning. One loses so the other wins. So Venus will win right? It's really not that hard to understand :rolleyes:

They probably knew that an injured Serena didn't have a chance again Maria, so Venus has a better chance of beating her. But if Serena were to play Venus, then more likely Serena would win, so that is why she had to lose this round. Richard,Venus, and Serena are very smart people.

RVD
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Not too disappointed she lost. She needs to go home and get some rest and take care of that bum ankle. I'd rather hear all the garbage now, than listening to it after a sister/sister match. Nice job Jill. You worked hard. Now go Vee. :bounce:My sentiments as well. I'm proud that she hung in there as long as she did with her health being what it was. :yeah:

Question:
Is there any truth to the rumor that Serena was playing with a fractured foot? :confused:
I hope it's not true. :sad:

harloo

Yeah yeah yeah, we all knew you couldn't wait to come out and troll Serena after her loss here.

Get a new act Jules, you ain't cute at all. :lol: :tape:

Knizzle
The Royal Court brought Justine into the thread. Their queen lost, so someone has to pay.

:haha: Damn you are a pitiful individual. I feel very sorry for you. :lol:

Kabezya
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:35 PM
They probably knew that an injured Serena didn't have a chance again Maria, so Venus has a better chance of beating her.

So Venus will win Wimby - cool. I'm surprised Cheesetrix is having so hard of a time with comprehension tonight.

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:37 PM
:lol: Venus has a better probability of winning than Serena had.

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:38 PM
So Venus will win Wimby - cool. I'm surprised Cheesetrix is having so hard of a time with comprehension tonight.

Who said anything about Venus winning Wimbledon? :confused:

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:39 PM

Because of her win at the AO this year, Serena will be in the top ten for a while. In fact, unless Svetlana plays better, Serena will most likely be at number five because she doesn't have that much to defend this summer.

BTW, her win at the AO was no fluke. Maria had every chance to win that match (3 match points and 1 break point to serve for the match), but she didn't take her chances.

RVD
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Never mind, I found my answer. :sad:
Rest up and heal Serena. I'll be counting on you winning your next tourney.

starr
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Well done, Jill. I thought her nerves might do her in but she played bravely. :yeah:

K-Dog
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Venus would not have lost to Serena at this tournament. I think that Serena knew that she had little chance against big sis'. Serena was on her last limb, and now it looks like she might be out for a little longer and perphaps the US Open. Serena needs to get in better condition and start to try to prevent the injuries by strengthing her muscles around the ligaments and just to prevent any pulls or anything.

Julia1968
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Serena Williams 2005

Australian Open
1 Camille Pin W 6-1,6-1
2 Dally Randriantefy W 6-3,6-0
3 Sania Mirza W 6-1,6-4
4 Nadia Petrova W 6-1,3-6,6-3
QF Amelie Mauresmo W 6-2,6-2
SF Maria Sharapova W 2-6,7-5,8-6
F Lindsay Davenport W 2-6,6-3,6-0

Open Gaz de France
2 Stephanie Cohen-Aloro W 6-3,6-2
QF Dinara Safina L

Dubai Duty Free Women's Open
2 Elena Bovina W 1-6,6-1,6-4
QF Daniela Hantuchova W 6-4,6-3
SF Jelena Jankovic L 0-6,3-4,retired

NASDAQ-100 Open
2 Vera Douchevina W 6-3,6-0
3 Shahar Peer W 6-3,6-3
4 Elena Likhovtseva W 6-4,1-6,6-4
QF Venus Williams L 1-6,6-7(8-10)

Bausch & Lomb Championships
2 Dally Randriantefy W 6-3,6-1
3 Mary Pierce W 7-6(7-5),6-4
QF Silvia Farina Elia L 7-5,6-7(7-9),retired

Telecom Italia Masters Roma
2 Francesca Schiavone L 6-7(2-7),1-6

Wimbledon
1 Angela Haynes W 6-7(12-14),6-4,6-4
2 Mara Santangelo W 2-6,6-3,6-2
3 Jill Crabas L 3-6,6-7

RVD
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:42 PM
What about Justine?? Forgot about her so soon have you?More like 'stewing' over it. :lol: It's how she gets over her depression, by slamming Serena. Tch-tch-tch... :rolleyes:

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:42 PM

how's the baby, jules???? :wavey:

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Serena Williams 2005

Australian Open
1 Camille Pin W 6-1,6-1
3 Sania Mirza W 6-1,6-4

Open Gaz de France
QF Dinara Safina L

NASDAQ-100 Open
3 Shahar Peer W 6-3,6-3

Wimbledon
3 Jill Crabas L 3-6,6-7

Julia recovered this from the Serena Williams database from the C: drive on her PC. Hey Jules, you spelled CrayBAS wrong. I guess you and Tracy Austin should both take a class for that.

bis2806
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:48 PM
:lol:

raquel
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Serena Williams 2005

Australian Open
1 Camille Pin W 6-1,6-1
3 Sania Mirza W 6-1,6-4

Open Gaz de France
QF Dinara Safina L

NASDAQ-100 Open
3 Shahar Peer W 6-3,6-3

Wimbledon
3 Jill Crabas L 3-6,6-7
Julia, you're so predictable. Why don't you log in under your other username next time you post this. You know, just to mix things up a bit.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Great Job Jill. Now Crush Venus. :lol: I can't even say it without laughing. Seriously though if Jill beats Venus then Venus should retire.

thelittlestelf
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:59 PM
A big congratulations to Jill on her best grand slam result ever and her biggest win ever :).

A big :bigcry: for Serena... she really had nothing left. She was totally overwhelmed by injuries and a bad cold... but a noble effort nonetheless. She was also so nice to Jill at the net :).

starr
Serena's win at the Austrailian TRUMPS EVERYTHING Sharapova has done, or any other player, no MATTER what her results have been since then...

No it doesn't. It doesn't trump Justine's dominance of the red clay season.

Serena one one grand slam and that's all. Justine was unbeatable going into Roland Garros and was triumphant there as well. That certainly TRUMPS Serena's winning the Australian Open.

Knizzle
Great Job Jill. Now Crush Venus. :lol: I can't even say it without laughing. Seriously though if Jill beats Venus then Venus should retire.

I know!! :haha:

I can see the headline already. Craybas defeats both Williams sisters!!

charmedRic
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:01 PM
yikes.

thelittlestelf
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Sorry, for those of you thinking Serena was faking an injury/cold/both, I suggest you buy eyes and ears or actually watch the match.

cheesestix
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:05 PM

You mean the same Jill Craybas whose only way of getting to week 2 (according to you) was by her match with Serena getting halted until next week? :confused:

Tennis Fool
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Obviously everybody would have been talking about how Serena tanked in the Venus/Serena match and that would have added to the speculation of fixed matches. Forget quality points, Venus wants to win Wimbledon.

So as a Williams fan, you think they are into match rigging :confused:

SelesFan70
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I love the way Jill played defense on grass :yeah: She reminds me of Chris Evert! Compact swing, no emotions, playing percentage tennis! :worship: All credit to Jill for getting the ball back in play and making Serena hit extra balls.

Better luck next time, Serena. Perhaps this is the "wake up" call Serena needs. You can't just mosey on into a tournament anymore expecting to win with no preparation. Go home, heal thyself and prepare for the US Open (and pull out of Fed Cup, too! :rolleyes: )

lizchris
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:07 PM

Serena one one grand slam and that's all. Justine was unbeatable going into Roland Garros and was triumphant there as well. That certainly TRUMPS Serena's winning the Australian Open.

Actually, both have done well this year, IMO, because not only did Serena win it, she was points away from regaining the number one ranking. Justine played her way back into the top ten and both can play well during the summer and get back into the top five.

Deuce Court
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Serena wasn't fit! The last time she played Craybas she won 0 and 1. That says it all!

Angel_Mars

No reason to stick a fork in Juju, she won four tournaments in a row before she lost a match ;) .......... why are you bringing Juju into this anyway?

hablo

yup. this was supposed the bottom "heavy" draw, full of non chokers :o:rolleyes:

DevilishAttitude
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:11 PM
What a match.

Amazing for Jill I thought she'd choked it away with missed oppotunities but she kept plugging away. Proved you don't have to be young, tall and powerful to beat top players :worship: :)

Serena was good to watch in terms of dramatics but there was no way she could espace playing badly and winning again. She's not in 2003 anymore.

And whoever said Serena delibertely lost... OUCH

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I hope Serena withdraws from Los Angeles, and rests up for Canada...then the US Open.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Serena Williams 2005

Australian Open
1 Camille Pin W 6-1,6-1
3 Sania Mirza W 6-1,6-4

Open Gaz de France
QF Dinara Safina L

NASDAQ-100 Open
3 Shahar Peer W 6-3,6-3

Wimbledon
3 Jill Crabas L 3-6,6-7

Justine Henin Hardenne

1 Eleni Daniliildou L 7-6 2-6 7-5

Julia1968
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Justine Henin Hardenne

Justine Henin-Hardenne 2005 Results

NASDAQ-100 Open
2 Abigail Spears W 6-4,6-3
3 Nuria Llagostera Vives W 6-3,6-2
4 Alicia Molik W 6-4,2-6,6-2
QF Maria Sharapova L 1-6,7-6(8-6),2-6

Family Circle Cup
1 Jelena Jankovic W 5-7,6-4,6-3
2 Shuai Peng W 6-2,4-6,6-4
3 Iveta Benesova W 6-2,6-3
QF Lindsay Davenport W 3-6,6-3,1-0
SF Tatiana Golovin W 7-6(7-4),7-5
F Elena Dementieva W 7-5,6-4

J & S Cup
1 Denisa Chladkova W 6-2,6-2
2 Maria Vento-Kabchi W 6-3,7-5
QF Patty Schnyder W 6-1,6-2
SF Ana Ivanovic W 6-4,7-5
F Svetlana Kuznetsova W 3-6,6-2,7-5

Qatar Total German Open 2005
1 Iveta Benesova W 7-5,4-6,6-1
2 Maria Kirilenko W 2-6,6-1,6-3
3 Kveta Peschke W 4-6,6-4,6-2
QF Maria Sharapova W 6-2,6-4
SF Patty Schnyder W 6-0,6-1
F Nadia Petrova W 6-3,4-6,6-3

French Open
1 Conchita Martinez W 6-0,4-6,6-4
2 Virginia Ruano Pascual W 6-1,6-4
3 Anabel Medina Garrigues W 4-6,6-2,6-3
4 Svetlana Kuznetsova W 7-6(8-6),4-6,7-5
QF Maria Sharapova W 6-4,6-2
SF Nadia Petrova W 6-2,6-3
F Mary Pierce W 6-1,6-1

Wimbledon
1 Eleni Daniilidou L 6-7(8-10),6-2,5-7

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Justine Henin Hardenne

:haha:

Julia1968
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:32 PM
No reason to stick a fork in Juju, she won four tournaments in a row before she lost a match ;) .......... why are you bringing Juju into this anyway?

Because SOMEONE has to pay....SOMEONE has to pay.....

xan
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I was shocked to see Serena so out of shape in this match. The commentators noted that she was literally wheezing through some of the points. Her movement was poor too - although that may have been her foot injury.

Before the match, I had a feeling Serena would withdraw if she won, before her meeting with Venus. Now she doesn't need to.

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:35 PM

I guess Serena was out of shape recovering from that nose job huh Angel Mars. :cuckoo:

hotandspicey
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Because SOMEONE has to pay....SOMEONE has to pay.....That someone already did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Angel_Mars
I guess Serena was out of shape recovering from that nose job huh Angel Mars. :cuckoo:

No, the nose job was working fine for her, the problem was, she didn't get that liposuction done on her gut before Wimbledon, she might have been able to move around a little better with 15 less pounds around the middle, you know........ :lol:

New_balls_please
Serena played HORRIBLE! hope she gets well 4 the hardcourt season.

Angel_Mars
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:40 PM
That someone already did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somebody did allright. Serena payed for being out of shape.

serenafan08
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Before the match, I had a feeling Serena would withdraw if she won, before her meeting with Venus. Now she doesn't need to.
Serena wouldn't withdraw before a match with Venus. She should have never left the US because it's apparent that she's not ready to play any kind of tennis yet. She needs to drop about 20 pounds and rebuild the muscle mass she's lost.

Nemesis
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Serena :sad:
Saw some bits of her match on the news and on them she looked to be fighting so much. It just wasn't her day :sad: Don't know how much the injury was a factor. Maybe as much of a factor as the hamstring injury of Justine ...

Damn. This quarter looked so promising. Now its the weakest :o

Get well Serena & have a stunning HC season :hug:

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:12 PM
So as a Williams fan, you think they are into match rigging :confused:

I don't know. You can never rule out anything. Just because she "looked" competitive doesn't mean that she didn't tank the match. Sorry, Serena could have beat her with one arm and her eyes blindfolded. I think what happened is that Serena committed to playing the tournament, even when she wasn't match ready (didn't think they would be in the same quarter). When they draw came out and it had both of them in the same quarter, then they decided that Venus had a better chance of defeating Maria if they were to meet, meaning that if they want anybody to speculate about match-rigging, then she would have to struggle through her first 2 matches and then lose in the round before she faced Venus. She couldn't have lost first round because they would say "well she knew Venus was in the draw and didn't try", etc., etc.

selyoink
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:36 PM
A terrible match for Serena and a fantastic result for Craybas. I think Serena must be really hurting. She rarely loses to players like this. I expect it with Venus sometimes but not Serena.

Venus should make it to the semis now.

azza
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Omg hahahahahahahahahaha :haha: :haha: :haha: :lol: OMG TOO funny Serena losing to JILL CRAYBAS :haha: haha this has made my day this is so great :D:banana:

Dancehall_Queen_
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:41 PM
I had no idea this match was on i thought it was suspended seeing as the Davide match went on so late.

Omg no idea i guess contrats to Jill :)

but im gutted

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:52 PM

7 majors TRUMPS 4 majors.......... :D

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Congrats to Jill by the way........she didnt choke when the pressure was on and that is always something to be proud of :D

Brooks.
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:00 PM

honey,

just give it up........serena lost!........its done with.......it happened........justine lost........its over with.........it happened.......serena will be back....justine will be back..... and im a little concerned about the baby jules........you havent mentioned her in quite some time :confused:

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:02 PM
:worship: Jill! :eek: :kiss:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Because SOMEONE has to pay....SOMEONE has to pay.....

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Julia1968 again."

Dava
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Well done to Jill but Serena was poor poor poor poor! This is one of the worst matches Ive seen in terms of quality with only the drama and the last few games (where Serena upped her level) saving it from disgrace. Jill played well below her best to io this match was a bundle of nerves, shit serves and unforced erros.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Venus you better go out there on sunday and destroy the Serena Slayer!!! Then take her out to lunch.

bmxbandit
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Get ready for the Open Rena. I still believe in you.

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Serena is not 100% fit, and has been playing very poorly. :sad: Looked very slow, and slightly looking unfitter than ever. :sad:

She sucked @ Wimbledon 2005! :fiery: :sad: :sad:

Jill .. Congratulations. :)

WF4EVER
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:49 PM
I got sick of all the Richard talk about Serena not being 100% and ailing from everything in the book. I've read it here enough times that if you're not healthy stay the fuck home so why all the excuses?

IMO Serena is out of shape, she appears to be overweight and she has had no proper training leading into Wimby. It showed in her last two matches and then to lose to Craybas was just inevitable although I thought Serena would have beaten Craybas despite her problems. She gave her tons of opportunities which she couldn't take and if it hadn't been for Serena's lack of conditioning she would have won despite the score.

I think Craybas is a horrible player (no offense to anyone or any fan of hers) but Serena at 10% should still have beaten her. She does not appear to have any ankle injury nor does she seem to have a cold which I also heard rumoured, but she really really does seem to not be in proper shape and it was only a matter of time before she would have lost.

I just expected it would have been after Venus let herself get beaten by her again.

ceiling_fan
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:58 AM
wow! unexpected graveyard loss :sad: ... get better for hardcourts!

SJW
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:11 AM
congrats Jill. im glad you held your nerve unlike some others :)

Serena you are fucking awesome. to play with a fractured foot just cuz you love Wimbledon so much is really cute :hug: you'll be champion again. just wait.

Greenout
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Hey, just watched whatever little bits of this match on the highlight
show and it was absolute bullshit.

I'm not a Serena fan; but this has really pissed me off. It was
sooooooooooooo dark. Roger, Henman or Maria would never have
been given the task of playing when it was this dark. I swear...
it really makes you wonder if they WANT Maria to win.

Geez... the match should've been STOPPED and continued the next
day from set two- PERIOD.

Didn't they push Serena to Court 2? Again bullshit. If it was
Roger, Maria or Henman- the match would not even have been
played till Monday.

Anyway- I feel for you Serena fans. Ok- she wasn't looking great; but
there wasn't a "tank" job. She was just not into it because of the jerk
around on the court changes, and waiting around all day for this match.

I've seen this happen so many times at WIMBLEDON. Last match of
the day, and seeded star player goes down. The organizers know this
will usually happen, because well...it happened so many times.

Crap treatment!

faste5683
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Hey, just watched whatever little bits of this match on the highlight
show and it was absolute bullshit.

I'm not a Serena fan; but this has really pissed me off. It was
sooooooooooooo dark. Roger, Henman or Maria would never have
been given the task of playing when it was this dark. I swear...
it really makes you wonder if they WANT Maria to win.

played till Monday.

Anyway- I feel for you Serena fans. Ok- she wasn't looking great; but
there wasn't a "tank" job. She was just not into it because of the jerk
around on the court changes, and waiting around all day for this match.

I've seen this happen so many times at WIMBLEDON. Last match of
the day, and seeded star player goes down. The organizers know this
will usually happen, because well...it happened so many times.

Crap treatment!

Good points. OTOH, Craybas endured the same conditions, didn't she?

:wavey:

Junex
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:28 AM
yeah. death quarter turns out to be a cakewalk to the final for Maria :rolleyes:

LOL!

they are not even in the same quarter! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the topic:

Its really silly, i mean after all the fuss about how heavy this quarter is, then we are suddenly faced with two of the faves out in the first week! :eek:

it could have been the injury but what is surprising is Justine & Serena, the mentally toughest athlete out there failed to summon the grit that brought them to turnaround a losing match........ :(

Greenout
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Good points. OTOH, Craybas endured the same conditions, didn't she?

:wavey:

Ok. So, Serena is a champion, last year's runner -up etc..
Who care's about Craybas! The point is that Maria, Roger or
Henman wouldn't have had to play in these conditions.

faste5683. This match happened under the darkest light
quality I've seen since... I can't even remember since NOBODY
played when it was this dark!!!!!!

Ridiculous.

Junex
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:31 AM

this post deserves a big :rolleyes: and an even bigger :tape: !

cynicole
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:34 AM
it could have been the injury but what is surprising is Justine & Serena, the mentally toughest athlete out there failed to summon the grit that brought them to turnaround a losing match........ :(

Lack of conditioning and preparation for both, really. Neither Justine's win streak nor Serena's normal amount of "confidence/arrogance" could pull them through that.

jbone_0307
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:41 AM
this post deserves a big :rolleyes: and an even bigger :tape: !

Why?

cynicole
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:42 AM
I got sick of all the Richard talk about Serena not being 100% and ailing from everything in the book. I've read it here enough times that if you're not healthy stay the fuck home so why all the excuses?

There are lots of things I love about Serena. I even love her arrogance. But the one thing that absolutely drives me bonkers about her is her whining and crying when she loses.

This loss to Jill is almost as bad as her loss to Alina Jidkova last year (which was probably the worst loss of her career). I still can't believe this happened. And I seriously don't know what to expect from her for the rest of the year.

But any year you win a Slam is a good one, I'd think.

Junex
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Why?

Because its the silliest excuse!

What kind of a fan are you? would you be happy to know your fave purposely "tanked" a match?
I know i wouldn't.

SJW
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:53 AM
There are lots of things I love about Serena. I even love her arrogance. But the one thing that absolutely drives me bonkers about her is her whining and crying when she loses.

This loss to Jill is almost as bad as her loss to Alina Jidkova last year (which was probably the worst loss of her career). I still can't believe this happened. And I seriously don't know what to expect from her for the rest of the year.

But any year you win a Slam is a good one, I'd think.

you think she cried because she lost?

would you mind if i said that was bollocks? :)

cynicole
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:57 AM
you think she cried because she lost?

would you mind if i said that was bollocks? :)

If she won she wouldn't have cried. She'd probably be pissed at herself for playing crap (fine by me) but she wouldn't have cried.

And no, I wouldn't mind what you said. :p

SJW
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:08 AM
If she won she wouldn't have cried. She'd probably be pissed at herself for playing crap (fine by me) but she wouldn't have cried.

And no, I wouldn't mind what you said. :p

ok she wouldnt have necessarily cried if she won. but the loss isn't what hurt you i assure you that. just like last year. losing in the final wasnt the reason she was upset. its the circumstances in which she lost. the girl put her heart before her head and it didn't work. i cant be mad at her, i wanted her to play more than anything. but she wasnt ready. she knew it. and she paid the price for the pressure she put herself under. i personally knew she wouldn't win Wimbledon because of inside information so i'm not worried. this was more than Serena playing crap. this was Serena playing crap even though she knew she shoulda kept her ass at home. but i gotta love the girl for trying :)

Emerald
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Ok. So, Serena is a champion, last year's runner -up etc..
Who care's about Craybas! The point is that Maria, Roger or
Henman wouldn't have had to play in these conditions.

faste5683. This match happened under the darkest light
quality I've seen since... I can't even remember since NOBODY
played when it was this dark!!!!!!

Ridiculous.
Serena and Jill didn't complain about light though
Serena could have pulled rank like Andy Roddick and just told the referee she was not playing no more. He did it and no one said anything and he has not won it two times like Williams.
Serena was just not her self today but she has not played a lot in a while. She will be back.

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Serena could have pulled rank like Andy Roddick and just told the referee she was not playing no more. He did it and no one said anything and he has not won it two times like Williams.
Serena was just not her self today but she has not played a lot in a while. She will be back.

:worship:

Stamp Paid
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:13 AM

I dont think Serena knows that she can pull rank in such a way...She didnt do it at the USO last year or this year at Wimbledon.

cynicole
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:17 AM
ok she wouldnt have necessarily cried if she won. but the loss isn't what hurt you i assure you that. just like last year. losing in the final wasnt the reason she was upset. its the circumstances in which she lost. the girl put her heart before her head and it didn't work. i cant be mad at her, i wanted her to play more than anything. but she wasnt ready. she knew it. and she paid the price for the pressure she put herself under. i personally knew she wouldn't win Wimbledon because of inside information so i'm not worried. this was more than Serena playing crap. this was Serena playing crap even though she knew she shoulda kept her ass at home. but i gotta love the girl for trying :)

She didn't seem so upset (by Serena standards) by the loss last year to me. I think she actually handled it well (by Serena standards, again).

I still don't know what to think about Serena going against her better judgment and playing for pride at Wimbledon this year. It's sort of like Myskina playing RG this year or Justine playing RG last year despite all the things that were going wrong for them. Though you never know unless you try. On the one hand, while I admire them for trying I also can't help think they're being extremely foolish.

At least her "confidence" helped her fight through her first couple of rounds. (My fave, with a freakin' 24-match win streak, couldn't even find that!) :o

Emerald
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:24 AM
I dont think Serena knows that she can pull rank in such a way...She didnt do it at the USO last year or this year at Wimbledon.
Well to me I was really expecting Serena to say something about the light so she could just go home and come back on Monday in good form on a new day but she did not say anything so I just think there was no problem and she could see okay.Nothing went for her today and I say well done to Serena for playing on and not trying to get the match carried to Monday.But if she really did have trouble in the light she should have told referee because this is Serena two time champion of Wimbledon - they would have listened to her problems like they did with Roddick.Roddick actually just started to walk off one night!

Mr_Molik
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:30 AM
:D great win jill!

tennisIlove09
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Serena Limps Out Of Wimbledon
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/SerenawimyellSMullane.jpg
photo By Susan Mullane By Tennis Week
06/26/2005

Two-time Wimbledon winner Serena Williams limped out of The Championships in the third round today, suffering a 6-3, 7-6(4) loss to American Jill Craybas. Hobbled by an ankle injury and lacking sufficient match play, Williams met her demise on the Graveyard of Champions court.

The former No. 1 arrived at the All England Club competing for her fourth straight trip to the Wimbledon final, but suffered her earliest exit from a major since she fell in the third round of the 1999 Roland Garros.

"I guess I had a lot of rust. I just didn't play well today," said Williams, whose eyes filled with tears in the post-match press conference. "I mean, the other days I kind of played through it and the second and third set I got better. But today I just didn't do anything right."

It was the 10th career Grand Slam victory for the 30-year-old Craybas, who will face Venus Williams for a spot in the quarterfinals. The 14th-seeded Venus defeated 20th-seeded Daniela Hantuchova, 7-5, 6-3.

"It's about really trusting yourself and going after each particular shot no matter what situation you're in," Craybas said. "Previously, when I saw her across the court, I was probably thinking to myself, 'Oh, my God, I'm playing the No. 1 player in the world. Today, as soon as I walked on the court, I just felt like we were equals. And I think that made a big difference to me."

Since her inspired run to the Australian Open title in January, Serena has won just 10 matches. Plagued by injury and inactivity, the fourth-ranked Williams conceded she needs to get back to work and train harder if she is to regain her place at the top of tennis.

"I definitely think it's important for me to practice harder than what I have been," Serena said. "I've never been big on practicing. I've kind of just been all about playing. I love getting out there and playing matches, so I think I'm going to have to do a little more practicing."

skanky~skanketta
Jun 26th, 2005, 04:15 AM
whatever serena.:mad: :bigcry:

well, it's not looking too good for my faves. venus with her scary play i dont know how far she'll go. she'll probably lose to sharapova. (girl!please hit the finals!please!)

and kim is probably gonna lose to lindsay tomorrow.

FUCK!

LeRoy.
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:16 AM
wow . Jidkova , Schiavone , Jankovic , and now Craybas :o Impressive. Very Impressive.

I think Serena's days of winning a Major title are OVER :)

Martian KC
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:21 AM
What a moment for Jill! I'm so happy for her! Congrats!

bigshow21
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:26 AM
:eek: Whoa! :eek:

gsm
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:27 AM

played till Monday.

i say again , the wimbledon organisers are wankers.

why did they wait till near the end of play to switch courts???

Andy.
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:30 AM
This is a huge shock Serena even at 50% should have had this match

@m@nd@
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:34 AM
oh my goodness.....
well congrats jill :yeah:

jbone_0307
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Because its the silliest excuse!

What kind of a fan are you? would you be happy to know your fave purposely "tanked" a match?
I know i wouldn't.

I never said that I would be happy if one of my favorites tanked a match. Obviously she did or she wouldn't have lost in 3 sets. I'm just trying to see what makes what I said worthy of a :rolleyes:. Also they devised of this before the match, which would make it a reason, not an excuse. An excuse would be "there wasn't enough lighting", "she injured", etc. Never say never.

Vut
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Serena is not 100%!... better luck

tennisrox
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Everytime Serena loses this board goes berserk!! :lol: Look at the number of threads that have been posted!Not at all surprised by this loss though :sad:

Greenout
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Well to me I was really expecting Serena to say something about the light so she could just go home and come back on Monday in good form on a new day but she did not say anything so I just think there was no problem and she could see okay.Nothing went for her today and I say well done to Serena for playing on and not trying to get the match carried to Monday.But if she really did have trouble in the light she should have told referee because this is Serena two time champion of Wimbledon - they would have listened to her problems like they did with Roddick.Roddick actually just started to walk off one night!

Out courtesy and leaving the draw looking a tad barren in
the bottom half, the organizers could've stopped the match themselves
or suggested it to be continued the next day.

sartrista7
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Craybas d. Serena...now I've seen it all :tape:

I am a little annoyed that neither Haynes nor Santangelo managed to close out their matches, I'd far rather they got the headlines and bonus points than Jill fucking Craybas :sad:

xan
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Of course people do realise that if serena hadn't played on Saturday, she'd probably have had to play two matches on Monday!

Rub
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:17 AM
it looks like that was not serena playing! look at the serve stats:

Craybas (USA) Williams (USA)

1st Serve % 67 of 102 = 66 % 37 of 64 = 58 %
Aces 0 3
Double Faults 3 2
Unforced Errors 23 34
Winning % on 1st Serve 40 of 67 = 60 % 21 of 37 = 57 %
Winning % on 2nd Serve 15 of 35 = 43 % 10 of 27 = 37 %
Winners (Including Service) 15 29
Receiving Points Won 33 of 64 = 52 % 47 of 102 = 46 %
Break Point Conversions 6 of 8 = 75 % 5 of 15 = 33 %
Net Approaches 9 of 14 = 64 % 14 of 22 = 64 %
Total Points Won 88 78
Fastest Serve 102 MPH 109 MPH
Average 1st Serve Speed 91 MPH 94 MPH
Average 2nd Serve Speed 82 MPH 81 MPH

:eek:

Szymanowski
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I couldn't believe what I was hearing when this score came up when I got home! When was the last time Serena's lost before week 2 of a slam?

Szymanowski
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:44 AM
it looks like that was not serena playing! look at the serve stats:

Craybas (USA) Williams (USA)

1st Serve % 67 of 102 = 66 % 37 of 64 = 58 %
Aces 0 3
Double Faults 3 2
Unforced Errors 23 34
Winning % on 1st Serve 40 of 67 = 60 % 21 of 37 = 57 %
Winning % on 2nd Serve 15 of 35 = 43 % 10 of 27 = 37 %
Winners (Including Service) 15 29
Receiving Points Won 33 of 64 = 52 % 47 of 102 = 46 %
Break Point Conversions 6 of 8 = 75 % 5 of 15 = 33 %
Net Approaches 9 of 14 = 64 % 14 of 22 = 64 %
Total Points Won 88 78
Fastest Serve 102 MPH 109 MPH
Average 1st Serve Speed 91 MPH 94 MPH
Average 2nd Serve Speed 82 MPH 81 MPH

:eek:
:rolleyes: It was Serena playing. But she was playing badly. Just because someone is not playing their best does not mean it was not them playing :rolleyes:

foreva lindsay
Jun 26th, 2005, 11:50 AM
WOW :eek:

GoSandrine
Jun 26th, 2005, 01:15 PM
wow what a shocker to see this result :eek: :eek: :speakles:

After struggling against Angela and Mara I thought Serena would win this in straights even with her injury.

Congrats Jill :hug: a career win! :D I'm soooo happy for her although I was looking forward to an all Williams fourth round encounter. I guess this tops Eleni over Justine for top scalp :worship:

Rena, rest up and get healthy for the Open :kiss:

V-MAC
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:23 PM
It's possible, but I don't see that happening.

Venus has actually stepped up her game, plus it is difficult to beat both sisters in the same touranament.

:lol: Does Venus need any more motivation to beat Craybas right now?! :eek: I'm sure Vee will come out fighting.;)

gsm
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Of course people do realise that if serena hadn't played on Saturday, she'd probably have had to play two matches on Monday!
exactly , the wimbledon organisers should have started the match a lot earlier on saturday.

they presumed that murray would finish his match in four , IMO very bad drills.

was plenty of spare courts.

Tennisaddict
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Didn't see this one coming :mad:. I really thought Serena would will herself into another victory. I wish her a speedy recovery so she can get match fit and match tough asap :yeah:.

Experimentee
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Serena :sad:
I wish she hadnt played if she was injured. Who cares if its Wimbledon, jsut rest the body and dont come back till u are fully fit!

MLF
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Serena was totally underprepared for this event, but it is Wimbledon so who can blame her for having a go. I saw Craybas' matches with Harkleroad & Bartoli and she was hitting a very clean good ball and was very fast so I think her ability to get the ball back to length was the main problem for a rusty Serena.

I wanted Serena to win but it's lovely to see a journeywoman such as Craybas get her moment in the sun. She really seems like a very nice lady and is very dignified from what I've seen of her play. She better not be stubborn against Venus though ;)

Wojtek
Jun 26th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Justine Henin Hardenne

Typical. The same story when Serena or Venus, some Williams fans attack other players :rolleyes:

DunkMachine
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Typical. The same story when Serena or Venus, some Williams fans attack other players :rolleyes:

That avatar is awesome. I masturbated and came.

Martian Jeza
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:47 PM
I liked the crocodile tears of Serena at the post match interview. :D

G1Player2
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:38 AM

Do ou have the link?

G1Player2
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:38 AM

I like the tears that I seen from the player in the 1999 FO final better...

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:42 AM

:haha: :haha:

No Name Face
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:44 AM

but that's because justine fans were the first to hate.

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:46 AM

Ahum :rolleyes: .... This coming from a Hingis & Hantuchova fan. :o

I remember tears rolling down Hantuchova's face during her loss a few years back. :tape: And that was during the match. :o :lol:

volta
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:49 AM
ain´t it amazing that Williams fans are blamed for everything in this board while all the other player fans have no guilty? they come here start dissing Rena and want us to be shut up :lol: :lol: then they start to say that we are this we are that that we start this things LOL it´s pathetic

Julia1968
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:11 AM

No. Long before there was Justine, The Royal Court was bloodying Martina Hingis.

Munchen
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Finally someone was strong enough to defeat an under 50% fit Serena! :)

:sad: I really do admire Serena's fighting spirit, but with her fitness lacking and her mindset, not quite tuned, she should have missed Wimbledon. :sad:

:o Its sad to Serena looking that scrappy .... esspecially on grass where she normally feels and looks comfortable. :mad:

JILL ;) job well done. you held your nerve. :worship:

volta
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:13 AM
No. Long before there was Justine, The Royal Court was bloodying Martina Hingis.
again with the royal court :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Brooks.
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:21 AM

so by quoting yourself in your signature you are accomplishing what again :confused:

No Name Face
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:37 AM

but hingis said some bitchy things about the sisters. not that i really care, i loved hingis and the sisters...but i mean, come on...you may not like them, but they're really not all that bad.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:39 AM
The thing is, NEITHER sister has ever said anything directly negative about an opponent. The only time I can think of was Serena at the '03 French, but that was justified because of Justine's gamesmanship. Other than that, they don't comment negatively about other players. But HOARDS of other players say negative things about Venus and Serena, which isn't fair.

Martian Jeza
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:44 AM

Yeah of course : Justine fans are the biggest threat on this board

Martian Jeza
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:45 AM

Yeah and in that final none of the sisters was involved :eek:

Martian Jeza
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:47 AM
The thing is, NEITHER sister has ever said anything directly negative about an opponent. The only time I can think of was Serena at the '03 French, but that was justified because of Justine's gamesmanship. Other than that, they don't comment negatively about other players. But HOARDS of other players say negative things about Venus and Serena, which isn't fair.

Yeah other players are evils, the sisters are angels.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:47 AM
Yeah and in that final none of the sisters was involved :eek:

Yes they were, but in the doubles final. And the sisters weren't crying in THAT one I can tell ya. ;)

Julia1968
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:49 AM
but hingis said some bitchy things about the sisters. not that i really care, i loved hingis and the sisters...but i mean, come on...you may not like them, but they're really not all that bad.

The Royal Court had done nothing to uplift the sport of tennis by attacking it's commentators, its players, its fans, players family, coaches, even attacking the sport itself. All because Venus and Serena are losing early and often. They are not fans of the sport of tennis. They hate tennis, because their queens aren't winning.

AkademiQ
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Yeah other players are evils, the sisters are angels.

Glad you see it that way :D

Brooks.
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:51 AM
The Royal Court had done nothing to uplift the sport of tennis by attacking it's commentators, its players, its fans, players family, coaches, even attacking the sport itself. All because Venus and Serena are losing early and often. They are not fans of the sport of tennis. They hate tennis, because their queens aren't winning.

:cuckoo: :bs: :yawn: :zzz: :retard: :smash: :help:

Martian Jeza
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:53 AM

Well said :yeah: